PDA

View Full Version : SO--who do we talk too at Kyosho???

Timmig
2009.08.13, 11:23 PM
Well if Tim Johnson has moved on---who do we talk to at Kyosho?? I had someone I was in contact with, but my understanding is he doesn't like to speak to Mini Z racers! He was upset that I had called him--and all I wanted was to PROMOTE Mini Z racing here in SoCal!! Don't understand why Kyosho would not want to deal with someone that truly is interested in helping establish racing and promote the sales of their products---but it was true.
Anyway---who's the Kyosho representative we should speak with??:D
Thanks
Tim

Tim Johnson
2009.08.14, 01:55 AM
PM Sent. :)

Timmig
2009.08.14, 10:25 PM
Your right Tim---sometimes frustration gets high with no response or POOR response's.
All we'd like to do is RACE more with Mini Z and that would help promote their products.
Hello---anyone out there at Kyosho America???
We'd like to hear from you! Help us help you sell your products! :eek::D
Thanks
Tim

Tim Johnson
2009.08.14, 10:57 PM
Also keep in mind that most manufactures are very busy and cannot take everyone's call, nor take up every marketing chance. Also keep in mind that ranting like above will not push a manufacture to work with you. In fact they will refuse to deal anyone that rants publicly like above, that goes for any manufacture.

bermbuster
2009.08.14, 10:57 PM
We feel your pain on the East Coast as well.......
Come on Kyosho wake up.....

We are getting tired of buying from vendors in Hong Kong and Japan....
Dose Gil Losi Jr still work for Kyosho???
We should call Kyosho USA everyday until we get answers.....:D

Tim Johnson
2009.08.14, 11:00 PM
pat of my post was deleted.....

Killing a rumor now. Ultimate Hobbies has not quit carrying kyosho products

bermbuster
2009.08.14, 11:09 PM
Also keep in mind that most manufactures are very busy and cannot take everyone's call, nor take up every marketing chance. Also keep in mind that ranting like above will not push a manufacture to work with you. In fact they will refuse to deal anyone that rants publicly like above, that goes for any manufacture.

Nobody is ranting.....we just want to see Kyosho USA carry the complete product line of mini z and support racing.....Us mini z manaics on the forums are the minority but we believe in Kyosho and support them. Manufacturers who are too busy to listen to there core customers are foolish. Kyosho Japan is the winner....If we are forced to buy from outside the US Japan still makes money it is only Kyosho USA that is losing out....Im thankful for awesome aftermarket support by PN Atomic 3R and all the smaller Cos out there....

Timmig
2009.08.15, 11:25 AM
Of course, I've been in manufacturing all my life. I've spent 30 years either representing companies directly or as a broker working with 30 manufacturer's for 7 years. I'm currently an Allied West Paper Corporation Sales Manager-- so I do understand and am completely sympathetic to the "busy" schedules sometimes with manufacturer's and their representatives.
I also have spent over 30 years in the RC Industry as a sponsored racer, and have worked with some of the best companies in the industry. That is why I don't understand a lack of enthusiasm for anyone that is willing to help move my/their products. If that truly is your stance, then shouldn't you be in a different business? I LOVE it when someone shows a spark of interest in selling my products--and I JUMP at the chance to make it easier for them to understand my product and ensure they know how we envision growing the market with my products.
Working with willing participants is much better than simply trying to "advertise" and hope someone shows up at the hobby shop to buy. I guess that is one way to go to market--- but it would be nice to simply have quick answers to questions about the products available and their applications.
Sounds simple doesn't it?
Thanks
Tim

Timmig
2009.08.15, 11:44 AM
BTW---Ultimate Hobbies is the BEST stocked Hobby SHop in OC with Kyosho Products! They have a lot of Mini Z cars and some aftermarket products. A great place to shop---
Gyro Hobbies in Lake Forest WILL be stocking Mini Z in the future--once they've decided on what kind of track and how big--we'll be sure they have stock on everything the Mini Z racer could want. So look for a big surge in Mini Z racing starting in September!
Grant Matshushima will be opening in a NEW location in the Montclair Plaza Mall with Mini Z racing exclusively! Rental cars and racing will be available at his shop!! Come check it out there.
Mini Z Enthusiast--
Tim

Action B
2009.08.22, 04:20 PM
Of course, I've been in manufacturing all my life. I've spent 30 years either representing companies directly or as a broker working with 30 manufacturer's for 7 years. I'm currently an Allied West Paper Corporation Sales Manager-- so I do understand and am completely sympathetic to the "busy" schedules sometimes with manufacturer's and their representatives.
I also have spent over 30 years in the RC Industry as a sponsored racer, and have worked with some of the best companies in the industry. That is why I don't understand a lack of enthusiasm for anyone that is willing to help move my/their products. If that truly is your stance, then shouldn't you be in a different business? I LOVE it when someone shows a spark of interest in selling my products--and I JUMP at the chance to make it easier for them to understand my product and ensure they know how we envision growing the market with my products.
Working with willing participants is much better than simply trying to "advertise" and hope someone shows up at the hobby shop to buy. I guess that is one way to go to market--- but it would be nice to simply have quick answers to questions about the products available and their applications.
Sounds simple doesn't it?
Thanks
Tim

I don't think many of us here would disagree with this. Nice post.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.22, 04:56 PM
Mr Johnson,
I respect your opinion on the ranting, but stating facts and ranting are two different things and let's face it, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I agree with you on dealing with our local hobby shops, but when you go into a lot of the local hobby shops in the south east and ask about mini z's, they say that do not want to deal with Kyosho, because of their policies.
I would like to carry the Kyosho line at our local club track, would this be possible?

Timmig
2009.08.22, 09:42 PM
Andy,
Tim apparently is the last Kyosho rep that cared about customers. That's what this thread has been about. We're HOPING that someone from Kyosho would like to participate and LEAD us to a better understanding of where they want Mini Z to go? I've been a BIG promoter for MIni Z racing --- but the feedback I got from Kyosho was "stop calling me"!? This is from the local marketing rep responsible for Mini Z--- after I contacted him explaining that I was EXCITED about Mini Z racing and was helping my local hobby shop set up their track. I was also involved and racing at the ONLY other Mini Z track in Southern California---Matshushima's in Upland. I was hoping to ask them what their interest / help might be for us to have Kyosho well represented at these tracks.
I guess we have to make our decisions and go it alone with no input from them. I DO know that some hobby shops deal directly with Japan because they can't get any local help. I don't know if that's an option that Kyosho America wants us to take. But with no response--I don't know what options are left??
FWIW
Tim

color01
2009.08.23, 02:12 AM
This is America after all so I'm pretty sure the Inferno is what's causing less attention to be focused on the Mini-Z... nonetheless it should not be disadvantageous for K-America to respond to enthusiasts wanting to help sales.

Daddy Rabbit- were you not able to get a reply from their Dealer Sales department?

Timmig
2009.08.23, 11:52 PM
Well as we can see here---there is no response from anyone at Kyosho-- We'll be racing in Lake Forest soon---and Montclair Plaza will be going Sept. 1st.
Let's go racing!!!
Tim

Action B
2009.08.24, 01:56 AM
"Kyosho Corporation of America remains committed to customer satisfaction beyond your expectations. This is an integral part of the Kyosho Vision Statement and is a daily focus here at Kyosho Corporation of America."

Timmig
2009.08.24, 10:10 AM
You're in Va Beach? I have a Kyosho Corp of America here in Lake Forest California. Is there someone @ Kyosho interested in helping promote Mini Z Racing?
Thanks
Tim

bermbuster
2009.08.24, 11:36 AM
"Kyosho Corporation of America remains committed to customer satisfaction beyond your expectations. This is an integral part of the Kyosho Vision Statement and is a daily focus here at Kyosho Corporation of America."

If this is Kyosho America's mission statement prove it to us mini z maniacs....

I will say this I have been racing mini zs for 3 + years in the Metro NYC area and Kyosho has given prizes for the NYC championships and other big races held at Action RC in Staten Island. Not mini z racing but back in 2005 Kyosho supported the East Coast Championships (Half-8 racing) They sent 2 factory racers along w lots of prizes for the race. The support from the factory team was priceless and it is what made me and my son want Mini Zs......
Kyosho Rules!!!

I would like to see Kyosho start promoting and holding Kyosho Cup Racing.....
We definitely have the racers on the East Coast.....:D

Daddy Rabbit
2009.08.24, 03:19 PM
Tim,
Good luck, something positive WILL come out of this thread.

Brian Ma,
No, we have not gotten that far, since we just lost our local K dealer.
Our club members would like to have stock handy and we have room to have a nice show case. Not only for locals but for out of towners when we have an event.
My son has done a lot in this area to promote the sport of mini z racing and has co-hosted several events. We finally, about a year ago, had a local hobby shop start stocking mini z parts, but that now has fallen by the way side.
So in the previous post, I was asking "who do we contact about the possibilities of selling Kyosho stock", being that we are only a club.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.