PDA

View Full Version : Number of Cars one can Bind

marc
2009.10.13, 08:21 PM
Hello there. I'm wondering. How many cars can you bind to one KT-18? My apologies if it's already been mentioned here elsewhere.
I finally got my Dnano starter kit today after collecting four cars and I just got done binding three of them. For some reason, I'm having difficulty with the fourth one. I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong, or if I've reached the limit?
So the question is, how many cars to one KT-18? Thank's guys!

marc
2009.10.14, 01:03 PM
Anybody have an answer?

briankstan
2009.10.14, 01:38 PM
I'm not using the kt-18, but with my helios and module I have 5 chassis that I have bound to it.

ShortBus
2009.10.14, 01:41 PM
I don't have the book infront of me but I believe it is up to 4 cars. I am currently running 3 off of mine without issue. The only pain is there is no model memory, meaning fine tuning has to be done on each car before running.

marc
2009.10.14, 02:29 PM
I'm not trying to fine tune it yet. I'm just trying to bind the fourth one. I have the book, but didn't see it mentioned how many cars it can bind.
Thank you for your replies!

pfcparts
2009.10.14, 05:12 PM
I doubt the kt18 is advanced enough to
remember how many chassis' have been
bound to it...

I think it doesn't matter how many you bind
to them. Since the modules and UR have
room for 30 (I've had around 10-15 at a time
bound), I'd assume that the Kt18s could at
least do the same number...

Now running them simultaneously, that might
be a better question lol.

Probably something with that last car. Check
it again.

Good luck.

parts

EMU
2009.10.14, 05:23 PM
I dont think there is a limit to how many cars can be bound to one controller. You are not changing anything in the controller, but are changing something in the car to be compatable with the controller. I have about 15 cars bound to my EX-10, but only have 10 memory slots...

You can only bind one controller with one car, but should be able to bind many (limitless) cars to one controller.

marc
2009.10.14, 05:47 PM
Well so far three cars are working perfectly with the one KT-18. Some reason, I am having difficulty binding or "paring" the fourth car.
I'm starting to think I should just save up for the Helios 2.4 system.

At least I fixed my issues with the transmitter and I can now use it! Cars are a lot more fun when you can drive them and not just sit and stare! :D

Off topic Parts, what did you do to the Kyosho ball diff that's on the Murcielago you sold me? I need three more, that run's so nicely and it sounds quieter than the other cars!

pfcparts
2009.10.14, 06:00 PM
Get the UR. Or better yet buy mine lol.
Feels like a KT5 and the better mem
doesn't hurt.

-----

You didn't wash it in your pants did you? :D

Re-pair it. lol :D

Hope it works out marc. Glad to see you
finally using it at least.

Nothing different then what I do for my other
ball diffs, which is not alot. Dnano ball diffs
are a luck of the draw unfortunately lol.

The ones I have now are crap and have been
worked on (switched plates, compressing the
spring, different settings, etc) alot more than
that one.

parts

marc
2009.10.14, 06:28 PM
No, I haven't done any Dnano laundering yet. :D
The Subaru seems to work as the light goes on when I flip the switch. I just can't seem to pair it with the transmitter.
I'm still not sure which differential to go for, Atomic or Kyosho's. I'd like to see what PN has in store for us as their stuff is usually ready to roll.