PDA

View Full Version : toe-in & camber

oopster
2009.09.01, 08:36 PM
I normally run my bigger cars with about 1-2 degree toe in. On my z's, I need to do this too, but I can't remember which is which off hand or without looking.

I want 2 degree toe-in, so I need to know if that is +2 or -2 for my MR02 and F1.

Also, is the biigest camber degree 3 degress? As I normally run 4.

Thanks

If you don't ask the stupid questions, you don't get the stupid answers!

bmxtrev
2009.09.01, 09:09 PM
well, if you have the kyosho tie rod set, 2* toe-in would be the tie rod with a 4 on it i believe. negative toe is toe out ( -2) and positve toe is toe in ( +2)

as for camber, the highest degree i've seen for the mr-02 is 3 degrees. most people use 1 or 2 degrees though, because higher than that usually is too much, and makes the tires wear unevenly. i think for awd the camber goes up higher ;)

have fun with your z!

oopster
2009.09.01, 09:14 PM
the reason I ask about the toe in, is becuase on one car, the bar is behind the wheels, so would require a +/- bar, but the other car, would need the same number but opposite, so one plus, and one negative.

VAzRACER
2009.09.01, 09:43 PM
On the PN toe bars for MR-02, negitive is toe out and positive is toe in. It should be opposite on the F1. Since PN doesnt make F1 toe bars there is nothing to verify this, other companies may do it different. I have only used 0 toe on my F1 with the atomic bar, atomic has the toe out F1 bars listed as negative. It looks like they number them opposite of PN. I know GPM makes toe in and toe out bars for F1 but I have never seen them in person.

VAzRACER
2009.09.01, 09:47 PM
I dont use the Kyosho bars but I know they are numbered 2,4,6. 2 is .5toe in,4 is 1.0 toe in and 6 is 1.5 toe in. I think the F1 kyosho bars are the same. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Programmers
2009.09.02, 03:34 AM
most people use 1 or 2 degrees though, because higher than that usually is too much, and makes the tires wear unevenly. i think for awd the camber goes up higher ;)
Yeah, I also read that anything more than a 2* camber isn't very good and is unnesasary at this scale.

The AWD goes up to 4.5 I think... :rolleyes:

As for F1 knuckles - Try avoid atomic. It will be a massive mistake. They really bad quality and messed up my F1. GPM knuckles are better, surprisingly. PN are the best though, I've read.

oopster
2009.09.02, 07:53 AM
I've used a lot of Atomic stuff on my Blaze, and the quality tends to vary wildly from being really to being a pile of pants really. I think the current camber on my 02, is 3 degrees (the one I had of your dad Tom) so I'll get a smaller one as I do tend to be hard on my tyres anyway.

Think the simplest thing for me to do, is buy two from the same manufacturer, but I need to get them and get them fitted before the 20th. The reason I'm going for more toe-in though, is there is so much "slop" in the steering on the 02 moreso, but this might haev been it wearing down.