PDA

View Full Version : MR-03 wheelbase

JeremyC
2009.11.02, 07:09 PM
A lot of people think the 94mm wheelbase is a bit too twitchy, and that is one reason that a lot of people have moved to the 96mm. It seems like the MR-03 has significantly improved control; do you think that people are going to be running the shorter wheelbases as a result?

-Jer

bermbuster
2009.11.02, 07:40 PM
A lot of people think the 94mm wheelbase is a bit too twitchy, and that is one reason that a lot of people have moved to the 96mm. It seems like the MR-03 has significantly improved control; do you think that people are going to be running the shorter wheelbases as a result?

-Jer

Im going to go the 94mm narrow body route once my replacement chassis arrives from Kyosho.

EMU
2009.11.02, 08:16 PM
Its not that 94mm is twitchy, it is that most 94mm cars have off throttle oversteer and on throttle push due to the battery location. In general, longer wheelbases will give you more stability, but reduce the responsiveness. In general, for larger tracks, 98mm is a better option. Smaller tracks, 94mm...

tlkris
2009.11.03, 09:51 AM
I maybe wrong in this assumption... But for me, using 94mm I don't feel as stable with the car. In 98mm I get my stability, but lack the responsiveness. Oh yeah, this is using the MR02. So, I like using Reflex Racing's 96mm.

I don't have an MR03 yet, but what I've heard that with its narrow chassis you have more responsiveness. So I'm thinking with a 98mm, you have more response than an MR02 and still keep the 98mm stability.

Just my .02 cents