PDA

View Full Version : Track question

TannerT
2009.09.28, 08:37 AM
I will be receiving my track in a couple of days and I have a question. The area that the track will be, has lots of moisture. We have a dehumidifier that we try and run most of the time, but there is still a fair amount of moisture. Will this affect the track at all? Like grip, track life, stuff like that. Thanks

briankstan
2009.09.28, 09:39 AM
from my experience the moisture will help with grip, it wont' harm the track in any way.

I actually occasionally mist my track with a spray bottle to bring up traction. Enjoy your track.

RCPMini-z
2009.09.28, 10:28 AM
Yes, Brian is correct. The moisture shouldn't cause any issues. Just don't take the tracks outside in the hot sun if they are wet or moist. If you use them outside, make sure the tracks tiles are kept dry.

Draconious
2009.09.28, 11:22 AM
The only problem I can see is the possibility of mold... as long as mold is not a factor in your track area it should be fine.

I have one foam tile that has a 1" circle of mold growing on it from under the cats dish. I used it for a place mat for my cats food dish cuz his sloppy eating was ruining the carpet... (just found it today)