PDA

View Full Version : race event oct 31 HFAY events7/8

hpgod
2009.10.16, 08:29 PM
Saterday OCTOBER 31
This will be the 4TH race of hfay season 8. 10AM start. practice open at 9:00 RUN 1 qualifers and a main in each direction. 1 hour practice break between directions. Finish time will be around 12:30

class
HFAY MR02 with 70turn motors PN/HFAY both OK.
price $5 per car

The Lap timer is I lap with giro Z connectors with rc scoring pro trial version keeping the score. 5 minute Qualifiers with 8 minute mains w stagger starts.
Open practice will be timed for tuning.
I will provide the velcro and giroz plug for the transponders.

russp
2009.10.26, 08:31 AM
The track is set up and ready to go. I'm going to try and get some practice in with Jaren before Saturday.

hpgod
2009.11.06, 08:25 AM
I looked at the HFAY results.
Right now overall I am 21st russ and billy are 28/29.
We run a national series and you both still run right next to each other. lol

I broke in a new motor for the next race last night. Hopefully we can get some good results and move up this last races.

pinoyboy
2009.11.13, 12:53 PM
hey guys, so when is the next race? I'm kinda interested to try one of those mr-03s

mleemor60
2009.11.13, 12:56 PM
Great to see that you haven't completely vanished. You will like the 03.

russp
2009.11.13, 01:10 PM
Hank, looks like we are going to do the next one on Saturday the 21st at my house. We generally start up around 9:00 a.m. and finish by about 12:30.

Art also has a nice new house but has to move one support pole in the basement out of the way first before he can accomodate large tracks. I would guess that will take him a few months to accomplish since he was still looking for a structural engineer to certify a plan of action.

pinoyboy
2009.11.13, 02:11 PM
hey Russ! Hmm, maybe I could at least come out and watch. It sounds kind of fun thinking about racing again, but i'll need some practice time.

On another note, I saw kevin who use to race with us at the hobby shop around norcross near the forum. Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk ti him as he was turning. I just recognized his car then saw him driving.

russp
2009.11.13, 06:18 PM
We have extra cars. Not the fastest but you would probably beat me anyways with Jaren's MR02 and stock radio. :)

hpgod
2009.11.14, 12:17 AM
Hank
Do you have an AM radio?
If not I have a losi micro-t radio You can use.
I have your old Mro2 i saved for my kids to run. I can freshen it up for you wth a good body(lexus 430) and put good tires on it. I have plenty of good batteries if you need them too.

Just let me know what you need and I will hook you up.

As Russ said I sold my house and moved to a much larger house ~ 5 minutes west of my old house. I am south of 20 just off windemere parkway at chatahoochie river. nice tennis subdivision ( 3 indoor courts) 13 total W a couple clay also.

My basement as is is 6 inches too small to get a 10x10 layout in. Once I get a wall removed I will be able to get a 9x18 layout in.

Hold off on the mro3 a month or so if you can. There may be a board issue and the next shipment batch will be out next week. A std motor wire can easily fry a board on the orignal board for the mr03s

pinoyboy
2009.11.14, 12:43 AM
hey Art! that sounds cool, maybe I could watch and maybe practice that day for the race. Congrats on the new place and you guys having indoor tennis courts is pretty awesome. I only know of private tennis clubs having. I just played tonight and you could see the heat coming off my head!

yea I even thought that issue was a problem with the other asf boards and the cap between the motor. I always use to snip the wire eyes or just soldered them straight on