PDA

View Full Version : May 01, 2010 - HFAY S9 Race 5

arch2b
2009.11.22, 04:44 PM
this will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia.

arch2b
2010.04.11, 10:55 PM
just a reminder, this is our next schedule hfay race date.

those needing an april make up will need to coordinate with awsome rc as hobby works is booked through the end of the month.

coulter, i hope you find a new radio before may. if not just let me know and i can bring a kt-18 for you to use until you do find a new radio. you deserve some credit for making it around the track as well as you could given the radio problems you have.

i've nearly completed my team bodies. wrapped up all the painting this weekend. just need to future coat them tomorrow maybe and then glue them all together very stoutly.

i'm seriously considering getting a new f1 SP2 kit. to do this i would need to sell my SP1. if anyone is interested, email me. i can't afford 2 competitive f1's. it's a lightly used SP1 kit with all the red anodized aluminum parts, etc. only parts i would remove from it are the aluminum tie rod, knuckles and pn motor pod. i have all the stock parts that came with the kit to put back on if needed.

courtney picked up an SP2 kit as well so we should have a consistent 3-5 car field depending on turn out.

seth and i had some close races this past weekend while ofcourse bill ran us down as usual.

Action B
2010.04.11, 11:55 PM
Wish I could have been there. I hate to miss a race if it wasn't for a family thing I certainly would have came.
l

arch2b
2010.04.12, 01:40 PM
no worries. we'll see you this date hopefully.

TheRinger
2010.04.12, 09:19 PM
just a reminder, this is our next schedule hfay race date.

those needing an april make up will need to coordinate with awsome rc as hobby works is booked through the end of the month.

coulter, i hope you find a new radio before may. if not just let me know and i can bring a kt-18 for you to use until you do find a new radio. you deserve some credit for making it around the track as well as you could given the radio problems you have.

i've nearly completed my team bodies. wrapped up all the painting this weekend. just need to future coat them tomorrow maybe and then glue them all together very stoutly.

i'm seriously considering getting a new f1 SP2 kit. to do this i would need to sell my SP1. if anyone is interested, email me. i can't afford 2 competitive f1's. it's a lightly used SP1 kit with all the red anodized aluminum parts, etc. only parts i would remove from it are the aluminum tie rod, knuckles and pn motor pod. i have all the stock parts that came with the kit to put back on if needed.

courtney picked up an SP2 kit as well so we should have a consistent 3-5 car field depending on turn out.

seth and i had some close races this past weekend while ofcourse bill ran us down as usual.

I might be interested in the SP1 F-1 kit.

Laxracer
2010.04.14, 12:36 PM
Thanks Arch
I may just end up buying that KT-18 that courtney has at the store. It doesn't seem like I have a cheaper option :(

arch2b
2010.04.14, 12:59 PM
maybe not for cheaper tx options but there are cheaper ways to procure the kt-18 for sure. don't get me wrong, i like to support hobby works whenever possible but if price is a priority, i would highly suggest negotiating with courtney or looking at 2nd hand market. the retail cost for a kt-18 is very high for what you get (general consensus/opinion).
like i said, i have one you can borrow until you find a suitable replacement so don't feel like you have to rush into something by May 01. also, get in touch with brandon (Action B)as he too is getting into a new tx for 2.4 and currently borrowing a kt-18. he may have some insight to help.

Mike Keely
2010.04.14, 08:15 PM
Brandon bought a old Mars radio and is using a freinds module until he gets his own module. I am sure he will let you use the KT-18 until you get something else.

Action B
2010.04.14, 09:40 PM
maybe not for cheaper tx options but there are cheaper ways to procure the kt-18 for sure. don't get me wrong, i like to support hobby works whenever possible but if price is a priority, i would highly suggest negotiating with courtney or looking at 2nd hand market. the retail cost for a kt-18 is very high for what you get (general consensus/opinion).
like i said, i have one you can borrow until you find a suitable replacement so don't feel like you have to rush into something by May 01. also, get in touch with brandon (Action B)as he too is getting into a new tx for 2.4 and currently borrowing a kt-18. he may have some insight to help.

Yeah I have an EX-1 Mars currently, however, the modules are out of stock everywhere. I'm going to ask Nate or Mike if they will let me borrow one of theirs since they aren't currently racing. I have a RF-901sm module on order but its backordered so who knows. Hopefully I can give this KT-18 back to you shortly. Maya will just have to run AM for a little longer until I can afford another.

arch2b
2010.04.14, 09:47 PM
i'm in no hurry. it's not like i'm using it at the moment. my kids are preoccupied with the xbox360.:rolleyes:

Laxracer
2010.04.14, 10:24 PM
Funny you say something about a module for a Mars ... I just happen to have one for my M11 :)

Arch as you know about the whole arcitorture industry, you know my dilema ... the big issue is a radio for one car type (key is type since I will have more mini-zs muhhhhahhhhh)

Don't bring up the EX-1 ... not an option ... I hated the old Mars... So I'm not going there. :)

I can't find a Helios for a good price either. I found one new in the box on Ebay and a company I've never heard of. So those might be options.

Why oh why couldn't the M11 work :(

Action B
2010.04.14, 10:37 PM
Funny you say something about a module for a Mars ... I just happen to have one for my M11 :)

Arch as you know about the whole arcitorture industry, you know my dilema ... the big issue is a radio for one car type (key is type since I will have more mini-zs muhhhhahhhhh)

Don't bring up the EX-1 ... not an option ... I hated the old Mars... So I'm not going there. :)

I can't find a Helios for a good price either. I found one new in the box on Ebay and a company I've never heard of. So those might be options.

The mars is very similar to the ex-1ur, a very, very popular radio. I can't think of what would be to hate?

You have a mars 2.4 module? You wanna sell it to me? lol

Mars can also take the ex-1ur module RF-901sm.

Laxracer
2010.04.14, 10:48 PM
The module I have is a RF-901SM :) but if I get a Helios its not on the market.

If i help out the LHS and get the KT-18 its is :). And yes I know I can get it cheaper... but LHS is LHS some things I'm willing to compromise on, to help out local.

arch2b
2010.04.14, 11:16 PM
understood. :)

if you ever need anything from hobby works, just give the part number to courtney. he's been good about ordering kyosho mini-z stuff for us.

Action B
2010.04.15, 12:06 AM
The module I have is a RF-901SM :) but if I get a Helios its not on the market.

If i help out the LHS and get the KT-18 its is :). And yes I know I can get it cheaper... but LHS is LHS some things I'm willing to compromise on, to help out local.

Hey just let me know. I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Mike Keely
2010.04.15, 09:12 PM

I could not get it to work the reverse properly for my M11 either. I did see that there is a section on here that tells what all the settings on the M11 need to be now. Not sure if you have tried that? I just went out and got a used EX-1 Helios also. You won't be sorry. It helped out the car a lot.

Laxracer
2010.04.16, 06:01 PM
B...I found 2 options for radios YAY!!!!!!!!!
But thats bad for you. They both would need the Module. One is a JR and the other is a helios :) hopefully I get the JR. I just have to wait and see.

Full Montee
2010.04.17, 01:19 AM
Laxracer, Are you speaking of the JR Z1. It's the same as the helios with JR badging to my knowledge. Myself I've got two KT18s and as soon as I can get a 902SM module for my radio one of them is for sale.

Laxracer
2010.04.17, 11:33 AM
Why Yes I am :) and I got to try Bill's this past weekend.
I found one for a half the price of a factory sealed helios :) ... the more I wait the more I just want the helios. Something about used stuff just doesn't feel right. But I put in the offer, so I just have to race.

Action B
2010.04.17, 10:14 PM
B...I found 2 options for radios YAY!!!!!!!!!
But thats bad for you. They both would need the Module. One is a JR and the other is a helios :) hopefully I get the JR. I just have to wait and see.

Hey I'd prefer that you do whats best for you of course. I was just saying that if you don't need it then please let me be first in line to purchase it.

I may be able to borrow a 2.4 module for a month or so while I wait. I have some friends from my old race group that don't race much anymore so they aren't using it. I can use that probably until mine comes in.

Laxracer
2010.04.17, 10:39 PM
Well I didn't get the JR :( got out bid.

So I got a brand new Helios instead :)

I'll keep an eye out for a module for you B, since i'm still ordering stuff for either my Z or my large scales. I'll shoot you a message if I see one

Action B
2010.04.18, 01:00 AM
Well I didn't get the JR :( got out bid.

So I got a brand new Helios instead :)

I'll keep an eye out for a module for you B, since i'm still ordering stuff for either my Z or my large scales. I'll shoot you a message if I see one

Thanks a lot! I hope something comes up. I think I have a compatible FM module and receiver for the helios if you need one.

Mike Keely
2010.04.18, 10:45 AM
Laxracer, Are you speaking of the JR Z1. It's the same as the helios with JR badging to my knowledge. Myself I've got two KT18s and as soon as I can get a 902SM module for my radio one of them is for sale.
Hi Rob, If you end up selling one of your KT-18's please keep me in mind. I would like to have one as a spare plus I could have one for some of my nitro buddies to come and run with us. Thanks MK

Laxracer
2010.04.24, 09:53 AM
Is it next weekend yet ??? my new radio showed up last night :)
I am ready to race :)

arch2b
2010.04.24, 09:57 AM
hobby works sets up the track every monday for instore practice ;).

remnant racing runs during the week as well.

Laxracer
2010.04.24, 11:06 AM
awesome news, I'm right around the corner. :) I know where i'm going after work on monday

arch2b
2010.05.01, 09:42 PM
so how did everything go today? i got there early to setup the tables, drop off the timing loop and get the event setup in core. also laid out the picture of the track on the table as well.

please do not forget to email me the results unless ian was there so we can submit the times.

Action B
2010.05.01, 09:45 PM
so how did everything go today? i got there early to setup the tables, drop off the timing loop and get the event setup in core. also laid out the picture of the track on the table as well.

please do not forget to email me the results unless ian was there so we can submit the times.

I ran more laps than I have ever ran in any HFAY and I did it in the C-Main.

Maya was frustrated due to her AWD handling all crazy.

arch2b
2010.05.01, 09:49 PM
awsome! sorry i was not there to see it or tail you around the track ;)

sorry to hear maya had a ruff outing. was the turn out good?

Action B
2010.05.01, 09:55 PM
awsome! sorry i was not there to see it or tail you around the track ;)

sorry to hear maya had a ruff outing. was the turn out good?

I ended up just letting Maya drive my MR-03, which turned out pretty well. She ran one of her highest lap counts in that car as well.

I think the turn out was around 8 people total. Igor left early and didn't race so 7 participants.

I wish you could have been there Ray.

soyverde
2010.05.01, 11:36 PM
Sorry you couldn't make it, Ray...hope everything is okay. Thanks for dropping off the Core loop, I couldn't get a hold of you after the race, so at the moment it's with me. Let me know if you need me to get it up to you at some point before the next HFAY.

Bill and I both have the results, and I'll turn them into a submission-ready format, but I think it's possible Rob will want to run as well, so we may want to hold off on submitting them until we have word one way or another. We had a total of 9 people running clockwise racer (three mains), but Courtney and Coulter had to head out at 3 p.m. Unfortunately Igor didn't stick around long enough to race, seems like a lot of people were busy today. :p

arch2b
2010.05.02, 01:27 AM
i was going to leave the loop at hobby works since they are running practice times, specifically on mondays. i thought maybe someone would need it. i have the kyosho ics system at home now so it's not critical for me to get it back each time.

it was a very long day for me with a birthday in lake ridge and aquia saturday. courtney mentioned having to go to a birthday saturday as well.

Action B
2010.05.02, 02:04 AM
i was going to leave the loop at hobby works since they are running practice times, specifically on mondays. i thought maybe someone would need it. i have the kyosho ics system at home now so it's not critical for me to get it back each time.

it was a very long day for me with a birthday in lake ridge and aquia saturday. courtney mentioned having to go to a birthday saturday as well.

Wait what happens on mondays?

arch2b
2010.05.02, 07:30 AM
they setup the next hfay track for practice. courtney said we are free to setup the track any weekday for practice but monday is the day he and others there practice.

soyverde
2010.05.02, 08:40 AM
Okay, I'll drop it off down there again sometime soon. We have a month off, but if they need it for Monday I might be able to make it down on my lunch. As you mentioned, Courtney was off to a birthday party as well, so I didn't get a chance to ask him about it.

arch2b
2010.05.02, 09:10 AM
i don't know that they 'need' it but i offered it as i know that many of you guys have asked about practice track time. i just happen to be discussing this with courtney when he told me he practices on mondays.

weekdays are impossible for me as i don't get home till near 8:00pm. fairfax is also to far for anything but weekend racing for me. remnant racing is equally as far being on the opposite side of the beltway so i just practice at home when i can. it's tuff to carve out time from the daily grind to do that though.

TheRinger
2010.05.10, 09:27 PM
Hey everybody, check out the awesome rc section about another spec race I came up with.

Mike Keely
2010.05.18, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone, I was looking to do the HFAY Big Track Event #4 at my work in DC again. Need to get some feedback if you all want to come or not. Here is the link

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=383875#post383875

Full Montee
2010.05.19, 07:56 PM
I'm looking to run this Saturday at Awesome.

Sorry you couldn't make it, Ray...hope everything is okay. Thanks for dropping off the Core loop, I couldn't get a hold of you after the race, so at the moment it's with me. Let me know if you need me to get it up to you at some point before the next HFAY.

Bill and I both have the results, and I'll turn them into a submission-ready format, but I think it's possible Rob will want to run as well, so we may want to hold off on submitting them until we have word one way or another. We had a total of 9 people running clockwise racer (three mains), but Courtney and Coulter had to head out at 3 p.m. Unfortunately Igor didn't stick around long enough to race, seems like a lot of people were busy today. :p

Mike Keely
2010.05.22, 07:58 AM
No one wants to run the BTE?