PDA

View Full Version : Anti Glitches

Serpent
2002.06.26, 08:57 PM
Does anybody successfully kill those gliches? (without swapping electronics). Your Z should go a lot straighter without those interferences. Mine even sweep to one side sometimes. At faster speed it goes, it's getting more annoying.

Thanks,

Crash Rehven
2002.06.26, 09:51 PM
I had some serious twitches for a while, but when I replaced my antenna with a longer one (and a bit thicker... no. 20 gauge wire) almost of the twitch went away. I do believe that better reception (on the part of the reciever) keeps outside interference from messing with the cars electronics...

The Thunderer
2002.06.26, 11:37 PM
Try this out! I did as instructed in this link and, LO AND BEHOLD, the glitching thing was drastically reduced. I have 4 of these Prefex transmitters, so I was willing to try it on one of them. It seems to have worked and I haven't seen any negative effects as of yet.

Why not try it out?

:)

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3130&highlight=transmitter (http://)

Draconious
2002.06.26, 11:46 PM
If its throttle related you need to better shield your motor... usualy a 104 cap works wonders, just found 3 inside an old universal TV remote ;), previously I found one in a cordless phone handset.

The Thunderer
2002.06.27, 12:13 AM
You can also get those capacitors at Radio Shack. I bought eight of them there.... $2.00/pair.

ViperKid
2002.06.27, 09:42 AM
hey i don't think your link works

butler
2002.06.27, 09:50 AM
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3299

Someone else has just fixed them, using Dracs web page

Serpent
2002.06.27, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the pointers guys. Do you know what the pot underneath the circuit board for? The round shiny thing on the top I understand that it's for the wheel alignment right?

The Thunderer
2002.06.27, 12:42 PM
Guys,

I'm sorry about the link... copy and paste it and it should work. It works on my computer when I do it that way. Anyway... I don't know why it does that!!!

Another way to check it out is do a search for TRANSMITTER and then go to the forum where it says, "Improving Reception". Its a thread started by Alexander Rice with the idea by tindra01.

Thanks, to tindra01!

Draconious
2002.06.27, 04:24 PM
The underside one is sorta part of the antenna.. it can sorta be used to "match" the esc to the antenna length your using... sort of a filter etc... I cant verify this, cuz when I change it on mine it dont do squat... but I think mine is damaged due to antenna short... reason my antenna was moved etc etc... if you adjust it, remember were it was set! ;) Usualy a reciever hasmore then one of these, so I am not totaly sure what its purpose is.. but as far as I know its for atenna adjustment ;) since the antenna solders right to it, in the sweet spot fix, and stock locations, just different pins, so the sweet spots just by passes it most likely....

Glitches are caused by a crap load of stuff... I even shimmed my servo motor to reduce some, but I kinda OVERSHIMED it my servo case is hairline cracked ;) hehe.. oh well it gives some springy to it...

Not sure but I will guess the first link in this thread, links to the thread talking about the similar dial setting on the Transmitter itself, wich is hidden under a sticker... the big square one next to the crystal, you can feel for it with finger were there is a hole.. similar to the steering pot hole on the cover of the mini-z chassis. The one on the tx is probly the "gain" correct me if I am wrong I aint a master in radio technology ;)

PITZON
2002.06.27, 05:33 PM
*Serpent... That thing is a filter as Drac says... Its kinda a frequencefilter... There are ways to solder the antenna so you can use more frequences than available stock... Lets leave that for now...

The first thing i recommend you to do is to solder a thin cable as antenna and then wrap it around the original antenna... You can se how on my chassiepic below... This has solved many problems here with many cars...

One more thing to test is to put some paper or some stuf on the little potentiometer who are mounted inside the servo-box... This one tells the car how the wheels are located and there is usually some "slob" and the pot moves a little bit inside there... If there are some dust and dirt in there the steering could get crazy... You can clean it with some cleaning-spray...

*1. Solder a cable as antenna
*2.Check the potentiometer
*3. Then go on with capacitors and other things...

BTW, the pots Drac talks about may solve every problem also... You are able to fine-tune the TX so glitching are history... But adjust them carefully :D

Draconious
2002.06.27, 06:46 PM
In the case of all the pots, and knobs on the mini-z andmost in the electronics world... they do NOT turn that far, very itty bity micro nano amounts are used to adjust them, most of them are not much more then a 180 degree total arc of movement... so if you turn it 360 degrees you probly turned it too far and broke it... I use to do this all the time on those cheap 1:10 esc.. hehe..

Serpent
2002.06.27, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys for all the replies.

Draconious: Your tips are always helpful :)
Pitzon: That's a nice Z you've got. Nice rims..
:eek: