PDA

View Full Version : HELP : ATM AWD178 "carbon 98 mm driveshaft" + PN MA0120 "long spur gear" dosn't match

naesager
2009.10.26, 02:35 PM
Because I feel that the ATM spur gears wear out fast, and my ATM TI driveshaft had become a bit untrue, I wanted to try a new setup.

The PN delrin spur gears, seems to be of a harder material, which is cool! Hopefully they will last longer.

Also wanted to try a carbon driveshaft instead of TI.

However it feels like the PN spur gear won't fit the ATM carbon driveshaft.
If I don't recall wrong, I tried a PN delrin spur gear on my old ATM driveshaft, with the same result, they din't match.

It's as if, I can't get it in the last 1/8 inch.

Do you guys know what and where I screwed up? Could I just shorten the driveshaft, or should I get a new one, possible a PN that matches the gears?

Help is MUCH appreciated! :o)

Slubben
2009.10.26, 02:59 PM
Just a heads up I have had problems with the ATM carbon fiber shaft chipping and becoming deformed after several months of racing. You are probably better off with the Titanium one. Nothing worse than having your awd on rails only to have the spur fall off in the main!

naesager
2009.10.26, 03:25 PM
Just a heads up I have had problems with the ATM carbon fiber shaft chipping and becoming deformed after several months of racing. You are probably better off with the Titanium one. Nothing worse than having your awd on rails only to have the spur fall off in the main!

Hey Slubben, Thanks for the heads up.. I'll order a TI at once :)

CristianTabush
2009.10.26, 05:31 PM
The PN Gears WILL NOT work with PN 98mm spurs... They are not recessed internally enough.