PDA

View Full Version : New MR-03!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Old Crow
2009.08.01, 11:17 AM
Anyone know about this? Found this picture, with no real explanation.

Jorge_Jayena
2009.08.01, 11:45 AM
Other posible pic:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8875/minizmr03s.jpg (http://img67.imageshack.us/i/minizmr03s.jpg/)

Jorge_Jayena
2009.08.01, 12:01 PM
It´s a Sauber Mercedes C9 1989 LM, Other two:

[URL=http://img399.imageshack.us/i/mr03lmsaubermercedes02.jpg/]http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2814/mr03lmsaubermercedes02.jpg
[URL=http://img399.imageshack.us/i/mr03lmsaubermercedes01.jpg/]http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1327/mr03lmsaubermercedes01.jpg

EMU
2009.08.01, 12:29 PM
I am guessing that it might have better weight distribution for 102mm... I want to see a chassis shot... That Sauber is SWEEET!!!

ianc
2009.08.01, 04:15 PM
It does look sweet; looks alot like a 962. That wing would have to go though.

Also interested in the chassis. What's the scoop? MR-03 indeed...

ianc

color01
2009.08.01, 05:51 PM
I wonder if the servo design will change, if this is legitimately a new chassis? I'd like to see how they package the chassis innards together this time around.

arch2b
2009.08.01, 05:58 PM
while exciting to possibly get a new chassis i'm also miffed at the idea of spending more money as i already have an sp f1 to pick up :p

pedrocamp
2009.08.01, 07:47 PM
Love that body! Does Kyosho offer Cash For Clunkers?

okoye
2009.08.01, 09:56 PM
lmao bro i wish ida gotten hella money for mine

HaCo
2009.08.02, 03:40 AM
Great body!!!

Why not put a LiPo inside like dNano for MR03?

pfcparts
2009.08.02, 07:03 PM
Wheels look super nice.

It would make sense for them to design something
to work with the lipo stuff they have out and to
reuse excess components or whatnot.

As is, looks like a plain LM from what we see at
the rear. Front end knuckles aren't flush so it
doesn't look like they widened the front.

Though the front silver bearing shafts look
interesting...

Probably missprinted 03 instead of 02?

parts

herman
2009.08.02, 10:04 PM
great find...
great body... :D
wonder what the chassis will be like... can anybody give us a spy pic? along with the big scoop???
i can't wait... :D

HaCo
2009.08.03, 01:24 AM
Kyosho.de started to put a MR-03 section on their website, but this site also added P/N with body's!
http://www.cmc-versand.de/suchliste.html?suche=MR-03

So narrow as well as wide body's could fit this chassis. Must be LiPo inside :)

UVE
2009.08.03, 02:32 AM
hope it use brushless motor

B-main
2009.08.03, 02:53 AM
umm so were can i preorder one

herman
2009.08.03, 09:46 AM
hope it use brushless motor

So narrow as well as wide body's could fit this chassis. Must be LiPo inside

hmmm... all speculations... but i like the thought though... :D:D:D:D

benmlee
2009.08.03, 11:56 PM
Found a bigger picture online:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5dGU_fiKwK8/Si-Ss_9ZqSI/AAAAAAAAAfM/9ogQNt6aqJE/s1600-h/MR-03-LM_sauber_mercedes_02.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5dGU_fiKwK8/Si-SsnvWKlI/AAAAAAAAAfE/zr4RM7T5S1g/s1600-h/MR-03-LM_sauber_mercedes_01.jpg

My prediction is it will use lipo since pretty much all rc cars have gone to lipo. With smaller battery size they could change chassis layout around for better handling. The current 4 batteries take up quite a bit of space, there is only so much variation you can do to fit all the pieces in.
Seeing the details on the body, second guess is the new car will use specific fitting kits like on Dnano so each car will be an exact scale rather than fudge scale. That would make mini-z more unique.

lithium
2009.08.04, 12:16 AM
http://red.ap.teacup.com/duka2009/img/1249214929.jpg

CristianTabush
2009.08.04, 12:30 AM
Looks like just a different front end...

herman
2009.08.04, 01:37 AM
thanks for the pic lithium...
but if ct didn't point out that the front end was different, i would'nt have known...
what else is different... ah what suspense... man this is killing me...

bobbyz
2009.08.04, 01:53 AM
maybe it's a type of mini-sport chassis, kind of like the tamiya 1/10 m-chassis for the cooper and suzuki swift. i say this because it looks kind of short in length. just speculation

ruf
2009.08.04, 02:21 AM
I don't think the chassis is short. That's just the angle of the page/rolled up a little.

New front end may be for performance, but I think it's more like the Tamiya IFS front end in that it's probably designed for clearance with lower profile bodies.

imxlr8ed
2009.08.04, 04:19 AM
Ok... speculation...

Maybe they did shorten the chassis and switched to shorter lipo cells in sync with the shorter 2.4 boards? Or maybe it is just a page bend... :o

I just wish Kyosho would have a little more friendliness to at least inform their die-hard customers over here in the states... I'm sure we all spend enough on these cars to at least warrant a heads up thread! We're always finding out about this stuff through posts which guide you to either Asian or European websites.

Just griping... :rolleyes:

Oh... is the steering linkage on the underside now?... maybe I'm just seeing things. I don't see any tower bars either? Hmmmm... hope we can just flip our alloy steering knuckles over.

Fovea3d
2009.08.04, 08:52 AM
I don't see any king pin/spring/arm. Could that mean some sort of double A suspension stock? :cool:

soulstice
2009.08.04, 09:02 AM
I'm going to assume this is a standard length chassis, probably 98mm as shown in the pics due to the wheels(enzo) and the motor mount.

The main things I see that are different is:
- the large antenna on top (2.4??)
- new battery clips (lightened perhaps)
- low profile front end (to accept some of the dnano equivalent bodies we haven't seen yet)
- steering clip attached on top deck(probably to accomodate the low profile front end)

rocketman
2009.08.04, 11:59 AM
So how do we get a copy of RC Magazine 09 from Yaesu publishing into the right hands to get the real scoop.

okoye
2009.08.04, 12:04 PM
the main chassis looks alot lower. so maybe the cg is alot lower?

hrdrvr
2009.08.04, 01:17 PM
I agree with CT. The front end looks different, everythig else is typical.

The antenna isnt real big. You can see it doesnt even make it to the top of the page. Its the same size as the current ASF antenna as far as I can tell.

The page bend does make the car look shorter, but you can obviosly tell the page is curved, and part of it is hidden. Thats what makes the battery clips look different too. Once you take into consideration the page bend, they look just like whats currently on MR02s.

Some one pointed out that it looks like the tie rod is on the bottom. Maybe the knuckles are more like the F1 knuckles, which would create a bit more space (tucking the spring inside). Sorry Ed, but I dont think the current MR knuckles would work well upside down. The spring doesnt work if its under the knuckle, lol....and all the cambered knuckles would be camered the wrong way. :D

HaCo
2009.08.04, 01:59 PM
Try to rework the pic... :)

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1066/mr03edited.jpg

pfcparts
2009.08.04, 02:15 PM
Is the plastic all black?

Man maybe they should have called it 02b lol. :D

Looks like the link is on the bottom similar to
F1s.

Probably running shortened f1 knuckles. If
that is the case, not much incentive to
upgrade from the 02 with all the stuff out
(and coming out) for it... You'd need a
hobby grade micro servo or crazy cool
suspension to warrant that.

They are not rtr? You'd think the production
costs would have evened out by now to offer
a cheap rtr set to get more people interested...

parts

Draconious
2009.08.04, 02:45 PM
It is likely a new front end so they can release bodies like this... not the one I was looking for but it is close... I was looking for the car that is basically a street legal F1.

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/uploads/1198180234/gallery_205_625_64578.jpg

EMU
2009.08.04, 04:06 PM
http://collaverglas.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/caparo_t1.jpg

Davey G
2009.08.04, 04:12 PM

Siamese twin drivers not included. ;)

imxlr8ed
2009.08.04, 04:23 PM
Sorry Ed, but I dont think the current MR knuckles would work well upside down. The spring doesnt work if its under the knuckle, lol....and all the cambered knuckles would be camered the wrong way. :D

Good point... but the way my cars have been running lately, probably wouldn't notice the extra camber!

So... where does this leave all the new front end goodies that came out in the past year? Sounds like some revisions are in order.

Here's a reverse trike F1... amazing what you can build with some motorcycle parts and a welder:

B-main
2009.08.04, 04:24 PM

wonder if it has a ashtray

davisdavis
2009.08.05, 02:41 AM
from this photo, you can see a few things,

1) the front ends uses a x-mod like suspension system
2) the interior of the servo has moved forward to make room for the batteries
3) the battereis have moved inward a bit to allow narrower bodies
4) the body clip attachment "hinge" is straight compare to mr02

http://bbs.rc-evo.com/attachments/day_090805/09080514540d80892b70842c28.jpg photo from bbs.rc-evo.com

color01
2009.08.05, 04:42 AM
Dynamic strut front suspension! Looks suspiciously like a design I've got on my hard drive. :) When the 03 comes out I'll be sure to buy some front end parts for "research and development" -- this could easily become a more economical strut-type front end to fit to the MRCG series of cars. ;)

mleemor60
2009.08.05, 06:16 AM
What do you suppose is plugged into the ICS port? It appears to have three wires. Steering servo? The wires disappear into that part of the chassis. I want some.

hrdrvr
2009.08.05, 07:27 AM
^ I want one too :D That is a great pic! Thanks for sharing it davis! Hopefully more will start popping up around the net and make their way over here. I really miss having Tim around to share the full stories with us :(

I would guess that ICS cable is going to the steering servo, but I would also take the notion that this is a prototype, and those wires will more than likely be direct soldered to the board in the production model.

I wonder what width the front end is. It looks like the chassis is narrowed (with the board directly over the batteries), so I wonder if they narrowed the front back to 015 width. I hope if the do, there is an 02 width version as well.

My next speculation is the handling characteristics this will bring. The narrow CG of the 015s are making them very competetive with a proper set up in stock class. This set up will have a much narrower, but slightly higher CG compared to the 02. Compared to the 015, this should be close to the same width, but should have a considerable advantage with a lower CG.

I hope a release date comes around soon :D

MikeL
2009.08.05, 07:41 AM
I wonder why it's on narrow tires all around. I really like the front end, double a-arms is overkill for these.

Knacki
2009.08.05, 08:09 AM
I wonder why it's on narrow tires all around. I really like the front end, double a-arms is overkill for these.

Mini-Cooper Setup ;)

http://bbs.rc-evo.com/viewthread.php?tid=138970&extra=page%3D1&page=2

Ed Roberts
2009.08.05, 10:12 AM
I like the front end and the batteries being closer to center but the motor is way to high. I hoping Kyosho design the motor to be more CG, if not maybe the after market motor pods would fit already. If they don't fit, I know companies would come out with one but then you have to wait even longer. I just don't see the car that good with the motor so high.

MikeL
2009.08.05, 10:14 AM
I like the front end and the batteries being closer to center but the motor is way to high. I hoping Kyosho design the motor to be more CG, if not maybe the after market motor pods would fit already. If they don't fit, I know companies would come out with one but then you have to wait even longer. I just don't see the car that good with the motor so high.

They have those mounts now, and they all get thrown in the garbage ;)

HaCo
2009.08.05, 10:18 AM
I hope we don't have to use super offset wheel in the front again, so maybe two front end versions?

Looking good anyway... :)

CristianTabush
2009.08.05, 10:35 AM
It is not a good angle to be able to tell if the chassis is narrower, but it looks like to me with reference points, like the width of the chassis is not any different. Due to the H-Plate mounting system, the chassis is as narrow as is possible to construct already.

The front end looks to be 02 width. The advantage with this front end is that it is so low profile that now, you can run far more inset wheels, which will allow for the front end to be used with a much broader range of bodies without the need to convert it to 015 width.

With that said, don't count on there being 2 front ends for it. If you want to run a wide front end, you'll need wide offset wheels. it would be to expensive to do it otherwise. It sure would be nice if they would incorporate 2 different mounting positions so that a wide front would be possible, but that is just wishful thinking.

CristianTabush
2009.08.05, 10:37 AM
BTW, how about the cantilever suspension and how the springs are mounted on board a-la M18. :o

HaCo
2009.08.05, 10:58 AM
Hmm, the rear end is narrow because of the narrow wheels. The front end looks as wide as the rear, so I still think it is a narrow front end. I have those mini wheel here right in front of me and they look the exact same model as on the pic (the bearing looks as much inserted).

On the other hand on the first pic they have mounted enzo wheels and I don't think the exist in wide offset version. Would the make a new mould for wheels for an old body? So there I think it is a wide version.

But of course, nothing but assumptions. Come On Kyosho, show us some official info please!!!

MikeL
2009.08.05, 11:20 AM
With that said, don't count on there being 2 front ends for it. If you want to run a wide front end, you'll need wide offset wheels. it would be to expensive to do it otherwise. It sure would be nice if they would incorporate 2 different mounting positions so that a wide front would be possible, but that is just wishful thinking.

Without seeing the bottom, I would speculate that it can be done with a lower tower bar like we use now, and custom longer arms up top.
Getting offsets in the big - #s would make these more TC like than ever.

yasuji
2009.08.05, 11:59 AM
hopefully th mounting holes @ the front of the top cover is the same as the o2
:confused:

imxlr8ed
2009.08.05, 12:16 PM
Battery clips are different, smaller forward hanger. I do like the M18 setup up front but I'd be curious to see how sturdy it is. It might be possible to still use PN's new A-arm front ends, but it would obviously require a newly designed knuckle. Chassis looks no narrower to me either. I wonder if the ICS is plugged to a Kyosho transponder>?... it does look to me like something is under the front body clip. Or maybe they are going to gear it towards an off-road skid plate type thingy.

Cherub1m
2009.08.05, 12:16 PM

Ed PN makes a 90mm mid mount motor mount and it works great.

They have those mounts now, and they all get thrown in the garbage ;)

Hey MikeL, you didn't like the PN 90mm motor mount? I have one and its great better CG and I dont have to deal with RM anymore when running 90mm.

This MR03 looks interesting, the pics with the mini cooper rims looks like they made it MR015 front width. CT I hope your right that kyosho may have made the MR03 front end; MR02 width, because the new front end design would definitely allow for narrower offset (less then -1 offset). It would definitely be more cost effective, one 2wd chassis that is able to fit all the ASC bodies and of course that would mean DC of 02 or 015. September will be there before we know it. :D

I wonder if camber and caster will be easily changed like the new PN front end. And of course...durability... is it September yet...:D

hrdrvr
2009.08.05, 12:24 PM
It is not a good angle to be able to tell if the chassis is narrower, but it looks like to me with reference points, like the width of the chassis is not any different. Due to the H-Plate mounting system, the chassis is as narrow as is possible to construct already.

There is much to specualte on, so Ill try and only touch the one that actually looks formidable :D

If you look at the body mounting points in the sides of the car, they are configured differently than the MR02 ones (albiet very slightly different). If you look close the outside battery would end up flush, or just inside the slot where the body cllip snaps in. On the 02, the bottom battery actually sticks out past this point, and there is an extra piece of plastic protruding out to compensate. This 03 pic doesnt have that, nor are the terminals sticking out past those slots. This leads me to belive that the battereis are moved inward to create that extra space.

There are some other wierd quirks that make the PCB look like its sitting a little taller (up-stretched battery clips?, elongated anlge on front of PCB cover, etc..) to make extra room for the batts underneath. The angle of the photo, and the lack of documentation bring these right back down to theaory and guesses though. The battery vs mounting slots are pretty clear in the piucs....to me atleast.

Your H-Plate comment worries me, as I dont see a good solution to this problem. I am confident tha Kyosho is a lot better at me concerning RC related design problems, and I hope theyve got it figured out :D

The front end looks to be 02 width. The advantage with this front end is that it is so low profile that now, you can run far more inset wheels, which will allow for the front end to be used with a much broader range of bodies without the need to convert it to 015 width.

Could the mini Cooper on stock wheels fit on an 02 without the 015 conversion bars? Im with HaCo on the point that it looks like the front and rear track looks the same width in the pic. It will be interesting to know how this portion of the car ends up :D I would think they could afford to do two seperate front ends. Especially if it eliminates the need for two seperate chassis (02 and 015). This could be the end for the 015.......

MikeL
2009.08.05, 12:26 PM
Hey MikeL, you didn't like the PN 90mm motor mount? I have one and its great better CG and I dont have to deal with RM anymore when running 90mm.

Never ran a 90mm, 02's are twitchy enough for me. :) if I did I'd use the new PN mount, it makes sense.

herman
2009.08.05, 12:31 PM
davis... thanks for the pretty cool pic...

here's my theory... i'm thinking that there will be two arms that will be available for the chassis... one will allow for a 02 front track width and the other will allow for a 015 front track width... also hoping that this will be included in the ready set or chassis...

the motor mount in the pic davis provided is a high mount (with mini cooper rims), whereas the first picture posted (with enzo wheels) is a mm...

so i figure with this chassis you can switch to 015 to 02 just by changing the front arms... just my theory though.... :D

ianc
2009.08.05, 12:35 PM
Don't sweat the HM mount and narrow rear track, it's probably just something they had lying around to put on the new chassis, as with the oil shock. It's only a prototype...

ianc

Cherub1m
2009.08.05, 12:36 PM
Could the mini Cooper on stock wheels fit on an 02 without the 015 conversion bars?

Nope, I tried it, does not fit (even with -1 off set narrow rims) you got to have the 015 conversion bars.

Never ran a 90mm, 02's are twitchy enough for me. :) if I did I'd use the new PN mount, it makes sense.

Yeah they are twichy :D

so i figure with this chassis you can switch to 015 to 02 just by changing the front arms... just my theory though.... :D

That would be nice :D

herman
2009.08.05, 12:38 PM
dang can't edit...

so i figure with this chassis you can switch to 015 to 02 or vice versa, just by changing the front arms... just my theory though.... :D

imxlr8ed
2009.08.05, 01:06 PM
dang can't edit...

so i figure with this chassis you can switch to 015 to 02 or vice versa, just by changing the front arms... just my theory though.... :D

Sounds like a winner there... makes sense.

HaCo
2009.08.05, 01:14 PM
That indeed would be super-duper awesome :D

arch2b
2009.08.05, 02:03 PM
while a welcomed revision, isn't this just a more simpler version of an mr-02 with pn a arm setup? (width differences aside). it looks awfully similar to an xmod however it's been a very long time since i've even seen a picture of one of those chassis much less held one.

Fovea3d
2009.08.05, 02:06 PM
The wires going to the front are for a gyro to me.
I have one on my Dnano, same color red-white-black. Probably optional.
http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/gyro.jpg

arch2b
2009.08.05, 02:08 PM
Battery clips are different, smaller forward hanger. I do like the M18 setup up front but I'd be curious to see how sturdy it is. It might be possible to still use PN's new A-arm front ends, but it would obviously require a newly designed knuckle. Chassis looks no narrower to me either. I wonder if the ICS is plugged to a Kyosho transponder>?... it does look to me like something is under the front body clip. Or maybe they are going to gear it towards an off-road skid plate type thingy.

what you see under the front end is likely the ics transponder. it's just a screw on plastic plate with the standard kyosho transponder adheared to it. it's already for sale.

arch2b
2009.08.05, 02:11 PM

of all the guess's, i'd say that is the best bet. i'm sure they are trying to bring dnano technology into mini-z field.

Cherub1m
2009.08.05, 02:16 PM
dang can't edit...

Hmm... just thinking about it to be able to change from 015 to 02 or vice versa the lower arm should be removable or be a double a-arm suspension. If its only an upper a-arm suspension like the xmod then the lower arm would be a limiting factor for the width change. In that case they would need to have two different chassis.

I agree with arch2b, but it would be nice to have a gyro on the Miniz's :D

pfcparts
2009.08.05, 02:20 PM
Wow.

I don't remember first gen xmods having ball links...:p

Looks like the batteries are now flat on the bottom...

I think the wires lead to a gyro. That slot above in
the front is just enough space for one.

As for lengths, swapping out arms seems to be a
good guess as that would allow for the use of current
wheels K offers.

Doesn't look like there is enough space for a hg
micro servo and those lumps look like the lumps for
servo gears... :( Not sure where the servo motor
would be but if it is under the (gyro?) board between
batts that would seem possible.

Any news on the release date?

Wonder how this will affect stuff coming out for the
02 now or if there is a new f1 or ma 02 around the
corner...

parts

imxlr8ed
2009.08.05, 05:43 PM
while a welcomed revision, isn't this just a more simpler version of an mr-02 with pn a arm setup? (width differences aside). it looks awfully similar to an xmod however it's been a very long time since i've even seen a picture of one of those chassis much less held one.

I think the Xmods were a single upper A-arm with the chassis mimicking a lower... the lower screw for the knuckle slid up and down like some kind of cheesy kingpin. So... hopefully this is a true A-arm setup.

Great... traction control for Minizs, now which controller do I have to get to operate that!?!? (j/k) It sure is cool to watch these cars evolve the way they do though... what's next on these?... GPS navigation? :rolleyes:

herman
2009.08.05, 09:47 PM
Any news on the release date?

from the link that knacki gave...
http://bbs.rc-evo.com/viewthread.php...age%3D1&page=2

can't read chinese, but i deduce that release date is... september 2009???? :D

wonder if somebody can confirm this... :confused:

Knacki
2009.08.05, 09:56 PM
from the link that knacki gave...
http://bbs.rc-evo.com/viewthread.php...age%3D1&page=2

can't read chinese, but i deduce that release date is... september 2009???? :D

wonder if somebody can confirm this... :confused:

Could be also the release date of the RCmagazine which will have an article about the MR-03??

Knacki
2009.08.05, 09:59 PM
No edit :(
http://www.yaesu-net.co.jp/rcm/
I guess the pictures, or maybe just the first picture could be from this magazine.

Kyosho isn't that fast. I guess earliest before Christmas

rocketman
2009.08.05, 10:11 PM
Spent lots of time on the magazine publishers web site, it is their September issue. Have sent an email to see if there is any more info on the story. RCCA has the same thing for Hot Items in their mags. Will share if I get any more info. Too bad we can't get somebody in Japan to get us a complete copy of the story if it is more than the two page spread.

herman
2009.08.06, 01:52 AM
don't know if anybody noticed the asf ex-5 ur ... is this new?
http://www.yaesu-net.co.jp/rcm/image/top0909_9L.jpg

okoye
2009.08.06, 12:30 PM
did they ever make a black rx7 fc?

bobbyz
2009.08.06, 01:21 PM
herman,
i did notice the ex5-ur on that page, and hopefully there will be a mini-z/dnano compatable unit as the picture would lead one to assume. I saw the the ex5-ur became available this last week or so with two 2.4ghz receivers for around $195, and was hoping a mini-z version would come along soon. it would be great if this was the new readyset controller for the mr-03, but probably unlikely.

HaCo
2009.08.06, 02:53 PM
I asked KO Propo USA, this is the reply I got:
Hannu,

The EX-5 UR is not compatible with the Mini-Z ASF system.

Regards,

Robert Morris
KO PROPO America
info@kopropo.com
Tel: 310.532.9355

CristianTabush
2009.08.06, 03:45 PM
The one in the Photo is the all-new Mini-Z Version. The regular version has red lettering and does not read KYOSHO on it... It is a Japanese Domestic Market only transmitter, much like the AD version of the same transmitter was. Don't count on it coming State side. The market is not big enough...

ruf
2009.08.06, 04:45 PM
Chassis looks narrower to me. Look where the rear body clips are. They are flush to the edge of the outer battery, whereas on the MR-02, they are slightly inboard. The front end does indeed look MR-02 width. Weight bias might be a little farther forward due to the servo motor.

I would guess that the 3 wires are connected to a dNano gyro, hence the exposed? solder joints.

ruf
2009.08.06, 04:49 PM
Sorry... Obviously didn't read the last 2 pages before I replied...

lithium
2009.08.10, 08:35 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9118/dfdfm.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9341/o0584035710230224680.jpg

MikeL
2009.08.10, 09:07 AM
hmm, maybe I don't want this to come to america, then I'll have to start a new collection of t-plates!

marc
2009.08.10, 09:31 AM
Confused as most of the pictures wouldn't load up. Look's to me like it's a skinner 02, while not being a 15. Would like better pic's or something.

HaCo
2009.08.10, 10:03 AM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4278/o0591034710230225063.jpg
http://ameblo.jp/kyoshoblog/

It's actually everything what I've wished for... :D

marc
2009.08.10, 10:41 AM
Under their Dnano line-up, I followed a link to their Dnano shop and noticed what look's like an aluminum carrying case? But as I can't read the text, I don't know what it all carries. Can anybody find a translation for it and info on that case?

chad508
2009.08.10, 11:27 AM
from the pic it looks like it does not have true independent front suspension. thats a bummer. although im sure someone will sell one for it down the road.

chad508
2009.08.10, 11:29 AM
also just noticed the tie rod is not enclosed it just cups the knuckle pins. that could be a problem

herman
2009.08.10, 11:45 AM
hmm... looks like my theory was right... different parts for wide and narrow front track widths... in the picture there's a w... which may indicate a wide front track width...

servo saver assembly is a bit blurred (intentionally???) looks like a brushless motor...

CristianTabush
2009.08.10, 01:50 PM
from the pic it looks like it does not have true independent front suspension. thats a bummer. although im sure someone will sell one for it down the road.

Independent means that each wheel is sprung independent. A stock 02 has independent front suspension. What you mean is double A-Arm front suspension. It does not look as it does, but it does have an increasing camber front end, which is what matters most. This front end is more similar to how a Dynamic Strut front end is on most 1/10th and 1/12th scale cars, except with inboard springs, probably due to space constriction.

All in all, the changes are nice, and should make the car perform much better. I second what Herman says in which it looks like the front end is going to come in different widths. I wouldn't count on a WTF width version, but if they did, it would be awesome. This does allow for the possibility of a widened front end to WTF width though to be made though.

pfcparts
2009.08.10, 01:56 PM
Silver pins...

herm looks like you were correct.

-----

So the batteries are flat now.

They solved it by using a smaller motor (looks
like a hobby grade diamond servo motor!) and
centering it. Those wide holes are for easy
removal of the batteries and make the
chassis lighter. :)

With that change in motor, I wonder if a
revision for the awd is closer than we think.

parts

sower
2009.08.10, 03:00 PM
Maybe this has been covered since I'm jumping in a bit late - anybody know of a release date?

marc
2009.08.10, 03:32 PM
Independent means that each wheel is sprung independent. A stock 02 has independent front suspension. What you mean is double A-Arm front suspension. It does not look as it does, but it does have an increasing camber front end, which is what matters most. This front end is more similar to how a Dynamic Strut front end is on most 1/10th and 1/12th scale cars, except with inboard springs, probably due to space constriction.

All in all, the changes are nice, and should make the car perform much better. I second what Herman says in which it looks like the front end is going to come in different widths. I wouldn't count on a WTF width version, but if they did, it would be awesome. This does allow for the possibility of a widened front end to WTF width though to be made though.

With what you said about the camber, I wonder if this will make adjusting camber easier? Or if an aftermarket kit will make it easier. Like maybe some sort of turn-buckle design so you just tighten it one way, or loosen it another way to adjust camber? Hmmmmmmmm.

benmlee
2009.08.10, 10:51 PM
Can't wait until tomorrow's installment of the mystery chassis.
The bottom arms seems to be stationary, but if they are stationary, you would expect the king pin to protrude under the bottom arm like on the pan cars or X-Mods.

color01
2009.08.10, 11:05 PM
It could be a ball-ended kingpin, so the knuckle slides up the kingpin but the ball end of the kingpin is lodged in the bottom stationary arms. Wouldn't be a bad idea, I don't think it would be too susceptible to dust.

CristianTabush
2009.08.11, 12:05 AM
Good point Ben! I am pretty sure that bottom arm is going to have a hinge point. It looks on one side like it is fixed, but on the left side (from bottom) it looks like it could hinge.

benmlee
2009.08.11, 01:21 AM
color01:
The knuckle may slides on kingpin, but then you need some freeplay above the upper a-arm ball. Looks from previous pictures there is no freeplay there.
Christian:
Still not quite convinced is a double a-arm. Hard to imagine the bottom arm has a pivot. Guess is possible. There is also a screw where the pivot wants to be. Maybe the bottom cover is used as a down stop.

Here my running commentary for the chassis on the web page as the story unfolds :)
http://mini-z-guide.com/design.htm

imxlr8ed
2009.08.11, 01:28 AM
Looks like a dual A-arm to me... seems like there's a lower hinge pin visible on the lower side of the pic. Open ended tie rods or am I just seeing things?... interesting no doubt. Smart to switch over to a new servo motor like that too.

Uhhhhboy... more money to spend! :rolleyes: And from what I've been hearing lately, this isn't the only new innovation coming down the pike. Lot's of new tech stuff all over the place... this scale gets crazier every year! :cool:

lithium
2009.08.11, 07:00 AM
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/images/090807_top_bigbunner.jpg.jpg

herman
2009.08.11, 08:20 PM
great teaser... wish kyosho could spill the beans already...

transrashon prease.... :D

byebye
2009.08.11, 11:43 PM
Man I'm really looking forward to this one. Kind of glad I've held out for a bit. Looks like I'm going to start moving all my AM stuff and possibly all MR-02's.

Kris

Felix2010
2009.08.12, 01:11 AM
great teaser... wish kyosho could spill the beans already...

transrashon prease.... :D
lol!:D

Cool advertisement, "Premium 03".

Awaiting more details.....:)

HaCo
2009.08.14, 09:31 AM
Way too silent in this topic...
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/543/mr032bminiz2b4.jpg
:D:D:D

More:
http://www.slotracersleuven.be/minizblog/article.php?story=20090814161637339

chad508
2009.08.14, 09:55 AM
well from the looks of the link it does come with wide and narrow front ends. sweet.

Ed Roberts
2009.08.14, 10:25 AM
It looks like to me that the motor pod is the same as the LM 102mm but with the new t-plate, it's at 98mm. This might be a good thing, all the after market pods will work just need to wait for the companies to make the t-plates. Time for these companies to get to work, LOL.

marc
2009.08.14, 10:57 AM
I can see PN revising their latest A-Arm suspension they had for the MR02 and incorporating that into this model.

Cherub1m
2009.08.14, 11:30 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9118/dfdfm.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9341/o0584035710230224680.jpg

From this pic posted by lithium, the servo looks different and the servo motor is much smaller. My two main question are, will we be able to just swap the MR02 board into an MR03 chassis? and the servo on the MR02 looks so different then the MR03, I doubt if the 02 servo set up will be a perfect swap to the MR03 chassis. if that is the case, will we be able to buy the servo (motor and gears) separately?

I may convert some of my MR02 to MR03 if it is possible.

mleemor60
2009.08.14, 11:48 AM
From this pic posted by lithium, the servo looks different and the servo motor is much smaller. My two main question are, will we be able to just swap the MR02 board into an MR03 chassis? and the servo on the MR02 looks so different then the MR03, I doubt if the 02 servo set up will be a perfect swap to the MR03 chassis. if that is the case, will we be able to buy the servo (motor and gears) separately?

I may convert some of my MR02 to MR03 if it is possible.

The photo isn't very clear but the 03 servo motor looks an awful lot like a Dnano motor

HaCo
2009.08.14, 11:54 AM
Yep, it's a coreless DC motor. If you need to buy all the plastics, servomotor and gears you'll probably buy almost as much as a chassis...

ruf
2009.08.14, 01:51 PM
Looks like the ends of the tie rod are NOT "open" as some feared.
Also looks like the newer shots have kingpin space above the upper pivot ball. The lower arm is definitely fixed. I hope the upper pivot ball slides on the kingpin and not some strange slider/stanchion system with the lower pivot ball assembly.

babstar
2009.08.14, 03:03 PM
Looks like it does have 2 ICS-isch ports on top of the chassis!

like the Dnano, I thought.

Cherub1m
2009.08.17, 10:13 AM
Yep, it's a coreless DC motor. If you need to buy all the plastics, servomotor and gears you'll probably buy almost as much as a chassis...

The O2 Chassis without electronic is around $22.95 I hope the 03 chassis is not far from that without electronics. I am guessing just the motor and servo gears will be needed (if the gears are different) (and new T-plates). I hope the current knuckles we run on the 02 will fit the new 03 chassis. The rest looks interchangeable.

I am a little concern with that extra ICS port on the board. That means the board is different (unless its a prototype).

Well, we will see how it handles before I decide to upgrade. The interesting thing is 1/12 scale did the same thing started out with the old school front and then an a-arm style suspension, which worked great, but many pro drivers are saying the old school style 1/12 scale front end is faster once set up correctly.

Cherub1m
2009.08.17, 10:23 AM
Looks like it does have 2 ICS-isch ports on top of the chassis!

like the Dnano, I thought.

Man can't edit :D. But 2 ICS ports I wonder if that is for the gyro:D is that what you think its for babstar?

babstar
2009.08.17, 12:03 PM
No Idea, not even sure there is another one in the pic, just something whitisch on the otherside of the rear spring.

Would a Mini-Z need a gyro?

color01
2009.08.17, 01:43 PM
Would a Mini-Z need a gyro?
RWD drifting, lol...

ruf
2009.08.17, 04:42 PM
Well, we will see how it handles before I decide to upgrade. The interesting thing is 1/12 scale did the same thing started out with the old school front and then an a-arm style suspension, which worked great, but many pro drivers are saying the old school style 1/12 scale front end is faster once set up correctly.I think this was valid a couple years ago. I don't think many pro's still feel the same way now. I could be wrong though.

MikeL
2009.08.17, 07:38 PM
I think this was valid a couple years ago. I don't think many pro's still feel the same way now. I could be wrong though.
They are also running foam tires on carpet, I think that even though principals are the same, we do things a certain way in miniz to compensate for it's unique characteristics.

Cherub1m
2009.08.17, 08:07 PM
I think this was valid a couple years ago. I don't think many pro's still feel the same way now. I could be wrong though.

They are also running foam tires on carpet, I think that even though principals are the same, we do things a certain way in miniz to compensate for it's unique characteristics.

Well, I just hope this 03 does not mean the end of the 02. I hope Kyosho continues to make the 02 (I got to many 02's, can't convert them all :D)

wcrotty
2009.08.19, 03:24 PM

Joe,

You are correct, most 12th scale pros are using a dynamic strut front end like the Team Associated one. The old school front end doesn't cut it any more. But it MAY come back because they are now running 3.7 volt and 17.5 brushless for stock. I don't think it will.

I'm not a huge fan of the new 03 front end. But we will see.

marc
2009.08.19, 04:36 PM
We can't judge the 03 based on look's. We'll have to see how it performs on track.

herman
2009.08.20, 12:05 AM
my take is that this chassis was made so that anybody can use the full range of autoscale bodies (mr015/02)... :D kinda like a one chassis fits all kinda thing... :D i think it's a pretty good move...

since they were coming out with a new chassis, i figure that they would improve the electronics as well...

finally, i also like the idea that kyosho's coming out with this... hopefully this year - mini-z's 10th anniversary... just guessing though... :D

so... anybody know when they'll be formally launched?

benmlee
2009.08.20, 01:12 PM
Hopfully they will give an option to remove the reverse delay on ASF. After they fire the person who came up with that "feature". Just kidding :)

JuniorWKR
2009.08.20, 01:34 PM
if you purchase or know someone with a ko handheld programmer you can remove the delay by narrowing the neutral band... and by also setting the motor frequency on low...

marc
2009.08.20, 02:11 PM
After figuring it out, I've never really had issues with the delayed reverse.
I wonder what the aftermarket/Kyosho upgrades will be like for this car. I'm aiming for the AWD chassis for this racing season, but will probably look into one of these as well. I hope the narrow bodies fit this better than the AWD. I noticed a lot of bodies did not fit the AWD as well that should have. Example, Mini-Power's Pug 206 didn't fit right, and the Toyota Altezza didn't fit right either. My Altezza's have always been lopsided on the AWD chassis.
AM I right to assume that this is replacing the MR15, or replacing both MR15 and MR02?

CristianTabush
2009.08.21, 01:42 AM
Per Kyosho, this car is going to be a race car. The 02 is not being discontinued... It is going to be expensive, priced close to the Dnano. It will be a car for the die-hards, period. o_o

herman
2009.08.21, 03:11 AM
It is going to be expensive, priced close to the Dnano.

oh cr@p.... :eek: :rolleyes:

if that's the case, i guess i will have to wait a bit more longer for someone to get the goods and make a cut throat review if it is indeed worth it's weight... just don't think i'll be seeing myself getting one right away if it costs too much...

any news on release date?

byebye
2009.08.21, 05:59 AM
Per Kyosho, this car is going to be a race car. The 02 is not being discontinued... It is going to be expensive, priced close to the Dnano. It will be a car for the die-hards, period. o_o

I think we need to do a comparo of bringing the MR-02 to the same spec as an MR-03 and look at what can and cannot be done. For instance, the timing tag, the body compatibility, A-arm suspension.

With the cost being a decision factor would it be better to just upgrade using the aftermarket vs. purchasing a whole new chassis? This was a no brainer when moving from MR-01 to MR-02 but the MR-03's design makes a tougher decision.(and please note eveyone I purposely did not bring up capability, lets save that for when we know the true capability of the MR-03).

Kris

arch2b
2009.08.22, 09:32 AM
the timing tag si a simple screw on plastic board for the transponder. it appears to be the same one used for the ma-010, mr-015 and mr-02. it's a universal peice so to speak.

Skv012a
2009.08.22, 04:25 PM
Haven't seen good pix last I checked this topic- gotta admit, they finally did it! Both narrow and wide layouts with optimal weight distribution. Maybe NOW I can work on racing KPG again!

Skv012a
2009.08.22, 04:27 PM
oh cr@p.... :eek: :rolleyes:

if that's the case, i guess i will have to wait a bit more longer for someone to get the goods and make a cut throat review if it is indeed worth it's weight... just don't think i'll be seeing myself getting one right away if it costs too much...

any news on release date?

I'll assume chassis-only, 2.4ghz. @ Dnano price thats.... 140$? 10$ more than current line of 2.4 chassis sets.

EMU
2009.08.22, 04:36 PM
I would think more along the lines of $150-170 for a TX-less car.

Skv012a
2009.08.22, 04:45 PM
Even then, given its 02+15 in one package save literally 1 minute of changing 2 parts, it seems totally worth it.

lithium
2009.08.23, 04:34 AM
http://www.rctech.com.tw/rctnews/attachments/200908/7733806191.jpg

http://www.rctech.com.tw/rctnews/attachments/200908/8885681715.jpg://

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/977/radiokt18blanche.jpg

lithium
2009.08.23, 04:37 AM
http://www.rctech.com.tw/rctnews/attachments/200908/8885681715.jpg

CristianTabush
2009.08.23, 10:31 AM
I would think more along the lines of $150-170 for a TX-less car.

More like $200.00-$240.00

byebye
2009.08.23, 10:59 AM

Waaaaaaaaaa?:confused::eek:

Do you think it has everything it needs out the box to perform at the top? Not including tires of course. I think it would need a disk damper and some spring tuning.

Kris

briankstan
2009.08.23, 11:04 AM

wow, that's a lot. if the performance is there, I'll have to consider it though.

arch2b
2009.08.23, 01:05 PM
ouch. honestly think they are exceeding the price point for reasonable return on investment. they are going to be quickly reaching the point where they are pricing themselves out of this scale and easily out of this economy.

it's a bit early to jump to conclusions without official info but i don't see this as a positive thing.

CristianTabush
2009.08.23, 01:13 PM
Again, this is just what I hear through the grapevine. As stated, this is not a "replacement" for the MR-02, just a more race-oriented car from Kyosho.

For example: It will only come in 2.4GHz.

Also if you consider that if you take an 02, and add a double A-arm suspension from PN, you are already at $210.00, so the price is very comparable, plus it will have extra features like Gyro capabilities.

In no way are they pricing themselves out of the economy, they are just merely offering a higher performance car for the die hards out there, this comes at a slightly higher cost. And will they sell? OF COURSE!

arch2b
2009.08.23, 01:30 PM
sure it will sell, no one is disputing that. there is a huge difference however between selling out (success of mr-02 sales when introduced) vs. trickle sales. you'll end up with sales similar to dnano in my opinion which are positive but slow and maybe steady but it's hard to tell when the average hobby town usa isn't very forthcoming in posting sales figures.

you'll see these at the various pn/atmoic regionals for sure. i don't have high hopes for local hobby shops stocking these in any real qnty, atleast in my region. most don't do mini-z (kyosho issues) or only carry a few to at least say they do but i don't want to get into hobby shop support for mini-z's as it's not a friendly experience in my region and i could go on and on about it but not really the point with this discussion. besides, i have shops like reflex racing and this one that i can depend on so i don't waste time/energy dealing with local hobby shops for the most part.

2EZ
2009.08.23, 01:39 PM
CT tell me more about the Gyro and its application to the Mini z if you canThanks

color01
2009.08.23, 02:37 PM
$200 isn't an unexpected price -- with the exchange rates as they are right now plus the novelty charge that Kyosho can claim for simply having a small niche car (a la dNano pricing), I'm pretty sure they'll still sell very well with the more well-off Mini-Z fans, as well as larger scale racers looking for 1/12-like indoor fun who won't buy dNanos. And Kyosho'll make a sound profit off of it, which IMO is a safer strategy right now vs. attempting to collect a large customer base.

I can't wait to get some measurements on that front end, though... ;)

Skv012a
2009.08.23, 03:38 PM
Also if you consider that if you take an 02, and add a double A-arm suspension from PN, you are already at $210.00, so the price is very comparable, plus it will have extra features like Gyro capabilities.

Sadly paying $80 for aluminum piece or just plastic that may snap after a few good hits is hardly the same, but thats just my mini-rant.

mk2kompressor
2009.08.23, 04:08 PM
looks like the board layout is different,check out the hole for the pairing switch

http://www.rctech.com.tw/rctnews/attachments/200908/7733806191.jpg

i doubt you will be able to use an older (even current 2.4) board in this chassis.

pedrocamp
2009.08.23, 06:06 PM
I tried a gyro in a dNaNo and while it did keep the car tracking straight when shooting up the store ailes I felt it was fighting me on the little HobbyTown 3P track, making the car less responsive. I imagine you would get the same effect on the Z.

marc
2009.08.23, 07:26 PM
After I get my AWD, I think I'll look into the MR03 instead of getting another MR02. I like thing's that are new and different and this certainly fit's that bill. I'm all for it as it show's Kyosho's continuing interest in US, US as in we Mini-Z racing fan's.

arch2b
2009.08.23, 07:28 PM
the additional ports is an improvement we've been asking for, for some time. gyro or not, it allows for some good mods like hacking other transponders to plug into the port vs. hardwiring them for example.

Cherub1m
2009.08.23, 09:36 PM

That is good news.

Skv012a
2009.08.23, 10:58 PM
the additional ports is an improvement we've been asking for, for some time. gyro or not, it allows for some good mods like hacking other transponders to plug into the port vs. hardwiring them for example.

Good point arch. Possibly a convenient plug for lights too if not a transponder.

LED
2009.08.23, 11:43 PM
I tried a gyro in a dNaNo and while it did keep the car tracking straight when shooting up the store ailes I felt it was fighting me on the little HobbyTown 3P track, making the car less responsive. I imagine you would get the same effect on the Z.

Did you try programming the gyro ?
You can adjust how strongly the gyro compensates.

Timmig
2009.08.24, 12:06 AM
Are these available through Kyosho America now???
Tim

pedrocamp
2009.08.24, 06:02 AM
I did not try the compensation adjustment as my dNaNo Enzo felt pretty good with out a gyro. I would think the same gyro unit would be used on the MiniZ, you can get one at a HobbyTown, they're around $40.. once you have an MR03 to connect it to.

2EZ
2009.08.24, 09:23 AM
Is it wired to the reciver or servo or what? just what does it do??

pedrocamp
2009.08.24, 10:39 AM
On the dNaNo it plugs into the board and works similar to a gyro on a helicopter or for an analogy the image stabilization on a camera. I believe it only has control over steering inputs but some one correct me if I am wrong...

marc
2009.08.24, 09:26 PM
The gyro controls steering and throttle and it behaves like the traction-control on your real car. It is not the same kind of gyro that helicopter's use.

ianc
2009.08.24, 11:28 PM
I really don't know about the sales thing myself. Right now, a 2.4 GHz 02 chassis without Tx is what? ~$129 IIRC?

$200-$240 is a BIG jump up from that. And for 'die-hard' racers only? Who does Kyosho think buys their cars right now?

The price comparison with an 02 equipped with the PN double A arm front end isn't really valid either. The PN front end is cast and machined of AL, whereas the stock front end on this car is PLASTIC. A fraction of the price to manufacture. Check out the price difference of delrin camber knuckles vs. AL parts.

I'm not really thinking the gyro is that big of a deal apart from the WOW factor either, as Pedro says. On real cars, turning off the traction control is the first step to a more fun driving experience. Besides, that's another $40 straight on top.

All I can say is that for that kind of premium, the performance difference needs to be HUGE, as in: modded 02's can't keep up with stock 03's. Otherwise, these babies are just not going to sell. Who's going to shell an extra ~$100 for a car that isn't light years ahead?

Time will tell, but I guess in these days of $50 ASC bodies, anything might happen. I'd love to get a look at their sales curves after jacking those prices though...

ianc

LancerEvo
2009.08.24, 11:47 PM
hmm...its kind of ironic that kyosho advertises stuff for "racers" and then they put a gyro in it

Skv012a
2009.08.25, 09:13 AM
Time will tell, but I guess in these days of $50 ASC bodies, anything might happen. I'd love to get a look at their sales curves after jacking those prices though...

ianc

Its fine in the homeland sadly enough. All I'll say is- wait til Kyo America brings them over. Nanos aren't the dreadful $220 they used to be after launch anymore and neither will 03 cost that 250 for too long.

pfcparts
2009.08.25, 05:18 PM
i, good post.

I didn't see them offering it more than 160-170
stateside, but after seeing how much the f1
asf is...

I can't really tell either.

Their sales figures are fine in Japan which is their
preferred market...

Ex. The f1 asfs are pretty much sold out at the
130-140 range they are sold there. Not so much
here as prices I've seen are in the 210-220 range...:eek:

I think other markets are more ancillary and don't matter
as much as their own domestic market, hence all the
special editions and whatnot we would never see or
elsewhere...

I tend to agree with making things more affordable
to bring in more people. Making the base bigger would
add more growth to the scale and of course more profit.

Why would you price everyone else out and your own
current supporters...

Dnanos have gone down in general and should have
never been 250 in the first place. They were only 250
from enterprising scalpers and those foolish enough to
pay them.

parts

mik
2009.08.26, 08:13 AM
Does Anyone Know When It Will Hit The US Market Thanks....

CristianTabush
2009.08.27, 03:17 PM
Kyosho, like many Japanese companies have never focused on outright profitability. It the case of Kyosho, they have NEVER been the cheapest at anything. On the contrary, they have ALWAYS been the most expensive (just look at the Inferno Kanai editions, vs other cars in the market). They focus more on material quality and manufacture as much as is possible in Japan (including the electronics, by KO Propo). This leads the cost to be much higher than other companies out there that are looking to maximize profits and minimize costs.

A while back I talked to a good buddy of mine about this. He is/was a salaried Kyosho Team Driver. He told me that the owner of Kyosho just wanted to win, period. He did not care much about the profitability of the brand because it was a bit of a secondary business to him. Apparently, the owner of Kyosho is a very rich man, that made his money elsewhere. I don't know how much of this is entirely accurate. So in relation to pricing of the 03, they are not as concerned of it curbing demand as much as we may think.

In japan Mini-Z is big because space, in large cities, is at a premium. Therefore Mini-Z provides the perfect solution for racing competitively. The problem over there is that they cannot buy Chinese products. Importing is FAR too expensive, so you are hard-pressed to find any products for the Z's other than their domestic brands (Kyosho, Kawada, QTEQ, Atlas, etc). These parts, as expensive as they are, are still cheaper than importing PN or Atomic parts. Up until recently, there was absolutely no Chinese or American Mini-Z products in Japan.

So enter the limited editions and the MR-03's of the Z' world. To the Japanese consumer (which is by far the largest racing-oriented market) the price hike is not an issue because they are getting a better "box-stock"version of a Z. They will receive a product that is more race-worthy out of the box, at a relatively cheaper price than they would have to pay for importing aftermarket products. Also, the majority of their racing is Kyosho-Cup structured, which means little, if any other products than Kyosho are allowed for competition.

Hence their lack of concern for selling 500 v. 1000 units in the USA (arbitrary numbers). Their end goal is not to grow the Z so much that it cannibalizes their other forms of racing as well. It is just to have a nice little niche, where they can compliment their brand and product line.

Kyosho also manages their demand very well. We are always complaining about how stuff runs out and they should manufacture more. This will never happen, as part of the culture of the 'Z in Japan, is the exclusivity and collect-ability of the products, (i.e. the AutoScale COLLECTION). In order to manage their demand, they play with their pricing and supply of products.

The pricing ESTIMATE I received for the 03, came from somebody at Kyosho America, so it should be pretty accurate. On the plus side think, so far, from what we know, we will receive all kyosho plastic motor mounts, 2 different front ends and perhaps a wheel kit. Plus the electronics will be slightly improved. As much as WE don't use this stuff EVER, their primary market does, and this brings much added value to the car.

Remember, we have ALWAYS received the crumbs over here. Many items never even make it State-side from the Mini-Z line. (white bodies immediately come to mind)

(taken from www.reflexracing.blogspot.com)

CristianTabush
2009.08.27, 03:19 PM
As far as availability, I am told close to the Holiday season would be pretty accurate...

Tjay
2009.08.27, 03:25 PM
CT: Thanks for the info. Learn something new today. :)

lfisminiz
2009.08.27, 06:21 PM
Nice insight and info...Cristian, Thanks!

LARRY

arch2b
2009.08.27, 08:49 PM
thank you for the lesson in mini-z foreign policy :) it really explains it all.

color01
2009.08.27, 09:30 PM
Good points, Cristian, thanks for the insight. :) And may there be much praise to come. :p

leonen
2009.08.27, 09:37 PM
Amazing that no american nor european manufacturer/entrepreneur makes the necessary investment into making a new mini-z....

Really sad the xmods had that lousy radio equipment and that Firelaps/Iwavers had those incredible QA issues.

Is it sooooo hard to have a mini-z cousin/nemesis/etc elsewhere? why is this niche so exclusive after 10 years? and it seems it will be like that for some time.

We've seen a lot of intents.... but none ever were serious enough to make it into real competition.

Incredible...... And Kyosho keeps re-inventing the mini-z over and over.....

Recently I read an interview to the Kyosho Chairman from 2004. There he predicted all the models that came out later (as the mini mini-z, the AWD, boats.......etc. a whole new Mini-Z universe) and he also said the they had plans for the next ten years (until 2014) for the mini-z.......

Skv012a
2009.08.30, 04:00 PM
Amazing that no american nor european manufacturer/entrepreneur makes the necessary investment into making a new mini-z....

Really sad the xmods had that lousy radio equipment and that Firelaps/Iwavers had those incredible QA issues.

Is it sooooo hard to have a mini-z cousin/nemesis/etc elsewhere? why is this niche so exclusive after 10 years? and it seems it will be like that for some time.

We've seen a lot of intents.... but none ever were serious enough to make it into real competition.

Incredible...... And Kyosho keeps re-inventing the mini-z over and over.....

Recently I read an interview to the Kyosho Chairman from 2004. There he predicted all the models that came out later (as the mini mini-z, the AWD, boats.......etc. a whole new Mini-Z universe) and he also said the they had plans for the next ten years (until 2014) for the mini-z.......

Honestly, I'd rather have Zs alone than a flood of crappy rivals. If a rival 1/28 RC will have quality, itll cost as much as a Z and I wouldn't see anyone flocking over to something unknown. If itll cost less, then it'll be just like Xmods and iwavers, so no point in downgrading from Zs.

Also I bet its licensing and aftermarket support at play too- it would be pretty tough for a new company to gain market in kyosho's shadow.

Cherub1m
2009.08.30, 07:40 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have Zs alone than a flood of crappy rivals. If a rival 1/28 RC will have quality, itll cost as much as a Z and I wouldn't see anyone flocking over to something unknown. If itll cost less, then it'll be just like Xmods and iwavers, so no point in downgrading from Zs.

Also I bet its licensing and aftermarket support at play too- it would be pretty tough for a new company to gain market in kyosho's shadow.

Hmm... I think if companies like Associated, Losi, to name a few, decided to make some 1/28th scale cars, I think many would flock to them just because they are Associated and Losi and the competition with Kyosho would probably force some slight reduction of price. Right now the market is very small for Miniz's (it is getting bigger) and Kyosho has almost a monopoly like grip on this scale. I think having some competition is important for any type of business because when businessmen think they have a special product, or something different then anyone, they get overconfident and start pulling prices out of God know where :D. A little competition is needed to curbs that greed :D.

dxm2
2009.08.31, 04:12 AM
Hmm... I think if companies like Associated, Losi, to name a few, decided to make some 1/28th scale cars, I think many would flock to them just because they are Associated and Losi and the competition with Kyosho would probably force some slight reduction of price. Right now the market is very small for Miniz's (it is getting bigger) and Kyosho has almost a monopoly like grip on this scale. I think having some competition is important for any type of business because when businessmen think they have a special product, or something different then anyone, they get overconfident and start pulling prices out of God know where :D. A little competition is needed to curbs that greed :D.

I agree. Kyosho makes a great product, but one of the reasons the aftermarket for Mini-z stuff is so large is because there's more than a little room for improvement. I'd love it if Losi or AE got into this scale. Hopefully they would bring a less proprietary and more modular design. We all end up paying more for our Zs anyway when you add motors, tires, wheels, etc. I'm not worried about price as much as I'm worried about having to rewire a steering pot or change out an all in one circuit board. On my other RCs, I just get new steering servo.....

Back on topic, from what I've seen so far, the new MR03 is Evolution, not Revolution, and like the AWD, Kyosho only came out with this because another company, in this case PN, came out with a better handling front end.

arch2b
2009.08.31, 06:09 AM
i doubt the mr-03 is in response to the pn a arm setup, unless pn has been working on it for a long time. there is no way they could have developed, prototyped and setup production for a new chassis in a matter of months. the a arm set has not been out that long, however we do not know how long ago pn started thier development, prototyping, etc. if it was a year or so ago, then it could be possible. anyone out west know how long the a arm set started vs. when it was sold retail?

leonen
2009.08.31, 06:37 AM

Sky....not always cheaper means bad quality. There are a lot of huge RC companies our there, that could come out with a new mini-z with more or so the same quality as kyosho or perhaps even better. I read a few days ago that Tamiya could come into 1:28 again (they had an attempt in the 80's). Who knows what could from that?

The new 03 is EVOlution... right. And it goes in a nice direction. I have doubts of out-performing a mr02..... but who knows? It has potential, but being so skinny..... mmmmm we'll se and judge it after we get some track time with it.

I sincerely doubt that Kyosho does things as this just to follow aftermarkets producers.... I have No doubt it sees the market and follows the same road as the market goes....

MikeL
2009.08.31, 08:27 AM
i doubt the mr-03 is in response to the pn a arm setup, unless pn has been working on it for a long time. there is no way they could have developed, prototyped and setup production for a new chassis in a matter of months. the a arm set has not been out that long, however we do not know how long ago pn started thier development, prototyping, etc. if it was a year or so ago, then it could be possible. anyone out west know how long the a arm set started vs. when it was sold retail?

I agree, PN parts aren't a threat to kyosho's business, if antyhing it helps them sell more cars.

dxm2
2009.08.31, 10:39 AM
I didn't mean to infer that PN was a threat to Kyosho. My main point is that without competition, Kyosho has less reason to be innovative. I too, look forward to seeing how the new car performs and I'm certainly going to get one of those Mercedes bodies!

MikeL
2009.08.31, 12:07 PM
I didn't mean to infer that PN was a threat to Kyosho. My main point is that without competition, Kyosho has less reason to be innovative. I too, look forward to seeing how the new car performs and I'm certainly going to get one of those Mercedes bodies!

I guess thats true, but they seem to be doing a good job moving forward with technology without any direct competition in my opinion. I think they saw a big resurgence with the 2.4 stuff, and its cool to see that they continue to fine tune the chassis, when these things work right, its really surprising how well they drive.

VAzRACER
2009.08.31, 04:30 PM

Philip showed us some drawings at the PN regional in PA Sept. 2008, that was almost a year ago. I dont know how far along he was with testing and prototypes but he at least had detailed renderings of the a-arm set. Even then I would doubt that they have any connection, but I could be wrong.

Skv012a
2009.08.31, 04:36 PM

Keep in mind that Kyosho pumps out chassis, bodies, electronics, etc and companies like PN mostly supply miscellaneous upgrades- there's not enough for the two to really compete against each other.

dahlis
2009.09.02, 07:25 AM
Pictures

http://rc-hk.com/forum/frame.php?frameon=yes&referer=http%3A//rc-hk.com/forum/redirect.php%3Ftid%3D1276%26goto%3Dlastpost%26sid% 3DgDgfem

lithium
2009.09.02, 04:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/Sp6zYsN3m6I/AAAAAAAACKU/Q7RDJauyzzE/s400/Mini-z+Mr-03+Kyosho+2.JPG

Skv012a
2009.09.02, 04:42 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/Sp6zYsN3m6I/AAAAAAAACKU/Q7RDJauyzzE/s400/Mini-z+Mr-03+Kyosho+2.JPG

Nice! Looks a lil more complicated than our current ones, but not by a mile. Wonder when the board pix will surface...

yasuji
2009.09.02, 10:27 PM
DAMN.....HOLY GEARS..................:confused:

EMU
2009.09.02, 10:55 PM
Guess they had to add gears with the smaller servo motor...

dahlis
2009.09.03, 12:34 AM
Changing the tie rod looks a bit hard compared to mr 02.

EMU
2009.09.03, 12:46 AM
Looks like you will probably have to remove the bottom plate on the front to change it...

Skv012a
2009.09.03, 12:47 AM
Changing the tie rod looks a bit hard compared to mr 02.

It looks like its bottom-fed like MA, I wouldn't worry about something like this. Kyosho guys weren't idiots thus far ;)

JeremyC
2009.09.03, 12:53 AM
It looks like the 'firewall' has increased in size. This could help to keep debris from contaminating the gears via any openings on the board side.

The number of gears and general complexity does look to have increased though.

dahlis
2009.09.03, 02:53 AM
It looks like its bottom-fed like MA, I wouldn't worry about something like this. Kyosho guys weren't idiots thus far ;)

I´m not worried but simpliciti is the key too success.
I think the best way would be a separate servo and replaced the tie rod with balljoints and turnbuckles for easy adjustments and minimize the loose fit.

lithium
2009.09.03, 09:18 AM
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3439/sanda220090902172723.jpg

CristianTabush
2009.09.03, 09:18 AM
I´m not worried but simpliciti is the key too success.
I think the best way would be a separate servo and replaced the tie rod with balljoints and turnbuckles for easy adjustments and minimize the loose fit.

Never going to happen. The design and simplicity of Mini-Z is in part, due to the electronics modularity. The majority of end users never open up a car. It is much easier to use the set-up we have right now. Have you ever tried to re-build or repair a "regular servo? It is just as complicated, if not more, plus it has many design limitations on a chassis. Kyosho said "I want the car to be like this..." Instead of saying "I have a stand alone servo so the car has to be like that..."

JuniorWKR
2009.09.03, 01:55 PM
just a question... do you think we will get to a point where the cars are gonna be to easy to drive... to where it might get boring... when i first started the biggest part of the competition was seeing who can get the car to handle... now with this pn aarm front, ko's handheld programmer and side dampners my cars are the easiest thing in the world to drive... almost like being on auto-pilot... as are alot of the cars at our lhs... i run with the some of the fastest guys in the world... i.e. Dave Grabowski and Mike Haynes just to name a few and they will run the maximum laps that the track will alllow... right now its 60-61... and im at 58-59... as is most of the guys in the shop as 2nd through 7th is usually decided between seconds...

now with this mr-03 and it possibly having a gyro... i just dont know if its gonna be fun after a while... dont get me wrong... if this 03 does what we all think its gonna do it will definitly be worth the money but as soon as everyone gets one we will be back to the same playing field again just with everyone doing more laps... maybe this is my opinion because i like to tinker with the cars and come up with new ideas... but even now that my cars are dialed to our club racing amain standards.... there is nothing left to tinker with which takes some of that initial excitment out that i used to have each time i took my car to the next level...

chad508
2009.09.03, 02:23 PM
i hear what you say. dont get me wrong i am no where near that level of racing but i can see where it would seem to get boring. one thing i've found is going from track to track are even layout to layout my car never acts the same. when we ran the south east pn regional in myrtle beach i was running 51-52 laps. with the same car i could only get 41-42 in nj at the north east regional. i fought like mad to get my car to hook up and never did. so i feel the cars may get easier to drive but the tracks may not. exspecialy if you have a track builder like we do, he like to do some wild stuff that keeps you on your toes.

bobbyz
2009.09.04, 12:17 AM
looks like Kyosho Japan has their MR-03 dedicated page up.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/fun/special/miniz_mr03/index.html

ChiefGreenLeaf
2009.09.04, 12:58 AM
Sweet a 911 GT1.

Skv012a
2009.09.04, 01:05 AM
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=118628

Servo assy looks the same and the board is same size, so transplating new servo shouldn't be a problem really.

http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=118627

Not to mention a ready set w/ this BABE!

http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=118663

I think I'm sold for 200$ guys (Y18,375).

And new servo motor looks kinda dinky, so lets hope its not gonna perform worse:

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/extra_img/car/32700/32700_free02.jpg

herman
2009.09.04, 04:17 AM
see thru body... yesss....
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/hmc_jr/kyosho%20mini-z/11.jpg

option parts (top cover)...
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/hmc_jr/kyosho%20mini-z/10.jpg

and new bodies coming out as well...
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/hmc_jr/kyosho%20mini-z/porsche.jpg
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=118517

mugler
2009.09.04, 04:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmFvosliVnI

herman
2009.09.04, 04:23 AM
probably the gyro that you've been all talking about...
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=118642
rough translation through google....
"Mounting the unit with optional steering gyro / servo throttle and automatic correction, and run more easily supported. あらかじめ搭載スペースを設けているので、すっきりとした装着が可能。 I have established a pre-built space, clean and can be installed."

and the front suspension...
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/extra_img/car/32700/vcs_system.gif

herman
2009.09.04, 04:27 AM
MR-03 Steering servo action

that's some servo action... :D

herman
2009.09.04, 04:40 AM
bigger look at the board...
looks like easier fet stacking...
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/hmc_jr/kyosho%20mini-z/05.jpg

and front end
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/hmc_jr/kyosho%20mini-z/06.jpg

herman
2009.09.04, 04:56 AM
hmmm... pricewise i guess it's looking to be a pretty good deal

chassis with body

mr02 lm asf 17,325yen approx 186usd
mr03 asf 18,375yen (as Skv012a mentioned) approx 197usd
an eleven dollar difference

chassis only
mr02 asf 13,650yen approx 147usd
mr03 asf 14,700yen approx 158usd
likewise an eleven dollar difference...

seems kinda reasonable... :D

Skv012a
2009.09.04, 07:06 AM
hmmm... pricewise i guess it's looking to be a pretty good deal

chassis with body

mr02 lm asf 17,325yen approx 186usd
mr03 asf 18,375yen (as Skv012a mentioned) approx 197usd
an eleven dollar difference

chassis only
mr02 asf 13,650yen approx 147usd
mr03 asf 14,700yen approx 158usd
likewise an eleven dollar difference...

seems kinda reasonable... :D

I called it way back- wouldn't be too much more expensive :D Either way, gooooood stuff. I might just jump the gun vs waiting on Kyo America to bring them over.

arch2b
2009.09.04, 07:31 AM
guys, prices here are going to be higher... these are imported and u.s. retailers are going to need to make thier cut on it as well. i'm hoping not as high as cristian suggests but obviously more then the jpn market value.

having seen all this info, i'm sold :)

THIS (http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/fun/special/miniz_mr03/chassis_guide.html) page does a good job of showing the benifit of the chassis in relation to autoscale collection use.

Skv012a
2009.09.04, 09:02 AM
guys, prices here are going to be higher... these are imported and u.s. retailers are going to need to make thier cut on it as well. i'm hoping not as high as cristian suggests but obviously more then the jpn market value.

having seen all this info, i'm sold :)

THIS (http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/fun/special/miniz_mr03/chassis_guide.html) page does a good job of showing the benifit of the chassis in relation to autoscale collection use.

Then we should try our best to get these as directly as possible. 1999.co.jp nor hlj spank on any markup and I'll hope they'll be carrying 03s sometime soon after release.

dxm2
2009.09.04, 10:12 AM
Ok..........now I'm convinced. Kyosho made some great improvements and I am certanly going to get one of these when possible. I hope they make white bodies of the new ASC. That Porsche 911GT is too cool.

arch2b
2009.09.04, 11:18 AM
Then we should try our best to get these as directly as possible. 1999.co.jp nor hlj spank on any markup and I'll hope they'll be carrying 03s sometime soon after release.

i'm sure plenty of people will. i'll wait a couple months to benifit from having a warranty. assuming the same issue remains as it does for the dnano.

paul_england
2009.09.04, 03:35 PM
you can see most on this site
source http://www.rceasy.com/2009/09/05/kyosho-new-mini-z-mr-03-chassis/

dno how tht new servo will perform compared to the current one

arch2b
2009.09.04, 03:59 PM
you can see most on this site
source http://www.rceasy.com/2009/09/05/kyosho-new-mini-z-mr-03-chassis/

those are reposts of all the images on the kyosho website.

Traveler
2009.09.04, 05:46 PM
The new 911 is to die for. And it appears to be 94mm, as the site lists it as RM, although it could be 90mm. Can't wait :D

herman
2009.09.04, 07:09 PM

check out m03 / 02 servo action comparison posted by mugler - its quick, faast & quite sensitive / responsive to small movements

color01
2009.09.04, 07:38 PM
They've got new servo gears in the mechanism now, so I guess they've geared up the servo motor to make the action even faster -- considering the 02 ASF servo action is already faster than a modular digital servo's (yes, I tested this! somewhat impressive/disappointing) the new car should feel downright telepathic.

Front suspension also looks good, although if anyone's got an instruction manual/exploded view I'd love to take a closer peek. With various purposes and plans in mind. ;)

pfcparts
2009.09.04, 08:01 PM
Gyro is optional so tinkering would be just as it is today
I'd think... If anything it evens out the field in having
cheap accessible parts.

If it's anything like the dnano servo (surprisingly robust
for a tiny motor) it should be fine.

911 is one good looking ride.

Saving up... :p

parts

paul_england
2009.09.05, 09:39 PM
What they did with the servo motors is the opposite xmods did, the gen1 had that smaller motor and the evo had the larger one, seems very responsive tho with minimal..., hmm..., jerky-ness :D

ProfoxCG
2009.09.06, 12:50 AM
so when is this going to be available?

Also more important, with this dynamic camber, is the not a need for optional cambered knuckles?

Does anyone know how the front end adjustments will/ or work?

camber, toe, ride height?

The only thing I kind of do not like is that the chassis is ALL black unlike the blue they used to offer.

mk2kompressor
2009.09.06, 05:55 AM
pre-order sites are listing them as available on 24th oct in japan

arch2b
2009.09.06, 06:48 AM
so when is this going to be available?

Also more important, with this dynamic camber, is the not a need for optional cambered knuckles?

Does anyone know how the front end adjustments will/ or work?

camber, toe, ride height?

The only thing I kind of do not like is that the chassis is ALL black unlike the blue they used to offer.

there is an option kit for white top cover. they may offer other colors as they have a handful for the mr-02.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1351/medium/101.jpg

ProfoxCG
2009.09.06, 10:13 AM
white ?... eh.. I guess it will take forever for them to come to the states

B-main
2009.09.06, 10:23 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/&ei=PNGjSojJOeSTtgfSqvn-Dw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dkyosho%2Bjapan%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom. microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en you can get the clear body or the white chassie parts if you pre order then send them proof of purche

pedrocamp
2009.09.06, 11:43 AM
On the MiniZ News Flash Blog, Google translate gave me this:

For a new board

EFT specifications, EET quantity of ASF is the same as the previous board.
Given the current specifications of the battery, we believe that's enough power performance.

Second, it is time to go to the back.
ASF in the current board, that had to wait 0.2 seconds.

This is because it was intended to achieve Ponpingupureki,
Many customers from the "hard-to-back!" That gave a voice.

So, the answer to the voice of the 03 boards will be placed back soon.
I was waiting for exactly 0.01 seconds, unlimited "now" we turned into the specification.

In, or had abandoned pumping brakes?
No, this setting can be changed to wait ICS feature.
So may a minority,
It is also possible to pump the brake specifications.

Following features in terms of the ICS,
MR-03 for software only and will rewrite the program.
You can download it free from the support page Kyosho,
If you have a set of ICS USB adapter to use please click here.

With this new program,
In addition to the features of the past, when using the optional gyro unit,
Steering, you can adjust the level of compensation to the throttle.
(KO found settings for the adapter is made,
Please contact Kondo-like science. )

And
Unit will become the new design of servo
By now coreless servo motors,
Is completely new servo control parameters.

Servo unit gear ratio MR-02 compared with about 3 times.
Resolution (of the servo止Mareru points) is about 1.5 times.

Appeared when the ASF board is
And servo control quickly, but felt that was fine,
Evolution of this servo bars! !

If I understand this right the new board will allow you to change the reverse delay with new software. Anyone make sense of this or can confirm?

Skv012a
2009.09.08, 06:42 PM
^ no idea.

As far as colored chassis/parts, I urge anyone interested to try Testors Pactra polycarbonate paints. Unless you scratch at it, you can deem it as good as dying the part.

byebye
2009.09.08, 07:24 PM
From what it looks like they made the delay shorter but I bet it will take the same effort.

Also something that will be a real advantage is the gyro. While some may not like that feature I think at first it will help novices get around the track more consistently while drivers with experience will get around faster. But it doesn't look like it's included when you buy an MR-03.

Kris

PNracing
2009.09.08, 07:35 PM
Just got the price from Kyosho America, the chassis set MR03 MAP is US180.00, should be arrive next month.

arch2b
2009.09.08, 07:40 PM
how does that shake out with normal retail pricing? is this the min. they require retailers to sell at or just thier SAP? thier sap figures are nuts.

byebye
2009.09.08, 09:27 PM
Just got the price from Kyosho America, the chassis set MR03 MAP is US180.00, should be arrive next month.

MAP is manufacturers price?

That's not bad really. I haven't spent some cash on Z's in a while so I think this my be the next project for me.

Kris

CristianTabush
2009.09.08, 09:28 PM
MAP is minimum advertised price. They cannot be sold any cheaper than that or you loose your rights to distribute...

Skv012a
2009.09.08, 11:23 PM
MAP is minimum advertised price. They cannot be sold any cheaper than that or you loose your rights to distribute...

Thats utter bull**** though: MR02 chassis-only are more expensive overseas than they are here (does Kyo America import Zs or what?), yet 03 is the other way around in the preliminary pricing?! I hope we'll see something like 140-150 tops for chassis and 190-200 for chassis+body sets.

CristianTabush
2009.09.09, 12:42 AM
The pricing is set by Kyosho, not the stores, this is in order to control pricing and protect the brick-and-mortar hobby shops from being undercut by larger mail order retailers who can take advantage of economies of scale.

Believe me when I tell you that 180 is a fair price, based on our cost. This chassis is $40-$50 more than the previous, but also cost the retailers that much more, so the margins for us retailers are actually going down in percentage.

As always, if you find a better deal overseas, feel free to purchase there. You will find that the elevated shipping costs end up bringing the price to a very comparable level. Remember that when Kyosho America imports, they pay the shipping to bring the product here. Along with the Yen exchange rate, the difference in price is just a result of it having to come all the way over here. At least the majority of hop-ups are cheaper here than anywhere else.

On the plus side, you are not getting European prices. Over there they are paying the same nominal value (180) for the chassis, but in Euros...

Pierro
2009.09.09, 03:06 AM
On the plus side, you are not getting European prices. Over there they are paying the same nominal value (180) for the chassis, but in Euros...

Unfortunately true for us...
I hoped to get this new chassis for around 10€ more than the normal ones but the info we are getting seems to point out for 180€ minimum... :s

Ensonic
2009.09.09, 11:46 AM
Just preordered mine in Europe. Let us see and wait...

arch2b
2009.09.09, 11:59 AM

thanks, this is what i thought you meant by MAP. this means your going to see retail cost near or above $200 in online stores and higher at hobby shops. even online shops have to pay to have orders shipped to them, time/labor to process the orders, deliveries, etc.

what if any kyosho rules are there on hobby shops selling online? you rarely see this happen but the current business model almost makes it crazy not to have an online aspect to your business. maybe online sales via hobby shops are required to be funneled through thier rip off shopatron shopping network? i get the feeling there are many forces at play however little is any info can be found or had.

skv, this is the way it's been done since 2000. at least hobby shops aren't being undercut by the distributor as they were during the great planes days. they can at least offer comparable pricing to online stores.

ProfoxCG
2009.09.09, 12:58 PM
I can't wait to get one !

Skv012a
2009.09.09, 01:18 PM
My next sub-question will be, how would 03 fit into HFAY? Good to go right away or not for a while?

CristianTabush
2009.09.09, 01:23 PM
Arch, street price will be 180.00 for chassis and 190.00 for chassis/body set. In the case of Kyosho, they set a price floor so that you don't get cases like what Atomic M..s does with the EX-1UR, where they sell it essentially at cost in order to have loss leaders and bring revenue and business in...

arch2b
2009.09.09, 02:02 PM
cristian,
thanks, thats even better. $20 is $20 and that is some decent money in this economy.

yeah, i was told the same thing re: tx-less chassis sets. odd how they keep the price so low when charging a fortune for autoscales these days.
it's a trade off, cheap autoscale or bunch of accessory parts for flexibility?

CristianTabush
2009.09.09, 02:25 PM
Yup, it's one of those things... This is when you can really tell they are meant to be for the Japanese Domestic Market...

arch2b
2009.09.09, 03:11 PM
My next sub-question will be, how would 03 fit into HFAY? Good to go right away or not for a while?

i've already presented the question to the HFAY gand pubba :) just waiting for the answer.

supafastsupra2
2009.09.09, 07:58 PM
I can't wait to get one !

I already preordered mine :cool:

Skv012a
2009.09.10, 12:21 AM
I already preordered mine :cool:

If overseas, then where exactly?

herman
2009.09.10, 06:13 AM
demolam15 mentions that the mr03 will be out mid september in h.k. no pricing avail yet...

hong kong ad...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28058&d=1252574306

addicted
2009.09.10, 06:20 AM
awesome pictures,
i want the RX7 FD3S (new one), and that RX7 there!

awesome looking scooby as well, might have to get that too haha!

damonlam15
2009.09.11, 03:02 AM
Thanks herman, the more info from japan were here, beside the new chassis design, seems the gyro were added as dnano for mr-03 too...below were the pics, but price were still unknow.

herman
2009.09.11, 03:09 AM
are h.k. shops taking pre-orders? thanks again for additional info...

Old Crow
2009.09.11, 07:34 AM
Any expert opinion on why the H-plates(which look more like T-plates now) are different? Or is it because the chassis is narrower? Would be nice if they were the same, just one less thing to have to go out and buy.

arch2b
2009.09.11, 07:40 AM
a couple pages back you can see the bottom of the chassis and the lack of space due to the new battery arrangement.

Skv012a
2009.09.11, 07:57 AM
Yep- simply no space for the current hplates. At least our motor pods will work just fine, right?

Traveler
2009.09.11, 07:58 AM
Right. A couple of pages back...

arch2b
2009.09.11, 08:43 AM
yes, i believe there was text saying the existing motor pods were compatible with the new t plates. all they changed apparently was the connection point to the chassis which is more narrow and maybe increased the length?

i certainly appreciate this move as they could just as easily made all our equipment obsolete with a new slightly tweaked motor pod. this could have been resolved with 3rd party conversion t plates as has been done in the past (mr-015 [hybrid term forum users coined before kyosho adopted it] in the early days comes to mind)

Skv012a
2009.09.11, 09:30 AM
i certainly appreciate this move as they could just as easily made all our equipment obsolete with a new slightly tweaked motor pod.

Well the knuckles are brand new already, right?

Traveler
2009.09.11, 09:37 AM
Yes, a few pages back...

Traveler
2009.09.11, 09:38 AM
i certainly appreciate this move as they could just as easily made all our equipment obsolete with a new slightly tweaked motor pod.

I second that!

ProfoxCG
2009.09.11, 12:09 PM
Yep- simply no space for the current hplates. At least our motor pods will work just fine, right?

^ thank god!

I guess we will be buying new:

Springs (front)
camber A-Arms
Tie-rods

T-plates

eveything else should be interchangable

davisdavis
2009.09.11, 01:27 PM
are h.k. shops taking pre-orders? thanks again for additional info...

we don't usually pre-order things in hk :p

btw, damonlam and i are spending some hard time setting up a kyosho race legal car for the atomic race, such kind of race was never organized in hk :confused:

Old Crow
2009.09.11, 01:56 PM
a couple pages back you can see the bottom of the chassis and the lack of space due to the new battery arrangement.

I guess I didn't need a expert opinion, just plain sight would have done.

pfcparts
2009.09.11, 06:15 PM
Worried more about durability and how easy it'd
be to tweak those plates...

I haven't heard any preorder offers either from
other sources. They don't even have part numbers
for the hop ups, which might mean they are
released without any initially.

The mini, GTR, and LM bmw should be out by the
end of next month.

911s and co. not until dec...

K's 03 site actually confirms this, which is bad because