PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Diablo

cosmicsoul
2009.08.08, 08:29 PM
So, I think we should or someone should talk to Jim and Vicki about hosting a Saturday race.

With a little tweaking of the track room I think we could make the track just a bit bigger and gain some Pit space.

Maybe we could sacrafice a night of Thursday racing or have a mandatory Saturday workday to complete the project.

Some one could line up some sponsors for some free door prizes, tires, bearings, T Plates, wheels nuts, an autoscale or two. Just some basics, everyones a winner with free door prizes.

If we charged lets say a $50.00 entry fee for as many classes as you can run Stock, Lemans, F-1, and Mod? If we had 20 entries that would be a thousand bucks. The shop could pocket half not bad! The other half could go towards gift certificates to Highspeed for the 1, 2, 3 maybe even fourth place finishers of the A and B main. May be even a prize for the best sport of the day.

This way everyone would have a shot at winning some of there entry fee back, for the shop it would be win, win because they the prize winnings would be spent at the shop.

Depending on how many classes we ran this could be a 2 dayer or a long all dayer.

Well just me rambling, if anything maybe this will get some discusion going.

Jay

chad508
2009.08.08, 09:43 PM
well i cant help with the planning are setup(due to location) but you can count me in for sure to race. and im sure i can get a few others from myrtle beach up that way.

pick
2009.08.09, 09:30 AM
Jay,

I spoke with Vicki Thursday night and she said they are willing to sponsor the race. I recommended a Friday afternoon/night setup with some test and tune afterwards. We could do an all day event on Saturday and either tear down after or on Sunday after church. I've already volunteered my help for the setup and tear down. For convenience to HSH and everyone helping, I think it would be better to do all events in one day if possible. Most people can get away from normal responsibilities for one day easily, two days may be a stretch for some. For those traveling to race, they could still run on both Friday after setup and all day Saturday. The biggest concern is the lack of pit space for racers. If we have between 30-40 racers, things will definitely be tight. We all need to get together and look at the amount of space available at HSH. However, Vicki said they would be willing to sponsor an event at a different location too. I personally think it would be much more beneficial to HSH to have it at HSH. We've just got to figure out a layout :cool:. Also, a $50 entry may be a little steep.

James

P.S. I'll bring the disco ball for the Friday night DANCE OFF :eek:!!

pedrocamp
2009.08.09, 11:57 AM
Count me in of course...
I think it would be best to hold it at HSH too. We would definately be short of pit space but I think we could squeeze in. I would think the consignment table up front and a few other areas could be cleared.

B-main
2009.08.09, 06:52 PM
ive got the green light from my ole lady .im in

kwsmith29
2009.08.10, 10:54 AM
You guys know I'm in. I might be able to secure a location also. I'll check on it today. But, I do agree with James it would be best to have it at the hobby shop.

chad508
2009.08.10, 12:35 PM
i noticed Jay did not mention a pan class. do you guys not run that class much? i would like to run that as well if possible. just a thought.

hrdrvr
2009.08.10, 01:02 PM
Last time I ran with those guys pan cars are only allowed in mod. Touring cars only in stock, so no LM bodies either.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.10, 08:06 PM
We have been running an LM class Lemans bodies only, we may run a Pan Mod class you could run anything in as long as it is a Pan body, ASC or GT stock class and open F-1.

Let me mention that I am not the leader or organizer of this event by any means. It is a group effort, so I vote for Pedro to post some rules and classes.

I guess we need a date as well. And if Vicki has agreed to host at Highspeed we should probably start working on logistics of pit space.

The wall at the left side of the track room can accomodate 8 to nine people, if we move the bottom shelves up we can push those tables all the way to the wall. If we replicated the formentioned on the back wall adjacent the left wall we could buy 8 to 9 more spots. If we pushed nine tables to the right against the fuel shelves and moved the rolling racks out of the way temporarly we could probably gain another 8 to nine seats. If we need any more room Pedro mentioned the consignment table in the middle of the store.

With a little work we could have plenty of pit space and increase the size of the track a bit.

I think our racers have enough transponders amongst our selfs to have loners for visitors like Landon has at the MB events.

A 10 dollar per class entry fee would problably be reasonable for an entry fee. I think it would be great for the Hobby shop to make a few dollars for there efforts!

It would be great if we could get some sponsors so we could have door prizes that would be great, if not oh well. :(

I think we could make up some certificates for prizes and that would be sufficient.

So somebody chime in and let's get this thing solidified!!!!!!:)

Who's going to do what and when? Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for the next 2 weeks (Dance recital and business trip) how convienient I know.:rolleyes:

Well the ball is in your court.

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.08.10, 10:25 PM
Dance Recital! You are serious about taking the Disco Prize from James!

I can work out the rules and classes basically starting with what James posted a while back with some additions (LM class) and tweaking. I will post so we can discuss and approve. We need to clarify some of our rules for regular running anyway.

Getting a date that works for the majority will be the biggest hurdle, with kids starting school and extracurriculars etc...

Are there enough AMB's to loan? Depending on turnout this could be a problem since they are so expensive. Does the shop have any?

cosmicsoul
2009.08.10, 11:00 PM
I have four one is soldered to my F-1 and the others are set up to be mounted to the to the battery terminals I cut the O connectors to C connectors so you don't have to completely unscrew the battery connectors to connect them.

I wonder how many transponders we would need to have as loaners to run things.

I wonder how many Landon needed for there races?

Jay

Ed Roberts
2009.08.10, 11:31 PM
I would like to run 2wd mod, mod pan, and maybe stock pan. If no stock pan I would run 2wd stock. Whatever classes you run count me in.

hrdrvr
2009.08.11, 08:13 AM
^ How hard is it to move on of those transponders from car to car? With GiroZ its pretty easy, so all you need to have is enough loaners for one heat. If youve got two heats wirth, itll make it a lot faster when it comes to swapping them out between races.

mleemor60
2009.08.11, 09:03 AM
They would move from car to car the same way that the Giro does. However, the AMB with case removed is probably five times larger than the Giro. With the case on the size difference is even more significant. The AMB units have a couple of different plug configurations which would further complicate the issue. It is very possible to do it though. There are some other options available.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.11, 11:18 AM
What other options are you talking about?
We could use core but no one knows how to run the stinking thing. I can half way use the flipside software but it won't sort the races. I guess we could do that manually.

I could install some JR plugs to 3 of my transponders and make some pigtails. I may have enough parts to make about five. Or we could install some of those giro z male plugs on a few transponders and plug them into the ICS port on the 2.4 cars. I don't think this will work for the F-1's though.

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.08.11, 11:51 AM
I have to agree with Jay about the Core, no one in our area is up to speed on the software to reliably run a race yet. If Vicki will be involved with timing she may not want to switch to an unknown system. The AMB does present some real issues in fitting the bulky transponders to visitors cars and most importantly wiring, since we would have to share our personal transponders with one or more visitors. Polarity and plugs could be a problem to sort out. We would all have to come up with some standard and have the corresponding wiring available for visitors or we would have to choose transponder buddies and make sure they were set with the necessary wiring beforehand.
The benefits off the Giro or Core are clear in this case.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.11, 12:00 PM
I'm in for all classes and looking foward to it.:D
As far a date, look out for October, it is already pretty busy:eek:
And as far as a Friday night dance off, that would be great;)
I'll have pull out the old leisure suit:cool:and lose about 50 lbs:p

pedrocamp
2009.08.11, 12:06 PM
Sept and Oct are pretty busy for me, I will be in MB Oct 10th of course!
What color is the leisure suit?

chad508
2009.08.11, 01:09 PM
daddy rabbit cuttin' a rug, this i gotta see.

Stuck
2009.08.11, 01:17 PM
I will be home for fall break on Oct 21 (Wed) - Oct 26 (Mon). I would definitley come over to help build it, considering dad and I practically live there. Seriously I'm surprised you guys haven't seen our tents in the corner. Eat, Sleep, and Practice. The life of a mini-z racer... haha.

We have 2 AMB transponders in the mail (should be here by this thursday) and I know the store has at least 2.

Sounds like a good idea. I can probably make it home other weekends, but see if Saturday the 24th or Friday the 23rd works for anyone.

-Taylor

cosmicsoul
2009.08.11, 01:32 PM
If anyone with really good soldering skills would be willing to permantly hook the Giroz connections to my transponders we would have four transponder to share with out of towner who probably already have Giro Z pigtails. If any one else who regularly or ocassionally travels to Giro Z land does the same we may have a solution to our delema. I think all but one of my transponders is case less so they are not quite as bulky.

Jay

pick
2009.08.11, 04:45 PM
My soldering skills aren't as good as my dancing skills, but I could take care of that Jay :cool:. I also have 1 extra AMB transponder with pigtail that I could loan for the cause :D. That puts us up to 5 loaners plus whatever HSH has. Another option for powering the transponders is a small 1 cell lipo pack. I've got at least 4 or 5 packs that we could pass around for those that don't have a means for powering the transponders. They are very light and quite small in size. I've ran an external pack for quite some time with no issues, just need a little velcro to hold them. I've also got a portable charger I made for the 1 cell packs that charges in a matter of minutes. However, I've ran one for hours before and have never seen it go dead :eek:.

James

pedrocamp
2009.08.12, 12:31 PM
Below are rules based on Jame's post from a while back, the PN 2009 rules and my understanding of our current rules. All please review and post suggestions and modifications. I added Pan Stock and Pan Mod for inclusions in our larger events, i.e. Diablo, though we no longer run these classes in our regular schedule. I have not mentioned AWD since these chassis are barely raced in our area, we normally just allowed them in with Mod.

SEE POST #30 FOR UPDATED RULES

HIGH SPEED HOBBIES
1/28TH SCALE RACE RULES
(PROPOSED 2009)

Stock
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only.
Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed.
NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86mm – 100 mm.
Kyosho, IWaver or TRP street car based bodies only.
NOT allowed: Le Mans Prototype (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…), PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies.

Motor – Board
Equivalency formula, these combinations are allowed:

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM or 2.4 GHz Kyosho or aftermarket board, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.
ONLY the following motors may be used:
PN 70T, PN Speedy07 Bush and BB, PN Speedy05, Kyosho stock motor or X-Speed. No armature swapping between motor types or rewinding allowed. Magnets as supplied by manufacturer for motor type, no swapping or substitutions.

DOUBLE 3010 STOCK FETs (2 pair 3010 only) on 2.4 GHz Kyosho boards, AM not allowed to run double 3010. External turbo boards not allowed.
PN 70T, PN Speedy07 Bush and BB, PN Speedy05, Kyosho stock motor or X-Speed. No armature swapping between motor types or rewinding allowed. Magnets as supplied by manufacturer for motor type, no swapping or substitutions.

OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70T armature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Boards and motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 175g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed with the following dimensions:
Maximum front width: 8.5 mm. Maximum rear width: 11mm. Maximum diameter: 21 mm front and rear.

Le Mans
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only. Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed. NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbase allowed: 102mm.
Kyosho Le Mans Protoype bodies only (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…). PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies not allowed.

Motor – Board
OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70Tarmature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 185g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Le Mans tires only, all available compounds.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed which fit the Kyosho Le Mans tires. Front specific tires must be run on the front and rear specific on the rear.

Formula 1
Chassis and Body
Only Kyosho plastic F1 chassis allowed.
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Only Kyosho F1 bodies allowed.

Motor – Board
Any brushed 130 sized motor is allowed. Brushless motors not allowed.

Weight
Minimum of 200g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Formula 1 or equivalent aftermarket tires only, all available compounds.
Only plastic or aluminum F1 type wheels allowed.

Pan Stock
Chassis and Body
Any 1/28th scale chassis allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86 -102 mm.
Any 1/28th scale body is allowed.

Motor – Board
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70Tarmature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed

Pan Mod
Chassis and Body

Motor – Board

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.

No traction compounds are allowed on tires or racing surface.

No foam tires are allowed in any class, only rubber tires will be permitted.

Batteries in all classes will be limited to 4 each of AAA Alkaline, NiCad or NiMH. Lipos of any type are not allowed. External batteries will be permitted only to power transponders.

Additional rules as per PN World Championship. Above rules supercede PN rules when in conflict.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.12, 03:02 PM
I like the rules Pedro. The stock rules may be a little complicated for some, but I think they are necessary as so many people getting started in the sport are starting off with RTR single layer AM cars.

Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

I think if we didn't run more than six or seven per heat we could run the whole race with 6 or seven transponders. If we fit six or seven transponders with the Giro-Z female connectorshttp://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2508 we could use the Giro-Z pigtails and share transponders like they do the Myrtle Beach events and PN regionals.

I guess the other important thing to establish is a date. Labor day might be cool, however some people may already have plans with family and friends. October has 2 events already planned in the Mini-z community. This leaves us the rest of August, middle of Sept, and November. Any thoughts any one?

Jay

pick
2009.08.12, 05:07 PM
Thanks for posting all the rules Pedro. I still refuse to vote for you, but the effort is greatly appreciated :p. I think everything is covered and should leave no room for confusion :cool:.

I also agree that the giro-z pigtails would be a good idea for sharing transponders. As for a date, what does everyone think about either 9/5 or 9/26 for the main event. Just a suggestion since most seem to be busy during October :D.

James

chad508
2009.08.12, 05:21 PM
either date is good for me. only thing with the rules i see is a wide range of motor combos for stock class. i would say pic one motor per fet combo. theirs a big difference from stock kyosho motor to th e speedyo5. just my opinion. i'll be there to race either way

forget what i said. this is your event and you should set rules the way you want amongst your group. sorry

pedrocamp
2009.08.13, 12:10 PM
No need to apologize Chad, we are open to suggestions. We included those motors to allow those with existing stock to race. You can buy a Readyset and throw it on the track, no need to change the motor. You will of course not be competitive with simarlarly skilled drivers with the faster Speedy 05-07 motors but we encourage everyone to just get on the track and have some fun. Sometimes running slower is rewarded with consistentcy which is really more important than outright speed. While all the motor board options make it more confusing and harder to police we don't want to obsolete many of the guys cars that have been running here at HSH for a while.

Should the LM class use the stock motor-board formula or remain a 70T motor only class? There also was mention of allowing Lexan prototype bodies in the LM class as long as wheel base was kept at 102mm and the car met minimum weight of 185g. Would this be acceptable?

chad508
2009.08.13, 12:38 PM
thanks pedro i completely understand why you made the rules. like you said a rtr just will not be as fast as a spedyo5. enough said. as far as the lm class if lexan would be allowed would you then allow other asc to be run if the wheelbase stayed 102. i know a few that run the mclaren gtr at 102. maybe call it a 102 call instead of lm

cosmicsoul
2009.08.13, 12:46 PM
Personally I think LM should be LM ASC bodies only I think it adds to the realizm of the class. I think open board 70 turn motor keeps things interesting. JMO though.

I like the idea of keeping things classified by body types.

GT, LM, F-1, Pan Cars and etc.

I am not sure where the lexan bodies would fit in, maybe 1/10 touring cars LOL.

I think it would be cool to do an all Corvette race. All NXS race. Or a race with all Nissans, Lexus, Audis or Mercedes. Or my favorite Mclarens. I am not sure how all these cars are catergorized in real racing I don't think they all run together though? I could be wrong. I honestly don't know about any kind of racing other than Mini-z. I think it would definately be fun to try.

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.08.14, 12:08 PM
Made a couple of revisions after some discussions last night: Removed double 3010 FET 2.4 GHz option in Stock, only single FET AM boards and Open board 70T. This doesn't mean you have to FET unless you feel you absolutly must. Most of our guys are slowly transitioning to the 70T open board (PN Rules)option. I also raised the minimum weights in Stock and LM to 180g and 190g respectively. The 180g Stock weight is in line with Atomic rules and it prevents having to get crazy drilling holes and shaving off side marker lenses...

HIGH SPEED HOBBIES
1/28TH SCALE RACE RULES
(PROPOSED 2009)

Stock
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only.
Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed.
NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86mm – 100 mm.
Kyosho, IWaver or TRP street car based bodies only.
NOT allowed: Le Mans Prototype (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…), PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies.

Motor – Board

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM board, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.

The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70T armature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Boards and motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 180g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed with the following dimensions:
Maximum front width: 8.5 mm. Maximum rear width: 11mm. Maximum diameter: 21 mm front and rear.

Le Mans
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only. Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed. NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
Wheelbase allowed: 102mm.
Kyosho Le Mans Protoype bodies only (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…). PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies not allowed.

Motor – Board

Weight
Minimum of 190g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Le Mans tires only, all available compounds.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed which fit the Kyosho Le Mans tires. Front specific tires must be run on the front and rear specific on the rear.

Formula 1
Chassis and Body
Only Kyosho plastic F1 chassis allowed.
Only Kyosho F1 bodies allowed.

Motor – Board

Weight
Minimum of 200g with batteries.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Formula 1 or equivalent aftermarket tires only, all available compounds.
Only plastic or aluminum F1 type wheels allowed.

Pan Stock
Chassis and Body

Motor – Board

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.

Pan Mod
Chassis and Body

Motor – Board

Weight
Unlimited.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.

No traction compounds are allowed on tires or racing surface.

No foam tires are allowed in any class, only rubber tires will be permitted.

Batteries in all classes will be limited to 4 each of AAA Alkaline, NiCad or NiMH. Lipos of any type are not allowed. External batteries will be permitted only to power transponders.

Additional rules as per PN World Championship. Above rules supercede PN rules when in conflict.

chad508
2009.08.14, 12:45 PM
is the 2.4 board with single layer fets only allowed in open board class?

cosmicsoul
2009.08.14, 03:31 PM
The way I understand the rules is, they are basically the same rules as the PN rules.

The only deviation is that we allow single layer cars to run motors other than 70turns. Speedy 07, 05, and X speeds all can be run in stock if you have a single layer board, no matter what fets as long as it is a single layer. If you had a 2.4 board with a single layer only you could run one of the above mentioned motores.

It seems to me that our fastest guys are turning the same amount of laps with open board 70turns as single layer Speedy 07's. The laptimes may be ever so slightly slower but the number of laps are the same.

The other deviation is of course PN doesn't have an LM class and our F-1 class is open board and motor.

Jay

chad508
2009.08.14, 05:14 PM
Motor – Board

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM board, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.

i just see no mention of 2.4 board in single layer fet cat. thats why i asked

pick
2009.08.14, 09:40 PM
I never knew anybody ran a single layer 2.4 board or that it was possible. Since they come from Kyosho in a double stack 3010 configuration (4 total fets), that would mean you removed fets :confused:? If you did this, and converted it to a true single layer (only 2 fets total) then I suppose you would fall under the same guidelines as any other single layer car. The single layer configuration doesn't apply only to AM cars, but I think you would raise a few eyebrows by removing fets. What I'm saying is, don't get upset if someone (not me) asks to look at the board to verify :eek:.

James

chad508
2009.08.14, 09:52 PM
this is just my stupidity. i never ran am boards only 2.4 so when i think of single layer i assumed it was just stock. i didn't know am had just one fet. i thought of stacking fets as adding them above what cae stok. now i know. thanks for the clarification.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.14, 11:43 PM
You know what they say no question is a stupid one! I am glad to see you chiming in. I haven't met anyone yet that had all the answers, well except Christian. He is probably the most technical Mini-z guy I have met thus far, he's kind of scientific about it.

Me I am mostly not technical. I mostly ask the fast guys alot of stupid questions!

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.08.15, 07:50 AM
If you look back I did have the 2.4 single option listed in the Single FET rule. I removed it in the second posting to simplify things and hopefully prevent too many FET questions from dissuading new guys from racing. If you buy a new 2.4 car do you add a layer and run a 70T or do you remove a set and run a Speedy 07? If I get beat consistently with one package do I have to remove or add FETs? I have been doing FET work for people and it would be good for my Z racing budget but I think it would keep those with a limited pocketbook from racing. If all 2.4 cars go to Open Board it's easy, add a layer of 8858 or 4562 and you are done, cheap and easy. Removing FETs is where I chance ruining a board. Then to go back and triple stack it adds a bit more expense for the board owner. A stock double 3010 car can run pretty competitively with a 70T, with clean driving. Latter a layer can be added quite cheaply.
Allowing a single FET option for 2.4 cars also adds to our tech problem... as James stated he is not going to check FETs, who does? A 70T or Speedy is easy to spot, an extra layer isn't. I think we are slowly transitioning to a PN style Open Board only stock class as people start replacing their AM cars with 2.4 cars. This doesn't prevent an AM car from racing though, as they are allowed in the Open Board-70T option too. I think PN, and alot of clubs, have gone to the Open Board format to ease tech issues and questions... no rule = no cheatin'! In my opinion we should head toward this Open Board - controlled motor format, allowing single FET 2.4 cars only compunds our problem.

pedrocamp
2009.08.15, 07:53 AM
Oh, I think James should check boards 'cause he's got a TAZER!

pick
2009.08.15, 08:18 AM
I think tazing someone that fails to comply with our rules would be a great idea :eek:! But don't forget that I'm already a master of Rex Kwon Do and have recently been training to become a cage fighter..........

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/hollisterlove3/thb6edf13a.gif

There's just nothing quite like a good open hand face slap :cool:. As for the rules, I agree with Pedro. Simpler is most of the time better :D. And with as much as I hate to admit it, we are all gradually moving to the open board / 70T setup. At our track, I think it is the most competitive setup you can run whether beginner or veteran :).

James

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.17, 12:06 PM
Hey guys,
Which date has been picked? or is on here and I just missed it, see I can use age as an excuse.:o
And I might as well ask, Where and what time?;)
Look foward to seeing everyone.

pedrocamp
2009.08.17, 09:51 PM
D.R., no date posted yet but there are discussions about late September...
Hope you can make though I can't promise a similar tasty buffet that we enjoyed at CFI!

Haven't seen Landon posting much lately, have you put him back to work?

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.18, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the come back Pedro, I will keep looking for the date to be posted.
As far as LT, he has had to do some work here lately, we don't want him to get rusty. We also bought all the mini "z" stock and track from 843 Hobbies, so he is busy getting an inventory on all the stock and track. Now we have enough RCP to make a huge track at the mall or where ever.
Look forward to seeing you and the guys at the Diablo or the Enduro, which ever comes first.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.18, 07:51 PM
Did you guys buy the Giro-z. I should would like to have one, if I could put my hands on for cheap.

Jay

hrdrvr
2009.08.19, 08:08 AM
We did buy the GiroZ Jay, and have allready been approached about selling it ;) I dont know if we will be considering selling it off though, as its nice to have a bcak-up bridge, the extra sensors would allow us to set up a bridge for a three wide straight, or let us have two tracks running at once :D

Pedro, Im doin' allright :D Thanks for asking.

cosmicsoul
2009.08.19, 09:05 AM
Yeah it would be real nice if you did a race somewhere other than CFI you wouldn't have to take your home sytem down.

Or if you where helping run the time at lets say the Mini-Diablo.

Oh by the way I think we should impeach Pedro for President and consider this new cantidate, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baUx42qs1xU

See everyone soon!

Jay

hrdrvr
2009.08.19, 02:21 PM
Or if you where helping run the time at lets say the Mini-Diablo.

Jay

lol

If you guys need me to bring the CPU and run it, thne youll need to schedule around my calendar, which I dont think you would like, lol. I will offer my hand at anything I can help out with on race day, but I dont want to be responsible for anything major, especially since IDK if I can even come yet or not (pending your date).

cosmicsoul
2009.08.19, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the offer or counter offer should I say. I thought you would apprieciate the humor, lol. I think we have our lap counter situation pretty well sorted, I think. Oh well go to get back to work. Later.

Jay

pick
2009.08.19, 10:37 PM
I know we've been tossing around a few dates, but we need to make a decision :confused:. Jim and Vicki seem to like Saturday 09/26. This works with my schedule, but I'd like to make sure it works for as many people as possible :cool:. That way we'll have a big turnout :D. The tentative plan is setup on Friday 09/25 with test and tune afterwards, more test and tune on Saturday morning 09/26, and start racing at 10am. Everyone seemed to be in favor of a one day event, so not to put too much strain on everyone's family/work calendar ;). So, everyone check their calendar and see if this works. This goes for the Myrtle Beach crew too :eek:! We can easily change to another date if needed, but this date seems to work for everyone I've talked to so far :D. I won't be racing tomorrow, but I'll come by to get the results and see what the non internet users think also :).

James

cosmicsoul
2009.08.20, 09:16 AM
9/26 works for me, I think. sounds good though.

Jay

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.20, 11:32 AM
The 26th works for me.

chad508
2009.08.20, 12:07 PM
i can make this work for me as well

pedrocamp
2009.08.20, 12:29 PM
The 26th should work for me as well. I may have a football game to attend on Friday evening as Zak is in the band but we should both be there Sat.

Were the updated rules in post #30 agreeable to everyone? I suppose we will have to settle on classes for the event. It was mentioned that we should limit to three to stay on schedule. Leave out F1, just give Rodney the trophy! JK, just someone step on his car... either that or he should drive using the Happy Hands technique.

pick
2009.08.20, 01:04 PM
Rodney and Wade also said the 26th would work for them :cool:. Haven't talked to Mike or Marwan yet, but hopefully we'll hear from them soon. Landon, surely you can hitch a ride with the Rabbit :p.

I think the rules are fine Pedro. As for classes, whatever the masses want :rolleyes:. Stock (GT), Lemans, and F1 would be great........but I'm not sure what everyone else wants :confused:. I think some of the guys in MB primarily run pan bodies, so we need to figure out a way to work them into the mix. Maybe the Pan Stock 70t could run in the 70t Lemans class :eek:? It wouldn't look as cool as all Lemans bodies, but it would give them an option.

As for Rodney's F1, I'll build a sacrificial lamb car to wreck him with everytime he attempts to pass :D. Sooner or later it's gotta break :eek:.

James

chad508
2009.08.20, 02:31 PM
stock gt, lm, and f1 works for me. personally i bored with pan right now. now what about an awd class?

hrdrvr
2009.08.20, 03:21 PM
Landon, surely you can hitch a ride with the Rabbit :p.

I think the rules are fine Pedro. As for classes, whatever the masses want :rolleyes:. Stock (GT), Lemans, and F1 would be great........but I'm not sure what everyone else wants :confused:. I think some of the guys in MB primarily run pan bodies, so we need to figure out a way to work them into the mix. Maybe the Pan Stock 70t could run in the 70t Lemans class :eek:? It wouldn't look as cool as all Lemans bodies, but it would give them an option.

James

Im sure the Rabbit would let me tag along with him :D Ive just been waiting to see what date you guys choose, so I can try and plan out my fall racing schedule :D If this race is the 26th, two weeks later is the enduro, two weeks after that is looking like the ALS race, then two weeks after that is NekoCon. Thats a packed up race schedule for two months or so. I know I wont be able to attend all four events, but hopefully I can make it work to be at y'alls. You guys have always tried to support our events, and Id hate to miss out on supporting yours. I had such a good time last year too. I know you guys can draw in a good sized crowd, and Im sure the bigger it is, the more Vicki will want to do it again, so I want to be there :D Also, Maybe Ill finally get to meet that Crazy Cajun, lol.

As far as classes, dont make anything special for us. The group that is talking about coming is made up of a bunch of flexible guys. We can run anything from standard touring, to pan, to LM, and any from of mod as well.

I would however deter you from letting the pan cars run with the LMs, unless you are allowing people to run standard wheels and tires on the LMs. The pan cars would be at a huge advantage if they had the unlimited tire selection, and wheel choice. Part of the joy of the LM spec class is having to adapt the materials allowed and be fast. Personally, I think the tires keep it closer than the similarity of the bodies.

If had to choose for y'all, Id do just what you did last year, stock (no pan), mod (pan and LM allowed), and F1. I know the LM class is happeneing with you guys right now, just like the 70t pans are popular here, but some of those 'fun' classes have to be left out of events like this. Of course, if you run a fourth class, it should be whatever gets the most support locally (the event is primariy for your guys), and let us comform to it, or choose not to run it :D

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.20, 05:23 PM
Chad,
I doubt we will see a AWD class in the Queen City, but I would be in, if it happened.
Come on MBMZR's lets show some interest here:eek: who do we know is going, lets see a show of hands, sort of speak;)
This is going to be a fun filled long day, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!:D

B-main
2009.08.20, 07:23 PM
im down for LM pan stock and stock .ill have my hands full running 3 classes with one car but i dont care i love racing .o yea my car is a pos can i car pool

pedrocamp
2009.08.20, 10:20 PM
Thanks for all the support guys, looking forward to a great event!
I would be up for Stock, F1, LM and Pan Stock. The LM class at our track allows any wheel as long as the LM tires fit. This allows the use of higher offsets so you don't have to buy an LM ball diff. I wouldn't mind a Pan Stock class if it will be well supported. I don't think we should do a mod class because though the track will be a bit larger it still won't have the room to really open one up.

pick
2009.08.21, 11:16 AM
Alright guys, it's in stone :D!!!!! I talked with Jim, Vicki, and our non internet guys last night...........09/26/09 is definitely the date :cool:. Looks like this will work for everyone I've talked to so far and HSH is very supportive. Also looks like the tentative schedule I posted is what we'll run. We'll get something more formal posted asap. Looks like the entry fee will be $10 per class, and we will be running 3 classes for sure. Depending on how many people show, I don't think there will be enough time to run 4 classes. That's asking alot out a one day event...but it could happen :rolleyes:. As for classes, I'm open to whatever. However, I think we'll see the largest amount of participation in Stock (GT) and Lemans. Most of the guys down here have converted their Mod cars to run Lemans (since it's open board / 70t). We also have a very strong following of F1's. But, like Landon, I like running Mod too........it's just real hard to run on our track, so there's not many true mod drivers left. What I don't like is seeing a mod class full of stock cars, which is what I am afraid would happen. That's just my opinion though. My vote is to run Stock(GT), Lemans, and F1 with an option to run Mod if time allows :eek:. I'm all for 4 classes if we have time. This would also give the MB guys somewhere to run Pan and AWD, because Mod is RUN WHATCHA BRUNG :eek:. We'll get the classes firmed up very soon though :D.

James

pedrocamp
2009.08.21, 12:27 PM
Had a chat with James and we think we will need to limit the day to three classes just to make sure we don't keep Jim and Vicki too late. Do all you MB guys have LM bodies? Would anyone be left out?
I will get together an event thread and post rules and schedule soon!

chad508
2009.08.21, 02:08 PM
im positive everyone has lm bodys. some still run them in our stock asc class. so is it going to be stock, lm and f1 for sure?

hrdrvr
2009.08.21, 05:54 PM
The LM class at our track allows any wheel as long as the LM tires fit. This allows the use of higher offsets so you don't have to buy an LM ball diff. I wouldn't mind a Pan Stock class if it will be well supported.

Can the LM tires be thinned? I didnt put em on a truer or anything, but Ive got a bunch of pretty thin ones that would easily stretch over regular wheels. Basically the rule is "use LM tires" :D

Im talking with the wife about making it out there. If I can work it out, Ill be down for stock, LM, F1, and 70t pan if y'all run it. Id be down for any of those three if one gets left off the bill.

pedrocamp
2009.08.22, 09:38 AM
See the event thread here:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32450

Please post all further discussion here. Look forward to racing with our friends in the MiniZ community, veterans and those just starting out.

cosmicsoul
2011.07.30, 06:12 PM
So, I think we should or someone should talk to Jim and Vicki about hosting a Saturday race.

With a little tweaking of the track room I think we could make the track just a bit bigger and gain some Pit space.

Maybe we could sacrafice a night of Thursday racing or have a mandatory Saturday workday to complete the project.

Some one could line up some sponsors for some free door prizes, tires, bearings, T Plates, wheels nuts, an autoscale or two. Just some basics, everyones a winner with free door prizes.

If we charged lets say a $50.00 entry fee for as many classes as you can run Stock, Lemans, F-1, and Mod? If we had 20 entries that would be a thousand bucks. The shop could pocket half not bad! The other half could go towards gift certificates to Highspeed for the 1, 2, 3 maybe even fourth place finishers of the A and B main. May be even a prize for the best sport of the day.

This way everyone would have a shot at winning some of there entry fee back, for the shop it would be win, win because they the prize winnings would be spent at the shop.

Depending on how many classes we ran this could be a 2 dayer or a long all dayer.

Well just me rambling, if anything maybe this will get some discusion going.

Jay

I would really enjoy a full day racing without having to travel to Timbucktu.

cosmicsoul
2011.08.01, 09:31 AM
I guess no one gives a crap about running a race on Saturday. Doesn't have to be all hyped up and everything, just a good time.

We might could draw a few more racers if we did a monthly Saturday race, heck even the South Carolina Crew might drop by from time to time.

We could run our regular format just add an additional qualifier and class.

If we had a first Saturday event it could be a regular thing so people would be able to plan accordingly if they could.

What do you guys think, basically extended club racing on a Saturday once a month. (This is not intended to replace or interfere with Thursday night racing).

kwsmith29
2011.08.01, 09:41 AM
Jay,

That's a great idea. Vickie and I have spoke of that several times. Jim even likes the idea. Any time there's a race and a full parking lot it seems to draw a crowd. I'll make some calls today and give some input back tonight.

Maybe something like the third Saturday of each month...

Wade

chad508
2011.08.01, 09:45 AM
count me in. it would be great to come up at least every other month maybe every month and run with you guys

cosmicsoul
2011.08.01, 09:50 AM
Any Saturday is fine by me, I just feel strongly that it needs to be the same Saturday every month for it to succeed.

That way there is no question as to when it is.

We have another influx of people coming into the hobby and some who are getting bored of just a couple hours a week of racing.

I know there is not really much of a spin you can put on this thing, but more is always better!

I am itching to race for a whole afternoon or evening with out having drive home an hour, just to go to sleep and wake up early to go to work.

miamimcnutt
2011.08.01, 03:56 PM
I guess no one gives a crap about running a race on Saturday. Doesn't have to be all hyped up and everything, just a good time.

We might could draw a few more racers if we did a monthly Saturday race, heck even the South Carolina Crew might drop by from time to time.

We could run our regular format just add an additional qualifier and class.

If we had a first Saturday event it could be a regular thing so people would be able to plan accordingly if they could.

What do you guys think, basically extended club racing on a Saturday once a month. (This is not intended to replace or interfere with Thursday night racing).

jay

that is a great idea im in

albert

cosmicsoul
2011.08.01, 04:51 PM
Good to hear a few folks are in! Let's see what we can get going!

pick
2011.08.03, 10:13 AM
I think it's a great idea Jay :D! Not only would it probably increase our #'s, but it'd give our SC buddies a racing option every month :cool:. I work a lot of Saturdays, but Kyler and I would be there when my schedule permits.

hrdrvr
2011.08.03, 11:08 AM
I would try my best to make it every month. I would at least be down for whenever Chad makes the trek....if he is game for the all-dayer :D Racing has been slack here, so Ive just been cutting laps alone for quite some time...but with very little frequency. Chad and I had a race the other night, and Ive got one new guy highly interested. We just can;t get people (myself included) off the beach long enough to run a real race day.

cosmicsoul
2011.08.03, 12:12 PM
Hey Landon,

Marwan and I are thinking about buying a 4 passenger plane so we can travel to more out of town events, maybe you guys would like to go in on it with us? Heck we could all fly to California together for the nationals or even the worlds. Well maybe not the worlds:(. That maybe a little too far in a 4 passenger plane. Maybe we should consider a little bit roomier jet. I am sure if we could get a few more investors this wouldn't be that big a deal. I am pretty sure Don has made plenty of transcontinental flights. We could probably talk him in to going in with us, so maybe the worlds would be realistic.

Maybe you and Chad should consider buying a plane of your own, then we could have plane races. That might really be fun!

chad508
2011.08.03, 12:50 PM
i dont think i could fit in the plane i can afford. but a good idea none the less:rolleyes:

hrdrvr
2011.08.03, 03:01 PM
I was thinking more like an old vw tour bus we could all ride in. I may be able to afford a share of that.....on an 8- way split.

miamimcnutt
2011.08.03, 05:42 PM
what about a covered wagon a good 8 horse team then gas is everywhere the veiw may not be pretty but ther will be plenty of time to fix ur junk jay could be our guide

chad508
2011.08.09, 09:19 AM
any progress on a saturday race?

miamimcnutt
2011.08.09, 02:19 PM
i know Jim gave the ok and there is some talk of every 3rd sat race sch. mini diablo ive only herd a little of that hope that helps

albert

chad508
2011.08.09, 03:55 PM
just keep us informed as the mbmzr crew is ready to come up run some with everyone. as long as the saturday race does not start at 8am i am game to come ever month.

cosmicsoul
2011.08.10, 11:03 PM
Looks like, this thing might happen.

There is definately talk of the 3rd Saturday of the month. I don't think we have the logistics worked out completely.

Mainly we need for our race director to be availble this day to make things work. Since this will be basically club racing there is not a whole lot of prep other than what we are already doing on Thursdays.

If we could get someone local to learn the timing system and commit to being there every third Saturday just in case the race director could not make it.

The shop opens at 10am and stays open till 4pm this should be plenty of time to squeeze in 2-3 classes maybe even an extra qualifyer.

I think if we say stock every time and run a rotation of classes or pick them out of a hat.

There is no need for hand motors and what not.

With the size of our track 70 turn is about all you need we all know the rules.

Lets not get caught up in this or that. If you want to go faster you know what to do, let's be honest with ourselves and each other it's called the honor system.

Let's have a good time.

I will not be at the track for the next couple of weeks, hopefully some one will read this and carry the torch!

I think next month would be a good time to start.

Albert I think you would be a good candidate to learn the timing system and collaborate with Josh.

Mike, Wade or James maybe one of you could communicate with Jim and Vickie to make sure this is alright. I think they are up to it.

I think if we don't over complicate things this can be a fun monthly event, that will increase revenue for the shop and promote interest in the hobby.

If I lived in Landis I would be happy to see this through myself. Other than encouragement I don't have much else to offer.

Hope to see some activity soon.

miamimcnutt
2011.08.11, 07:47 AM
if josh is willing to teach me im all about learning i have no problem helping to expand the hobby.

hope to see every1 tonight

albert