PDA

View Full Version : RV Project AM 27MHz Micro Fine-Tun Esc Unit (4WD) problems

ScoobyPete
2009.10.26, 07:09 PM
Me and a some friends bought some of these boards and of the 3 out of 4 sofar have had problems.

2 have the same problem and the 3rd has different issue and the 4th is still in the bag awaiting collection.

All three opend boards have had numerous disconected wires which have needed re soldering. (Why such Cheap wire??? we'd all gladly pay a bit more for decent wires :mad:)

2 boards do not have smooth acceleartion and they are not reaching top speed. The volt meter shows 5v at batteries and only 4v at the motor at full throttle.

The other one is a steering problem. It refuses to centre.
Out of the car we can get it to centre and the servo motor to stay still and the steering works fine.

As soon as we put the motor into the servo it just wrenches to one side and no amount of trim or steering input makes any difference. We thought it may be crossed wires on the pot but we have checked with a board still in the packet and they are correct. We're at loss with all 3 boards any advice is gratefully recived.

Traveler
2009.10.26, 07:13 PM
I have no first hand experience with these boards, but from what I have read here on the forums, this is par for the course. Have you tried a search here to see what others have reported as issues and possible fixes?

wildthing
2009.10.26, 07:16 PM
I feel sorry about that experience of yours.

But thank you very much for the advisory that the RV Project board is no good.

I'll stick with my DIYs...

paul_england
2009.10.27, 06:22 AM
i bought one which also the servo motor just goes to the left, wires are crap too.

addicted
2009.10.27, 07:55 AM
many of the custom boards do not seem to be up to the job - avoid all :)
and as for the 4 boards you have just bought, perhaps demand a refund for such shoddy workmanship ?
i havent heard anything good about any of the custom boards tbh

mleemor60
2009.10.27, 08:46 AM
Always remember that the bitter taste of poor quality is far stronger and long lasting than the sweet taste of low price.

You get what you pay for.

mikedw
2009.10.27, 11:07 AM
You are getting what you pay for, now that they are available for under $30. I had two of them and they were both defective and I paid over $50 each. So they are poor quality and should not be sold, not just sold cheaper.

doug01n
2009.10.27, 11:24 AM
A friend of mine bring one of theese RV fine tune things for RWD to be mounted in a chassis. I notice the poor wiring too, and also there's a problem with the acceleration too. It doesn't mantein the acceleration at the top, or in the meadle of the trigher corse. So... The motor looks like to be all the time loosing contact with the board.

Hate it too....

LancerEvo
2009.10.30, 11:50 PM
I got mine and it worked fine, if not better than the kyosho mini-z boards.

I replaced all of my wires with CAT5 (the ones found in ethernet cables) and you have to switch the servo motor wires or they will wrench to one side once you try to steer. It took me 3 hours to figure (that my servo wires were reversed) that out and it wrecked my power switch during the process of taking the board in and out of my mini-z.

ScoobyPete
2009.10.31, 08:05 PM
Cheers for the replys guys :)

and you have to switch the servo motor wires or they will wrench to one side once you try to steer. It took me 3 hours to figure (that my servo wires were reversed) that out and it wrecked my power switch during the process of taking the board in and out of my mini-z.

I was just posting to say we'd figured it out after swaping pots and servo motors in and out we it swapped the wires over and bingo problem solved. Although If only you'd posted a few days earlier LancerEvo :) it would have saved us loads of head scratching :lol: It's wierd that the other 2 boards servo's were wired correctly and 1 wasn't ??????????