PDA

View Full Version : AWD sounds strange, and servo moving on throttle.. See video

naesager
2009.11.14, 01:17 PM
Hi guys,

This is really annoying.

1. My AWD sounds like a lawnmover.. I've tried shimming everything, greased everything that can be greased.. And it dosn't help.. I'm wondering if the sound points to a binding issue.. However when pulling out the motor, the chassis rolls quite nice.. Any ideas appreciated!

2. Why does the servo twitch when appling throttle?

Link to the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWe-8uQwhBw

Thanks!

Action B
2009.11.14, 01:31 PM
Hi guys,

This is really annoying.

1. My AWD sounds like a lawnmover.. I've tried shimming everything, greased everything that can be greased.. And it dosn't help.. I'm wondering if the sound points to a binding issue.. However when pulling out the motor, the chassis rolls quite nice.. Any ideas appreciated!

2. Why does the servo twitch when appling throttle?

Link to the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWe-8uQwhBw

Thanks!

2. This happened to me once I had to clean out the potentiometer.

mk2kompressor
2009.11.14, 02:12 PM
check the power wires are tight under the board on the servo top cover for the glitch.
the motor sounds like its being squeezed when you either fit it in the chassis or fit the motor holder.
some motor cans like the pn 70t do this when used with atomic a/b plates and atomic motor cooler

Action B
2009.11.14, 03:43 PM
check the power wires are tight under the board on the servo top cover for the glitch.
the motor sounds like its being squeezed when you either fit it in the chassis or fit the motor holder.
some motor cans like the pn 70t do this when used with atomic a/b plates and atomic motor cooler

Mayas car was binding really bad. Could this happen with the PN 70 turn and the stock motor holders and atomic motor cooler? We've been trying to troubleshoot a problem just like this.

mk2kompressor
2009.11.14, 04:06 PM
yes it could,the pn cans have a bigger diameter front bearing/bush hole.
i usually ream out the A plate hole a little to ensure its not squishing the motor in there.
when you push it in,it actually bends the endbell out of shape slightly,causing the motor to have mis-aligned bushes and bind up.
had the same problem many times with my setup,the pn motor plates are fine but when used with the atm cooler,it may cause them to go out of alignment also:)

naesager
2009.11.14, 04:24 PM
2. This happened to me once I had to clean out the potentiometer.

I might give that a go.. But.. It's really small.. Couldn't I just swap it for 1 that came of an AM board?

naesager
2009.11.14, 04:32 PM

The power wires.. Well their connected.. Might have to resolder the whole board.. I'm quite unhappy with the way it looks at the moment.. I'll pay special attention to all the wires.. Do you think it matters if theres 1-2 mm's of bare wire, or should it be completly isolated? The main reason I ask is, that I have glitches where it on different parts of the track, dosnt respond. It's funny, because 1 of my codrivers dosn't experience any problems with his ad-band board.. Can it be my wiring? Can it be the crystals? Etc?

About the motor.. Well, I use ATM motormounts, ATM motorcooler and an ATM stock motor.. It dosn't feel like theres much binding going on, and the "pin".. Seems to be straight when I pull my motorpinion out.. However, I did find that I usually had to force the motormount on.. After looking closely at the motorspace, and the motor itself, It looks like theres some "grinding" on the motorwires.. I've tried to pack them neetly, and it seems like the motormount fits better..

Just charging batteries, then well see if it helped with the noice :D

naesager
2009.11.14, 04:40 PM
.. Just charging batteries, then well see if it helped with the noice :D

Well, the sound is not a kind of empty ratteling anymore.. Now it's just noizy.

My friend has this mr02.. And it's like an .. electric car.. You guys know what I mean.. It's silent as a.. Nothing..

Action B
2009.11.14, 07:41 PM
I might give that a go.. But.. It's really small.. Couldn't I just swap it for 1 that came of an AM board?

To be honest I havent even seen a 2.4 disassembled so I don't know.

Cleaning is easy though. I just used some electric parts cleaner and then oiled it with electrical switch oil. Oh yeah you have to take off the clear film too with a hobby knife. Assuming its the same as AM potentiometer.

Action B
2009.11.14, 07:42 PM
yes it could,the pn cans have a bigger diameter front bearing/bush hole.
i usually ream out the A plate hole a little to ensure its not squishing the motor in there.
when you push it in,it actually bends the endbell out of shape slightly,causing the motor to have mis-aligned bushes and bind up.
had the same problem many times with my setup,the pn motor plates are fine but when used with the atm cooler,it may cause them to go out of alignment also:)

Oh wow, so the motor is probably ruined?

Eman
2009.11.15, 01:02 AM
After looking closely at the motorspace, and the motor itself, It looks like theres some "grinding" on the motorwires.

I usually put a small piece of electric tape above the motor on the bottom side of the PCB. Also a small piece on the back of the servo motor. Just to help eliminate a chance arcing.

mk2kompressor
2009.11.15, 03:34 AM
Oh wow, so the motor is probably ruined?

nope it will run fine once removed from the car,unless its been in there for ages.

sorry for taking this off the original topic:o

Action B
2009.11.15, 04:58 AM
nope it will run fine once removed from the car,unless its been in there for ages.

sorry for taking this off the original topic:o

Yes sorry. But thanks m2kompressor. This was absolutely her problem. With my motor holder (3racing) it does not bind!

phea
2009.11.15, 05:19 AM
sounds like pinion/spur is binding.

mk2kompressor
2009.11.15, 06:10 AM
Yes sorry. But thanks m2kompressor. This was absolutely her problem. With my motor holder (3racing) it does not bind!

glad i could help:)
maybe a tutorial is needed;)