PDA

View Full Version : Online data - ZViewer

zround
2009.11.06, 06:57 PM
Many people has asked how to enable ZRound to stream real time data over internet. This allows people to see lap times at home while race is running on the track.

You will see next a diagram of how ZRound/ZViewer work.
http://www.zround.com/image/ConexionRemota.jpg

ZRound has the possibility of transmitting real time data to ZViewer by checking the “Activate Service” option in the “Remote” configuration page. You can use the TCP Port you want, by default 5000 is used. You must “open” the port used on your router/firewall to allow ZViewer clients to connect. If your PC has a LAN connection to reach internet through a router, you must enable NAT on the router to redirect the TCP Port ZRound traffic to the ZRound LAN IP address.

The connection is done peer to peer from ZViewer to ZRound, you don’t need any other server, only an TCP/IP (LAN or WAN) connection between them as you see on the picture. To prevent too many users trying to connect your server ZRound allows you to limit the amount of concurrent connection by using the “Max connections” option into the Remote configuration page.

http://www.zround.com/image/configremoto.jpg

If you have a domain registered, may by your DNS provider let you use dynamic IP for your domains. This is done by installing a little piece of software which updates the DNS entry with the public IP address that you have everytime.

At home, the users only need to know what is the public IP address (or server name resolved by a DNS) which grants the connection to ZRound and which port you are using. To start remote session you must use the File/Connect to ZRound menu ...
http://www.zround.com/image/ZViewerMenuConexion.jpg

Then you must write the ZRound server name and port with the sintax: "server : port". If you only write "server", the TCP default port (5000) will be used.

http://www.zround.com/image/ZViewerConexion.jpg

You can upload a ZRound Track Definition (generated with ZRound Track Desginer) to your website and ZViewer will simulate race on the track design.

In the example, ZViewer will connect to zround.myserver.com and it will download the track design from http://www.zround.com/track.zts.txt

Jesús
--------
http://www.zround.com

ffreitas
2012.10.19, 06:49 PM
Jesus,

Is it possible to add an individual driver lap time call out option to Zviewer?

What I would like to do is to pair a bluetooth headset to a notebook running Zviewer (properly connected to our club's desktop running Zround, through TCP port 5000) and have my lap times called out.

This would be a workaround solution to implement the same type of the Android mobile app functionality, without the need of an Android device (phone or tablet). The benefit would be that while I do not have an Android device, I do have a notebook that I can take to the track.

I understand all the info is already being send from Zround to Zviewer, so the only missing part is the option to select the info of just one driver to be called out by Zviewer (as opposed to the existing text to speach option that calls out all events).

Thanks in advance for your attention and congratulations on a great software.

zround
2012.10.20, 02:34 AM
Jesus,

Is it possible to add an individual driver lap time call out option to Zviewer?

What I would like to do is to pair a bluetooth headset to a notebook running Zviewer (properly connected to our club's desktop running Zround, through TCP port 5000) and have my lap times called out.

This would be a workaround solution to implement the same type of the Android mobile app functionality, without the need of an Android device (phone or tablet). The benefit would be that while I do not have an Android device, I do have a notebook that I can take to the track.

I understand all the info is already being send from Zround to Zviewer, so the only missing part is the option to select the info of just one driver to be called out by Zviewer (as opposed to the existing text to speach option that calls out all events).

Thanks in advance for your attention and congratulations on a great software.

Yes, you can. Open the “Racers” page and use the context menú to enable the “Read Laps” option on the selected racer.

You must enable ZViewer as Voice Server by using the Text to Speech option in the Tools main menu.

Enjoy ZRound!

Jesus.

ScoobyPete
2012.11.07, 08:58 AM
Silly question.

We have or own website from freewebs and I wondered how we set up a page for the zviewer?

I am a complete noob when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Thanks

zround
2012.11.07, 06:05 PM
Silly question.

We have or own website from freewebs and I wondered how we set up a page for the zviewer?

I am a complete noob when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Thanks

You cannot. For the meantime ZViewer needs a direct connection to the race manager.

Jesus.

ffreitas
2012.11.12, 08:30 PM
Is there a way to change the number of decimal places read out by ZViewer when using the text to speech option?

zround
2012.11.13, 02:43 PM
Is there a way to change the number of decimal places read out by ZViewer when using the text to speech option?

Not yet, but I was testing it last weekend and I think it would be a good option ... coming soon.

Regards.

NoBrainer
2012.11.19, 05:19 AM
How is it possible to upload race results directly to a web-host?
Is it also possible to upload to a web-host to be able to vew online live data?

Like a front page, and then dates for when the races went on. Then the races.
Maybe also allow training and not just races?

If it's possible??

Sinister_Y
2012.11.19, 07:18 AM
Take a look at my site (link in my signature). This is a custom built site for R/C club/business purposes but it is also being repurposed at this time to be generic for any business.

We have functionality that all you do is zip the html and jpeg files created by Zround and press a button to upload. The results to the "Race Schedule" page along with the latest file being displayed on the front page of the website.

If interested, PM me.

NoBrainer
2012.11.19, 07:22 AM
Ah cool.
Something like that would be cool.

I don't have a site set up, but I have a "blanck" page.
I will send you a PM....

NoBrainer
2012.11.19, 08:04 AM
That's true.
You can just upload the races from ZRound, but that it's just organized races and not training.

Would be fun to see all training also.

NoBrainer
2012.11.21, 12:17 PM
ZRound Viewer 1.12 build 1 can't change languageon win 7 64-bit.
I'm not that good in spanish...

NoBrainer
2012.11.21, 04:37 PM
The list of previosn servers don't show at restart.
ZViewer don't update correct if you reset best lap.

NoBrainer
2012.11.21, 04:38 PM
The list of previosn servers don't show at restart.
ZViewer don't update correct if you reset best lap.
ZViewer don't update laps correct if you connect into the training