PDA

View Full Version : Servo gets stuck

Z_408
2009.10.15, 04:58 PM
MR-02 servo getting stuck only in one direction. Everything is smooth and no binding anywhere. Turing right is perfect but while turning left the servo gets stuck in the max position. The tie rod is not installed now and the problem is still there.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

mleemor60
2009.10.15, 05:00 PM
Try backing up the end point a little bit to see if it stops. If it does, change the servo gears. There is probably a bad tooth.

Z_408
2009.10.15, 05:13 PM
Try backing up the end point a little bit to see if it stops. If it does, change the servo gears. There is probably a bad tooth.

I have to back it up a lot for it not to get stuck. I have also changed all the gears with no luck.

pfcparts
2009.10.15, 05:18 PM
Are you using a UR and 2.4 module?

I found at some settings, the servo wilds out...
either it gets stuck one way or it will kick back to
neutral and gas up if you turn it fully on throttle...

Even a few biases to a certain side can wack it out.

Same deal on the dnanos as well...

Backing it up or just stopping input works, but
I'd still get the problem next turn. I just stay
away from those settings now...

parts

Z_408
2009.10.15, 05:24 PM
Are you using a UR and 2.4 module?

I found at some settings, the servo wilds out...
either it gets stuck one way or it will kick back to
neutral and gas up if you turn it fully on throttle...

Even a few biases to a certain side can wack it out.

Same deal on the dnanos as well...

Backing it up or just stopping input works, but
I'd still get the problem next turn. I just stay
away from those settings now...

parts

This is an AM car. When I stop the input it wants to get back return but it binds. When I rotate the servo gear it returns, but with some force.

pfcparts
2009.10.15, 05:37 PM
I see.

Only way that happened on my older ams were if
something pinched a wire somewhere...

Doesn't look to be the case here as I'm sure you already
checked.

Only other thing I can think of is a faulty motor... :o

Good luck.

parts

blt456
2009.10.15, 07:02 PM
Binh, at the warm up atomic race at FPR I dnf'd the first round of qualifying due to this. I had some rcp dust stuck in the gears where they touch the metal motor pinion. I opened up the board and sprayed a whole bunch of motor spray all over the gears and wiped out the excess.

EMU
2009.10.15, 07:18 PM
I had the same problem with my F1 at the NYRC ATM race... If you have changed the gears, check the teeth on the servo motor, and make sure that all of the wires are run clean and not pinched... Double check that the small metal washer is between gears 1/3.

Faze
2009.10.19, 10:21 PM
I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, but i'm having the same problem with my AWD. So I should check the servo gears to see if one of the teeth is missing? Sorry if this is considered thread jacking