PDA

View Full Version : MR-o2 or MR-02LM

Condell
2009.07.11, 12:38 AM
I'm not exactly sure how to word this question but how different is the LM chassis from the other pre existing 02 ones? I mean i know about the motor being 5.5mm lower and stuff, but what is the difference from buying a 2.4GHz chassis alone and buying a 02LM Kit? Besides it coming with a body?

I guess my question also is, is the 2.4GHz MR-02 chassis that is for sale alone the same chassis that comes with the 2.4GHz MR-02LM kit? And the LM kit is supposed to be the better of the two I read? And also will all the bodies that fit on the normal MR-02 chassis fit the LM too? Or do only the Le Mans bodies fit the LM chassis?

Sorry if this question is confusing, I don't even know if i worded it right lol. Hopefully you guys understand what im asking haha.

Thanks!:)

EDIT: Sorry i just found another page that kinda answered my question but not really, thats why i wanted to just flat out ask it in this post.

B-main
2009.07.11, 02:17 AM
LM has a wider gear diff motor sits lower in mount .wide wheels in the fr and rear.i thank thats it .but im prob wrong

herman
2009.07.11, 02:17 AM
greetings and welcome to the forums...

will try to help anwering some of your questions...

what is the difference from buying a 2.4GHz chassis alone and buying a 02LM Kit? Besides it coming with a body?
hmm... guess you've pretty much answered that one... hehe...
to my knowledge, kyosho first came out with the 2.4ghz cars as mr02lm ready set or kits... which includes the porsche 962 or mazda 787 body...

kyosho then followed this by selling the 2.4ghz chassis only kits in the following variants mr02, mr015 and ma010

so the only difference from the mr02 / mr015 and ma-011 chassis only kits and the mr02lm ready set/kits, is that the mr02lm ready kit already has the body...

other things to note are that the mr02lm ready kit has parts exclusively for lm bodies... i.e. front & rear rims with matching tires, also the knuckles (haven't tried mr02lm knuckles with mr02/mr015 bodies, but i suspect they might do... somebody will have to confirm this though)... mr02lm bodies are 102mm, and i suspect that you can use 98mm bodies with the mr02lm motor mount, but will have to modify the top shock (if i remember it right, kyosho made a special part for the 98mm setting to work, or you may opt to take it out all together...) oh and the rear gear diff shaft is a bit longer...

is the 2.4GHz MR-02 chassis that is for sale alone the same chassis that comes with the 2.4GHz MR-02LM kit?
nope... the mr02 chassis has the rm (rear mount) motor pod and can accomodate mr02 bodies with 90mm, 94mm chassis setting... don't remember if it comes with the mm (mid mount) motor pod, but if it does, you can run additional mr02 bodies that use 98mm chassis setting ... the mr02lm comes with the lm (low mount) motor pod and the bodies that use this chassis setting (102mm) are lm bodies such as the porsche 962 and mazda 787...

And the LM kit is supposed to be the better of the two I read?

well not really...

And also will all the bodies that fit on the normal MR-02 chassis fit the LM too? Or do only the Le Mans bodies fit the LM chassis?
nope, the lm bodies are designed for the lm chassis... lm chassis settings are too long for some of the mr02 bodies... although you might be able to use some 98mm bodies, with some modification/s as mentioned above... :D hope this helps...

Condell
2009.07.11, 01:21 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, especially herman =P.

I guess I'm just gonna really start having to blow money on these and try to get an AWD and a MR-02. Aaaand eventually an 015 and 02LM and see if i can feel a difference driving them all and see which one might be better for me and just goof around with the rest =).

herman
2009.07.12, 11:19 AM
no prob... if you plan to get into racing, i would suggest to try an mr02... either a rm or mm... they're a little easier to get set up and dialed in... compared to say the awd...

try to visit a nearby track to see what the other guys are using...

good luck... :D

Timmig
2009.08.11, 12:32 AM
Well the 2.4 LM cars I bought had a friction dampener already mounted on them-- I considered that a big upgrade for handling. We were able to get the stone stock cars handling great by just changing to PN tires and adding silcone oil to the dampener plate. Now the cars a ballistic without any other mods!!
T

wildthing
2009.11.18, 04:08 PM
.... mr02lm bodies are 102mm, and i suspect that you can use 98mm bodies with the mr02lm motor mount, but will have to modify the top shock (if i remember it right, kyosho made a special part for the 98mm setting to work, or you may opt to take it out all together...)

... the lm bodies are designed for the lm chassis... lm chassis settings are too long for some of the mr02 bodies... although you might be able to use some 98mm bodies, with some modification/s as mentioned above... :D hope this helps...

Not to hack the TS thread... I have this Porshe LM chassis that I want to convert to 98mm (from the stock 102) so that it will fit a Saleen S7 body.

my main dilema was the part D (part of the top shock) will not fit right to make it 98mm.

is this part be "swappable" with the regular MR02 part?
BTW I resolved the "wider" track width by changing the tires of the stock LM with a regular tire set.