PDA

View Full Version : 3D RCP track animation

Sponge
2009.10.29, 06:47 PM
Hi all!
I'm not sure if it's the right place to post but, since it's a video (well animation actually), I thought this would be the right place :D

Anyway, I've been working all evening on making an 3D RCP track with Google SketchUp :D I'm not too well with the program yet, but I think I did pretty well on this one :o

I think the demensions of the barriers are a bit off but I couldn't find any measurements on the web :( But I personally think it look okay the way it is now :)

It's just a simple standard layout, and I've only made the 4 standard track segments (straight, finish line, inside- and outside turn). I try to make the other segments maybe tomorrow or this weekend/next week.

Hope you'll like it! :D

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK3vih-OLSY)

herman
2009.10.29, 10:35 PM
nice work...

it would be really cool if you had a car running on the track... :D

Sponge
2009.10.30, 04:40 AM
Yeah, that would be really awesome :D But I don't think that's something SketchUp is able to do :(

But I was wondering if anyone would be able to do a few measurements for me :o I made the tiles 50x50cm, but I don't know what the size of the side rails and the thinkness of the tiles themselfs are. Any help would be very appriciated :D

hrdrvr
2009.10.30, 08:43 AM
I dont have my metric rule, but I just went out and checked for you with a standard tape measure. The tile itself is 1/2" thick, and the walls are 1 3/64 " tall.

PridgeoK
2009.10.30, 08:30 PM
That is pretty cool.

Check out my sketchup template for RCP in the support forum: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27185

I can e-mail you my entire set if you want - send me a PM. All the measurements I did are pretty damn close, if not dead-on. Of course I did it in metric (being a Canuck) and they pan out very well, especially with the Mini-96, which I spent more time on. Sketchup conversions are excellent, of course, so switch to whatever you're comfortable with.

Kev.

Sponge
2009.11.01, 04:20 AM
That would be really helpfull :D Only thing is, it tried to download the sets you posted in that thread, but they were made with version 7 and i'm using version 6, I tried to update it, but it says i'm using the most up to date version :s Anyway, I'll send you my e-mail anyway, for when i manage to update to 7 :P

Thanks!