PDA

View Full Version : PN LCG Motor Mount body height problem

JeremyC
2009.09.08, 07:54 AM
I was given a PN LCG v1 motor mount, and have a problem with body ride height. I only have the '1' axle ride height adjusters, and have them oriented right side up. I know that Part # MR2294A is a replacement set of the ride height adjuster, but I don't think adding back that 0.45mm is going to make enough of a difference.

Should I just move the body mount? If so, any recommendations?

These picture were taken with a very stiff h-plate and no batteries installed.

With '1' upright:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28039&stc=1&d=1252410291

With '1' upside down:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28040&stc=1&d=1252410291

With '1' upright, and front body clip lowered 2.5mm, which then causes the body clip to scrape:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28041&stc=1&d=1252410291

Body clearancing:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28042&stc=1&d=1252410291

cowboysir
2009.09.08, 08:38 AM
If you don't have different axle guides you could either reposition the side clips or shim your T-Plate attached to the chassis (not the motor mount0. I've had this problem and until i got some different guides I used a broken T-plate end to shim the chassis and raise the ride height.

JeremyC
2009.09.08, 04:25 PM
If you don't have different axle guides you could either reposition the side clips or shim your T-Plate attached to the chassis (not the motor mount0. I've had this problem and until i got some different guides I used a broken T-plate end to shim the chassis and raise the ride height.

Good idea bout using a broken T-Plate to raise the chassis/body.. I'm leaning toward moving the side clips. Even if I had the '2' axle guides I can only raise it another 0.5mm. I guess that might be the difference, as the rear bumper is about 1.0mm up and the side skirt is 1.5mm

I guess I need to clearance the rear more?

-Jer

EMU
2009.09.08, 09:21 PM
The Enzo body sits pretty low... I usually grind away a bit of the back. On new unpainted bodies, I test fit the body with the clips double sided taped in before I glue them. This way I can see how much clearance there is. I usually mount the side clips a little lower than an autoscale, so I can raise the body slightly. This allows you to more easily lower the chassis with the diff height adjustment spacers.

I would just shave a little more of the body, as long as your wheels dont rub the body, and the body doesnt rub the track... you should be fine.

JeremyC
2009.09.08, 09:46 PM
The Enzo body sits pretty low... I usually grind away a bit of the back. On new unpainted bodies, I test fit the body with the clips double sided taped in before I glue them. This way I can see how much clearance there is. I usually mount the side clips a little lower than an autoscale, so I can raise the body slightly. This allows you to more easily lower the chassis with the diff height adjustment spacers.

I would just shave a little more of the body, as long as your wheels dont rub the body, and the body doesnt rub the track... you should be fine.

I can easily remove more of the body, but it is hard to get back on. :)

I took the side clips out of the body, and am going to move them down about 1.25mm. The difference between my hard and soft H-plate on body clearance is huge, at least 1.0mm in droop difference. I want to set it up so I can try the soft, but not make the hard run any higher than necessary..

-Jer

JeremyC
2009.09.09, 01:16 PM
I can easily remove more of the body, but it is hard to get back on. :)

I took the side clips out of the body, and am going to move them down about 1.25mm. The difference between my hard and soft H-plate on body clearance is huge, at least 1.0mm in droop difference. I want to set it up so I can try the soft, but not make the hard run any higher than necessary..

-Jer

After searching around, it seems that the droop on the Kyosho FRP plates is big enough that a top shock is required. That is why I'm seeing such a big difference between ride height of the extra hard SSG T and medium FRP plate.

Regardless, I'm going to raise the body a little bit.