PDA

View Full Version : replaceing asf board

B-main
2009.07.22, 01:24 AM
so im replaceing asf board. im a soso newbe is there any tricks or tips i need to know to make the job easyer.is it more or less plug and play

Traveler
2009.07.22, 04:51 AM
I've converted about 3 AM MR-02s to ASF and found it easy to do. Just make a note of how the servo wires run along the inside of the chassis because you want to put the new board in just like the old one was.

If you are switching from AM, then you'll need the ASF chassis cover or you will need to modify the AM cover for the antenna and the ICS port.

If you have good visual skills and attention to detail, should be a piece of cake.

mleemor60
2009.07.22, 06:49 AM
Chris, the whole Myrtle Beach group is fluent in ASF. I'm sure you won't have any trouble.

bermbuster
2009.07.22, 07:04 AM
so im replaceing asf board. im a soso newbe is there any tricks or tips i need to know to make the job easyer.is it more or less plug and play

How is the condition of the chassis and small parts???

Now could be a good time to swap out worn parts (stripped holes, etc)
If you are using front end parts from PN it is easier to trim an un assembled chassis.

You want to laydown a clean towel for when you start taking things apart.

The steering assembly(servo & gear rack) come out as one assembly. You have one screw (servo motor plate) securing the assembly in place. Remove it and it all lifts out....if you force it you may have parts everywhere....slow and steady....make note of the wires and there path (previous post)
note how the steering pot goes 2 holes/pins....

next is the on off switch one screw and it only goes on oneway.

when assembling the top plate dont forget to thread the antenna wire....
make sure the servo wires are inside the case and do not get sandwiched by the top plate....

Its not hard to do....just dont rush it and dont force anything.....

hrdrvr
2009.07.22, 09:28 AM
spakey - These guys are giving you some good tips. If you cant get it figured out, just dont force anything like berm says. You know Ill help you out if you need it.

Also, dont throw the old board away. I had an epifany (spelling?) lasty night, and think I know what could be wrong with it. For that matter, if you havent bought a new one yet, you should rbing it by, and let me have another look at it.

If youve got a magnifying glass, and some time, drop me a PM and Ill try and explain what you need to look for. :D

kryten
2009.07.22, 09:59 AM
If you check the FAQ's i believe in the mini-z manuals post there is a guide for a chassis change(same thing) Here it is (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32033)

B-main
2009.07.22, 10:08 AM
if i cant figure it out ill just take it to hrdrvr hes my local mini z guru.and track operator