Santy
2009.09.25, 05:32 PM
why isnt there a feedback section?

addicted
2009.09.25, 06:50 PM
feedback for what? :O

kryten
2009.09.25, 07:09 PM
If you mean for the Marketplace,generally people post in the thread for the item they bought,once they receive it.

arch2b
2009.09.25, 07:25 PM
feedback for members, in terms of reputation?

i've seen way to many of these 'feedback' forums end up nothing but online points to bicker about he said, she said. you rarely end up with much useful information rather ranting threads and bitter arguments over sales gone wrong. i prefer to keep all that off the forum.

Santy
2009.09.25, 10:16 PM
good point, only reason i asked was that i had a great deal with a member, an wanted to let people know he was a good guy to trust

arch2b
2009.09.25, 10:44 PM
you can post a nice reply to their marketplace post :)

Skv012a
2009.09.25, 11:01 PM
you can post a nice reply to their marketplace post :)

I'd only suggest a system that XmodSource forums use- market place-only feedback. Each point includes a brief description of that transaction from both parties and a link to the pertaining thread. I like that thing because you don't have to dig through heaps of threads just to see whether the seller/buyer is reputable or not.

As far as general reputation system, I wholeheartedly agree- its absolutely useless.

paul_england
2009.09.26, 05:32 AM
tbh i think most people just judge weather they are reputable by their postcount.

bermbuster
2009.09.26, 08:43 AM
tbh i think most people just judge weather they are reputable by their postcount.

Reputable as a seller is something someone has/is from there upbringing. It has nothing to do with postcount. Back in the old days you would make a deal face to face.....now it is computer to computer. Whatever you do in life treat the other like you want to be treated aka the golden rule.....

In this forum scammers dont last because word of mouth travels fast.....

paul_england
2009.09.26, 09:27 AM
this is what i mean by postcount, if they managed to get over say 500 posts they must have not been scamming or they would have been banned before reaching this point, although a feedback system would be a good idea.

kryten
2009.09.26, 10:12 AM

Postcount is NOT the best way to tell.Take this as an example,which you yourself had problems with. Click me. (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28970)

This is part of the reason why the 50 posts rule exists in the marketplace,the idea is by the time you have reached 50 you will know the site fairly well and have seen plenty of deals go through and feedback left in those threads.

marc
2009.09.26, 10:37 AM
I appreciate it when people tell me that they have received their items purchased from me and that they are happy. But I don't think an ebay-feedback score is necessary in a forum like this.
If the buyer wishes to leave a positive feedback that is great.

arch2b
2009.09.26, 12:12 PM
this is what i mean by postcount, if they managed to get over say 500 posts they must have not been scamming or they would have been banned before reaching this point, although a feedback system would be a good idea.

post count, to me, is not a good marker of ones knowledge or reputation exactly. it serves it's purpose to show extent of interaction with which others are provided an opportunity to gauge your worth so to speak. this goes along with what kryten is saying.

but in terms of knowledge and reputation, post count means nothing. :) i say this with a smile as i can clearly point to a valid example.
would you rather read cristian's posts or mine? i don't think anyone's post count comes close to mine and likely never will. at the same time, i can tell you honestly that members like cristian offer far more content in what they've posted than i have, proportionally. id like to think i've offered some very good content in the course of my record setting post count but proportionally, it doesn't come close. i'm posting frequently by necessity many times, etc. etc. it's clear to anyone and everyone that cristian knows and can explain in far more detail information regarding various aspects of this hobby than i can.

it always gets me when on other forums, members celebrate post counts like some rite of passage or that it elevates them to some higher level of reputation. in reality, that little number means absolutely nothing other than you've posted that specific number of times. in vain, i've tried to point this out only to get angry rebuttles with juvenile reasoning.

marc
2009.09.26, 12:18 PM
It's not how much you say, it's what you say.

bermbuster
2009.09.26, 01:02 PM
quality is always better than quanity......:cool:

Being scammed has varying degrees as well.....
outright rip off (never ships)
misrepresentation of quality (this is my favorite)
What is New??? Did you ever see some ads New MR015 only driven 10 minutes.....
Damage in shipping
Slow shipping

All the above except the outright rip off can be sorted through w the proper questions and pictures.

pfcparts
2009.09.26, 01:04 PM
Ontario, why am I not surprised. :D

Positive feedback in threads is always appreciated.

-----

A feedback section could potentially help the ease
in researching sellers.

As is the current set up is less labor intensive and
works. Even if there were a feedback section,
I'd venture to guess 70-80% wouldn't even bother.

Weird dichotomy in that you want to keep the person's
interest fresh and nurture it, but at the same time you
want to protect them.

-----

I think 50 posts is a stupid idea: the reality is you can't
protect them.

If someone's looking to scam, whatever amount of
posts can't protect the buyer. On the flip side of that
we also have the run of the mill nutjobs every now
and then, so sellers aren't protected either, no matter
what the post count.

As is, the buyer already has to do their own research
in wading through posts... why compound that in forcing
them to go to 50... I'm pretty sure I'm not in the minority
in having good sales with some stand up guys with lower post
counts.

Maybe a recommendation for them to read up on the
seller (hopefully verified) or a quick pm to past buyers
(most people here are really cool about that) would be
better than an absurdly random post count.

I suppose the only thing we can do now is what we have
been doing; post feedback in threads when possible, be
vigil for each other and of course, post crap to get to
50... :p

parts

marc
2009.09.26, 01:45 PM
See parts, that is one problem I see with the 50 post rule. Some people just post junk to get their quota. It should be noted that the 50 post's should be of something valid rather than just a number. If you just post to post for quota sake, it shouldn't count in my opinion.

arch2b
2009.09.26, 01:55 PM
you can read back through the last 50 posts of a member to determine if they are worthless or not yourself.

members with less than 50 can always ask a moderator for permission. this has been done countless times. yes, at times well respected but infrequent posting members do sell items and they still have been able to do so. it just requires vetting by a moderator.

it's not perfect, i get it. it's what we have and what has served us well for a very long time. were always open to suggestions however :)

Santy
2009.09.26, 04:59 PM
i wasn't talking about a ebay style feedback, i was talking more along the lines of, theres a thread of your "screen name" and people post good or bad things in it

here is an example
http://www.teknotik.com/jdmrides/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29

its vary simple and it works

i dont look a post counts, i have maybe 50 and ive done alot of deals with members and have no problems

scott

arch2b
2009.09.26, 05:10 PM
these are the types of threads that i feel simply lead to wasted space. it's all good provided the replies are good. once they go bad, it almost always degenerates to wasted space. more often than not, this is what happens thus my dislike for this method.

Santy
2009.09.26, 05:24 PM
what method would be good for the site then?

arch2b
2009.09.26, 05:32 PM
as has been suggested, post feedback replies to the posts.

Santy
2009.09.26, 05:53 PM
i don't want to come off as a *******, but dont those threads become trash?

arch2b
2009.09.26, 05:57 PM
no. they simply don't get replies and fall back off the page due to lack of activity.

bermbuster
2009.09.26, 11:11 PM
what method would be good for the site then?

the best for the sight/seller is what we currently have...
the best for the member/buyer would make it complicated for the sight....

As a buyer the best thing you can do is ask questions. When dealing dont assume anything......

this sight is a forum for questions/answers related to mini z s the for sale section is really a hook to try and attract members.
The for sale section is really a dream for true sellers....
free ads a huge memberbase for potential purchases. A free place for private messages....

Me I dont really sell things but I use the for sale section to gauge what things are worth what is good and what is bad....

arch2b
2009.09.27, 12:11 AM
i doubt the marketplace is the hook you think it is. we've been the largest mini-z forum long before the marketplace was formalized. i'm sure it draws some to sell but those that do that typically don't stick around. think of them as transient members, they come and go.

our hook is the relative lack of trouble, general atmosphere of mutual respect and participation from some of the top people in the mini-z community. we build a better community and the members will come naturally. we don't need gimicks :)

bermbuster
2009.09.27, 09:10 AM
i doubt the marketplace is the hook you think it is. we've been the largest mini-z forum long before the marketplace was formalized. i'm sure it draws some to sell but those that do that typically don't stick around. think of them as transient members, they come and go.

our hook is the relative lack of trouble, general atmosphere of mutual respect and participation from some of the top people in the mini-z community. we build a better community and the members will come naturally. we don't need gimicks :)

Looks like Mini Z racer uses a treble hook.......:D

Draconious
2009.09.27, 10:15 AM
Post counts are definatly not the way, I have a high post count, but I tend to take for ever to ship things out. :)

On another forum I once went to often, it is usually the anal-clique group that has the high post counts, due to private chats to each other, and at least half of the 20 or so in the clique are complete... well lets just use our imaginations on this child friendly server ;)

paul_england
2009.09.27, 11:19 AM
i wasnt saying the best way of ensuring a safe deal was to check their post count, i said most people judge it by their post count

myself when they have alot of posts, i tend to check not their posts, but their threads to check for previous sales.

byebye
2009.10.07, 01:34 AM
Post count is also a show of face. If I'm on here often and post often that means I have a pretty good interest in the hobby and the forum. It's that genuine interest that builds the character of the member and helps buyers better determine if this person is here to support the hobby or just here to build up the 50 posts to make a quick buck and move on.

I think feedback in the original FS thread is good enough. It confines the feedback for that particular sale to that particular thread and that particular transaction. Everyone makes mistakes and we can't let one bad transaction skew the members integrity across the board.

Kris

marc
2009.10.07, 01:57 PM
We all do our best efforts and in the end it's up to the post office to deliver the goods!
Half the time it's "them" that screws up things, not us.

bermbuster
2009.10.11, 01:25 PM
We all do our best efforts and in the end it's up to the post office to deliver the goods!
Half the time it's "them" that screws up things, not us.

thats why you use delivery confirmation ......(best 70 cents you spend for shipping)
Marc just remember you chose them as the shipper....so you do still have a responsibility.....
My profession I rely on timely deliveries of equiptment, parts and documentation. Speedy delivery costs $$$ and I always give my customers options....Good solid communication is key......:D

arch2b
2009.10.11, 02:47 PM
if your at all concerned about the item, use delivery confirmation. we've put together MANY tools and information sources in the marketplace tools that people should take care to read.

i'm willing to bet 80% of all complaints are a result of a lack of communication.

i beg to differ on the shipping responsibility. if i pay usps with d.c. to ship and item and it's lost, i don't feel i'm in any way liable for said item. just like fedex or ups delivering to the wrong address. this is why shipping agencies offer delivery confirmation, insurance, etc.

now, if you choose not to use any safeguards, your only putting yourself in a terrible position of not being able to confirm anything other than maybe your receipt which may or may not offer a package number. i, like others, HIGHLY suggest you use delivery confirmation at the very least.

i've actually had a deal go bad in which delivery confirmation confirmed it was shipped but the buyer swore they never got it. it was not a big item or high value so i refunded the money but i don't feel i was obligated in anyway to do so. i had proof his address had received it. that was sufficient for me but in the interest of avoiding a public posted fiasco, i just made it go away. unfortunately i think many sellers find themselves in the same situation dispite taking precautions. feedback can be just as easily abused as it can be to help.

bermbuster
2009.10.11, 06:46 PM
i beg to differ on the shipping responsibility. if i pay usps with d.c. to ship and item and it's lost, i don't feel i'm in any way liable for said item. just like fedex or ups delivering to the wrong address. this is why shipping agencies offer delivery confirmation, insurance, etc.

now, if you choose not to use any safeguards, your only putting yourself in a terrible position of not being able to confirm anything other than maybe your receipt which may or may not offer a package number. i, like others, HIGHLY suggest you use delivery confirmation at the very least..

I see us agreeing ( i said a responsibility, not full responsibility)....as long as you communicate and use d.c. that is the extent of your responsibility. If you are sending anything of real value you give the option to insure it....
When your the seller the buyer is your customer and if you want that good
feedback you have to make them happy....:cool:

arch2b
2009.10.11, 06:50 PM
yes, you do want a good customer.

again, communication is the most common problem of all transactions. email is cheap and easy. no excuses. you can send email from cell phones now.

arch2b
2009.10.25, 01:21 PM
trial period (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)... if this goes well and people follow the rules it may remain. if it proves more of a hassle for moderators, it's gone. again, i don't want moderators voluntering thier time babysitting subject matter not pertaining to the forum.