PDA

View Full Version : Reflex Racing presents: The North American Endurance Series - 2010

CristianTabush
2009.10.12, 09:19 PM
It starts here:

http://reflexracing.net/amlms.asp

I will be posting up the preliminary rules, etc. on the site page. This is the forum for discussion about the organization and guidelines to the race and championship.

The basis is we have a rule book on which each endurance event is organized. Different clubs will be chosen around the country to host the "official" endurance events at the regional level. Points will be awarded to each team based on finishing position. At the end of the year the best 2 results a team gets will be added together to determine qualification of the top 12-14 teams that will be awarded entry into the 12 hour grand finale race.

Each event will be between 4-6 hours long, with a grand finale 12 hour race at the end of the summer in Houston, TX which will be hosted by Reflex Racing.

arch2b
2009.10.12, 09:25 PM
i'd like to say i appreciate your efforts to get this series off the ground and run with it. i have always wanted this type of series to occur domestically but never had the resources to take it t the next level as you guys have. congratulations and please let me know if there is anything i can do to help. :)

CristianTabush
2009.10.12, 09:37 PM
I really want people to experience this, it is such a "fun" and exciting format that has so many different variables other than just driving fast with a good set-up. It promotes sportsmanship, cooperation, team work, patience on track and off, preparation, skill and of course ENDURANCE. But I also do understand that the best people to organize the event are the local club owners who know their locals best. Reflex will do their best to attend as many events as we can, in an effort to promote this and offer event "coverage" for everyone to see around the world, but I want people to know that this is not governed by Reflex.

The first year I plan to be the head of the organization, writing the majority of the rules and structure by which clubs are to organize their race, but I have every intention to have open election for president of the AMLMS at the end of the year, sometime after the final race. I will not run for election as the head of the organization. So that there are no commercial interests ever implicated with this series. Reflex will keep being a sponsor and supporter of the racing series though.

As for what people can do to help? Spread the word. Get the interest up. Put together a team. Tell your club owner/ organizer to bid for a race. If more than 4-5 races are able to be organized, we will run more, although I do think 5 and a final is probably where the cap will be set at. I would love to have a race in the North East as well, so hint hint at all the peeps up in NYC/NJ area... Let's get the ball rolling, setting early dates along the way so that we can find cheap airfares and hotels so that we can afford going to more races :P

CristianTabush
2009.10.12, 09:43 PM
Places where I would like to see the events happen:

NorCal/SoCal (maybe both)

North East

South East (awarded to MBMZR)

Canada

Mexico City (this is a VERY likely possibility in cooperation with Mini-Z Racing Track)

Houston, TX C'mon guys we go everywhere to race with you, come race with us in Texas, I promise it is not like the Movies. Houston is quite Metropolitan and pretty cheap to travel to!

Scrapper
2009.10.12, 09:49 PM
where is the northeast gonna be

CristianTabush
2009.10.12, 09:53 PM
Not determined yet. Nobody has applied to host it ;)

J-Milz
2009.10.12, 10:18 PM
New York City is a Great place to host this type of race! We have a few great tracks here that can accomadate this event!

CristianTabush
2009.10.12, 10:40 PM
Well, tell your track owners to bid on this and reserve their spot!!! I would love a race up there!

yasuji
2009.10.12, 11:12 PM
where and when does the bidding start?

CristianTabush
2009.10.13, 12:10 AM
Grant, I got you down already. I will come up with a bidding guideline document that each interested club owner/ director can submit. For SoCal, you pretty much have it tied up, so it would be a matter of working on a date and making it official. Once the rules are finalized you can take a look at them and you can start working on your script, and race details (length of race/ number of drivers) which must follow the VERY Simple guidelines and that also must be submitted before the official race flier is published.

yasuji
2009.10.13, 12:48 AM
Grant, I got you down already. I will come up with a bidding guideline document that each interested club owner/ director can submit. For SoCal, you pretty much have it tied up, so it would be a matter of working on a date and making it official. Once the rules are finalized you can take a look at them and you can start working on your script, and race details (length of race/ number of drivers) which must follow the VERY Simple guidelines and that also must be submitted before the official race flier is published.

nice.....cant wait!

JeremyC
2009.10.13, 12:57 AM
This is an awesome idea. I have thought an endurance race would be an great idea, but organized and with teams it is doubly so.

Could you give some general thoughts about the rules? Are the cars going to be LM bodies?

CristianTabush
2009.10.13, 03:24 AM
First post has been edited to include the new rules, the petition form and also the script guidelines.

Red Team
2009.10.13, 05:07 AM
Hello Cristian, wish I live in USA...so many exciting Z races going on and now this ! You're inspiring us all, thanks !

Z_408
2009.10.13, 02:54 PM
CT: Looking forward to it. Will you guys be attending every race also?

MantisMMA
2009.10.13, 03:25 PM
Cristian 22mm is .865 that is the same size as a 53t spur gear. did you mean 24mm?? that =.945. with that being said i am assuming the LM tires are allowed?

CristianTabush
2009.10.13, 03:34 PM
Marcus:
#1 Talk to me in mm. I could care less about the standard system as it makes no sense to me. :P
#2 What are you talking about? I am afraid I do not understand your question. The diameter is for the wheels, not the tires...

And no, I did not mean 24mm... 22mm is the largest any manufacturer makes anyways.

Binh, I will try to attend as many events as I can the first year, to ensure that the format is done correctly. This is one of the reasons why I would want to make only 4-6 events, as my wallet can only afford so much.

CristianTabush
2009.10.13, 03:38 PM
I think that a good option would be to run this even on the same weekend as other events. I.E. PN Regional on Saturday, Endurance race on Sunday, if this would be possible, it would definitely increase turnouts and would stretch people's travel budgets quite a bit...

MantisMMA
2009.10.13, 04:23 PM
Marcus:
#1 Talk to me in mm. I could care less about the standard system as it makes no sense to me. :P
#2 What are you talking about? I am afraid I do not understand your question. The diameter is for the wheels, not the tires...

And no, I did not mean 24mm... 22mm is the largest any manufacturer makes anyways.

Binh, I will try to attend as many events as I can the first year, to ensure that the format is done correctly. This is one of the reasons why I would want to make only 4-6 events, as my wallet can only afford so much.

i thought you were referring to overall dimension with tire, my bad!!

MantisMMA
2009.10.13, 04:25 PM
funny how metric dimension drive me crazy the way std drives you nutz!! 95% of the jobs that come through my shop are in american std SAE.

chad508
2009.10.13, 05:40 PM
I think that a good option would be to run this even on the same weekend as other events. I.E. PN Regional on Saturday, Endurance race on Sunday, if this would be possible, it would definitely increase turnouts and would stretch people's travel budgets quite a bit...

may be hard to run with 2 day events. i know by the end of the 2 pn events i went to the last thing i wanted to do was run 4 more solid hours.

cosmicsoul
2009.10.13, 06:33 PM
Come on Chad don't be such a wussy;)

CristianTabush
2009.10.13, 07:01 PM
I am referring to the events which are held in just 1, not 2 days. This would apply to events that have smaller turn-outs in which it would be possible to do this.

Jay! We missed you at the race...

cosmicsoul
2009.10.13, 07:59 PM
Thanks I hate that I missed it! My wife is still sick with the flu going on 7 days now. Hopefully James and I will be at the next event.

Jay

JeremyC
2009.11.11, 08:42 PM
Are there any rumors about the North East event? I am very interested in this event, and am even considering a trip to TX for the final.

Christian, you might want to consider a "pick-up" type of team for the final, as it will encourage individuals to travel. For example if I'm the only one from my team in NY that wants to go to TX it might be cool to be able to be paired with someone for the final. I don't know how the chassis setup would work, but it is something to think about to increase participation.

-Jeremy

Davey G
2009.12.11, 12:12 PM
Cristian, so the major difference from Last yrs race to this yrs is that there is NO cash payout? THe $30 entry goes straight to the race host? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

CristianTabush
2009.12.11, 12:19 PM
Essentially, yes. A little less price per entry, but no payout. It should cover the costs of the organizer and allow the clubs that host it to make a little bit of money. We want to keep our tracks profitable :)

Scrapper
2009.12.24, 05:32 PM
Are there any rumors about the North East event? I am very interested in this event, and am even considering a trip to TX for the final.

Christian, you might want to consider a "pick-up" type of team for the final, as it will encourage individuals to travel. For example if I'm the only one from my team in NY that wants to go to TX it might be cool to be able to be paired with someone for the final. I don't know how the chassis setup would work, but it is something to think about to increase participation.

-Jeremy

I Agree with you jer

bermbuster
2010.03.28, 11:03 AM
Will there be a NY event???
With the way the season is evolving how will it effect the championship???

CristianTabush
2010.03.28, 03:40 PM
I would love to have a NY event. No clubs have contacted us about hosting one though.

So far, it should not affect the championship whatsoever. We are still planning on having one hosted by Mini-Z Racer.com and also we had discussed on having an event at Net Zone in So Cal as well as one at ILR in NorCal. BY MBMZR Vacating one spot, we should have an event open up in the East Coast. Maj's would be a great place to have one, given that they want to host one.

kevo1036
2010.07.14, 03:44 PM
I'm guessing the Grand Finale race in Houston isn't happening?

CristianTabush
2010.07.14, 03:53 PM
Not at the time, but I am working with some corporate sponsors to host a Once a Year event, on a bigger scale.

Houston has very little, if any Mini-Z Racing going on, so the event will not be hosted here. Maybe if our club picks up some new members, we'll have an event or two in the future.

Mini-Z himself was supposed to organize an event for July, but to this day, I never received a confirmation date. :(

kevo1036
2010.07.14, 05:29 PM
I would be interested if there is any future events in the Houston/Texas area. More to watch or maybe participate (depending on the level of competition, because I'm definitely nowhere near a top level competition :)) I am currently in Austin and have a small group of people that runs HFAY, but haven't been able to get much more interest so far.

doramider7
2010.09.05, 10:50 AM
I really want people to experience this, it is such a "fun" and exciting format that has so many different variables other than just driving fast with a good set-up. It promotes sportsmanship, cooperation, team work, patience on track and off, preparation, skill and of course ENDURANCE. But I also do understand that the best people to organize the event are the local club owners who know their locals best. Reflex will do their best to attend as many events as we can, in an effort to promote this and offer event "coverage" for everyone to see around the world, but I want people to know that this is not governed by Reflex.

The first year I plan to be the head of the organization, writing the majority of the rules and structure by which clubs are to organize their race, but I have every intention to have open election for president of the AMLMS at the end of the year, sometime after the final race. I will not run for election as the head of the organization. So that there are no commercial interests ever implicated with this series. Reflex will keep being a sponsor and supporter of the racing series though.

As for what people can do to help? Spread the word. Get the interest up. Put together a team. Tell your club owner/ organizer to bid for a race. If more than 4-5 races are able to be organized, we will run more, although I do think 5 and a final is probably where the cap will be set at. I would love to have a race in the North East as well, so hint hint at all the peeps up in NYC/NJ area... Let's get the ball rolling, setting early dates along the way so that we can find cheap airfares and hotels so that we can afford going to more races :P

Places where I would like to see the events happen:

NorCal/SoCal (maybe both)

North East

South East (awarded to MBMZR)

Canada

Mexico City (this is a VERY likely possibility in cooperation with Mini-Z Racing Track)

cowboysir
2010.09.05, 07:53 PM
Im going to see what I can do about a Western Canada race. Ill be down in vancouver for a GTG/fun race with the majority of the Van Mini-Z scene and see if we can create a group for endurance racing interest. My buddies and I do long sessions (with multiple batt swaps/refueling) but I dont have enough of my own track to make a good destination race. There is tons in Vancouver though...might be able to get a huge layout together for a BIG race.

One thought about endurance racing:

1. Have you considered multiple catagories racing at once?(aka LeMans)

Thats what id like to see most of all...the various GTs racing with LMP spec.:eek:

edit: now that Ive read back and seen the dates listed on the first posts I realize Im wayyyy behind the times. No matter though...i think the future of this series would bring some excellent mini-z racing to our area. Consider a 3 day event where we hold the typical sprint races, catagories and etc...and top it off with a classic amlms series. It'd be awesome IMO.