PDA

View Full Version : January 16, 2010 - HFAY S9 Race 1

arch2b
2009.11.22, 04:26 PM
this will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia.

arch2b
2009.11.22, 04:29 PM
while at hobby works saturday, i discussed 2010 schedule with Courtney. at the time he did not have a 2010 calendar so we essentially had free rein to pick weekend and per discussion with the guys, i picked the 2nd weekend of every month.

PLEASE pass a copy of the 2010 schedule i posted to Courtney before he gets a calendar and we end up having to work around someone else.

arch2b
2009.12.03, 09:04 PM
anyone get this schedule to courtney?

anyone have a green livery db9 to sell?

Skv012a
2009.12.04, 01:36 AM
I'll just say that this sounds good to me.

Ok i booked us through April and we can book the rest later I suppose.

arch2b
2009.12.05, 07:25 PM
actually i'm looking for the vitaphone, green and gulf db9. i'm switching over the house cars to mm. anyone have these to let go please let me know.

lets please book the entire year. easier to work in what we want that way.

Action B
2009.12.05, 11:37 PM
Are all the Hfays going to be at hobbyworks?

arch2b
2009.12.05, 11:47 PM
for the time being, yes. we are scheduling all the hfay events for hobby works. for better or worse, it's more centrally located to both md and va members.

i do hope to continue to have club events scheduled at awsome rc as well. bill will have to clarify but i believe awsome rc will be starting their own racing schedule as well.

has anyone talked to ryan, sun, saint or others we have not seen in awhile?

Mike Keely
2009.12.06, 11:19 AM
for the time being, yes. we are scheduling all the hfay events for hobby works. for better or worse, it's more centrally located to both md and va members.

i do hope to continue to have club events scheduled at awsome rc as well. bill will have to clarify but i believe awsome rc will be starting their own racing schedule as well.

has anyone talked to ryan, sun, saint or others we have not seen in awhile?
I talked to Saint the other day. He is in Va Beach for work until the end of next week. He still wants to race with us.

I have meet a Pastor for a church that is 95% ready to start racing in a four car garage that he already has a track set up. I helped them install some lights yesterday. I forgot to get a picture. It is as long as Awsome's track but not as wide if we have the guys pitting where the track is. I think that if we had about 15 guys show up we may need to use the other side of the garage also and would be able to make the track larger then Awsome's.

The Pastor wants this to be a family friendly place to race. No smack talk or foul mouths. Just people having fun in a hobby. He is fine with having everyone going to differant track on differant weekends.

He had asked me my thoughts on a fair price to pay for a entry fee. I told him that I thought $8 for one car and $10 for two classes ( if we end up with a couple of classes). We will need to heat the garage with propane and he was going to get a porta john for us racers. What are you guys thoughts on this fee?

The track is no more then two minutes off of the beltway at the Branch Ave exit. I don't want to hi-jack this thread so I am starting a new thread under New Track in Camp Springs MD.

arch2b
2009.12.06, 12:25 PM
i copied this text to your new post, lets continue that conversation there :)

arch2b
2009.12.20, 11:05 AM
i paid the hfay fee's today so we are good to go! make sure you get your hfay motors if needed. i'll go over the rules again before we start the season and we need to review the cars, etc. just basic hfay housekeeping :)

i need everyone participating to make sure to bring a dedicated hfay transponder if you don't already have one. i'll be wiping the driver list again to reload the driver list so everyone can pick drivers from the menu when setting up a race.

if you guys want to use flipside (manually sort heats) i have a roll of generic transponders we can use. no cost for you guys :p the upside to flipside is hfay results are as simple as clicking a button! absolutely love that feature.

arch2b
2009.12.24, 10:16 AM
i just updated my hfay car due to the wreck that was the nose clip on my body. i opted for the same body but new livery.

Mike Keely
2009.12.24, 11:10 AM
i paid the hfay fee's today so we are good to go! make sure you get your hfay motors if needed. i'll go over the rules again before we start the season and we need to review the cars, etc. just basic hfay housekeeping :)

Is it the same motor as last year? If so then I am good to go. Thanks

Skv012a
2010.01.04, 03:09 PM
Is it the same motor as last year? If so then I am good to go. Thanks

I don't think updating motors is mandatory, so its the same.

arch2b
2010.01.04, 03:51 PM
i was told the hfay manual has been updated to officially allow the mr-03. please note that at this time the gyro will NOT be allowed.

we REALLY need to pay closer attention to the outline schedule i posted as a sticky. i'm sure i'm not the only one that is tired of feeling rushed to get the other direction done and f1 as an afterthought.

i had to be a sticker on time management for the bte we ran this past weekend but it got us out at a decent hour.

please make an effort to come prepared. if you will be late, please let us know as we will begin qualifiers as long as there are 3 to run. at worse you will miss a qualifier or two but if we can begin at a decent time and keep momentum moving we can include more qualifiers if needed.

arch2b
2010.01.04, 03:55 PM
with hfay, running a clean and consistent race is far more helpful than upgrading the motor in my opinion. it's hard to tell people faster is not always better:o

Action B
2010.01.04, 06:17 PM
Expect Maya and I this weekend.

If anyone is interested in a test/tune day I need to work on a new setup with my ball differentials. I feel like I never have enough time for that. I'm always stuck running a regular setup.

Skv012a
2010.01.08, 02:17 PM
Expect Maya and I this weekend.

If anyone is interested in a test/tune day I need to work on a new setup with my ball differentials. I feel like I never have enough time for that. I'm always stuck running a regular setup.

Got my mini-96, but to be honest its a very small track. Just hit me up if you wanna get together and see what we can do or test using it.

Mike Keely
2010.01.08, 05:14 PM
I am trying to get the word out that HobbyWorks double booked this date and the race will now be on the 16th of Jan.

The 9th is cancelled.

arch2b
2010.01.08, 05:47 PM
thank you for catching this mike.

indeed, despite our scheduling this in advance it appears for whatever reason pokemon ended up on this weekend as well and we play second fiddle it appears to pokemon. i will change the date to the 16th and whomever makes it, makes it. i'll have to make sure courtney understands we planned out the entire year before anyone else had access to the calendar and do not expect to have this happen.

side not, moving march date to allow for attendance of the endurance race at the mushroom bowl. the 20th is available.

soyverde
2010.01.08, 11:07 PM
And Courtney wonders why we weren't racing there...:confused:

I let the Ringer know, and he of course wasn't all that surprised (not like it's the first time). Really takes the shine off racing.

arch2b
2010.01.08, 11:09 PM
it is frustrating. i go through the trouble to preschedule us for the entire year before anyone else had the chance. this was meant to prevent this from happening.

soyverde
2010.01.08, 11:52 PM
Looks like the Ringer will be at Awesome RC tomorrow. I'm currently debating whether or not I'll make it down there. I could certainly use the practice, though I still don't have my F1 fixed, and I'd have to make it a short day.

Action B
2010.01.09, 12:38 AM
Got my mini-96, but to be honest its a very small track. Just hit me up if you wanna get together and see what we can do or test using it.

My main problem with ball diffs is turning at higher speeds. Though, I'm always up for some fun even if it is a small track. I'll be in touch with you.

Maya and I are now in for the 16th.

Full Montee
2010.01.09, 02:27 AM
Ringer and I talked about maybe completing some HFAY time trials at Awesome.

hilldebrandt
2010.01.10, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, I will definately be down for this race. I've been itching to get racing again (My last race was at Myrtle Beach last March...), and since DOW doesn't run HFAY anymore, I figured I'll run the season with you guys.

I have directions to Hobby Works, but I need to know :

What time does practice start ?
Is there a track fee ?
Do they stock parts if I may need some ?

Thanks, and I'll see ya'll Saturday...
Gregg

arch2b
2010.01.10, 08:50 PM
HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=367650&postcount=2) is our tentative schedule

There are no race fee's which is nice.

yes, i was told courtney (shop manager) just got a good selection of parts back in stock.

hilldebrandt
2010.01.10, 08:55 PM
Ok cool.....Thanks !

See ya then...

Skv012a
2010.01.16, 07:48 PM
Had a good race even though I missed one racer main. Glad to see everyone who made it.

arch2b
2010.01.16, 10:14 PM
the time schedule has been posted, i gave fair warning ;) i will be keeping us a bit more on track from now on to allow us to finish at a decent time, as we did today.

thanks to everyone who had came out today! tom, we certainly hope to see you this season.

brandon and maya, we are glad too have you join our merry band of misfits:p

hobby works managed to get a bunch of mr-02 and ma-010 parts instock however most of the tires have been cherry picked already. if you need anything and you want to pick it up there, don't hesitate to ask courtney to order it.

i think we all did very well today and i look forward to seeing how we stack up against all the other clubs. it was a fast track.

Action B
2010.01.17, 05:11 AM
It was very nice to race with everyone! I haven't raced with you guys up here in DC for awhile so I had forgotten how slow I am. I'll need much more practice time. Thanks to everyone who came and raced. It was a good time. Look forward to next Hfay race.

arch2b
2010.01.17, 03:07 PM
results submitted today!

hilldebrandt
2010.01.17, 07:21 PM
Sorry that I couldn't make it, had a family problem and had to go out of town...
Sounds like some good racing was going on...:)