PDA

View Full Version : Helios - less steering input?

lfisminiz
2009.11.14, 08:42 PM
On the Helios, is there a setting that you can turn the steering wheel, LESS, right to left to turn the same amount as "full" right to left that i have now. In other words can you set up your steering input (turning the knob, right to left), so you dont have to turn the knod as much but still get full steering?

Hope this makes sense.:)

yasuji
2009.11.14, 08:51 PM
On the Helios, is there a setting that you can turn the steering wheel, LESS, right to left to turn the same amount as "full" right to left that i have now. In other words can you set up your steering input (turning the knob, right to left), so you dont have to turn the knod as much but still get full steering?

get the wheel off a ex1 ur;)

lfisminiz
2009.11.14, 09:00 PM
Grant, thats not exactly what i was looking for.;) Actually, im thinking about the new Ko, helios thats comming out soon....forgot the name of it.

Congrats on your store/track. Sounds like it taking off.:)

briankstan
2009.11.14, 10:35 PM
what you need to do is turn the st. travel up or down until you find what you like. it decreases or increases the sensitivity of the the wheel movement. :)

chad508
2009.11.14, 10:50 PM
i know on my 3pk it can be done with curve. not a perfect way but if you set end points up higher and cut curve up it will work. just not sure helios have curve settings

byebye
2009.11.14, 11:37 PM

ST-BALANCE

Then turn the steering wheel right or left then turn the knob on the right to adjust it +/-. I've used this before during an endurance race when tires started to wear and it would pull more to one side or it would oversteer more to one side than the other. It really should only be used in that instance otherwise your suspension or tire setup may have issues and you are not getting the full potential from your setup.

Kris

arch2b
2009.11.14, 11:50 PM
thank you guys, i was just trying to recall how to adjust this today. my megane turns further one direction than the other.

lfisminiz
2009.11.15, 02:10 AM
Very appreciated. Like Ray, i couldnt remember anymore.:)

imxlr8ed
2009.11.16, 02:46 AM
ST-BALANCE

Then turn the steering wheel right or left then turn the knob on the right to adjust it +/-. I've used this before during an endurance race when tires started to wear and it would pull more to one side or it would oversteer more to one side than the other. It really should only be used in that instance otherwise your suspension or tire setup may have issues and you are not getting the full potential from your setup.

Kris

You can do this directly just by turning the wheel full to one side and hitting the top trim button left or right. You don't need to scroll through the menu for ST-BALANCE.

Sure you guys know this already.

Traveler
2009.11.16, 06:51 AM
thank you guys, i was just trying to recall how to adjust this today. my megane turns further one direction than the other.

Arch, Let me know if your problem is similar to the one I described here http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33084

byebye
2009.11.16, 08:09 AM
You can do this directly just by turning the wheel full to one side and hitting the top trim button left or right. You don't need to scroll through the menu for ST-BALANCE.

Sure you guys know this already.

OH no kidding! Nice you can do it on the fly.

Thanks!
Kris

tlsotf
2009.11.16, 09:42 AM

Yasuji is correct.

The special edition of the Helios the C2 came with a smaller steering wheel made of aluminum which is the same smaller diameter as the one on the EX1UR, but the EX1 is made from plastic. The Smaller diameter gives you over all less steering throw from end to end. The special feature about this steering wheel is that it has 2 holes on the top that allow you to insert an allen wrench and restrict the movement of the wheel which could be made as short as you like via 2 set screws. Once you have adjusted the steering wheel to how you would like it you would need to go to the VR adjustment to align the radios maximum travel to the new shorter steering wheel throw.

Hope this Helps

lfisminiz
2009.11.16, 09:50 AM
Excellent!! Thats more what i meant. The actual turning of wheel with your fingers.:)