PDA

View Full Version : Are the KT-18's Any Good?

sower
2009.09.28, 09:41 AM
I have a friend that is looking at going to 2.4 but doesn't know what controller to get or if it's worth it to go beyond the KT-18. I run the helios 2.4 and am a believer in the higher end radios but don't know much about the KT-18. Can anyone tell me their experience with them and if they feel they're any good?

My friend currently drives the standard AM Kyosho radio and got a chance to drive mine and loved the feel. So is the KT-18 a good feel, and what kind of adjustments does it have?

Thanks!

kryten
2009.09.28, 10:49 AM
This has been well covered before.Have a look through the search results Here. (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1766617) :)

sower
2009.09.28, 11:14 AM
Thanks - I'll check it out.

ianc
2009.09.28, 06:48 PM
In a nutshell, the KT-18 is actually pretty good. The chief drawback with it is that you only have one set of config settings, so if you have more than one car, you'll have to remember them and reconfig the controller when switching to the new car. A royal PITA..

ianc

sower
2009.09.28, 10:09 PM
In a nutshell, the KT-18 is actually pretty good. The chief drawback with it is that you only have one set of config settings, so if you have more than one car, you'll have to remember them and reconfig the controller when switching to the new car. A royal PITA..

ianc

Thanks for saving me a bunch of searching. The search function can be good, but doesn't always provide a fast solution. I really appreciate your input.

herman
2009.09.28, 11:12 PM
hi sower... hope this helps...
click here to read my review (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27597&highlight=kt-18+review)

the short of it... it's a pretty ok radio (with some programable functions)... but if you intend to do some racing, i figure a higher end radio would be a good investment...

good luck

sower
2009.09.29, 10:01 AM
hi sower... hope this helps...
click here to read my review (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27597&highlight=kt-18+review)

the short of it... it's a pretty ok radio (with some programable functions)... but if you intend to do some racing, i figure a higher end radio would be a good investment...

good luck

Thanks - that basically confirms what my gut was telling me. I think my Helios spoiled my friend :D

tokeco
2009.10.10, 05:34 PM
KT-18.. Are ok. I seem to struggle with the reverse. Have followed the instructions on the manual to set it up correctly but still no immediate response it takes about 2 seconds for it to react.. It work a little worst than the old AM radios. Does this happen to everyone else?

JeremyC
2009.10.10, 07:23 PM
KT-18.. Are ok. I seem to struggle with the reverse. Have followed the instructions on the manual to set it up correctly but still no immediate response it takes about 2 seconds for it to react.. It work a little worst than the old AM radios. Does this happen to everyone else?

Yes. It isn't the KT-18. It is the ASF board.