PDA

View Full Version : Kt18 randomly stopped working >:(

bmxtrev
2009.09.12, 06:14 PM
So I was just using my kt18 last night. It was working fine, and when i was done using it, I took the batteries out and put it away in it's foam case like I always do. But today when I put the batteries in and turned it on, nothing happened. No beep or light. I tried fresh batteries, as well as swapping battery packs with my friends kt18, whose I know was working lol. So Wtf happened? Lol Im starting to get pretty mad, because I just replaced a blown board a few days earlier. Can anyone explain how to fix it, or wth happened? :(

thanks
trev

bmxtrev
2009.09.13, 10:44 PM
Well,
I took the thing apart today, and was suprised to find that nothing looked fried or damaged. Also nothing smelled fried either. I'm gonna run a multimeter through it to see if I can find what's wrong, and hopefully it repairable
just thought I'd update, please comment if you can offer any kind of help.

trev

Phil Trieu
2009.09.25, 02:29 PM
The same thing happend to me. I took it all apart and put a voltmeter to it and checked to see if it was the switch, or the battery connection, or the wires. The unit was getting the full 4.8v's when on, but nothing was happening. Nothing was fried and everything was in mint condition as well. So I had to buy a new one. :( Let me know if you solve the issue. I will probably just send my old one back to kysosho for them to replace.

marc
2009.10.13, 07:19 PM
I just received my KT-18 today as part of my Dnano's starter kit. It was shutting off intermittently which was getting pretty annoying when your trying to bind cars. I found out that it was a loose connection from the battery tray to the power terminal inside the transmitter.
I took it apart and simply stretched out those battery spring posts and now it works perfectly.
I don't know if this will help you or not, but I too was getting frustrated with mine and was about to toss it across the room! That, is never a good idea!

Guystill
2011.07.13, 03:06 PM
hi, my KT-18 has also stopped working. the light comes on, though no bleeping at all and pairing doesnt work at all, anything i can do?

ChiMiniRc
2011.07.14, 01:10 AM
I've had 3 of these do this now. I was thinking it might be that spring connector. Please share if anyone finds out anything else.

imxlr8ed
2011.07.14, 11:02 AM
The battery holder is strange... one side has a spring, the other has a bent metal spring tab. The metal tab fails to make contact with the battery sometimes. I've bent the tab out on mine and they all work fine now. The holder seems to hold the cells tight enough that they will not make contact with the tab side... just bend it back out.

Also... noticed that my one controller had the throttle trim button stuck down under the chassis of the radio. It would turn on, give me a light but it wouldn't work.

I have one right now where the throttle cuts out at full pull... I have no idea why.

Hope this helps.

mleemor60
2011.07.14, 11:30 AM
Try backing up the throttle high point a few clicks.

ChiMiniRc
2011.08.13, 09:42 PM
hi, my KT-18 has also stopped working. the light comes on, though no bleeping at all and pairing doesnt work at all, anything i can do?

I now have a radio that does this now. The light comes on but no beep. I tried a reset and that didn't do anything either.

Also, when I disassembled the radio, a rather thick silver washer was found but I don't know where it belongs for re-assembly. Anyone know where this belongs?

civilian
2011.11.01, 01:52 PM
same here, got more than 1 and no visible damage.
dont know what to do till now...:(

Cherub1m
2011.11.01, 03:26 PM

I have had that happen to me twice. I had to send the Tx back to get re re-flashed once re-lashed I've had such problems anymore. My son has been using it for about one year now with no problems.

the Mini module inside was the problem in my case. It's the exact same Mini Module has the one on the Helios. has and aside, Ko re-flashed my Ko Mini Module once now works like a charm.