PDA

View Full Version : April 10, 2010 - HFAY S9 Race 4

arch2b
2009.11.22, 03:44 PM
this will be Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia.

arch2b
2010.03.20, 08:57 PM
it appears the myrtle beach race is scheduled for this weekend which means i won't be able to make it to m.b. sorry brandon/maya.

we started an hour late today, march, 20th which had us ending at 6pm. i'd like us to make an effort to get started by noon so that we can wrap up by 4pm. those of us left for f1 racing also have to put the track and or tables and chairs away as well which adds time to our day.

make sure to bring your transponder;)

arch2b
2010.03.21, 09:51 AM
doers anyone have a small dry erase board we could use? i have a kids easile but it's bulky. something about 18"x24" would be enough. i'd like to be able to write qualifier lineups/results; main lineups/results. so that we don't have to crowd the computer which i have to keep moving forward in the interest of time.

arch2b
2010.04.04, 01:44 PM
my mr-03 arrives back from kyosho monday! they have not said if they repaired or replaced the board but i'll know just by looking at the chassis where the fet melted into the chassis. just bought some basic parts to bring this one up to par with my xanavi gt-r. i also bought some white bodies to try a new theme for a racer/f1 combo. it's been awhile since i've painted anything.

still looking to trade an xanavi gt-r for a calsonic gt-r (r35).

anyone have a dry erase board that is portable?

Full Montee
2010.04.04, 10:15 PM
I could bring a dry erase board with me.
Problem is I've got a conflict on the 10th so I'll be looking to complete a makeup race at Awesome RC or whatever else may be available.

soyverde
2010.04.05, 08:22 PM
No worries there, I can't make the 10th either, so I'll be looking to run a makeup race at Awesome some time later this month. I'm sure we can convince The Ringer to show up and run laps around us one weekend. :D

Full Montee
2010.04.05, 10:00 PM
You want to plan for the 24th?

Action B
2010.04.05, 10:02 PM
Count me and Maya in too for makeup day. My grandfathers health is not so well so I'm visiting him for his birthday this weekend.

arch2b
2010.04.06, 11:17 AM
it's too late to cancel so i will be there Saturday for whomever can make it. i will also check to see if i can't schedule a 'practice' day for any of the remaining saturdays which could also be used for hfay make up. please don't cancel plans for hfay make up at awsome rc. i'm just trying to provide an alternative for those that won't travel that far.

Action B
2010.04.06, 12:59 PM
it's too late to cancel so i will be there Saturday for whomever can make it. i will also check to see if i can't schedule a 'practice' day for any of the remaining saturdays which could also be used for hfay make up. please don't cancel plans for hfay make up at awsome rc. i'm just trying to provide an alternative for those that won't travel that far.

That would be better for Maya and I if we could just make it up at hobby works. I just wanted to make it up because I felt bad about missing one.

LeProf
2010.04.06, 03:12 PM
Will not be able to make it the 10th, as I'm currently lost in Africa (Ethiopia...) but will do my best to attend a make-up date.
rene.

soyverde
2010.04.06, 06:00 PM
I'd prefer the 17th if you guys can make it (or if you want to run a Hobby Works makeup day that weekend). I'm expecting a brand new niece the week of the 24th, so I'm not certain I'll be able to race that day, though I'll definitely be in the Fredericksburg area. If not, I'll try to work things out.

@LeProf: Can't be too lost, you found the internet! :p

Full Montee
2010.04.07, 02:41 AM
The 17th is a ROAR regional nitro race at Awesome. If it gets rained out they will run the 24th. So I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Laxracer
2010.04.08, 02:16 PM
Sounds like it might just be a few of us Arch.

See yah sat.

C

arch2b
2010.04.08, 03:07 PM
thats ok with me. i might just be able to make most of my sons soccer game at 5pm if we can wrap up early. he's got them every saturday so he knows i'll miss portions of at least 1 a month.

Skv012a
2010.04.08, 08:05 PM
Sad to say I'll be missing this one. Sakura Matsuri in DC and then Richmond trip after that.

arch2b
2010.04.10, 11:13 PM
we had a good day today with 7 drivers and even finished by 4pm.

i checked and hobby works is booked for the next couple weekends. any makeup race for those who could not make it today will have to run at awsome rc.

i talked to courtney and found that they setup the track every monday if anyone wants practice time. he said anyone was welcome to come in during the week to setup and race.

big news for me sort of. i'm switching back to rm setup. i got my repaired mr-03 back from kyosho and for giggles setup my trusty c5-r and i have to say it felt comfortable and easy to drive.

hopefully i'll have my new team bodies to unveil soon as well. i started the paintwork tonight.

Mike Keely
2010.04.18, 10:14 AM
Not trying to hi-jack your thread but I noticed that some guys missed this months HFAY event at HW. We will be running April's HFAY event at Remnants track tomorrow after work. If anyone is interested in running with us for your make up you are welcome. We will start racing at 5:30 and the doors will be open at 4. Shoot me a PM if you want directions. No charge to race also. Thanks MK

arch2b
2010.04.18, 10:53 AM
thanks for the offer mike. if anyone makes it, just be sure to get the results sorted correctly so brian doesn't have to go back and edit results. remnants doing very well btw :)

Mike Keely
2010.04.18, 06:16 PM
Not sure I know what you mean by getting the results sorted correctly?

Mike Keely
2010.04.18, 06:20 PM
If all goes well a few of the Remnant crew are going to go down to run with Matt next Sat.

arch2b
2010.04.18, 06:26 PM
Not sure I know what you mean by getting the results sorted correctly?

dc make up racers submitted as dc....