PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT and smooth concrete floor

Capt-Zoom
2009.11.24, 07:52 PM
Anybody got some setup ideas to make my Audi TT a quick drifter on smooth concrete floors? I'm going to be racing against 015 i series cars.

The car is due to arrive Wednesday and I need to get parts and set up by thanksgiving...aka racing day. I already have the drift tires and stock tires but need other ideas if the suspension isn't up to par or if their are parts that are likely to fail...I'd hate to be the first car to drop out.

Thx

addicted
2009.11.25, 05:34 AM
perhaps an upgraded motor? the X-Speed or Atomic AWD Stock?

i take it you have a bearing set?

Capt-Zoom
2009.11.25, 10:40 AM
perhaps an upgraded motor? the X-Speed or Atomic AWD Stock?

i take it you have a bearing set?

Bearings haven't arrived yet. I'm going to be racing other stock motors so I'm not sure if I'll need that plus I've heard that it just causes more things to break. I'm more worried about tire and suspension settings. I have a set of Kyosho Drift tires on the car now.

JeremyC
2009.11.25, 03:17 PM
Bearings haven't arrived yet. I'm going to be racing other stock motors so I'm not sure if I'll need that plus I've heard that it just causes more things to break. I'm more worried about tire and suspension settings. I have a set of Kyosho Drift tires on the car now.

Zoom,

I don't have any advice for you, but have fun. :)

-Jer

Scrapper
2009.11.25, 04:15 PM
soft springs all around for drifting

on concrete i my opinion u want the suspension as high off the ground as possible

Action B
2009.11.25, 04:44 PM
Here is a tip:

Don't drift during the race :)

Capt-Zoom
2009.11.25, 07:29 PM
Here is a tip:

Don't drift during the race :)

LoL...I know. But I'm a better driver...so I can fool around a little while I'm ahead. I can drift ok on hard wood floor and stock tires (haven't even put the drift tires on yet. This AWD is really fun.

Hey does anybody know what degree hardness the stock tires on a AWD (older lancia delta chassis) are? Are they the same as the MR-015 40 deg's?