PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Question

minittrackmann
2009.08.29, 07:14 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew how to change different objects colors when you are rendering something. Example..

I have a bottom chassis plate and a top chassis plate.. How do I make the top plate different color from the bottom. Thanks hehe

Cody

mikedw
2009.08.30, 07:26 PM
www.renderosity.com has a Rhino forum.

Fovea3d
2009.08.30, 09:13 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew how to change different objects colors when you are rendering something. Example..

I have a bottom chassis plate and a top chassis plate.. How do I make the top plate different color from the bottom. Thanks hehe

Cody

Select object, go to menu: edit/object properties or type F3.
On the panel scroll from object to material then check (assign by) basic and choose your colour. From there you can play with glossiness, transparency, etc.
Don't forget to create a light (casting shadows) :D

minittrackmann
2009.08.30, 11:03 PM
Rhino is so confusing.. Google Sketchup is so good. So easy to learn..

Fovea3d
2009.08.30, 11:12 PM
Rhino is so confusing.. Google Sketchup is so good. So easy to learn..
I know :) But Google Sketchup is so limited. You have nothing without a little effort... For me GS = Bit-charG, Rhino = ASF AWD with all the goodies ;)
Go on with Rhino, you will be rewarded.

color01
2009.08.31, 01:46 AM
And I wholeheartedly agree with Fovea there. :) You could then say that Autodesk Inventor and Solidworks 09 are like the top-level 1/10 brushless TC's, but then those are so hard to deal with interface-wise that it's not worth the effort. Stick with Mini-Z. :p

Sketchup doesn't seem to easily export IGES, DXF or STL files either, so in the long run if you ever want to make something out of your CAD data, you have to go to some other program.

PridgeoK
2009.09.02, 02:19 AM
I haven't used CAD/CAM programs much other than Sketchup for templating those RCP tracks, but ya - I've noticed that exporting using the free version of Sketchup is pretty limitted, for sure... found this though: http://www.guitar-list.com/download-software/convert-sketchup-skp-files-dxf-or-stl

Don't know if that helps anyone though... :rolleyes:

Kev.

ProfoxCG
2009.09.03, 12:28 AM
good find. I use inventor i like it