PDA

View Full Version : Action RC "Mischief Night" Races Oct 30th!

ActionRC
2009.10.19, 05:01 PM
SPONSORED BY KYOSHO, PN RACING, AND R1 WURKS BATTERIES!!!

On Friday, October 30th, Action RC will be hosting a special "Mischief Night" of racing that will feature prize racing, raffles, and other fun events. We will not be racing on Saturday, October 31st due to the Halloween holiday, so enjoy the full day and night of trick-or-treating! We will be running many unique types of races - most of which you have never seen before - and some old favorites like Gift Card Racing. SPONSORS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY! This is not a points night, but you'll be missing a REALLY fun night of intense racing if you miss this one!

We'll be running "anything goes", so "run whatcha brung"!

SPECIAL EVENT (among others!): Drift Class will be run this night! Get those plastic tires warmed up!

Doors will open at 7pm as always, and racing will start at 8pm. If you are arriving after 7:30, call me to register PLEASE! (Registration will be $15 per driver.)

PadrinoNY
2009.10.19, 05:12 PM
SPONSORED BY KYOSHO, PN RACING, AND R1 WURKS BATTERIES!!!

On Friday, October 30th, Action RC will be hosting a special "Mischief Night" of racing that will feature prize racing, raffles, and other fun events. We will not be racing on Saturday, October 31st due to the Halloween holiday, so enjoy the full day and night of trick-or-treating! We will be running many unique types of races - most of which you have never seen before - and some old favorites like Gift Card Racing. SPONSORS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY! This is not a points night, but you'll be missing a REALLY fun night of intense racing if you miss this one!

We'll be running "anything goes", so "run whatcha brung"!

SPECIAL EVENT (among others!): Drift Class will be run this night! Get those plastic tires warmed up!

Doors will open at 7pm as always, and racing will start at 8pm. If you are arriving after 7:30, call me to register PLEASE! (Registration will be $15 per driver.)

YEAH ALRIGHT NAT GET YOUR CAR READY....... :eek: I am so excited a drift class I am going to be there with bells on. YEAH BOYEEE!!!

Hey Al on another note did you get my PM on a PN part I wanted you to find out if you can get. Thanx in advanced & Chris can't wait till tomorrow I'll see you guys there

Fifty7
2009.10.21, 11:07 AM
Is drifting only for AWD's

J-Milz
2009.10.21, 11:19 AM
Marty, if you can drift a 2wd then your GOOD!!!:)

Fifty7
2009.10.21, 11:58 AM
Marty, if you can drift a 2wd then your GOOD!!!:)

Why cant i just follow the directions?
http://www.wikihow.com/Drift-a-Car

All kidding aside, never tried it and never had an all wheel drive so i was wondering why it wouldn't work on the rear wheel with plastic tires

Fifty7
2009.10.21, 12:29 PM
Why cant i just follow the directions?
http://www.wikihow.com/Drift-a-Car

All kidding aside, never tried it and never had an all wheel drive so i was wondering why it wouldn't work on the rear wheel with plastic tires

OH I'm gonna try it :D:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU9RMHTyBEg

ActionRC
2009.10.21, 01:17 PM
A BUNCH OF US WERE DRIFTING LAST NIGHT AND WE WERE HAVING SO MUCH FUN! Pucho was pretty good at it, and once I remembered (thanks to Johnathan) how to set the radio for drifting, I got better at it too. If anyone wants an AWD to drift, let me know and I'll make sure I have enough for everyone. It is so much fun!!! I hadn't done it for a long time, and I forgot what a different kind of skill it is. Drifting a 2WD - pretty much impossible. (I'll check the videos posted at home later.)

Kyosho, PN, and R1 Works have their prizes on the way for the big Halloween race! It's gonna be AWESOME!!!

Fifty7
2009.10.21, 01:47 PM
A BUNCH OF US WERE DRIFTING LAST NIGHT AND WE WERE HAVING SO MUCH FUN! Pucho was pretty good at it, and once I remembered (thanks to Johnathan) how to set the radio for drifting, I got better at it too. If anyone wants an AWD to drift, let me know and I'll make sure I have enough for everyone. It is so much fun!!! I hadn't done it for a long time, and I forgot what a different kind of skill it is. Drifting a 2WD - pretty much impossible. (I'll check the videos posted at home later.)

Kyosho, PN, and R1 Works have their prizes on the way for the big Halloween race! It's gonna be AWESOME!!!

Must....resist.....temptation.....to buy awd....

I think we need to race until at least midnight so we can say it was actually Halloween:D:D

ShortBus
2009.10.21, 02:31 PM
i'm in for the fun and have been trying to work on the drift car all day. need to get a few new parts and see how that works out. Pucho, thanks for the info and pushing me to spend yet more money !!!

Fifty7
2009.10.21, 02:34 PM
Hey?? Should we bring our Monsters?? "Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, "

ShortBus
2009.10.21, 02:34 PM
next issue is to figure out if i drift the mini-cooper, nissan 350 fairlady, skyline, and the choice of the old style white or black subaru's ????

PadrinoNY
2009.10.21, 04:09 PM
i'm in for the fun and have been trying to work on the drift car all day. need to get a few new parts and see how that works out. Pucho, thanks for the info and pushing me to spend yet more money !!!

And yet again I pay for the broken dishes... LOL :D run the 350z if it's the plain nismo one

PadrinoNY
2009.10.21, 04:10 PM
Must....resist.....temptation.....to buy awd....

I think we need to race until at least midnight so we can say it was actually Halloween:D:D

You know you wanna get one marty just go out and get it..... get it! get it! get it! :eek:

Fifty7
2009.10.21, 08:28 PM
You know you wanna get one marty just go out and get it..... get it! get it! get it! :eek:

Nooooooo. I'm hearing voices in my head. Oh wait that's Pucho. :eek::eek:

ActionRC
2009.10.29, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick reminder that Action RC Mini Speedway will be open for a special Friday "Mischief" Night of racing, and will be closed on Saturday for the rare Saturday observance of my favorite holiday - Halloween!

Friday night is going to be AWESOME!!! Cool prizes have been donated by popular ARCMS suppliers, including:

Kyosho America
PN Racing / RC Kenon
R1 Wurks Batteries

We will have many special types of races, including:
- Drift Racing!
- Combo lap races! (Addition of best and 2nd lowest lap times!)
- Combo time races! (Addition of laps and times over two races!)
- Duplicate lap bonus races! (Can you get two exactly the same laps???)

Combo races usually provide two winners per race (overall winner and lap event winner), so don't miss this special event!

This is sure to be a really fun night! Trick-or-Treat bags will be given to all drivers, and registration for this special night is only $15. We will be open at 7pm, and will start racing at 8pm. We'll close whenever! We will be open tonight for normal Thursday Night Gift Card Racing.

BONUS: Come and see me in my Halloween Costume! (Don't be afraid to wear yours, too!)

UPDATE: The NEW MR03 is in stock at ARCMS! There are only a few left, and more will not be available until the end of November! Get yours now!!!

See you all tonight AND tomorrow! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

ActionRC
2009.10.30, 02:01 PM
I may as well tell you all what's in your trick-or-treat bag. In addition to some goodies, you also get a $5 coupon for/from ARCMS! All registrants get one! Tonight is going to be awesome, so don't miss this great event AND be sure to get your $5 coupon as a thank you for your business at Action RC Mini Speedway!

See everyone tonight!!! :D

ActionRC
2009.11.02, 09:37 AM
More comments on the main thread, but just to wrap up...

Hi everyone! Well, I would have to say that Friday night's Halloween Mischief race was a huge success. We had a great turnout (better than expected, honestly), and I think everyone had a great time. It was nice to see so many of the little guys out having fun. My son Justin, who does not get to race as much as he would like to, had a great time and talked about it all weekend. It is so great to see such a large C-Main group. These are the guys that so many of us will have to watch out for if they keep it up!

It was also a lot of fun to shake up the racing styles with some special racing events. In the "fast lap/2nd slowest lap" races, it was interesting to see cars that actually finished higher in position get beat by consistant cars who ran smoother laps. In the "addition of two races" event, you absolutely needed two solid runs to be successful. (In retrospect, I would like to do "best two out of three runs added" next time so that everyone has one chance to eliminate a Mulligan bad run!)

It was great to see some old faces, great to see so many new faces, and I hope you all had a great time. See you all tomorrow!