PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II ! Charlotte NC - Sept 26

pedrocamp
2009.08.22, 09:33 AM
YES! From the loins of The Diablo Sandwich Run comes Diablo II…

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/Buford_T_Justice.jpg

Jim and Vicki of High Speed Hobbies in China Grove, NC and the HSH MiniZ Racing Club invite you to a day of racing and fun with good friends.

The Date: September 26, 2009

The race this year will be held right in the High Speed Hobbies shop.

The Location:
High Speed Hobbies
2510 Hwy 29 S.
China Grove, NC 28023

Jim and Vicki are allowing the Club to expand the track; we are taking over the place!

There will be track setup with Test and Tune thereafter on Friday, September 25 till 7:00 PM. The track will open at 7:00 AM Saturday the 26th for Testing and Tuning with Qualifying beginning at 10:00AM.

Classes: STOCK, LEMANS, F1 (See Rules below for details)

PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL BE USING THE CORE TIMING SYSTEM FOR THIS EVENT, THE EASY TO FIT TRANSPONDERS WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR OUT OF TOWNERS High Speed Hobbies uses an AMB timing system. Transponders will be available for sale and rent by the shop or (if you are lucky) loan from personal stock. Actually, we should have plenty of loaners dependent on turnout. We will use the Giro Z style connectors for easy hook-ups.

High Speed Hobbies has a well stocked selection of MiniZ parts and hop-ups.

Lots of prizes courtesy of:
High Speed Hobbies
Reflex Racing
PN Racing
Vasquez Painting

Entry Fee: $10.00 per Class, for those 15 years and under $5.00 per class.

More details to follow in this thread...

HIGH SPEED HOBBIES DIABLO II
1/28TH SCALE RACE RULES

Stock
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only.
Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed.
NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbases allowed: 86mm – 100 mm.
Kyosho, IWaver or TRP street car based bodies only.
NOT allowed: Le Mans Prototype (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…), PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies.

Motor – Board
Equivalency formula, these combinations are allowed:

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM board only, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.
ONLY the following motors may be used:
PN 70T, PN Speedy07 Bush and BB, PN Speedy05, Kyosho stock motor or X-Speed. No armature swapping between motor types or rewinding, unwinding allowed. Magnets as supplied by manufacturer for motor type, no swapping or substitutions.

OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70T armature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. No rewinding or unwinding allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Boards and motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 180g with batteries and transponder.

Tires and Wheels
Rubber tires only.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed with the following dimensions:
Maximum front width: 8.5 mm.
Maximum rear width: 11mm.
Maximum diameter: 21 mm front and rear.

Le Mans
Chassis and Body
Kyosho 01, 015, 02 and 03 base chassis only. Colored Kyosho option chassis allowed. NO aftermarket chassis allowed, i.e.: Inzane P-28, MRCG, etc…
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Wheelbase allowed: 102mm.
Kyosho Le Mans Protoype bodies only (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, etc…). PN Pan, Atomic VDS or Lexan (polycarbonate) bodies not allowed.

Motor – Board
OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70T armature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. No rewinding or unwinding allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

NOTE: Motors can be checked at random by HSH staff or designee.

Weight
Minimum of 190g with batteries and transponder.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Le Mans tires only, all available compounds.
Any plastic or aluminum wheels allowed which fit the Kyosho Le Mans tires. Front specific tires must be run on the front and rear specific on the rear.

Formula 1
Chassis and Body
Only Kyosho plastic F1 chassis allowed.
All Kyosho option and aftermarket motor pod, suspension and drive train parts allowed.
Only Kyosho F1 bodies allowed.

Motor – Board
Any brushed 130 sized motor is allowed. Brushless motors not allowed.

Weight
Minimum of 200g with batteries and transponder.

Tires and Wheels
Kyosho Formula 1 or equivalent aftermarket tires only, all available compounds.
Only plastic or aluminum F1 type wheels allowed

No traction compounds are allowed on tires or racing surface.

No foam tires are allowed in any class, only rubber tires will be permitted.

Batteries in all classes will be limited to 4 each of AAA Alkaline, NiCad or NiMH. Lipos of any type are not allowed. External batteries will be permitted only to power transponders.

Additional rules as per PN World Championship. Above rules supercede PN rules when in conflict.

Skv012a
2009.08.22, 02:57 PM
If you don't mind me saying this- bone stock MR15 weighs about 170-175 grams, so 180 gram minimum doesn't even make sense for a stock-style race that allows shortests/lightest bodies.

CristianTabush
2009.08.22, 03:10 PM
The AMB transponders are heavy, they should make up for the majority, so it should not be much of a concern...

pedrocamp
2009.08.22, 03:59 PM
We looked at the PN rules 175 g and the Atomic rules 180 g and went with Atomic. And as CT points out the AMB system HSH uses have rather heavy transponders. We are looking into a Core based or Giro system in the future though so we will adjust then as necessary. An all plastic car is the lightest of course but not many people race them that way and we don't want to penalize those who add some aly parts to their cars, the shop wants to sell those parts too! It is easier for a light car to add a bit of weight than a heavier car to remove it. A bit of ballast also allows you to change the weight distribution of the car by moving the ballast around. So it actually does make sense to have a ballasted light car in a heavier weight class. I work in NASCAR and our cars carry hundreds of pounds of ballast. We are always looking to reduce car component weights to allow us to carry even more, that way we put it were we need it and also place it lower to reduce CG. Bring your car and a few nickels and come race!

bermbuster
2009.08.23, 09:33 PM
AMB systems work really well. I dont know if you have seen these transponders

http://www.rclaps.com/

they work w AMB and are small light(3 grams) and operate at 2.8v....

pedrocamp
2009.08.24, 07:06 AM
We have a few guys running those, they do work well and easier to fit in the car.

Traveler
2009.09.08, 03:51 PM
rcKenon has agreed to provide some PNRacing parts and gear to give away at this event :D A big thanks to Philip!:)

cosmicsoul
2009.09.08, 08:13 PM
Vasquez Painting Company of the Triad has also agreed to provide an assortment of tools and items useful for the Mini-z enthusiast.

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.09.08, 10:14 PM
That's Not All!!! Reflex Racing are also donating some of their great products! Jim and Vicki of High Speed will also be giving away merchandise, more details soon...

pedrocamp
2009.09.10, 12:16 PM
Rules updated! Clarified weight and motor rules.

Please note:
HIGH SPEED HOBBIES
PN RACING
REFLEX RACING
VASQUEZ PAINTING OF THE TRIAD
are generously supplying great prizes.

pedrocamp
2009.09.10, 11:14 PM
FEW UPDATES:

Please note: we will be switching to the Core timing system for this event, this will make it easier for our out of town guests and those that don't own the pricey AMB transponders. We have plenty of Core transponders to loan, courtesy of Mike Morse.

We will have food available at the event.

The track is expanding and plenty of pit spots will be available.

The shop will be open Friday till 7:00 PM for Test and Tune.

The entry fee will be $10.00 per class, only $5.00 per class for those 15 and under.

pick
2009.09.11, 10:51 AM
Big thanks to Mike for letting us use the CORE system :cool:. That will make things much easier for the out of town crowd in addition to the fact that it won't cost anyone a dime :D. Allowing the 15 and under crowd to race for cheap will also help some of the Dad's wallets not get too thin ;). It's gonna be a fun and fast day guys :).

James

mleemor60
2009.09.18, 09:02 AM
We tested the CORE system last night at our regular show and all went off without a hitch so we are confident and good to go for the Diablo.

It is time to start working on a head count of out of towner's so that we can have core tags branded with everyone's name to ease the registration process. No prepayment is necessary but it is going to be a full day so if we can put a few minutes in the time bank by having tags coded ahead of time it will help the flow and allow for maybe a real lunch break.

If there are any special needs for anyone then speak up so we have a chance to see to them.

Any specific parts needed just send me a PM and I will arrange for them to be available when you arrive.

The track will be available for practice noon to seven on Friday the 25th.

Any questions? Let us have them so action can be taken if needed.

Thanks and see everybody there.

chad508
2009.09.18, 01:35 PM
im planning on coming up friday night with my brother inlaw. are there any hotels close by that are pretty reasonable?

mleemor60
2009.09.18, 03:18 PM
There are several within eight miles of the shop, All are located at either exit 58 or 60? off I-85. Everything from a Slumdog Ho-Jo To a Hampton and all in between. Adequate food selection at either exit.

Do not use GPS to locate shop. Shop address is 2510 Highway 29 South China Grove, NC. From exit 58 it is approx seven miles north on Hiway 29. From exit 60 or Earnhardt Blvd it is maybe three miles to US29 then about 5 miles north. Daddy Rabbit has been there and raced and knows the way so if all else fails just follow the big dog.

pedrocamp
2009.09.19, 09:19 AM
We received some nice door prizes from Reflex Racing - QTEQ diff parts, bearing sets and Reflex AWD parts!

Come claim some LOOT!

mleemor60
2009.09.20, 10:05 AM
Still looking for a head count. Thanks Chad. How about it Hrdrvr, Daddy Rabbit, Spakey, Cromie, Ed, Tannie, etc. You guys always run a smooth show. We are just trying to do the same. It doesn't take a long time to code a CORE tag but it does take more than plugging in a transponder. Let us know as soon as you can. Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Traveler
2009.09.20, 10:42 AM
I plan to be there:)

pick
2009.09.20, 10:48 AM
I'll be there :eek:! However.............Wade, Pedro, and Rodney may show up a little too late to race :rolleyes:. I'm currently planning to sabatoge their transportation ;). You know........sugar in the gas tank, banana in the tailpipe, and slashing their tires :p. You do all have comprehensive insurance, don't you :D?

James

Daddy Rabbit
2009.09.20, 11:01 AM
Mike,
Count me in, we will driving in from Richmond Friday, should be there early PM.

mleemor60
2009.09.20, 11:25 AM
I had asked Landon a couple of Q's about you and your's and he and his. Have you spoken to him about any of it? I have tags prepared for both of you.

pedrocamp
2009.09.20, 12:32 PM
Ain't fallin' for no banana in the tailpipe!

hrdrvr
2009.09.20, 02:30 PM
I plan to be there:)

Itll be nice to get to meet you in person ;)

Ill be in the building with wife and child in tow. You can count Chads brother in law in as well. His name is Steven, if you want to get a CORE tag ready for him as well.

IDK about spakey yet (need to talk about ride situations), but Im pretty sure Ed is out. He has been really busy lately with a transfer to Columbia. He hasnt even been able to make club races recently :( but Ill still be hoping :D

Eric is scheduled to go down to an off-road race in Savannah, but he said if it looked like it was going to rain out, hed come up with his sons. I havent had good luck with the off-road races getting cancelled lately though :D

What is the HSH gang looking at for attendance? Y'all had a big crowd for Diablo I. Are we looking at that size of group again?

Is every one running all the classes? I know I am ;)

EDIT: One more question :D How is the layout going to be? Can we get a tile estimate on the straight? Will it mostly be 3 wide?

Traveler
2009.09.20, 03:03 PM

Same here Landon:)

mleemor60
2009.09.20, 04:16 PM
If you would please PM first and last names for CORE ID. Anyone wishing to keep the tag can purchase them from me. These are the standard size CORE Speedway tags as issued before the buy out by K.

kwsmith29
2009.09.21, 02:07 AM
I'm in for all three. Joshua is running Stock and LM, CJ is still an outside chance, Dustin is in in stock I think, and Tyler should be in stock....

My wife will be there Saturday cooking up Hot dogs for lunch plates. All procedes from that will go to our church. I'm also working her for some of her awsome peanut butter cookies.

Can wait, looking foward to some good racing....and kicking James a$$....

pick
2009.09.21, 05:07 PM

Ill be in the building with wife and child in tow. You can count Chads brother in law in as well. His name is Steven, if you want to get a CORE tag ready for him as well.

IDK about spakey yet (need to talk about ride situations), but Im pretty sure Ed is out. He has been really busy lately with a transfer to Columbia. He hasnt even been able to make club races recently :( but Ill still be hoping

Eric is scheduled to go down to an off-road race in Savannah, but he said if it looked like it was going to rain out, hed come up with his sons. I havent had good luck with the off-road races getting cancelled lately though

What is the HSH gang looking at for attendance? Y'all had a big crowd for Diablo I. Are we looking at that size of group again?

Is every one running all the classes? I know I am ;)

EDIT: One more question :D How is the layout going to be? Can we get a tile estimate on the straight? Will it mostly be 3 wide?

Most of us will be running all classes, and hopefully we'll have at least as big a crowd as last time :cool:.

As for the layout, not sure right now. The straight will definitely be three wide, but we're not gonna put the track together until late Thursday night or maybe even early Friday to keep an even playing field :D. So, bring all your gears :eek:. As for me, I'll probably run the same size pinion and spur :rolleyes:. I'm thinking maybe a 30T on both would be good with some really HOTTTTTTTTTTT energizer batts :p!!

James ;)

pick
2009.09.21, 05:14 PM
I'm in for all three. Joshua is running Stock and LM, CJ is still an outside chance, Dustin is in in stock I think, and Tyler should be in stock....

My wife will be there Saturday cooking up Hot dogs for lunch plates. All procedes from that will go to our church. I'm also working her for some of her awsome peanut butter cookies.

Can wait, looking foward to some good racing....and kicking James a$$....

Wade,

You may prevail over me at the DIABLO :confused:. But, it is simply impossible for you to think that you could compare with my skills during the Friday night DANCE OFF :eek:.

A little sneak preview for your viewing pleasure..........

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8140/17ui1.gif

James :D

chad508
2009.09.21, 09:18 PM
i hate that i'll miss this illusive dance off i hear so much about. guess i'll have to make up for it at the race saturday. maybe if i do half way decent i'll cut a rug of my own on the drivers stand.

kwsmith29
2009.09.21, 10:50 PM
I concide now...No busting moves here....

pedrocamp
2009.09.22, 09:00 PM
During the main sorts and/or James' Dance Exhibition I have invited the dNaNo brotherhood to stage a fun run. Bring 'em out and have a go on the big track...

Traveler
2009.09.22, 09:35 PM
My attendance is becoming questionable :( Family demands.

cosmicsoul
2009.09.22, 10:29 PM
We are your family Marwan! And we demand your attendance!

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.09.23, 06:48 AM
James can arrest Marwan and sentence him to race!

cosmicsoul
2009.09.23, 08:45 AM
I wonder if anyone from VA, PA ,GA or DC will be making it?

pick
2009.09.23, 10:57 AM
My attendance is becoming questionable :( Family demands.

Marwan, dude, you've gotta do better than that! Just include your wife in our extracurricular activities :eek:. I'm planning on bringing mine to the Friday Night DANCE OFF :cool:. That way she can see some of my smooth skills. The only problem is that some of you may get a little jealous once you meet her ;). I have to say she is quite the HOTTIE. Here's a little sneek peak for your viewing pleasure..............

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9311/picreallyuglyface5b26c0io0.jpg

Don't hate me fellows, everyone deserves a wife this awesome :p!!

James

pick
2009.09.23, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know if HSH allows pets :confused:. The wife was wanting to bring the family dog :eek:. He's a real sweetie pie, and I don't think he'd bother anyone.................

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1696/hhdwnf0.gif

If not, I guess we'll leave him tied up at the house :rolleyes:. Oh, well.

James

mleemor60
2009.09.23, 12:06 PM
Only if it is a seing eye dog with aposable thumbs.

chad508
2009.09.23, 01:22 PM
after seeing the pic of your "hot wife" i would ask if shes allowed in the store are not. i think the dogs got a better shot personally.

pick
2009.09.23, 01:26 PM
Don't be a hater :confused:. I knew that jealousy would rear it's ugly head :eek:.

James

chad508
2009.09.23, 01:30 PM
i meant that they may not let her in due to the distractions she would cause on the drivers stand. with a face like that the bodys got to be smoking

pedrocamp
2009.09.25, 07:02 AM
The guys (I arrived late) got the track setup last night, really fun layout! Fast times should be in the mid to low 8s. Looking forward to Saturday! Hope someone can post a photo for you out of towners. We tested the Core and all was working well. Seems to work best with the transponders under the car as we have an under-track loop.

James and his wife will be performing a Patrick Swayze-Dirty Dancing Tribute tonight, come check it out!

pick
2009.09.25, 10:09 AM
I think you will all appreciate my Patrick Swayze tribute tonight :cool:. Not many people know this, but I was actually his BUTT double during the filming of Road House :eek:. The similarities are just uncanny :rolleyes:.

Everyone should really enjoy the new track setup, it's both fast and technical. I think the layout will spread everyone out pretty well too :D. Big thanks to Mike M., Jay V., Wade, and others that helped setup the track and hobby shop :). We're all looking forward to a great weekend of fast racing :cool:. Don't miss out..............DIABLO BABY, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :p

James

pick
2009.09.25, 06:52 PM
Just in case out of towners have a hard time finding High Speed Hobbies, I thought I'd post some easy directions from I-85 :cool:.

From I-85 South:
Take Exit number 68 towards NC-152/China Grove/US 29/Rockwell
Merge onto US-29 Bypass South
US-29 Bypass South becomes US-601 South
Continue to Landis City Limits
Store is on right just before the 3rd Stop Light
Approximately 2.0 miles after the Food Lion store

From I-85 North:
Take Exit number 63, Lane Street turn left at end of ramp.
Follow until you reach the stop light at US 29.
Turn right at the stop light, this will be US-29 North.
Stay on Hwy 29 through Kannapolis.
After you pass a Sonics on the right side of the road, our store will be
approximately 100 yards after the next stop light on the left.
You will need to make a U-turn to return to our store.

For those of you using Mapquest the address is:
High Speed Hobbies
2510 Hwy 29 S.
China Grove, NC 28023

And just in case you get lost :o, the phone # to High Speed Hobbies is:
(800) 357-5298 or (704) 855-2940

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Track opens for test and tune @ 7am, Racing will begin @ 10am :D.

James

Daddy Rabbit
2009.09.27, 03:16 PM
Great race guys, I did not do well, but had a wonderfull time.
A huge thanks goes out to Mike, Vicky & Andy for running a very structured event.:)There was a lot of racing and we were out of there by 6:00pm:D
Thank you Jim for letting us use your place, you have a very nice shop.
Look forward to seeing you guys at the Myrtle Beach Race, October 10th.;)

Daddy Rabbit
2009.09.27, 03:25 PM
Will you guys be posting all the results?

mleemor60
2009.09.27, 03:33 PM
Somebody picked them up so I'm sure it will be soon. I was glad to see you and overyone else again. see you again on the 10th.

pick
2009.09.27, 06:37 PM
Whew.........where do I start :confused:? Let me just tell ya, there was some awful big racing going on for such tiny little cars :cool:. Anyone that missed this event truly missed out on a great day of racing Mini-Z's. Big thanks to Jim and Vicki of High Speed Hobbies for not only hosting the race, but also for their unbelievable hospitality. Other thanks to Reflex Racing, Kenon Hobby, and Vasquez Painting for some really nice giveaways. Between the giveaways and prizes awarded by High Speed Hobbies to the top finishers, I don't think anyone walked away empty handed!!

T'was a rainy day outside, but the weather was perfect for racing all day inside. Doors opened at HSH for practice at 7am, and there were guys on the track by 7:01am :eek:. Racing began promptly at 10am as planned with the first heats. A great group of guys turned out for racing including the bunch from Myrtle Beach. But, who could miss them in their matching TEAM SHIRTS. The rest of us looked like vagabonds and were very intimidated by their attire :p.

As the day went on, the cars got faster and the racing closer. It was quite evident that Rodney, Wade, Pedro, and Landon were the guys to beat in basically every class. The rest of us common folk raced our hearts out, but came up a little short :o. However, that didn't keep everyone from putting on great shows in every race right down to the very last lap.

F1 started off the big show. In the F1 B-Main, James barely beat off Chad and Jay. James took the win and bumped to the A, but not without major carnage to all cars involved. It was so close that Jay or Chad could have easily won. They were all on the same lap and there were multiple lead changes right to the end. The F1 A-Main was all about Rodney. The only person who could get close was Pedro. Pedro raced his heart out, but the gold went to Rodney as he smoked the field :eek:.

Stock was next in line. Stock C was a great race with Aaron and Mike Morse duking it out. Aaron took the win and bumped to the B. Stock B was probably one of the best races of the day. There were more lead changes than a Mexican Hat Dance!! Conor took the win and the bump, but holy crap look at the results. Conor, Steve, and Josh were on the same lap to the very end. And, Aaron and Chad were only 1 lap down fighting for position. To say it was anyone's race is an understatement by far. Then to the big show, Stock A. Rodney clearly dominated the field and took the win. But, let me tell ya......Wade, Pedro, and Landon were close on his heels. That was a truly clean race even with all the paint swapping going on.

The day was finished out with the 70-Turn LM class. Aaron narrowly ousted Mike again for the win in the C-Main and bumped to the B. But once in the B, he couldn't quite catch up to Chad. Chad led the race from beginning to end fending off Steve and Conor for the win and the bump. However, when the A started............it was all about Rodney once again. Pedro, Wade, and Landon got close, but no cigar. Rodney never gave up the lead from the first lap to the last lap, taking the win.

I think if Rodney comes back next year, we'll make a new set of rules just for him :rolleyes:. In fact I've already started drafting them:
1. Rodney will only be allowed the use of one hand while racing.
2. Rodney will only be allowed to have one set of batteries for the day.
3. Rodney will only be allowed to use box stock cars, no hopups at all.
4. All brushes shall be removed from his motors.
5. Rodney will have to start ten laps down in every class.
6. Rodney may be required to start the race with a disassembled car.
7. Rodney will have to dodge Track Marshall's feet trying to stomp his car.
8. Rodney will not be allowed to eat or drink anything for the entire day.
9. Rodney will not be allowed to use the restroom at any time.
10. And if he's still winning, one rear tire must be removed for the duration of the race.

The sad part is, he'd probably still beat most of us :eek:. Either way, we all had a great time and hope to do it again soon :D. HSH is the place to be.....stiff competition, good racing, and great friends :). Can't wait til next time, results are attached.

James

pick
2009.09.27, 06:38 PM
Couldn't attach them all in the first post.

pedrocamp
2009.09.28, 11:59 AM
Comes back next year? He lives here! Are we shipping Rodney off to some other area so we get a chance to win during our regular weekly races? I will chip in for the Two Men and a Truck! If he stays I think we should institute at least 5 of your "parity" proposals. I, unfortunately have run out of "equipment" excuses.
Great fun though. Thanks to Jim and Vicki for opening up their store and their gracious hospitality. Thanks to Andy for timing and announcing and to all involved in setting up the event. Thanks to all the MBMZR guys, and girls, who made it up to the race. Thanks to HSH, PN, Reflex and Vasquez Painting for the prizes.

Traveler
2009.10.01, 08:46 AM
James, Excellent write-up as usual! Thanks!

Now how about some pictures of the event guys? I saw a lot of snapping going on. Lets get some posted here.

hrdrvr
2009.10.01, 09:07 AM
Sorry its taken me so long to get onto this thread again :D Ive been real busy with trying to get things sorted for the enduro, but that doesnt mean I didnt enjoy myself or appreciate the event you guys put on.

It was an awesome day of racing! The event ran smooth and quick without any delays. Attitudes were nearly perfect, competition was stiff, and the comradery was a blast! I love this little interclub rivavlry weve got going on, and I hope we can build on it, and continue to get together on a regular basis. Rodney has become my new Hank :D I wanna be like you someday Rodney! Ive had great events where I stood tall, and ran very well, but Ive never seen any one totally dominate any event like that! TQ and victor in every class..WOW....I atleast got something from Hank each time I raced with him :D

Anyway, I totally enjoyed it, and am lookng forard to doing it again. I hope y'all dont wait another 18 months for that to happen :D Hopefully it paid off for Jim and Vicki, and theyll be game for doing it again soon! Id hate to name names and leave some one out, so Ill just say thanks to every one was involved, no matter the level of involvement! That goes for every one who worked the event, as well as the guys who just showed up and raced! Thanks a ton!

Also, its always a pleasure to meet new people in the hobby! You guys at HSH have it unbelivably good with your group. A large, active, fast group who seems to get along very well. It was very nice to meet every one I hadnt before, and of course its always fun to see the familiar faces again :D

hrdrvr
2009.10.14, 09:39 AM
Okay, so I guess no one else is going to link up any pics of this great event :D My mom snapped quite a few pics that day. I jst got sround to getting them up on our PB page, so I figured Id put some here, and post a link to the album.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20090926%20DiabloII%20NC/DSC02638.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20090926%20DiabloII%20NC/DSC02639.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20090926%20DiabloII%20NC/DSC02643.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20090926%20DiabloII%20NC/DSC02645.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20090926%20DiabloII%20NC/DSC02649.jpg

The whole folder: http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20090926%20DiabloII%20NC/

Traveler
2009.10.14, 10:42 AM
Yaay :D Some pictures. Thanks Landon! Glad to hear your Enduro was a success.

pick
2009.10.14, 11:24 AM
Thanks for posting the pics Landon, I don't think anyone else took any :o. We all had a blast and hope to have the SC crew back up in the near future :cool:.

chad508
2009.10.14, 11:43 AM
im ready now. i say we try to meet up every couple months. id like to see yall have another race by the end of the year if at all possible.