PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition 10th Anniversary Kyosho Mini-Z MA-010 Chassis Assembly Kit SP

arch2b
2009.07.08, 07:55 AM
The awd sp kits are in the shop now (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19902) :)

minittrackmann
2009.07.08, 10:04 AM
Wow, 220.00 bucks is a lot. loll

Old Crow
2009.07.08, 10:29 AM
On the outside, it does look like a lot. If I'm not mistaken the upgraded parts it comes with at least meets that price, if not exceeds it. Metal Bearings, K ball diff($50 right there), Alum motor cover, just to name a few, and I believe there's more. If anyone has a break down, please list it.

Just forget I even posted. I thought it came with electronics. I genuinely thought I knew what I was talking about, not the case.

kryten
2009.07.08, 10:37 AM
The list of included upgrades is in the link in Arch2b's first post. :)

Old Crow
2009.07.08, 10:40 AM
The list of included upgrades is in the link in Arch2b's first post. :)

My apologies, where is that? If I have to click on the link above, that's my problem, I can't get to any "shopping" sites, there blocked where I'm at.

mk2kompressor
2009.07.08, 11:30 AM
* No.MDF003GB Blue / grey SP color chassis with high efficiency gold plated terminals
* Specially colored receiver cover (for ASF 2.4GHz, not sold separately)
* No.MZW1 Ball bearing set
* No.MDW007-01 Aluminum motor holder set
* No.MDW008 Aluminum motor cover
* No.MDW018 Ball differential set (front)
* No.MDW023 Xspeed V Motor
* Multi offset wheels
* Narrow tires x 4
* Wide tires x 2

Set Contents

* Pre-assembled chassis with R/C unit installed
* Rear suspension spacers for chassis height adjustment
* Pinion gears (15T, 17T, 19T, 21T)
* Spur Gear <Wheelbase M 27T, 29T, 31T> <Wheelbase L 27T, 29T, 31T>
* Pinion gear tool
* Spare nuts
* Wheel wrench

Required for Operation

* Auto Scale Collection body set for MA-010 (wheelbase M / L) *some body sets for MR-015 can also be used
* R/C Unit / MD013 2.4GHz (ASF) or MD010 27MHz+MZW3 MZ crystal set
* Transmitter / KT-18 (for 2.4GHz) or other brand transmitters for Mini-Z (for 27MHz)
* Batteries for transmitter
* 4 x AAA-size batteries (alkaline or Ni-MH) for chassis

Old Crow
2009.07.08, 03:15 PM
Sorry people, thought I was helping. Thanks for posting the information.

rcbam226
2009.07.08, 05:16 PM
Not bad for loaded starter package. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for Kyosho ball diff in the rear. Just my thought.

Felix2010
2009.07.09, 02:53 AM
What exactly is different about the receiver top cover? From all the pics I've seen the "SP Blue Limited-Edition" top cover looks exactly the same as the one included in the regular blue/grey SP chassis upgrade.
Cool kit nevertheless.:) Price really isn't too bad considering the parts included IMHO.

Pierro
2009.07.09, 03:44 AM
Hello!

The difference is in the color of the 2.4Ghz cover wich is blue (as the 27mhz version) instead of grey in other kits.

rcbam226
2009.07.09, 12:26 PM
Hello!

The difference is in the color of the 2.4Ghz cover wich is blue (as the 27mhz version) instead of grey in other kits.

Because its the:

No.MDF003GB Blue / grey SP color chassis with high efficiency gold plated terminals.

The plastic is stiffer than the stock smoke/clear version.

Pierro
2009.07.10, 02:31 AM
Hello!

No it's not as easy as getting the MDF003GB. This SP chassis kit only contains the 27mHz cover.

So the 2.4Ghz blue cover that this limited edition kit contains is really "new". Because previously the 2.4Ghz cover has only been available in smoke grey (in conversion kit or 2.4 Ghz chassis kit). ;)

By "cover" I mean only the one that protect the electronic, not the whole chassis.

marc
2009.07.10, 10:07 AM
Confused, the picture that I saw shows the housing for a crystal. I did not see a 2.4GHZ cover!

eztuner12
2009.07.16, 11:30 PM
Confused, the picture that I saw shows the housing for a crystal. I did not see a 2.4GHZ cover!

Hi marc,
You right AM gray & blue chassis with a few up-grades

Features:
•Fully equipped with ball bearings
•Nylon locking wheel nuts
•X-Speed V Motor
•Gold plated terminals for minimal resistance and high reliability
•Special color scheme features a blue receiver cover
•Complicated areas are prebuilt
•Includes:•Assembly Kit
•Kyosho MDF003GB Mini-Z AWD Competition Chassis with Gold Terminals
•Kyosho MDW007-01 A1 Aluminum Motor Holder Set
•Kyosho MDW008 Mini-Z AWD Aluminum Motor Heatsink
•Kyosho MDW018 AWD Aluminum Ball Differential Set
•Kyosho MDW002P X-Speed Motor for AWD
•Various offset wheels
•2 pr of narrow tires, 1 pr of wide tires
•Assorted pinions and spur gears
•14 ball bearings
Requires:
•Auto Scale body
•R/C Unit (ESC/Receiver)
•Transmitter
•AA Batteries for transmitter
•AAA batteries (alkaline or NiMH)

Cherub1m
2009.07.17, 08:07 AM
Marc, Richard

Look at the second picture from the link provided by arch2b. The chassis can be run as AM or ASF it has extra items which include the ASF parts :D.

eztuner12
2009.07.17, 09:00 AM
Marc, Richard

Look at the second picture from the link provided by arch2b. The chassis can be run as AM or ASF it has extra items which include the ASF parts :D.

Yep you are right Philip; still Kyosho is out for a few good fish with this gimmick. On this one they even did not bother with the sticker ;)
Let us see how many can they catch!:D
Cheers

marc
2009.08.14, 10:31 AM
Marc, Richard

I wonder if this is what I need for my next AWD instead of trying to fuss around with parts and what not. Look's like the Kyosho-spech AWD I built a while ago which was more expensive than this unit. Then again, you don't have a PCB board, or transmitter with this one. So that is an additional cost.

Seems to me when they first introduced the 2.4 system, that they expect you to already have the KT-18 transmitter, and all these cars came later relying on that fact that most of us would already be set. And when the 2.4 conversion kit became available, they figured we'd just add that to this as well as the MR02 version.

Seems like a good deal to me, just wish they had two versions, cheaper AM, and better 2.4.

EMU
2009.08.14, 04:22 PM
I built my AWD SP chassis set last night. I must say, it was a pleasure to build. Everything is organised very well, and has small bags that are labeled 1-5, in order of assembly. There are two different top covers, and two different motor terminal standoffs which correlate to the board that you are using ASF or AM.

I think it was worth the price that I paid. Especially for the ease that it was built. I did not use the instruction manual, so I cannot comment on that. I used a few option parts (front ball diff, springs, rear swingshafts and wheels), and had the car built, raced and packed up in less than 4 hours. I even used the kit narrow tires all around, and the car handled pretty well. On a layout that I pull 10.0s with my 2wd car with ATM Race USA motor, I ran about 10.5s with this car without any real development behind it. I need to do some tweaks, and I am sure that I can shave off at least .5s.

Marc, you wish for too much. If they did it that way, it would be similarly priced AM, and similarly priced 2.4 ready versions. This chassis comes without electronics, and can be used with either. I think that is the best way to do it. So you dont sell out of one version, and have lots of stock of the other. The more you limit your market, the less you will sell.

marc
2009.08.14, 04:42 PM
Yea I do wish a lot don't I? That's just me I suppose. Think this is the way to go if/when getting back into the Z's?

EMU
2009.08.14, 04:55 PM
There are cheaper alternatives, if you go with the standard chassis set with ATM diffs. I like the kyosho diff, and this is my ATM/Kyosho AWD that would be used for events which I am trying to keep all ATM/Kyo. My other AWD is 96mm Reflex, and handles a little better at this point. Both have Kyo rear diff and ATM front diff (for adjustability on the fly). I still have to disassemble the Kyosho diff to add the ceramic balls.

Depending on the price you get the SP chassis set for, it could be ~equal to the cost of buying the standard chassis and upgrading it. The main benefit, is that everything is very well organised, and you do not have to disassemble the chassis to reassemble it. Total assembly time for me was about 1 hour. That was rebuilding the front diff as well to add the thrust bearing upgrade and ceramic balls. The included X-Speed motor is a good option for the AWD. I had mine overgeared at 17/29, will try a 17/31 next time around.

I recommend the chassis set, it is such a pleasure to build this way. It is good to order a few parts that you know you will want before hand if you plan to build one. Front diff, springs, and swingshafts are the most important.

marc
2009.08.14, 05:36 PM
How is this assembly kit different from the new limited edition model that just came out with no board? Obviously, one you build and one comes pre-built, but what are other differences?

bbastyr
2009.08.15, 01:29 PM
I just picked one up to build as my first mini-Z. What do options should I add to it? Can you point me to any good threads.

EMU
2009.08.16, 01:31 AM
Marc, they are the same thing.

bbastyr;
ball diff
spring set
upgraded(alloy/ti/steel) swingshafts
Reflex Racing delrin outdrives for the Kyosho ball diff
1.5d Kyosho knuckles

You dont really need much more than what comes with the chassis. The X-Speed does run a bit hot, so dont gear it up too much. Im running 17/31 on mine right now, and thinking about going to 15/31...