PDA

View Full Version : Eflite MSR

marc
2009.09.11, 04:43 PM
Eflite's newest MSR. This is a very neat little helicopter.
It is a same size as the MCX, and shares the same swash plate. It is a step up from the MCX in that as you notice, it is NOT co-axial type! This is more conventional type helicopter with the fly-bar at that odd angle of which tends to help with stability. Dad and I are not sure why this helicopter has succeeded where other micro's have failed. Perhaps Eflite has learned from the other's?
This is definitely one worth getting. Comes in both RTF and BTF models. Ready to fly comes with everything you need. Bind To Fly is just the helicopter, charger, and two lipo batteries. What's more, is the charger is very unique in that it has the ability to charge four batteries at once! I posted some photo's for you, and even did a little video of it. While it's an easy bird to fly, it was not easy keeping it in video-view! LOL! Enjoy!
Here it is next to my 1/43 Dnano.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/Eflite%20MCX%20Blade/DSC09774.jpg http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/Eflite%20MCX%20Blade/DSC09775.jpg http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/Eflite%20MCX%20Blade/DSC09776.jpg
And, here's a link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtLjJoscxKk

JeremyC
2009.09.11, 06:28 PM
Just watched the video, that thing is awesome.. I want an indoor heli :)

-Jer

marc
2009.09.11, 09:31 PM
If your not used to helicopters, start with their MCX, then get the MSR. The MSR is a lot more stable than I shown it in the video, just hard to keep it center for filming! :D

Old Crow
2009.10.05, 07:57 PM
Got to say, this heli is awesome. Everything I thought the Kyosho Caliber 120 would have been, this delivered. Hours of fun :D

mk2kompressor
2009.10.06, 03:42 AM
i just got an mcx:)
wicked heli!

Skv012a
2009.10.06, 10:22 AM
Hows the runtime and how well would it fare outside? For $180 it looks like a very interesting lil thing.

Old Crow
2009.10.06, 10:56 AM
Hows the runtime and how well would it fare outside? For $180 it looks like a very interesting lil thing.

Runtime I would say is a solid 10-15 minutes. You do get two batteries with it, which is great. I would suggest if you can afford it up front, at least a extra battery. Give yourself as much room as possible, very slight input is needed. Outside would be great, but need very little, or no wind. This has alot of power and control for it's size, but is very light weight and is effected by wind, in or outside alot.

Skv012a
2009.10.07, 12:58 AM
Runtime I would say is a solid 10-15 minutes. You do get two batteries with it, which is great. I would suggest if you can afford it up front, at least a extra battery. Give yourself as much room as possible, very slight input is needed. Outside would be great, but need very little, or no wind. This has alot of power and control for it's size, but is very light weight and is effected by wind, in or outside alot.

Hmm. I'm intrigued by the radio and size, also the fact that RTF comes with EVERYTHING you'd need unlike our RTR Zs. I'd really have to debate whether I'd use this kinda thing enough to justify 180$. Thanks for the input and overviews.

marc
2009.10.07, 12:24 PM
It also comes with a unique battery charger that can charge up to four of those little lipos at once. It is a very awesome helicopter and having loads of fun with mine. Dad picked up another one for himself when he was on his recent trip to California, so now the original one is mine. :D
Only downside of this helicopter, is with it's easy of flying it, it can make you feel over-confidant which can be a bad thing when your tempted to fly harder helicopters! :D
At least with this little guy, I can hover sideways, and nose-in which I haven't been able to do as well with other birds.
And I definitely agree with your statement, where all other micro conventional helicopters have failed, this one has succeeded beyond expectations. Dad and I think Eflite have learned from other's mistakes and really put a lot of thought and design into this one.

JuniorWKR
2009.10.07, 12:39 PM
there are about 12 guys at our lhs that have them and we race them every sun at 1... we set up hulahoops a cage and obstacles and we use the core system to time the laps... we launch from the heli landing pad and land back in the same spot... the hulahoops have lights in them that light up if they are hit... this will add 5 secs to your lap time... then at the end of the day its a full on battle leaving the last man standing the winner... hit the ground once and your out...

Old Crow
2009.10.07, 12:47 PM
there are about 12 guys at our lhs that have them and we race them every sun at 1... we set up hulahoops a cage and obstacles and we use the core system to time the laps... we launch from the heli landing pad and land back in the same spot... the hulahoops have lights in them that light up if they are hit... this will add 5 secs to your lap time... then at the end of the day its a full on battle leaving the last man standing the winner... hit the ground once and your out...

Might have to check this out sometime....

addicted
2009.10.07, 01:22 PM
haha that racing sounds like awesome fun! :)
i've got an S006 Alloy Shark (cant remember who made it, which is a fair bit larger than this (around twice the size of a Mini-Z which is awesome to fly!)

JuniorWKR
2009.10.07, 01:27 PM
we put the core cards on the bottom of the landing gear... we do this purely for fun... we bust each others chops by either shooting rubberbands at the helis and Majs shop has these riduculous ceiling fans so to create some atmosphere we will turn them on when someone gets close to the hula hoops.. we also wait for the fans to slow down and then we see who is the first one that can land on the moving blade... keep in mind the fans are 20 feet in the air... lots of fun for a couple of hours on sun... seeing at least 10 of these in the air at one is really something to see in person... its like swatting at mosquitos... haha... then maj sneeks into his office fires up his trex 250 and comes firing out taken all of us out... if he gets his ship above urs ur going to the ground

marc
2009.10.07, 01:55 PM
Be sure to stock up on lot's of spare blade-grips. I've broken two sets so far. While these helicopters are certainly durable, the blade-grips are the weakest point it seems.
Good news is though, that Micro-Heli is in the process of producing aluminum upgrades for this wonderful heli.
I have two aluminum upgrades for my MCX from Micro-Heli and they are very nice. So, I'm really looking forward to what Micro-Heli will do for the MSR.
Also, MIA Micro-Flight will produce parts for it as well.

Skv012a
2009.10.07, 10:42 PM

Stop... tempting me! XD

JuniorWKR
2009.10.08, 01:18 PM
its a no brainer....

by next year they will have that thing doing 3d... i cant wait for that...

Cherub1m
2009.10.08, 02:38 PM
its a no brainer....

by next year they will have that thing doing 3d... i cant wait for that...

Check Manuel Campos flying this Walkera 4g3 Double Brushless Mirco heli. Its just barely longer then the MSR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCg1Bk_HFY

another vid all stock Walkera 4g3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VW8wkNOwc&feature=related

marc
2009.10.09, 11:42 AM
Well, they've got one part done so far!
http://www.microheli.com/index.php?cPath=2919&osCsid=656c1970ec8cceeb89bc1cef6857ac95