PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Canada getting new large mini-z track/store in early Nov

Sinister_Y
2009.08.21, 10:06 AM
I'm very happy to announce that the Mini-Car Club of Canada (MC3) has just finished securing a permanent facility near the Toronto airport (Derry Rd and 427 N).

Work is currently underway to get the space ready with a projected launch date hitting early November of this year (09)

The space is large enough to hold a worlds event. We will be running RCP and a Giro-Z system with a CORE system as a backup. We are planning to be involved in both the PNWC 2010 series and the 2010 HFAY series.

We continue to be authorized resellers of PN Racing products, however there will be stock from other manufacturers as well, i.e. Kyosho, KO, etc...

For those wishing to try mini-z out first before getting addicted like the rest of us, we have a small fleet of 2.4 Ghz rental cars that will be available.

More information/updates to follow.

Thanks to all for their continued support. I look forward to providing you a safe, fun and for some, a competitive environment, to play mini-z R/C.

mikedw
2009.08.21, 10:39 AM
That's great news. Looking forward to it.
Cheers!

Santy
2009.08.22, 03:02 PM
its a little far for me but ill make it out as much as i can

thanks for opening a new track, im getting witdrawls from not racing

any photos?

boroEF
2009.08.30, 07:37 PM
I'm really glad to hear that this is back :)
Will keep my eyes peeled for nov!

mini-z
2009.08.30, 07:57 PM
Congrats S! Maybe we'll have to take another trip up there to check it out! :)

Sinister_Y
2009.08.31, 10:22 AM
D,

Thanks and for sure, I'd love to have you guys back to race with.

FYI, Something cool I've been working on is that with the Giro-Z system, it will support a 2nd monitor and I have about 3/4 spare LCD monitors lying around.

I'm going to buy a vga distribution box and plan to put those LCD monitors at a few pit tables so guys can check out their friend's, teammates or competitors laptimes while goofing around with their car. We'll see through if it works.

Santy
2009.10.23, 07:32 PM
were getting close to nov, hows the track/shop coming along?

Sinister_Y
2009.10.23, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the interest.
Pit tables were built. Retail spot is almost built.

Tomorrow is painting day. Hopefully there will be time to do other stuff.

We're still expecting November. You can always check out the website for the blog updates.

minicarclubofcanada.com

put the www before the address above

arch2b
2009.10.24, 12:07 AM
D,

Thanks and for sure, I'd love to have you guys back to race with.

FYI, Something cool I've been working on is that with the Giro-Z system, it will support a 2nd monitor and I have about 3/4 spare LCD monitors lying around.

I'm going to buy a vga distribution box and plan to put those LCD monitors at a few pit tables so guys can check out their friend's, teammates or competitors laptimes while goofing around with their car. We'll see through if it works.

sounds like an awsome features and would really like to see how that works.

Sinister_Y
2009.10.24, 08:38 AM
Thanks Arch.

I already bought the vga distribution box the other week along with all the cables and mounts. Just need to finish the retail area, mount the hardware and hook stuff up.

Will have pics for everyone when everything is completed.
As far as putting them at pit tables, I discussed the idea lots with friends and th result was to put them in the retail area. If put at the pit tables there was a high probability that they may get damaged...

jcr
2009.10.30, 08:49 AM
any chance it is big enough to do 1/18 scales?

Sinister_Y
2009.10.30, 10:55 AM
Maybe, but we will be running 2 tile wide track. So that will be very tight for 1/18, but good if you want a technical track.

If we went 3 tile wide, which is possible, it work would well and be superfast for the cars, especially if you use foams. However, I would need to buy more track, which I'm not prepared to do right now.

I'd be willing to try it out one time to see, but really we're dedicated to 1/28 and later if Dnano is ever distributed through the normal channels, 1/43th scale.

jcr
2009.10.30, 11:15 AM
ok cool... if you guys ever do 1/18 i might be interested (don't have a 1/18 right now). Or maybe I'll just try it out anyway with my 1/18 when I check it out with my friend who has a mini-z

pomme de terre
2009.11.01, 08:54 PM
Just thought I'd check in.

I still have an MA010 and OL in the closet somewhere.... :p

Sinister_Y
2009.11.05, 10:58 AM
Update:

Projected opening date is Sat, Nov 28th. I will confirm and start another thread with the official announcement, pics, etc...

I am also planning on the grand opening being free for everyone. There maybe additional things happening too....stay tuned.

wes
2009.11.05, 12:24 PM
Just stumbled across this from my Mini-Z F******k group, looks awesome! I may have to pull my Zs out from the closet, they've been collecting dust for almost a year... Bought 2.4 boards/module for my 4wd and 2wd when they first came out, and stopped playing a month later. The airport is a little far, but I hope to make it out as much as possible! Thanks for making this happen in Toronto!

Sinister_Y
2009.11.06, 10:13 AM
Wes, good to hear from you (well, see your post...you know what I mean).

Hope you can join us for the Grand Opening coming soon.

JAngeli
2010.04.23, 04:22 PM
I'd like to drop by sometime to see what the Mini-Z and dNano's are like. Currently looking to get into RC. Also looking at the 1/10 electric road cars and short course trucks.
Joe

Sinister_Y
2010.04.23, 05:41 PM
Hi Joe,

Sounds good. Come by to check us out. We're open his Saturday from 4pm to 10pm.

Check our website for all of open days and times.

Link is in my signature.

Cheers