PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a decision

TannerT
2009.08.30, 06:56 PM
After selling most of my Xmod stuff. I have enough $$ to buy a Mini-96..... I have 2 MR02s, a Lexus SC430 and a Aston Martin DBR9. Both of them are on blocks so to say.. They both need new tires, tire tape, some correct offset
rims and a few other misc parts. I don't want to spend money on tires suited for carpet, then get a RCP track, because I would have to buy the proper tires for that also. So I'm kinda stuck. With that money, I could also buy quite a few Micro-t hop ups, a AWD Z or maybe a 2.4 conversion kit. As of now I don't know what to do. Any help/comments/advice is appreciated. Thanks.

JeremyC
2009.08.30, 07:06 PM
What is your goal? Do you want to race with buddies, or just have fun with your cars?

It seems like you want to 'upgrade' to ASF or AWD, but also you seem to want racing stuff.. Which is it?

TannerT
2009.08.30, 07:42 PM
What is your goal? Do you want to race with buddies, or just have fun with your cars?

It seems like you want to 'upgrade' to ASF or AWD, but also you seem to want racing stuff.. Which is it?

There's no one in my area that has a mini-z, so it would just be me. And I don't have a LHS with a track :( Eventually I would like to compete in racing events, but until then I would just practice on my track If I decide to purchase one.
Honestly I would like them all, but that won't happen right now. I would probably only drift the AWD, so I might not race it, not sure atm. I think I would go 2.4 when I start competing in events. So I suppose I like racing stuff the best right now.

Eman
2009.08.30, 11:53 PM
Get the track. I was in a similar situation as far as not having a local track to race at. My friends and I all raced in the garage. The cars would take too much damage to the bodies and get hella dirty fast. So I bought the Mini 96. Actually they sent me the wrong track but I kept it instead of sending it back. I've added two expansion kits and a large radius corner kit since then. I'm glad I bought. I've got close to $500 in the track and don't regret it at all. My wife on the other hand thinks I'm an idiot.

briankstan
2009.08.31, 08:34 AM
I'd say that to really enjoy driving a Z you need to drive it on a track. The RCP track is the best out there for sure for the Mini-z. if you are limited on the space I would say get the Mini-96, if you really want to open the cars up and see what they can you you should consider the Wide L track, or a mini-96 and plan on adding an expansion kit.

for starters just get the track and some wheels correct offset for the bodies and some tires. PN and Kyosho have some good tires, but it really depends on your area what the correct tires are.

for a good starting point I like this tire combo.

Rear: Kyosho 20's
Front: PN 15's

if you have to much grip you need to go with a higher #, if you need more grip go with a lower #.

most importantly is just have fun doing it. :D