PDA

View Full Version : TGR Sinister or Greyscale MRCG 1.1

foremi11
2009.08.03, 03:01 PM
Hello, I am new to the forums and I have been looking into getting a car of this size. I am not new to rc and have been racing many different cars for a couple of years, and I have owned a few Mini Z's and xmods, now I am looking at building a racer for my local track.

Now, my local track is huge, not made for these little cars, it is actually a small 1/10 scale track( :eek: ), so speed may be a big factor but handling is also important.

I am looking at the Sinister and the MRCG 1.1 chassis.

Is either one better than the other? If so why?

Pros and Cons of each?

Also does anyone know that if I can get past the shaft size problem, will the losi 1/36 xcelorin or the Team orion 1/36 motors fit?

Thanks in advance for the help.

B-main
2009.08.03, 03:03 PM
Greyscale all the way .i dont think tgr makes a car any more

foremi11
2009.08.03, 03:05 PM
atomic mods still sells them and parts, atleast it seems like it.

What about parts for the greyscale?

minittrackmann
2009.08.03, 03:13 PM
rckenon.com carries a lot of parts for the 1.1. I have the old MRCG and it is a great chassis with great customer service. I am trying to get rid of my old MRCG. Listed in the MArketplace if you wanna take a look. Just wanna focus on my 02's for now..

Cody

foremi11
2009.08.03, 03:20 PM
Thanks, but no thanks, I prefer to buy new and do it all myself.

Can anyone comment on the 1/36 brushless, it seems like it would be one of the fastest options. And on a 1/10th track speed is important.

Also, how is the mrcg better? Does it handle better? I REALLY dont like the steering setup.

MikeL
2009.08.03, 05:52 PM
The MRCG seems to be the best supported aftermarket chassis, with PN making and selling the parts. Looking at the 2, the sinister looks like a traditional link 12th scale, where the MRCG is like the BMI DB12, both styles are very capable, they just provide differences in how you tune them.

foremi11
2009.08.03, 07:37 PM
I think that Im gonna go for the MRCG becsuse of parts support. does an hs-55 servo fit?

Also does anyone have any ideas about the brushless, i have one layin around i got for free and i would like to use it if possible.

MikeL
2009.08.03, 08:09 PM
I think that Im gonna go for the MRCG becsuse of parts support. does an hs-55 servo fit?

Also does anyone have any ideas about the brushless, i have one layin around i got for free and i would like to use it if possible.

Its going to need an adapter plate with wider holes, I think it should be enough power, although I've never seen one in a Z.

foremi11
2009.08.03, 09:00 PM
I was hoping to hear that it is only a matter of holes to mount it.

Thanks to all for the help.

color01
2009.08.04, 02:32 AM
The HS-55 fits as long as you cut off the mounting tabs on the servo casing -- the rest of the servo is only about 23mm wide, so it fits (barely) underneath the stock tierod mount. ;)

Btw I'm the guy behind the MRCG series of cars, so if you ever need anything, just ask me or look for people with "Greyscale Racing" in their signatures. We're all here to help! :)

Here's a LiPo brushless MRCG built by one of our team members -- it's doable with some motors even larger than Xcelorin 1/36 size, but in any case, any brushless motor intended for the Micro-T will be an easy fit in the MRCG's rear pod. Just drill some new holes in the alloy mount and you're good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/beano/DSC07234.jpg

mk2kompressor
2009.08.04, 03:37 AM
ive got both the sinister and mrcg,2 of each in my box and the mrcg always comes out to play first;)
you will need to convert the micro t motor shaft to fit the mini z pinions but it is possible or if you like challenge try and find the razr awd motor as the shaft is the right size

foremi11
2009.08.04, 12:24 PM
The HS-55 fits as long as you cut off the mounting tabs on the servo casing -- the rest of the servo is only about 23mm wide, so it fits (barely) underneath the stock tierod mount. ;)

Btw I'm the guy behind the MRCG series of cars, so if you ever need anything, just ask me or look for people with "Greyscale Racing" in their signatures. We're all here to help! :)

Here's a LiPo brushless MRCG built by one of our team members -- it's doable with some motors even larger than Xcelorin 1/36 size, but in any case, any brushless motor intended for the Micro-T will be an easy fit in the MRCG's rear pod. Just drill some new holes in the alloy mount and you're good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/beano/DSC07234.jpg

Thanks, and I will keep this in mind, though it may be a week or two before I make a purchase.

ive got both the sinister and mrcg,2 of each in my box and the mrcg always comes out to play first;)
you will need to convert the micro t motor shaft to fit the mini z pinions but it is possible or if you like challenge try and find the razr awd motor as the shaft is the right size

Yeah, this was one of the first things I found out when researching before I made a post, I have a few ideas, hopefully one will be reliable.

foremi11
2009.08.04, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know if the MRCG uses the stock width for the kingpins?

color01
2009.08.04, 01:46 PM
If you mean stock as in MR-02 width, then yes. :) The car uses the same offsets as you would on a stock MR-02.

foremi11
2009.08.04, 02:00 PM
Cool, I was thinking maybe the PN double arm suspension would fit, but I don't want to try it for 80 dollars.

And I don't want to go too big too fast.

B-main
2009.08.04, 04:00 PM
the pn a arm will work http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31910 daveyg has it on his mrcg

foremi11
2009.08.04, 04:31 PM
Thanks Spakey, though I might not do the double arm suspension because it nearly (not quite) doubles the price of the car.