PDA

View Full Version : Newest class at Action RC, Staten Island

J-Milz
2009.10.22, 02:02 PM
What should be the newest class at Action RC's upcomming series?

1. Pan Car 70T

2. Pan Car (open)

3. Monster / Ol

4. AWD 70t R34 body

5. Nascar combo (oval/ road course)

6. 90MM

sjm324
2009.10.22, 02:13 PM
AWD is my vote but not 70t...70t a little to slow for awd....

J-Milz
2009.10.22, 03:29 PM
It doesn't have to be limited to these classes, but I just threw a few ideas out there. It can be any motor narrow AWD. Hell I'd love to see an AWD mini!

PadrinoNY
2009.10.22, 04:52 PM
DRIFTING FOR STYLE POINTS NOT LAPS.... Yo know that was coming:cool:

ShortBus
2009.10.22, 05:22 PM
Pucho - I have been talking with Al about the drifting this afternoon. Watch for the possibility of seeing a "experimental" drift class on Tuesday nights :)

LogicBytes
2009.10.23, 10:18 AM
Haven't experienced Pan car yet, so how bout pan car 70t or some NASCAR oval.

briankstan
2009.10.23, 01:50 PM
one of the funnest classes we run is our Overland class. jumps on the track, lot's of rolling over, but it is ton's of fun. I'll have to shoot some new video at one of our next races.

Modified pan is also a fun class. especially if you have a large enough track for it.

LogicBytes
2009.10.23, 03:56 PM
Here's a link to a Marshall Marshall Class (AKA Monster/Overland) that was ran at the Summer Nationals @ www.actionrcspeedway.com
Youtube Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFBzZzQcNw

It was an experience :D especially for the Marshalls

CDR racing
2009.10.23, 05:25 PM
Just thought give my two cents on the third class. I personally think that if we are going to go back to an old class that we've run before, it should be NASCAR before Pan Car, as pan car has been run more recently than nascar(oval i mean). If we are going to run a new class, such as Monster overland, which would be my vote if nascar wasnt an option, then i'm all for it. But if we are going to start the cycle over again and run a class thats been run before... my preference would be nascar before pan car.

bermbuster
2009.10.23, 05:45 PM
Just thought give my two cents on the third class. I personally think that if we are going to go back to an old class that we've run before, it should be NASCAR before Pan Car, as pan car has been run more recently than nascar(oval i mean). If we are going to run a new class, such as Monster overland, which would be my vote if nascar wasnt an option, then i'm all for it. But if we are going to start the cycle over again and run a class thats been run before... my preference would be nascar before pan car.

You guys are lucky because I believe Action RC is the only mini z racetrack in the US with a nascar class. We bought our nascars at Action and enjoyed running them. Do you think with the evolving chassis choices we have would the nascar class expand and start using maybe the mr02 or the mr03 chassis?

ShortBus
2009.10.24, 10:47 AM
Berm - I think you would see some AWESOME Nascar racing if we could strap these down to an MR-02 chassis and do away with tire restrictions :)

Car of the Future ?????????

Jeff S

J-Milz
2009.10.27, 12:27 AM
Monsta!!! Monsta!!! Monsta!!! Monsta!!!

ActionRC
2009.10.30, 04:53 PM
I miss NASCAR Oval alot too. My car is awesome, I am the defending champ, and the class is just so much fun. Right now, it looks like LM body class is getting a lot of "at the track" conversational votes. Maybe if we did a NASCAR open class even more people would run it. I am not opposed to an open tire rule if we open up the chassis rules to allow the MR02 and MR03, which would increase the number of entrants in this class. I'd like to announce it next week to give people time to get ready, so get those votes in!

See everyone tonight for the Halloween race!

Scrapper
2009.10.31, 08:35 AM
overland overland overland overland stuey has two overlands he needs to run his soon to be freshly painted cayenne

CDR racing
2009.10.31, 09:21 PM
overland overland overland overland stuey has two overlands he needs to run his soon to be freshly painted cayenne

I'm assuming you mean fresh as in new and not fresh as in the "fresh" prince of bel air?

Scrapper
2009.11.01, 12:39 PM
overland would be very nice as i have 2 and would have a good chance to win it in the a main cause it would be anyones class because of all the marshalling

EMU
2009.11.01, 04:53 PM
Open Nascar should be pretty cool... Can we use AWD at 98mm? Or is the only limitation being keeping the wheelbase 102mm?

ActionRC
2009.11.02, 04:27 PM
AWD NASCAR would be cool, but the cars would look awful at 98mm. I would say we have to stay at 102 to keep the bodies looking scale (without giant rear wheelwells), and all cars must have roof and door numbers.

EMU
2009.11.02, 05:10 PM
Numbers, haha, Mine will be VERY small ;) Whats Kyle Busch's number again? 18?

ActionRC
2009.11.03, 01:33 PM
NASCAR OVAL...

Bob Diamond should be the 5 because he's the oldest!

Bob should also be the 55 because he'd make a better owner than a driver!:D

Jamil should be the 7 because he'll run the oval on Saturday and race off-road on Sunday.

Stugotz should be the 14 because he could use some Old Spice, and loves burgers!

I should be the 18 because I always get accused of taking people out! :mad:

I should also be the 43 because I have the most championships, and I'm the King!

Justin should be the 20 because he's the youngest.

Phil should be the 24 because he has a bad back.

Johnathan should be the 29 because he loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Jeff should be the 31 because he's the voice of reason.

Joe I should be the 39 or 99 because at some point his car will go flying across the room.

Dominick should be the 44 or 45 because while he's a good racer, he's also one heck of an announcer.

Eugene should be the 48 because he usually wins if he doesn't have bad luck, which he never does.

Tom Harry Potter should be the 49 because he'll start the beginning of the season and then not race anymore.

Johnny D should be the 77 because he'll just crash you right out of his way, but take himself out in the process.

Crop should stick with the 88 because he'll run up front here and there, but then has bad luck and either finishes poorly or not at all.

ShortBus
2009.11.03, 02:08 PM
So, is this final "open nascar oval" ??

J-Milz
2009.11.03, 02:21 PM
Number seven huh? Who told you that I love Jack Daniels. ;)
So, should I get my Nascar out? (banjo playing in background) Ye haw!!!

ShortBus
2009.11.03, 02:31 PM
Jamil - I have the #7 car but would be willing to trade with you can find me a #31 :)

ActionRC
2009.11.03, 04:40 PM
The 07 is the Jack Daniels car, driven by Casey Mears. One of you can be him if you come from a legendary family of successful race car drivers, but you yourself suck. The 7 is Robbie Gordon, owner/driver of one of the last one car teams, and he is also an avid off-road racer who races the Baja 1000 every year. He also has a whiskey sponsorship, coincidently. The 31 is Jeff Burton, a mature driver who is always very level headed, has a descent following, is moderately successful on the track, and always voices his opinion in a very efficient way. He also has a hot wife,and is sponsored by an allergy medicine (I think) and Caterpillar construction vehicles.

I would say by Saturday we should figure out what the thrid class will be so we can start getting cars ready, and any parts or bodies that might be necessary to get in stock.

CDR racing
2009.11.04, 08:09 PM
I'm all for NASCAR oval, but not so much for the open part. I think oval is a class that should be as spec as possible, not open. I wouldn't mind opening it to all chassis, but I think motors should be controlled, and I think the wheel rule should be the same as it is now, I just dont think NASCAR looks right with regular 02 rims. I just think it takes too much away from the style of the car itself, and it makes it look more like something custom than an actual NASCAR. I'm not sure if 02 rims will make such a big difference handling wise anyway, except for the wider selection of tire compounds. Anyway, just giving my thoughts. Looking forward to running the new class whatever it is.

J-Milz
2009.11.04, 09:35 PM
First of all, the stock NASCAR wheels/ tires wont fit on the Stock 02 chassis. The body is too narrow. I spoke about this with Al last night, in regards to perhaps letting the new 03 in the narrow configuration into the 015and NASCAR class. From a shop owners stand point its a win-win situation (if he can get more in stock).

Secondly, the rules should be black pn dish wheels, if you allow the 02 chassis into NASCAR.

Finally, all of this can be avoided if we do a MONSTER/ OL class!!!!:)

bermbuster
2009.11.04, 09:52 PM
First of all, the stock NASCAR wheels/ tires wont fit on the Stock 02 chassis. The body is too narrow. I spoke about this with Al last night, in regards to perhaps letting the new 03 in the narrow configuration into the 015and NASCAR class. From a shop owners stand point its a win-win situation (if he can get more in stock).

Secondly, the rules should be black pn dish wheels, if you allow the 02 chassis into NASCAR.

with the 02 you can use the PN MR02 to 015 front end and the nascar tires will work as well. I got that front end when i made my 90mm mr02...for the PN fun class.

I like the idea for an open chassis because it might get more people into nascar mini z racing and if it does you then can seperate the chassis...
Just think possibly a monthly nascar series on a Sunday afternoon watching the race racing nascars stock class and modified and possibly an outlaw class....I may be dreaming but you never know....

EMU
2009.11.04, 10:13 PM
I'm all for NASCAR oval, but not so much for the open part. I think oval is a class that should be as spec as possible, not open. I wouldn't mind opening it to all chassis, but I think motors should be controlled, and I think the wheel rule should be the same as it is now, I just dont think NASCAR looks right with regular 02 rims. I just think it takes too much away from the style of the car itself, and it makes it look more like something custom than an actual NASCAR. I'm not sure if 02 rims will make such a big difference handling wise anyway, except for the wider selection of tire compounds. Anyway, just giving my thoughts. Looking forward to running the new class whatever it is. Nascar wheels will just barely fit under the Monte Carlo with an MR02. The last Nascar series, I used an 015 with my tower bar set on... narrowed the front wheels, then was told that I had to use full width front wheels. I barely noticed the difference.

If we have to use Nascar wheels, many people are going to be deterred, since it is pretty difficult to setup well with the long wheelbase, lack of rear bite... especially if it is going to be switching from road course to oval....

I refuse to use black PN dish wheels...

bermbuster
2009.11.04, 10:29 PM
I refuse to use black PN dish wheels...

Eugene you can use atomic black dish wheels....:cool:

J-Milz
2009.11.04, 10:49 PM
They will? I tried the NASCAR wheels and tires on an 02 and it rubbed the body. Perhaps my springs were too short? What about NASCAR W/T on oval and open black dish (for the sponsered few) W/T on the road course events. The track configuration must be announced in advanced. So we can set up. I like the Sunday idea.
So is it NASCAR class? There's a lot of talk. Did anyone see that movie "MONSTERS vs ALIENS" it's a "great" movie!!:D

EMU
2009.11.04, 11:36 PM
Its more that I dont like black wheels... Its hard to see the direction that the wheels are pointing. You will notice that most of my wheels are white, primarily for that reason.

Number1
2009.11.05, 12:44 AM
....... I am not opposed to an open tire rule if we open up the chassis rules to allow the MR02 and MR03........

See everyone tonight for the Halloween race!

What the hell happened here?:confused:

Al, are you kidding me? You are going to let people run non-Nascar spec tire on the Nascar class?:eek: How absurd! This will make it so non-Nascar. What will be the next? A Ferrari's Enzo going oval? Don't give in and let the bad people influence you, please.:D

So, tell me, whose idea was that?;) and why the good things only happened after I left?:rolleyes:

ShortBus
2009.11.05, 09:24 AM
My first choice is still a LM class (102mm), there are a lot of bodies out there (painted and unpainted), and it gives the look of real racing. Besides, we can continue with the crazy track lay outs if we avoid the oval.

If we go the nascar route, I'd vote to open it up and allow the MR-02 and tire choices.

tommy_greeneyes
2009.11.06, 08:16 AM
My first choice is still a LM class (102mm), there are a lot of bodies out there (painted and unpainted), and it gives the look of real racing. Besides, we can continue with the crazy track lay outs if we avoid the oval.

If we go the nascar route, I'd vote to open it up and allow the MR-02 and tire choices.

i 2nd that . i love nascar to , by opening the tires rule you can set up the car better and see greater side by side CLEAN racing.them nascar tires suck. Al just do it, run the points season with it and change the class to a new one,

oh so you know if you make this class to be open. hehehehee. im coming for you, lol:D:D

ActionRC
2009.11.06, 03:07 PM
It's official! The next third class will be Enzo Oval! :D

George - You must be a divorce lawyer to even suggest that I open up on Sundays again! :eek:

The NASCAR class has definitely gained some momentum, but we will formally announce the next class on Saturday night. If it is NASCAR, I think the best way to run it would be as follows:

- MR015, MR02, or MR03 (all 2WD) chassis. Any front width to work with the body - you're choice - but the wheels must be inside the wheel wells.
- Any black wheel: NASCAR or standard. (PN black wheels would look cool - not that far off from the actual look. You can use chrome wheels if you have a Michael Waltrip Racing (55 or 44) body for authenticity!)
- 102mm wheelbase mandatory.
- No add-on wings.
- Full rear deck and bumper.
- Spec motor (Suggestions? My vote would be Speedy 07 "non" BB.)
- Numbers on both doors and roof. Some form of a sponsor logo or design on hood and rear quarter panels - even on a white body. It's gotta look cool!

Out of eight weeks, we run NASCAR oval for 6 (1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7), which leaves us weeks 4 and 8 to run a non-oval based track layout. On week 4 and 8, we would do a two-week "Drift Shootout" for a winner take all two-week Championship series. NASCAR would count four out of six weeks toward your Championship.

Sound good?

(Miss you, Roland! :p No one said you had to leave for good!!!)

Al...

jackg
2009.11.06, 08:48 PM
can i vote again for Nascar?:D -j

LogicBytes
2009.11.07, 01:32 AM
If it is Nascar I didn't see you mention anything about tires. Will it be NASCAR tires only or are you opening that up too? I think the tires should be NASCAR only.
You should make Weeks 4 & 8 Road Courses.

Al
Hold a White Chevy Body for me I think I'm going to paint up the #5 car

ShortBus
2009.11.07, 09:15 PM
Since I couldn't be there this Saturday night can someone please shed some light on the new 3rd class. If it's Nascar - what are the motor restrictions, etc?

Thanks,

Jeff

J-Milz
2009.11.08, 06:33 PM
Sure Jeff. The winner is Monster / OL :D!

ActionRC
2009.11.09, 03:27 PM
The winner of the thrid class is NASCAR Oval with weeks 4 and 8 being NASCAR roadcourse events. It should be really cool! (We'll save Drift for other nights of a special event.)

Tentative rules, although I'm pretty well set with them would be:

- MR015, MR02, or MR03 (all 2WD) chassis. Any front width to work with the body - you're choice - but the wheels must be inside the wheel wells.
- Any black wheel: NASCAR or standard. (You can use chrome wheels if you have a Michael Waltrip Racing (55 or 44) body for authenticity!)
- 102mm wheelbase mandatory.
- If running a wing, it must be scale to a current NASCAR COT wing, and it cannot be clear. It must be black and you must have a front splitter as well. (If you run a COT, it must be full-blown COT appearance on existing Mini-Z body. (Tommy has a car almost like this already.)
- Full rear deck and bumper.
- Speedy 07 as a Spec Motor.
- Numbers on both doors and roof. Some form of a sponsor logo or design on hood and rear quarter panels - even on a white body.

We will run NASCAR oval for 6 out of 8 weeks (1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7), which leaves us weeks 4 and 8 to run a non-oval based track layout. On week 4 and 8, we would run NASCAR road course, a la Watkins Glen and Sears Point.

Should be fun!!!

Jamil will be allowed to run a 102mm Overland Monte Carlo. :p

LogicBytes
2009.11.09, 03:54 PM
Is there a COT white body out there? or is it just a custom body?

bermbuster
2009.11.09, 04:03 PM
Al you are Da Man.......
You always make the racing at Action diverse and exciting......
Im busy with work (usual) but me and Frankie will be at Action soon.......
Im in Singapore till Thanksgiving.....

tommy_greeneyes
2009.11.09, 07:44 PM
Is there a COT white body out there? or is it just a custom body?

yes i did the custom body to look like the COT. i got the wing from a COT Die cast car.it was not easy to make into a COT but it looks great. alot of hard work into it, now i have to find that body i put it somewere LOL. :D

LogicBytes
2009.11.09, 09:43 PM
yes i did the custom body to look like the COT. i got the wing from a COT Die cast car.it was not easy to make into a COT but it looks great. alot of hard work into it, now i have to find that body i put it somewere LOL. :D

If you have some pics please post them I would love to see it.

J-Milz
2009.11.10, 10:51 AM
Anyone know what the offset is to run a NASCAR on a stock 02 chassis? Al you have those black PN wheels in stock?

ShortBus
2009.11.10, 11:56 AM
Jamil - I ended up putting "0" offsets on both the front and rear. I also played around with -1 rears in the front but was having some clearance issues. Jeff

ActionRC
2009.11.11, 09:48 AM
Mike - There is no COT body made for the Mini-Z currently. Tommy customized his. I actually have the front body mount that looks exactly like front splitter in stock, and it mounts to the chassis instead of the body.

George - Wow - that's a long time to be away. Definitely would love to have you and Frankie come down and race with us any time.

Jamil - The black wheels will be on my next order. Even though Eugene is right that they make it harder to see what's going on on your front end, I have always loved the way black wheels look - even on real cars. The PN wheels will actually look pretty good (I mean better than a dish wheel) because the pattern is somewhat stock-car looking.

Jeff - I tried a 1 narrow front on my MR02 yesterday, and it was a little too tight. The 0 narrow front was perfect!

This is going to be a really fun series!!! I can't wait!

ShortBus
2009.11.11, 01:03 PM
Al, I was talking about the -1 wides on the front and not +1 narrows. Once I sanded down the outside lip on the wide rim it fit under the body, but it was rubbing with the top of the wheel well when fully turned. I'm sure with a really hard spring I could eliminate most of that.

I currently have 0 narrows on the front and and 0 wides on the rear and all fit fine.

Next I need to make one of those ("Tommy" straps or bars) to help keep the body on the chassis with compression from the sides. Looked alot cleaner that blue painters tape.

ActionRC
2009.11.11, 02:30 PM
Jeff - I like the "Tommy Bar" too. I'd like to have one with a body pin on one side so you can remove it quickly if necessary.

If you make a Greg Biffle # 16 3M car, the blue tape is perfect!

tommy_greeneyes
2009.11.12, 07:41 PM
If you have some pics please post them I would love to see it.

i would love to post the pictures. but i have to work on this car more, I have a SCARE set up under the car im not letting no one see . lol hehehehe.

it feels good to hear my name (TOMMY BAR) for use of a nascar body. if anyone cant find out to how to make a tommy bar. just use tape. i use it sometimes. LOL:D

ActionRC
2009.11.17, 12:19 PM
Check out our normal thread for continuation of this discussion...

Thanks for starting it up, Jamil! Series 30 is going to be GREAT!:D

J-Milz
2009.11.17, 01:59 PM
The people have spoken! NASCAR it is. The poll will close down 11/21. Thanks all who voted and gave their opinion in regards to the new class.