PDA

View Full Version : HFAY BTE #3 January 2, 2010

VAzRACER
2009.11.17, 04:41 PM
I talked to Bill today and it looks like we will be able to use his shop for this race. A few of the guys from PA. should be joining us too. There is plenty of room for the track and pit spaces and the building is heated too.

The race will be held at

224 Industrial CT.
Fredericksburg, VA 22408

Its on Rt1 only a mile off 95.

arch2b
2009.11.17, 07:17 PM
Count me in:). Let's just hope work does't intervene.

Full Montee
2009.11.17, 07:41 PM
I'm in :eek:

Skv012a
2009.11.18, 12:38 AM
Now this looks good, hopefully I won't have any exams around this time.

TALLGEESE
2009.11.18, 11:56 AM
I should be there for this one, I hope Ed and a couple of the other PA guys can make it down to race..

Mike Keely
2009.11.18, 07:53 PM
What does BTE stand for?

arch2b
2009.11.18, 08:16 PM
Big Track Event :)

Action B
2009.11.18, 09:43 PM
Maya and I are likely to attend.

imxlr8ed
2009.11.19, 04:50 PM
Might take some convincing but I think gasman is onboard. Greg sounds like he's down (I think) Larry will prolly have to be forced, but I don't think it will take much. Really want to drag some of our newbies down there but it's tough to get them together for these (busy schedules).

VAzRACER
2009.11.19, 04:56 PM
Might take some convincing but I think gasman is onboard. Greg sounds like he's down (I think) Larry will prolly have to be forced, but I don't think it will take much. Really want to drag some of our newbies down there but it's tough to get them together for these (busy schedules).

I found rope and duct tape work very well in these situations.:eek: Just trow everyone in the back of Larry's truck and drive them down here.:p

I posted in the other thread but I will do it here too. If you can Ed, bring one wide inside turn with you, we only have three. Thanks.

lfisminiz
2009.11.19, 10:11 PM
Guys, as of now, i should be comming along.:)

VAzRACER
2009.11.22, 01:05 AM
Update: I talked to Bill Friday and we cannot get the space for the 12th. We are going to aim for the 19th now and if we cant ger that then it might be the 5th. Bill will know more by the end of Moday so I will talk to him and update everyone.

Action B
2009.11.22, 01:37 AM
Update: I talked to Bill Friday and we cannot get the space for the 12th. We are going to aim for the 19th now and if we cant ger that then it might be the 5th. Bill will know more by the end of Moday so I will talk to him and update everyone.

Keep in mind the 5th will be a conflict with the carolina christmas challenge. In case some of you planned on going there.

hilldebrandt
2009.11.22, 01:09 PM
Guys, I'll be down for this one as well...depending on the date...

I've already met some of the DC crew, looking foward to meeting the rest !

Mike Keely
2009.11.22, 08:24 PM
I should be able to make it if it is on the 5th. The weekend of the 12th I have a paintball game with my son. Not sure if I cound make that day.

VAzRACER
2009.11.22, 09:18 PM
I should be able to make it if it is on the 5th. The weekend of the 12th I have a paintball game with my son. Not sure if I cound make that day.

We are going to aim for the 19th. If we cant get that then we will do the 5th.

lfisminiz
2009.11.22, 09:52 PM
I should be good the 19TH.:)

VAzRACER
2009.11.23, 04:07 PM
It is confirmed, the new date for this race will be the 19th of December at the original location in the first post.

Raymond, I tried to edit the title but cant figure out how. Is it possible to change the title of this thread?

hilldebrandt
2009.11.23, 08:00 PM
Well, that leaves me out.
The 19th is too close to Christmas, as I need to keep that weekend open...
Good luck to everyone, and I'll try to make the June BTE.

Skv012a
2009.11.24, 08:57 AM
Maya and I are likely to attend.

Sounds like a rematch to me ;)

Mike Keely
2009.12.03, 08:36 PM
What classes will be run?

VAzRACER
2009.12.03, 08:40 PM
Stock, mod and F1. Mod is open to any motor. Stack and F1 are both 70t. The rules are posted on the website if you need them.

lfisminiz
2009.12.03, 09:26 PM
Mike, it will be good to see you again.

LARRY

arch2b
2009.12.03, 09:30 PM
i'm going to bring brandon for stock class so if robert brings christina again, i'll run with those 2 in stock class.

Skv012a
2009.12.03, 09:45 PM
Matt, will need your ICS magic to remove servo chatter from 03 servo if you don't mind (unless thats just how it is) :)

VAzRACER
2009.12.04, 12:19 PM
Matt, will need your ICS magic to remove servo chatter from 03 servo if you don't mind (unless thats just how it is) :)

Its a digital servo, it makes noise because it is constantly correcting its self to find center. The sound wont go away unless the servo isnt working. I have also read that the hand held ICS tuner is not compatable with 03's.

Skv012a
2009.12.04, 12:37 PM
Its a digital servo, it makes noise because it is constantly correcting its self to find center. The sound wont go away unless the servo isnt working. I have also read that the hand held ICS tuner is not compatable with 03's.

Hmm, I guess we'll just see if mine has any problems or not and how my setup handles. I'm glad to finally have a spare MR to play with unlike when I was starting out.

Full Montee
2009.12.04, 11:24 PM
i'm going to bring brandon for stock class so if robert brings christina again, i'll run with those 2 in stock class.

Christina is planning on joining us on the 19th. Just need to get some practice in and make sure we have all the gremlins worked out that cut her runtime short last race.

Mike Keely
2009.12.05, 06:11 AM
Stock, mod and F1. Mod is open to any motor. Stack and F1 are both 70t. The rules are posted on the website if you need them.

What web site?

hrdrvr
2009.12.05, 09:05 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33217

My pdf reader is having a problem, and I couldnt check out the event manual. If the rules arent in there, you can click the HFAY link in Brains signature, and find it on the site Matt was refering to :D

Skv012a
2009.12.05, 10:31 AM
I'll be crazy to try the new 03 straight in mod, but given that my only good motors left are speedy 07 and AWD, I've no choice :D

arch2b
2009.12.16, 02:39 PM
everyone ready to run? i just ordered a couple more things to complete my cars. i don't think i'm going to get them in time for this event though.

my m3 mr-03 just isn't planted enough to run in mod class anything. i've got some suspension droop in the rear to work out to keep it planted. right now the stock plate and oil damper just don't keep it level.

i've still got some on power pull to the right in my hfay car i'm trying to work out but it's at least running smooth for the most part. i still haven't found the sweet spot in diff tension yet. it always feels either just too loose or too tight making the on power pull even worse.

as is typical, i have not touched my f1 since the last hfay race. it was running great then, lets hope it still is.

lfisminiz
2009.12.16, 04:54 PM
Ray, as far as i know of right now...there should be 4 of us comming down. Hopefully we will be there around 10 or so. If i can get Ed moving......;):rolleyes::D. Looking forward to it. Last time i ran was with Matt at Majs big race in November.

LARRY

VAzRACER
2009.12.16, 05:34 PM
I think I'm ready, I'm working on my cars right now. It will be good seeing everyone again. I might use an 03 for mod, I am definitely using an 03 for stock. They are awesome cars, so easy to drive.

Larry, could you please remember to bring the 4 wide inside turns for the track. Thank you very much.

Mike Keely
2009.12.16, 06:12 PM
I think I'm ready, I'm working on my cars right now. It will be good seeing everyone again. I might use an 03 for mod, I am definitely using an 03 for stock. They are awesome cars, so easy to drive.

Larry, could you please remember to bring the 4 wide inside turns for the track. Thank you very much.

Do you have two MR-03's now?

VAzRACER
2009.12.16, 06:51 PM
Do you have two MR-03's now?

Yea:o. I have had two, the other one wasnt built until last weekend that why nobody knew about it. I can officialy say I'm broke now.:rolleyes:

I think it was worth it though.:D

TALLGEESE
2009.12.16, 06:57 PM
Looks like the turnout for this event should be really good. I Hope to see everyone there, as well as the usual suspects[Matt, Ringer, Mike, etc..]..

Skv012a
2009.12.16, 07:19 PM
Looks like the turnout for this event should be really good. I Hope to see everyone there, as well as the usual suspects[Matt, Ringer, Mike, etc..]..

As long as you'll make it there yourself lol.

lfisminiz
2009.12.16, 08:26 PM
MATT - wide insides, no problem. Like you, i might run my 03s in both classes to. Not sure but what better way to test, tune, and run them and get the bugs out. If you need to try some hop-up parts....i have some.;)

Jeremy - It will be good to see you again.....we will get some good laughs.:D

VAzRACER
2009.12.16, 08:40 PM
MATT - wide insides, no problem. Like you, i might run my 03s in both classes to. Not sure but what better way to test, tune, and run them and get the bugs out. If you need to try some hop-up parts....i have some.;)

Jeremy - It will be good to see you again.....we will get some good laughs.:D

I might try some of the kyosho t plates if you have them. I need to get my hands on some, I have always perfered them over PN t plates. Thanks again for the turns. Talk to you soon.

Skv012a
2009.12.16, 09:08 PM
Speaking of, does anyone have RM 03 carbon plates?

lfisminiz
2009.12.16, 09:11 PM
Matt/Skv - i have both T plates (MM/RM). I have a couple brands of MM T plates, mostly.:)

hrdrvr
2009.12.16, 09:21 PM
We ran our event tonight and had a great turn-out, and some good runs! I cant wait to see how every one does! Good luck to all of you, especially the guys I know ;)

Matt, I broke an F1 side plate in qualifying, and couldnt get it together for the main :( Ill still be watching to see how you do :D

arch2b
2009.12.16, 09:51 PM
only t plates i could find were pn so i ordered 2 soft plates. it's unlikely i'll get them before sat. though.

VAzRACER
2009.12.16, 10:19 PM
We ran our event tonight and had a great turn-out, and some good runs! I cant wait to see how every one does! Good luck to all of you, especially the guys I know ;)

Matt, I broke an F1 side plate in qualifying, and couldnt get it together for the main :( Ill still be watching to see how you do :D

I havent driven either of my F1's in a month or so and I didnt get alot of time on them when I did so we will see what happens. Honestly i'm not concentrating very hard on F1 right now.

only t plates i could find were pn so i ordered 2 soft plates. it's unlikely i'll get them before sat. though.

The PN soft ones work good. They just made a #2. The #3 and #4 are the ones I have been using with good results. When did the stuff ship? Normally it only takes 2 days to get there so you might have a chance.

imxlr8ed
2009.12.17, 01:21 PM
Forecast down your way calling for "HEAVY SNOW" on saturday...

Ok, so I guess it becomes a question of either dedication levels or rescheduling the race. Personally, I'll drive through anything... but then the next question is that if anyone else will be able to tolerate said driving experience.

What accumulations are they calling for down there?

lfisminiz
2009.12.17, 03:24 PM
Ill make my decission Friday night. At this point it doesnt look good.:( I wont take chances to go that far. Then again, if its bad with you guys, maybe you wont be running either?

We will see.

LARRY

Mike Keely
2009.12.17, 04:11 PM

I have your batteries. I will give them to you the next time I se you. I hope it will be this weekend.

VAzRACER
2009.12.17, 05:07 PM
Forecast down your way calling for "HEAVY SNOW" on saturday...

Ok, so I guess it becomes a question of either dedication levels or rescheduling the race. Personally, I'll drive through anything... but then the next question is that if anyone else will be able to tolerate said driving experience.

What accumulations are they calling for down there?

The weather people arent giving accumulations, I think because they have no idea whats going on.:( I drove to the track a few weeks ago in the snow, driving there was alot worse than getting back. I love how people still do 70mph when the road has 1-2 inches of slush on it.

You guys will have to decide what to do Friday night of Saturday morning. I will decide then too. I will drive through some crap, if it is too bad I might just skip it but we'll see.

hilldebrandt
2009.12.17, 05:27 PM
As of right now, AccuWeather is forecasting anywhere from 6 to 12 inches total for Fredericksburg by Saturday night.:eek:

imxlr8ed
2009.12.17, 05:30 PM
Gasman says he's out... old men droppin like flies up here! ;)

I swear, if I hear all day tomorrow about the storm of the century... and it turns out to be only a dusting... :mad:

TALLGEESE
2009.12.17, 05:33 PM
As of right now, AccuWeather is forecasting anywhere from 6 to 12 inches total for Fredericksburg by Saturday night.:eek:
Where you planning on coming down? It'd be good to run with you again..
I have your batteries. I will give them to you the next time I se you. I hope it will be this weekend.
Thanks Mike, hopefully we'll be racing this weekend and I can pick them up from you..
You guys will have to decide what to do Friday night of Saturday morning. I will decide then too. I will drive through some crap, if it is too bad I might just skip it but we'll see.
You know you'll drive through just about anything to race.. snow, sleet, ice storms etc..

hilldebrandt
2009.12.17, 05:49 PM
Jeremy, as much as I want to come down, I can't make it. I'm making about 50 lbs of smoked italian sausage from scratch Saturday (Christmas presents for family...;) )
If you guys decide to hold it another day, I probably can make it...

TALLGEESE
2009.12.17, 06:22 PM
Jeremy, as much as I want to come down, I can't make it. I'm making about 50 lbs of smoked italian sausage from scratch Saturday (Christmas presents for family...;) )
If you guys decide to hold it another day, I probably can make it...

Food sounds good right about now, sorry you can't make it, I guess I'll see you next time.

arch2b
2009.12.17, 06:22 PM
if it's only a few inches, i'll be coming unless it gets canceled. family plans on going to aquia anyway.

if anyone needs a place to crash saturday, i have plenty of couch space :)

Action B
2009.12.17, 07:02 PM
I'm playing by ear. I really like my car and don't want anyone to hit me or anything. Its AWD though so I would be okay if it werent for other drivers.

arch2b
2009.12.17, 08:18 PM
Don't risk life,limb or your car. We will see you for hfay at hobby works :)

Skv012a
2009.12.17, 08:25 PM
MOST of the drive is on highways and state DOES clear them asap, so I don't see a little snow getting in our way here.

VAzRACER
2009.12.17, 08:38 PM
MOST of the drive is on highways and state DOES clear them asap, so I don't see a little snow getting in our way here.

The state doesnt always clear them very fast though, trust me.:rolleyes: I drove to Awesome the last time it had snowed, 28 wasnt bad but 17 had'nt even been touched, I was driving on slush and snow so thick I couldnt turn out of it to change lanes. Not alot of fun.:(

VAzRACER
2009.12.17, 08:45 PM
After talking with a few people it looks like it might be best if we call this off and set up a new date. It sounds like the guys from PA wont be able to come and we might even have trouble making it there too. We will figure out a new date soon so hopfully everone will still be able to come.

If the weather doesnt get too bad a few of us should be at Awesome. I wont know if I'm going until Satuday morninig. It will just depend on how much snow and ice there is.

I am asking Brian for an extension so we could hold the race on Jan. 2nd.
The only other date would be the 26th of Dec, but I think that would be too close to xmas. What do you guys think?

lfisminiz
2009.12.17, 09:35 PM
Matt, given the forcast...probably a good idea. Id rather try it again and get as many people there as possible. Dates for me that SHOULD be good are....

26th...like you said tho, pretty close to x-mas
27th..im off the next week, so no problem
2nd.

Let us know absolutly for sure that its cancelled by 2morrow.

Mike Keely
2009.12.17, 09:59 PM
I already have plans for another race on the 26th. Jan 2nd sounds better for me.

briankstan
2009.12.18, 12:32 AM
you guys can have an extension and run on January 2nd. then just get the results in as soon as possible.

Skv012a
2009.12.18, 01:36 AM
So Awesome for us locals to tinker around and this thing bumped to 2nd, yes?

arch2b
2009.12.18, 08:56 AM
as of this morning, they are calling for 6-11 inches in my area. it's always worse down in rebel country :p i think it's a safe to call this off for this weekend and shoot for the 2nd. i've free and hfay is the following weekend after that.

sorry nature would not cooperate fellas. my and brandon had been really looking forward to racing this weekend.

igor, if frederick hobby town us still racing dnano's this saturday, i will likely be there. it's not to far for me.

imxlr8ed
2009.12.18, 09:18 AM
The 2nd works for me, as I'm sure it will work for most of my crew.

Skv012a
2009.12.18, 10:06 AM
igor, if frederick hobby town us still racing dnano's this saturday, i will likely be there. it's not to far for me.

Do you know if they even started? Plus its a nano track plus potential nano guys and I'd hate to get in the way, but let me know since I don't mind a drive up there at all.

arch2b
2009.12.18, 11:46 AM
Do you know if they even started? Plus its a nano track plus potential nano guys and I'd hate to get in the way, but let me know since I don't mind a drive up there at all.

ken told me they have their track and he was planning on going saturday.

arch2b
2009.12.20, 09:43 PM
so how much snow did you guys get down there? i got about 18" after it all settled down today. i love snow so i thought it was wonderful.

VAzRACER
2009.12.20, 11:51 PM
Measured around 19-21 depending on where I was in the yard. With the way the wind was it was hard to get a good measurement. Took an hour and a half to dig my car out.:(

My car is the lump next to the light pole. Luckly I put the cover on there Friday night so it was east to get the snow off.;) The snow drift on the passenger side covered up the entire side of the car.:eek:

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/wardmwa/001.jpg

Other side.

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/wardmwa/001-1.jpg

Skv012a
2009.12.21, 12:31 AM
Got a ton up here, prolly same as Arch. Sat night roads were still covered and THAT was fun for me personally. No cars, no cops, just me and the snow.

hilldebrandt
2009.12.21, 07:36 PM
Up here in PA around Reading got between 6 to 10 inches of snow. Philly got hammered with 23.2 inches officially...:eek:

VAzRACER
2009.12.24, 11:15 AM
Guys,

We ran into another snag, Bills boss said we couldnt use the shop on the second. I am going to look into another location on Sunday, its a fire house about 20min from where I live. My parents used it for a b-day party a month ago. There is plenty of space with tabels and chairs availble. Since its not to far from my house it will be easy for me to get my track down there. It would also be closer for you guys from PA.

When I get more info I will let everyone know.

briankstan
2009.12.24, 01:51 PM
Hope everything works out so you can get your races run.

TheRinger
2009.12.25, 04:50 PM
I apologize 2 everyone 4 not getting the location like I said I could. 4 some reason they changed there mind even though the 19th was OK, but now its a problem. The 1 boss I asked the first time is on vacation and I asked a higher up boss this time and he said that he would have 2 ask the owner of the company and till then its no.
I couldn't ask the owner himself because he wasn't around 4 me 2 talk 2. And I'm going out of town this week 2 see family and spend time with my girlfriend so I won't be able 2 find out. I'm pretty sure the higher up boss will forget anyway since he is 2 busy kissing a.. so I'm sorry 4 the inconvenience.

Mike Keely
2009.12.25, 07:33 PM
I apologize 2 everyone 4 not getting the location like I said I could. 4 some reason they changed there mind even though the 19th was OK, but now its a problem. The 1 boss I asked the first time is on vacation and I asked a higher up boss this time and he said that he would have 2 ask the owner of the company and till then its no.
I couldn't ask the owner himself because he wasn't around 4 me 2 talk 2. And I'm going out of town this week 2 see family and spend time with my girlfriend so I won't be able 2 find out. I'm pretty sure the higher up boss will forget anyway since he is 2 busy kissing a.. so I'm sorry 4 the inconvenience.

Not a problem Bill. We all know that if in any way you could have had it you would have.

How much space would you need for the track area? 40 feet x 25 feet? Not sure. If I had a spot in the center of DC do you guys think that you could get the track there and would many people come?

Mike Keely
2009.12.25, 07:37 PM
I am pretty sure that Mimi or the Hobbytown in Fredrick would let us have the race at their place but again we would need to get the track there.

lfisminiz
2009.12.25, 09:45 PM
Bill, no problem at all. Hopefully Matt or.......will get something together in time. IF NOT, let us know. Maybe Ed can get a place up here?;)

Full Montee
2009.12.26, 03:27 PM
looking through the forums it looks like the track itself takes roughly 14' x 30' feet. This doesn't include pit space or drivers area.

Skv012a
2009.12.26, 03:36 PM
I'll stay tuned for the location then. Bill's work would've been perfect given my plans, but I'll be wherever we manage this- too big of a race to miss when its in our area.

VAzRACER
2009.12.26, 04:58 PM
The place I was looking at will not work, It is way to much money. They wanted 500 dollars for one day, freaking crazy. You would think a fire hall would be kind cheap.:confused:

Mike Keely
2009.12.26, 08:12 PM
looking through the forums it looks like the track itself takes roughly 14' x 30' feet. This doesn't include pit space or drivers area.

I have a conference center at my work that I am pretty sure that I could get for free. Free parking with plenty of tables and chairs. It is next to Union Station in DC. Let me know if you want me to look into it.

HobbyTown in Fredrick MD would most likely let us have it at their hobby shop for about $10 a head.

Looks like we are all going to have to travel some know matter where we have it. The track will also need to be transported.

VAzRACER
2009.12.27, 11:53 AM
I have a conference center at my work that I am pretty sure that I could get for free. Free parking with plenty of tables and chairs. It is next to Union Station in DC. Let me know if you want me to look into it.

HobbyTown in Fredrick MD would most likely let us have it at their hobby shop for about $10 a head.

Looks like we are all going to have to travel some know matter where we have it. The track will also need to be transported.

Hey Mike, could you check into racing at Hobbytown. It sounds like a good option. Thanks

Mike Keely
2009.12.27, 06:24 PM
Hey Mike, could you check into racing at Hobbytown. It sounds like a good option. Thanks

I will try to talk to them tomorrow and let everyone know.

imxlr8ed
2009.12.28, 09:51 AM
I got your text Bill, sorry I couldn't respond right away.

I have to check if this track fits in my basement... if it does, it's no problem to have the race at my place. But we are still up for a road trip so if it stays down your way... that's cool as well.

*update* The new layout does fit in my basement... I lose my pit space but who cares! :) If it needs to happen up here in PA, no problem!

VAzRACER
2009.12.28, 12:12 PM

I have to check if this track fits in my basement... if it does, it's no problem to have the race at my place. But we are still up for a road trip so if it stays down your way... that's cool as well.

*update* The new layout does fit in my basement... I lose my pit space but who cares! :) If it needs to happen up here in PA, no problem!

It looks like Mike has found a spot for the race in MD. He talked to Mimi who runs a hobby shop called The Track. Its a 10th scale indoor track in a huge wharehouse. She has the space for us to set up the track and pit space too. Mike will get on here in a bit with more details.

Mike Keely
2009.12.28, 01:16 PM
It looks like Mike has found a spot for the race in MD. He talked to Mimi who runs a hobby shop called The Track. Its a 10th scale indoor track in a huge wharehouse. She has the space for us to set up the track and pit space too. Mike will get on here in a bit with more details.

After I told Mimi how big the track will be she said that she will have a hard time having the regular Sat races and us also. She wants us to have it on Sunday the 3rd. What is everyones thoughts? The cost will be $10-$15 a head, not sure at this time.

arch2b
2009.12.28, 01:33 PM
what part? i recall there being a large carpet track to the left by the pit tables.

imxlr8ed
2009.12.28, 02:25 PM
Should be good exposure, although I know some of the Mimi's crew show at the NCRC race. Which day isn't an issue for me, although not sure about the rest of the crew.

arch2b
2009.12.28, 02:34 PM
it puts a lot of pressure on those who travel to finish early to get back home at a decent time.

it's local to me so it's not a problem either day.

i don't recall mimi being very mini-z supportive. years ago she was approached to be the location for the dc gtg club racing and it wasn't a very successful discussion if i recall.

Mike Keely
2009.12.28, 02:49 PM
what part? i recall there being a large carpet track to the left by the pit tables.

The carpet track is in the back of her shop. The old pit area on the left as you come in is where the track could be set up.

The Fredrick HobbyTown is willing to work with us but we need to schedule it with them.

lfisminiz
2009.12.28, 02:55 PM
For me, the money to race there is very fair. But if its Sunday, ill pass on it. Dont want to rush around for work the next day and not enjoy it.:)

TheRinger
2009.12.28, 03:20 PM
2 me at this point I don't think I'll be going 2 this race. If the weather stays good here in west virginia, I might stay another weekend. But they are calling 4 snow here thursday through the weekend but they aren't saying how bad. Today it was just flurries and it didn't acummulate 2 anything. I really want 2 race though. But after driving 220 miles here and another 200 just driving around this god forsaken place I don't feel like driving 2 maryland or pennsylvania but I wouldn't rule that out. And the canyonaro is burning a hole in my pocket(spent roughly 80 dollars on gas so far and still more 2 go). But I haven't got 2 tune up my MR03 yet thanks 2 the snow and I just got T-plates and front springs 4 it thursday. I really want 2 race it. I don't know, I'm on the fence about it.:confused:

TheRinger
2009.12.28, 03:37 PM

Its all good Ed, I'm just getting the message out ASAP to everyone especially 2 your crew since U will be making the longest trip. And hopefully resolve the "where r we having the race" issue before time run out.

Mike Keely
2009.12.28, 06:59 PM
Well it sounds like a Sat. race works out better. The HobbyTown in Fredrick MD is willing to give us the 16th of Jan. They race on Sat. for their regular races also but they have another room 90' x 25' I think he said. It sounds like this will work out better because the 9th is the Hobby Works HFAY #1 race.

What does everyone think?

lfisminiz
2009.12.28, 08:26 PM
Check with Matt....i dont know for sure, but im thinking that the 2nd was the deadline for the race??

IF thats the case...if nothing is comming together, maybe Ed and us can throw it in time at his place and whoever shows up.:confused::)

Mike Keely
2009.12.28, 09:02 PM
Check with Matt....i dont know for sure, but im thinking that the 2nd was the deadline for the race??

IF thats the case...if nothing is comming together, maybe Ed and us can throw it in time at his place and whoever shows up.:confused::)

I think that I could always do it at my work. It is a class A office building in DC. I will check tomorrow to see if it is open for this Sat.

lfisminiz
2009.12.28, 09:03 PM
Mike...appreciated. We will keep updated.

TheRinger
2009.12.28, 09:19 PM
The 2nd is the dead line.

lfisminiz
2009.12.29, 12:50 AM
Bill, thanks for confirming that....thats what i thought.

imxlr8ed
2009.12.29, 09:34 AM
Sounds like we're gonna be doing our own BTEs... sux but what can ya do?! You guys are obviously welcome to show up here. We'll prolly run it on the 2nd then. (I hope we get more driver's Larry!)

VAzRACER
2009.12.29, 12:07 PM
The only location that we can get for this Sat. is at my office building here in DC.* I have a conference center that is big enough to hold this event.* We have free parking available for everyone, plenty of tables and chairs.* Matt is going to bring the track here at 8 a.m and I would think that we could start practice around 9.* We can be here as long as everyone wants to on Sat.** Matt has room in his truck for some people, he will be coming up from the Fredericksburg VA area if this helps anyone.* I guess if we don't get enough interest we will just cancel the event.* Let us know if you want to have it.
Here is the property address***750 First St. N.E. Wash,* DC* 20002** the conference center is on the 9th floor.* *I hope to see you all here.
I will need to know if you will be coming to get a list for the guard*so they can*let you into the building.* Even if you think that you might be coming let me know so I can put you on the list.* The guards will have my number so if you come and have any problems I can come and get you in.* Thanks* MK

this is a direct quote from mike Keely. He was unable to post this because he is at work.

TheRinger
2009.12.29, 02:51 PM
Yeah but who's got a wide turn kit if the pa crew isn't coming? We R short a wide turn.

Mike Keely
2009.12.29, 05:07 PM
Yeah but who's got a wide turn kit if the pa crew isn't coming? We R short a wide turn.
How flexible are the side rails? I have plenty of tools at my work. With some extra pieces of track we could make one.

Mike Keely
2009.12.29, 05:16 PM
If we can start the races at 3 p.m. I have already heard from three guys up here that will come and with me thats four. I am trying to get in touch with Ken. We are going to race tomorrow and I will ask those guys. I think that I could get 7 of our crew at least to come but not confirmed yet. I will let you guys know.

arch2b
2009.12.29, 05:35 PM
i'll be there :)

lfisminiz
2009.12.29, 07:46 PM
Just to clarify.....when you say start the races at 3PM, do you mean the mains or start the actual event at 3pm instaed of 9-10 in the morning?

Mike Keely
2009.12.29, 08:04 PM
Just to clarify.....when you say start the races at 3PM, do you mean the mains or start the actual event at 3pm instaed of 9-10 in the morning?Start the event. Two of them are in a church group that ends at 12:30 so the best that they can get there is 1-1:30. Saint said he gets off of work at 2 so he will miss a heat most likely even if we start at 3. What time would work best for everyone? We want you guys to be able and want to come down.

10 would be pushing it to start the race. I think noon would be the earliest to be able to start the event.

Mike Keely
2009.12.29, 08:20 PM
Lets start a list of who is willing to come so far

Mike K
Matt
Art
Igor
Jerremy
Gary & Gary jr
Saint & son
Ion
Bill
Ed
Larry
Melvin
Rene
Brandon

lfisminiz
2009.12.29, 09:04 PM
Let me talk to Ed and we will get back to you guys.

soulstice
2009.12.29, 11:18 PM
Haven't been on the boards for a while but I maybe able to attend. I'll need to play it by ear though. If i do make it out, it will most likely be morning to mid afternoon.

lfisminiz
2009.12.30, 07:43 PM
Mike, i talked to Ed. If things go right, Ed and I will make it. Hes talking to the other guys and will reply here.

As far as the facility...obviously heat, elec, and bathroom are there. But what about eating/drinks/bottled water. Is there some places close by?

THANKS!!

TheRinger
2009.12.30, 08:13 PM
Add me 2 the list of people coming Mike.

hilldebrandt
2009.12.30, 08:21 PM
I won't make it....I have tickets to see comedian Jeff Dunham up here in Reading that night....
Have fun everyone, and good luck !

VAzRACER
2009.12.30, 09:15 PM
Ed/Larry.... We will still need you guys to bring the 4 wide inside turns with you. Thanks, Matt.

Mike Keely
2009.12.30, 10:16 PM
Mike, i talked to Ed. If things go right, Ed and I will make it. Hes talking to the other guys and will reply here.

As far as the facility...obviously heat, elec, and bathroom are there. But what about eating/drinks/bottled water. Is there some places close by?

THANKS!!
5 minute walk gets you inside Union Station that has a huge food court.

Mike Keely
2009.12.30, 10:31 PM
Can everyone that is coming send me your first and last names in a PM. I only know some of your first names. I will give the names to the guards that are in the lobby. When you get to the building knock on the front doors and tell them that you are meeting with me for the race and they will ask you your name to let you in. We will be on the 9th floor. I will have a two way radio so they can call me to let me know your coming up. This is the name that is on the front of the building American Psychological Association. Seems like a fitting place for me to work. LOL

Skv012a
2009.12.30, 11:12 PM
So I assumethis IS going down, so I'll pack n plan accordingly.

arch2b
2009.12.30, 11:56 PM
5 minute walk gets you inside Union Station that has a huge food court.

some very good choices as well :) not cheap but good choices if they are open on the weekend? i assume they are but i've never been there on the weekend.

briankstan
2009.12.31, 07:30 AM
if you guys can send me your times on Saturday night. I'll have time to post times up on Sunday. :D

thanks.

Mike Keely
2009.12.31, 07:56 AM
some very good choices as well :) not cheap but good choices if they are open on the weekend? i assume they are but i've never been there on the weekend.
Some do close but there will still be a bunch open. Most of the time a meal with a drink will be close to $10.

Mike Keely
2009.12.31, 08:14 AM
Here is the list of people I have heard from that are coming.

Mike K
Matt
Art
Igor
Jeremy
Gary & Gary jr
Saint & son
Bill
Ed
Larry
Melvin
Rene
Brandon
Christina and Robert
Sun

Looks like it is still growing.

imxlr8ed
2009.12.31, 09:05 AM
This is the name that is on the front of the building American Psychological Association.

This isn't some kind of mental intervention for me, is it? I swear if I walk in there and you're all sitting quietly in chairs, I'll run! (I fear clean white coats!) :rolleyes::D

I will bring the track required, no problem. Larry and I will be there for sure... Gasman... not so sure. I'll have an answer today.

TheRinger
2009.12.31, 11:15 AM
Lets start a list of who is willing to come so far

Mike K
Matt
Art
Igor
Jerremy
Gary & Gary jr
Saint & son
Ion
Bill
Ed
Larry
Melvin
Rene
Brandon

Looks like it is still growing. Has anyone asked Rob if he is coming? Arch, maybe you can call Russ and see if any of his crew wants to come.

I text Rob last night but haven't heard back from him. Of coarse I'm still in west virginia where cell phone signals come 2 die.:rolleyes:

Full Montee
2009.12.31, 12:42 PM
Christina and Robert will be attending.

lfisminiz
2009.12.31, 03:31 PM
Mike, do we need power strips?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!:)

Mike Keely
2009.12.31, 05:20 PM
Mike, do we need power strips?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!:)

I would say yes to bring one. There is about six or eight outlets around the outside walls so a couple of extention cords might be good also.

A word of warning to everyone to watch out for speeding and red light cameras in DC. New York ave coming into town has both.

Mike Keely
2009.12.31, 06:02 PM
Looks like we are going to start the first qualifier at 1 p.m.

We will start setting up the track at 8 a.m on Sat.

arch2b
2009.12.31, 06:30 PM
Christina and Robert will be attending.

Brandon and I will be there to :)

Expect a beginner group.

Full Montee
2009.12.31, 07:36 PM
Outstanding a beginner group that I can finally keep up with...
Also I have the Core timing loop and speakers from Awesome. I can bring my small Sony laptop, it has a 12" screen, but a bigger laptop would be nicer if someone has it with Core or Flipside loaded.

arch2b
2009.12.31, 07:40 PM
i will bring my laptop just in case. better safe than sorry.

lfisminiz
2010.01.01, 12:20 AM
Mike, i forgot......when about would you say its OK to come in for practice etc..........

VAzRACER
2010.01.01, 03:26 AM
Mike, i forgot......when about would you say its OK to come in for practice etc..........

A couple of us are getting there at 8am to set up the track.

TheRinger
2010.01.01, 08:50 AM
i will bring my laptop just in case. better safe than sorry.

I will try 2 remember 2 bring my laptop also.

Mike Keely
2010.01.01, 10:55 AM

As soon as the track is set up. Matt, Jeremy and I will get there around 8 to start setting up. We will need the wide turns that you will be bringing to finish. I think that we should be ready to practice around 9:30 if you will be there by then. If not we will put the other turns in until you get there. What time are you hoping to get there?

soulstice
2010.01.01, 11:25 AM
hey mike,

please add me to the list. i sent you a PM.

I'll probably show up early and leave early.

lfisminiz
2010.01.01, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys..........ill try to get Ed moving...........;):D

Mike Keely
2010.01.01, 05:18 PM
hey mike,

please add me to the list. i sent you a PM.

I'll probably show up early and leave early.

I have you on the list. See you all tomorrow.

Mike Keely
2010.01.01, 05:55 PM
I count 19 people showing up tomorrow. We should have a great race!

Mike K
Matt
Art
Igor
Jerremy
Gary & Gary jr
Saint & son
Ion
Bill
Ed
Larry
Melvin
Rene
Brandon
Sun
Christina
Rob

If you all have a pit towel to protect the tables it would be a good thing. Thanks MK

arch2b
2010.01.01, 05:57 PM
i still don't see me on the list:p brandon won't make it afterall. he decided spending the night at his cousins and playing halo was more important:rolleyes: i'll still run in the beginner group though, it's where i typically fit in best.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.01, 11:45 PM
I've got the three turns ready to go, we'll be outta here around 8am...

Mike, I'll pm you my name and my guest... sorry for the delay.

Full Montee
2010.01.01, 11:59 PM
I've got the three turns ready to go, we'll be outta here around 8am...

Mike, I'll pm you my name and my guest... sorry for the delay.

We need 4 wide turns.

Full Montee
2010.01.02, 02:17 AM
Bill and I will be stopping by Awesome at 10am for the 4th wide L turn.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.02, 02:59 AM
Sorry... 4... I knew that! Got'em! :o

Didn't mean to freak yall out!

arch2b
2010.01.02, 08:31 PM
i had a GREAT time today! just got home and formatting the results.

Skv012a
2010.01.02, 09:06 PM
Yea, it was a good day. Hope to see a good deal of you for HFAY S9 R1.

arch2b
2010.01.02, 09:16 PM
results sent! don't freak out if if i got your chassis/motor listed incorrectly. i mistakenly tossed the notes i took.

lfisminiz
2010.01.03, 10:57 AM
Great time last night....except getting lost going home.:( Thanks to all involved with putting this together at this event. Good to see all you guys and guys i havent met before.

LARRY

arch2b
2010.01.03, 11:07 AM
my apologies for not getting to hang out more with everyone. it was a very busy day for me between keeping brandon focused, getting my own stuff together and keeping the races going. thanks to mike for filling in for me when i had to race.

i was amazed that we did not have a single dropped lap with core all day long. infact, ed's loop seem to work flawlessly :) i had some issues with my laptop as core like for the usb port to be set to com7 for some reason. as soon as that is done it works great.

i wish we had the time to do 3 qualifiers so that we could resort the 3rd round but we wanted to wrap up at a decent time to allow everyone to get home. we started at 2:45 roughly and wrapped up just before 8:00pm i think. thats not bad really for the number of heats we had to run through.

Mike Keely
2010.01.03, 02:30 PM
Great time last night....except getting lost going home.:( Thanks to all involved with putting this together at this event. Good to see all you guys and guys i havent met before.

LARRYThanks for coming. You and Matt pushed all of us to do our best.

Mike Keely
2010.01.03, 02:33 PM
I know that I had flipping problems in the mains. Did anyone else? I am wondering if it is the body or the wheel base that I am using. Still learning at each of these races.

Mike Keely
2010.01.03, 02:37 PM
my apologies for not getting to hang out more with everyone. it was a very busy day for me between keeping brandon focused, getting my own stuff together and keeping the races going. thanks to mike for filling in for me when i had to race.

i was amazed that we did not have a single dropped lap with core all day long. infact, ed's loop seem to work flawlessly :) i had some issues with my laptop as core like for the usb port to be set to com7 for some reason. as soon as that is done it works great.

i wish we had the time to do 3 qualifiers so that we could resort the 3rd round but we wanted to wrap up at a decent time to allow everyone to get home. we started at 2:45 roughly and wrapped up just before 8:00pm i think. thats not bad really for the number of heats we had to run through.Thanks for keeping things going smoothly. I would be glad to help out more with running the races. I just need to get to know the system better.

luvs2hate
2010.01.03, 03:15 PM
Heard this was a great race.....

lfisminiz
2010.01.03, 06:41 PM
I know that I had flipping problems in the mains. Did anyone else? I am wondering if it is the body or the wheel base that I am using. Still learning at each of these races.

Mike, none of my cars came close to flipping, including other chassis i tried in practice. All the ones i ran in the main are 94MM. Did you have to much steering dialed in? Maybe too much of a grippy front tire?

Mike Keely
2010.01.03, 08:19 PM
Mike, none of my cars came close to flipping, including other chassis i tried in practice. All the ones i ran in the main are 94MM. Did you have to much steering dialed in? Maybe too much of a grippy front tire?

I usually run 15 fronts but I went softer in the beginning of the day because it was pushing so much. As traction came up I went to harder front springs and a softer T bar. It helped some but I had a hard time in the mains trying to hold it tight in the sweepers. Sometimes it would get up on two wheels and I had sometimes when coming onto the straight it would get loose and put me in the inside wall.

I think the car would have been a lot better in the mains with some trued down 15 fronts. All hind sight now.

lfisminiz
2010.01.03, 09:34 PM
I think i had trued down KYO 30 fronts on both.

imxlr8ed
2010.01.04, 09:04 AM
Awesome time guys! Was well worth the trip and a big thanks to all the DC crew for getting (and keeping) this race rolling!

Racing great as always, very even field there in the A Main Stock!
I'm pretty sure that race will have some of the top times when they all get put together... should be good!

And like I said Larry... we got lost because you won a race. That's just how karma works. :)

Mike Keely
2010.01.04, 01:29 PM
I think i had trued down KYO 30 fronts on both.
I have been running the PN tires.

lfisminiz
2010.01.04, 06:47 PM
PN tires trued up are just as good.