PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 11th October Race Meeting (THE BIG ONE)

BrianMidnight
2009.09.30, 07:29 AM
Date & venue booked

Perkins Sports & Social Club,
Tixall Rd,
Stafford,
Staffordshire
ST16 3UB
UK

from 1300hrs until 2200hrs.

Cost for the day will be 8. (newcomers free). This includes hot dogs.

Yes after an absence of over a year (due to a lack of racers),we're back at "Perkins". We'll be racing on the "full monty" ie all the track I've got (5 wide L's, 2 nascar ovals , the 45% kit & all the blank tiles). Please try and support this event to cover the extra cost of hiring the room.

Racing Mini z, Xmod, Iwavers......& F1's.

Club Champs MINI ENDURO (1 hour racer class, stock or modified) during the afternoon on the "full monty" track.
HFAY OLPS Season 8 Races 7 & 8 in the evening (both classes racer & F1). in the evening.

Make sure you bring extension leads for "piggybacking" ,the room is short on power points.

Track construction will take less time the more bodies we have laying it so do your best to be there as close to 1 o'clock as possible.

No kitchen facilities,,,, bring your own food and drink.....no shops nearby.... but the bar is open all day.

Programmers
2009.09.30, 10:16 AM
Lovellehhh Jubbeleehhhh! :D See ya there!

oopster
2009.09.30, 11:16 AM
I'll make it if I can, but not sure if it's one I can make this time, at least not racing.

mk2kompressor
2009.09.30, 02:17 PM
ill try and make this one too:)

BrianMidnight
2009.09.30, 02:33 PM
ill try and make this one too:)

Look forward to seeing you... bring your "mini z goodies" and Nobby :) if you are able to make it.

mk2kompressor
2009.09.30, 03:46 PM
will do:)
just confirmed nobby too

addicted
2009.09.30, 04:51 PM
unlikely i'll be able to get it off work, but i'll check! :(

Programmers
2009.09.30, 05:05 PM
This is what you will be missing...

http://staffordminizracers.co.uk/picture_gallery/2008/display_03-16?id=4

:(

BrianMidnight
2009.09.30, 05:56 PM
This is what you will be missing...

http://staffordminizracers.co.uk/picture_gallery/2008/display_03-16?id=4

:(
Not only the track...... Matt from Rising Sun is racing!!!!!......which means for you AWD setup "suffers".... hands on, face to face advice from Britains top MA-010 expert. I'd deffo throw a sickie.

mk2kompressor
2009.09.30, 06:03 PM
hehe thanks bri but its Bleeding Edge Racing Technology now;)
ill bring my dnano for you too:D

it is an awesome sight to see all that track layed out,you cant miss it!

addicted
2009.10.01, 06:44 AM
wow that track is nice!

chris130256
2009.10.01, 12:20 PM
I'll be there.

addicted
2009.10.04, 12:04 PM
doh, i've got work til 5, so if i came straight away, i'd get there for 6.30 ish, but you're doing the "full monty" track in the afternoon, so i'm not sure whether or not it's worth me coming just for the HFAY, as it'll be all over by 9.30! :(

digger
2009.10.05, 08:58 AM
i'll be there :)

addicted
2009.10.06, 05:24 AM
i think i'll be coming anyway, it's just a shame the track is done that way, and not visa vers a :)

chris130256
2009.10.06, 09:09 AM
i think i'll be coming anyway, it's just a shame the track is done that way, and not visa vers a :)

Good that your coming. Have everything ready to go and you'll get 3 hours of racing.
I'll have a couple of sets of batteries ready for you if you need them. Let me know.
Did you get your motor sorted?

addicted
2009.10.06, 09:56 AM
think the motor seems to be ok, i need to go and get some motor cleaner which ill get on friday, but i've got some motor oil coming in from atomic with a bunch of other stuff (the all important knuckles, but more importantly some batteries! (3 sets of 4), and then ill be good to go!

BrianMidnight
2009.10.06, 10:23 AM
i think i'll be coming anyway, it's just a shame the track is done that way, and not visa vers a :)Great to hear you can make the evening session ;).......the reason the tracks are laid that way round is at the end of the day we are short of "packerupper" persons..... so with just the HFAY track to dismantle "packeruppering" is a lot lot quicker. :D

chris130256
2009.10.06, 10:44 AM
Great to hear you can make the evening session ;).......the reason the tracks are laid that way round is at the end of the day we are short of "packerupper" persons..... so with just the HFAY track to dismantle "packeruppering" is a lot lot quicker. :D

I can stay 'till the end and do my bit of packerupping this month as my wife is away at the weekend!:D

oopster
2009.10.08, 05:04 PM
don't think I'll be able to make it. Gotta get my big car setup and tested for a the end of season race the weekend after, so need some setup time at the outdoor track, and this sunday is going to be the only day I get that will give me the time to asses what parts I need to order.

Tom, will pop round with the F1 whatever I end up doing.

mk2kompressor
2009.10.08, 06:08 PM
we might not stay the whole day as i have work on monday;)

Programmers
2009.10.08, 06:26 PM
Okay, cool sarah. :)

addicted
2009.10.09, 04:34 AM
mk2 you gotta stay there til i get there at least! :P
i need some tips and pointers! :) and those i cant get over a pc screen! :]

mk2kompressor
2009.10.09, 09:50 AM
ill hang around for you,its a bit of a drive for us:)

addicted
2009.10.11, 03:21 AM
doh!
i'm not gonna be able to make it now for family reasons :(
hopefully i can make the next meet otherwise that will suck!
and if someone can, can they speak to "tornado" and ask him if he would like me to post his core tag, as i still have it!
thanks,
matt

Programmers
2009.10.11, 03:53 AM
Will do! Sorry to hear that. See you next month!

Programmers
2009.10.11, 06:41 PM
Great meeting guys! Can't wait to see next months HFAY board results!

Good to see Matt and Nobby and a new face, Rob. :)

Great endurance too!

Here are todays pictures (http://staffordminizracers.co.uk/picture_gallery/2009/gallery_10-11).

Here are todays club championship results (http://staffordminizracers.co.uk/club_championships/2009#heat_ten) and the overall standings (http://staffordminizracers.co.uk/club_championships/2009).

Winning today means that there's no possible way I will come anything less than first... But there's still everything to fight for, for Matt and Brian as there's only 9 points in it before the end of season drops!

I can't believe Matt took a break mid-race today! If he had picked up those extra 4 points over Bri - which he was on for, the gap would be even smaller!!! :eek:

Next month is the last month of this years CC, so better be prepared, aye, fellas? :D

Finally, not that you may have noticed, but the videos section of the site was missing a video I couldn't find. Well, I learnt how to download youtube Videos and here it is: my new monster truck (http://staffordminizracers.co.uk/video_gallery/my_new_monster_truck)!

See ya soon folks!

BrianMidnight
2009.10.11, 07:45 PM
Here are todays pictures (http://staffordminizracers.co.uk/picture_gallery/2009/gallery_10-11).

How long has Harry Hill been racing with us then? :)
but seriously Chris thanks for your recruiting efforts .

chris130256
2009.10.12, 05:51 AM
How long has Harry Hill been racing with us then? :)
but seriously Chris thanks for your recruiting efforts .

I've never been likened to Harry Hill before, usually Pitt or Clooney.:D;)
Great meeting and a large track to die for.
Shame you didn't make Matt, maybe see you this Friday?
Triffic to meet up with Matt (95 laps) Mk2 at last. Hope to see you again soon. Likewise your Brov and Nobby.
Thanks again to Digger for the spares, Tony and Brian for use of the car, and Tom for the lesson in track managment.:D
Finally Terry, if your reading this, try and make it to a future event.

addicted
2009.10.12, 11:59 AM
yea it was a shame i didn't managed to race :(
i need to check when i'm working, but Friday sounds good as i didn't manage to make it to this meet (which i am totally gutted about! :( )
And it was also a shame i didn't manage to meet Mk2, who i originally got the AWD off, and have been asking questions constantly (i bet he get's annoyed :P) throughout!

mk2kompressor
2009.10.12, 02:39 PM
it was great to race with you guys again,we all really enjoyed ourselves:)
the enduro was awesome,my throttle finger was numb 30 mins in though,you missed a good race matt:p
you are all welcome to come and race at the shop when its up and running:D

addicted
2009.10.12, 03:29 PM
where was the shop going to be located?
you should setup certain race nights like they do in america, that would be awesome!

digger
2009.10.14, 06:16 AM
great days racing guys and it was good to meet the RSR guys :)picked up some good advice good to see chris agian always nice to see someone racing old skool style :D oh and tom like i always say i come racing to enjoy myself and meet like minded people not for trophys :D

Programmers
2009.10.14, 07:41 AM
Lol, I wish I was half as laid back as you... I think I'm too serious sometimes lol. :|