PDA

View Full Version : July 10, 2010 - HFAY S10 Race 1

arch2b
2009.11.22, 04:45 PM
this will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia.

arch2b
2010.06.22, 01:51 PM
just a refresh for everyone to let them know the next seasons kicks off July 10th!:)

i'd really like to expand our racing to include some club events. these can be with remnant, awsome and or at hobby works. i have not had much opportunity to much other than hfay and we have no shortage of past events to draw from and ideas for new ones already suggested.

in general, i'd like to propose a narrow car class, similar to what some other clubs are doing. primarily, narrow only bodies, narrow wheels only, etc. i've got a mod car, hfay car and i'd like to push the small class like we used to do.

bill already had the mosler idea going which i'm all for once i can get a body. that would be great for a large track event.

Action B
2010.06.22, 07:24 PM
Maya and I will be there.

arch2b
2010.06.22, 07:40 PM
Brandon,
I may have another mr-03 by this time and would like to ask of you could replace the stock fets for me and skip the hassle of burning them out first.

Action B
2010.06.22, 11:59 PM
Brandon,
I may have another mr-03 by this time and would like to ask of you could replace the stock fets for me and skip the hassle of burning them out first.
Yeah no problem. Good reminder for me to order some now because I'm actually entirely out as of last race day at Remnant. I'll bring my soldering stuff with me as usual.

soyverde
2010.06.30, 08:32 AM
Yeah no problem. Good reminder for me to order some now because I'm actually entirely out as of last race day at Remnant. I'll bring my soldering stuff with me as usual.

I should have FETs with me if needed.

arch2b
2010.07.04, 12:43 AM
one week from today... just a reminder :)

i had a good tune session with kris this afternoon. thank for the help kris :)

double check you have your hfay transponders. i'll keep using the same save profiles from last season and add to it as needed.

Action B
2010.07.04, 12:45 AM
Maya and I have ours. I have some extras if needed.

byebye
2010.07.04, 08:32 AM
one week from today... just a reminder :)

i had a good tune session with kris this afternoon. thank for the help kris :)

double check you have your hfay transponders. i'll keep using the same save profiles from last season and add to it as needed.

I'll be there hopefully with all my gear. I still have transponders from before.

Yeah great tuning session. I just need to get my track setup here and do some more tuning. I my run a mclaren first race and continue setting up my Mosler.

@ActionB- I'll need a FET upgrade on a couple of cars. Let me know if I need to order FET's.

Kris

Laxracer
2010.07.05, 12:45 PM
I am not going to make the first race. Its my grandmothers 85 bday

Mike Keely
2010.07.05, 12:56 PM
I am not going to make the first race. Its my grandmothers 85 bday

We have not set a date for our race yet but you are welcome to run with us for that race if you want. We can change the club for your results so they still show for DC. We will be doing it on a Monday evening / night. I will let you know if you are interested.

arch2b
2010.07.05, 03:47 PM
thanks for being accommodating mike :) the offer stands for anyone in remnant as well if they need to.

vash
2010.07.07, 08:59 PM
i'd really like to expand our racing to include some club events. these can be with remnant, awsome and or at hobby works. i have not had much opportunity to much other than hfay and we have no shortage of past events to draw from and ideas for new ones already suggested.

I plan to be there. For other events, mention it to Cort on Saturday if you are thinking about Hobby Works. I'm sure he is open to the idea

Action B
2010.07.09, 09:02 PM
Hey unfortunately I have a time conflict with my mandatory volunteer work to get into physical therapy school. I'd love to do Hfay tomorrow but I have to be at work from 12:30pm to 2:00pm.

Its too bad I was really looking forward to racing. I'll at least stop by for awhile definitely after and maybe before. I can at least to FETs during the F1 running.

arch2b
2010.07.10, 08:25 PM
first time in maybe 10 months but core played with us good today. wasted much time, i apologize to those with limited time to race.

we will likely be moving to flipside full time which means, until they offer race management, we will need to rethink qualify rounds. fyi, flipside stopped counting for us today as well for f1.:( we are taking a drop for the first event as a result.

thanks to those whom could make it out for the jump off of season 10 :) i was a bit frantic with running the computer and racing so i could not chat as much as i would have liked.

reminder, we should be starting on-time... we ran very late today as well due to starting at 1pm. see the general time schedule posted.

byebye
2010.07.10, 11:57 PM
first time in maybe 10 months but core played with us good today. wasted much time, i apologize to those with limited time to race.

we will likely be moving to flipside full time which means, until they offer race management, we will need to rethink qualify rounds. fyi, flipside stopped counting for us today as well for f1.:( we are taking a drop for the first event as a result.

thanks to those whom could make it out for the jump off of season 10 :) i was a bit frantic with running the computer and racing so i could not chat as much as i would have liked.

reminder, we should be starting on-time... we ran very late today as well due to starting at 1pm. see the general time schedule posted.

Yeah strange. I didn't think that happened much anymore. Sorry I was running late today. I should be good to go for next race. I'll also be setting my cars up at remnant on their practice days during the week.

It was good to see some familiar faces today. Great racing with everyone.

My Mosler was handling 10 times better today with the DDS than the Tri damper. Thanks for the parts arch2b. My Mclaren wasn't running as strong today though. I think I need to drop a new motor in and run a different wheel offset up front. It wasn't running as flat as the mosler. I may go back to the LM version instead of the longtail.

The STI I put together for my son has been swapped out for an SC430 setup. I need to get the wifes car setup with a new motor mount for adjustability. I should have the track setup in the garage tomorrow for more test and tune.

Anyway great racing today.

Kris