PDA

View Full Version : Burncity MiniZ - Saturday Dec 5th 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne

ukyo
2009.11.26, 08:13 AM
Burncity MiniZ - Saturday Dec 5th 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne, Australia

It's settled.. we are calling our Melbourne MiniZ group Burncity MiniZ... as a lazy way of saying "melbourne city".. we definitely ain't endorsing any sort of arson here! Our first gathering on Oct 17th was great.. i think we were all itching for more tracktime and quite a few of us were sore from putting the track together and then packing it back up. Thanks for all those who helped out!

Date: Saturday Dec 5th 2009
Time: 11:00 setup, 12:30pm-5:30pm racing, 5:30pm teardown and cleanup
Venue: Canaan International College Sports Hall, 15 Hay Street, Box Hill Vic 3128 (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=15+Hay+Street,+Box+Hill+Vic,+Australia++3128&sll=-37.831646,145.131009&sspn=0.011999,0.02871&gl=au&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=15+Hay+St,+Box+Hill+South+VIC+3128&z=16)

Classes: 1:28 scale modifed and 1:28 scale stock
Entry: $20 per racer (to help us cover hall hire costs for the day)

We will be using the same rules for stock and modified classes as the HFAY (How Fast Are You) big track events.
For stock class, this generally means the stock motor that came with the car or a HFAY stock motor. See the HFAY big track event manual (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/portals/0/files/Manuals/2009-2nd-BTE-HFAY-Manual.pdf) for full details.

We have power on site, and we will be using the ilap timing system. There will be a limited number of spare parts onsale for iwaver's and MiniZ. A limited number of HFAY stock motors will also be available.

Here is a pic of our last event on the Oct 17th.
http://users.tpg.com.au/whtang11/Oct17-RCP.jpg

Email us at melb.miniz@gmail.com

Scrapper
2009.11.26, 08:29 AM
its good that there is miniz racing all over the world

Traveler
2009.11.26, 09:07 AM
I agree! And when I eventually make it down under, I'll be taking a car or two. :D

Stu, the Ausies have long been into Mini-Zs, maybe even before us "Yanks". Have you heard of Ph2t, Nelly Turbos, PlasmAtomic motors, AusMicro? A major legacy from down under.

Scrapper
2009.11.26, 09:23 AM
i have as a matter of fact lol

ukyo
2009.11.29, 08:19 PM
i missed the scene at ausmicro during its peak... it seems that miniZ racing didn't really take off in Australia... there wasn't really a track.. there was one in Melb back in 2006 that opened for about 6 months..

late last yr we had a hobby shop opened with more of a focus in 1:28 scale with the Iwavers.. they have an imat track.. they have resparked interest

We finally managed to get a few boxes of RCP shipped to Australia without breaking the bank.. i think i've only heard of one guy on this forum somewhere that bought a mini96 that is in australia.. its always been too hard to get RCP here because UPS mail goes by air to Australia and has size limits. The shipping has always been like 1.5 times the cost of the track itself! (see how lucky you guys are in the US!)

we are hoping that the Burncity large track events can revitalise the miniZ and 1:28 scale scene here and get people to dust off their old Z's and bring them out for some fun.

we're hoping that ph2t can make it to this one cos he is based in melbourne.. he missed the first one.. and he seems to have almost semi-retired from the miniZ scene now. a few on the ausmicro forums are hoping he'll release a last batch of external turbos..

betty.k
2009.11.29, 10:41 PM
perhaps the mr03 will revitalize the scene too, if anyone can afford them!

i wish they made them in the old school 27mhz!

ph2t
2009.12.03, 09:00 PM
I agree! And when I eventually make it down under, I'll be taking a car or two. :D

Stu, the Ausies have long been into Mini-Zs, maybe even before us "Yanks". Have you heard of Ph2t, Nelly Turbos, PlasmAtomic motors, AusMicro? A major legacy from down under.

lol, I'm honoured Traveler to be even mentioned!

cheers,

ph2t.

Felix2010
2009.12.04, 04:53 AM
lol, I'm honoured Traveler to be even mentioned!

cheers,

ph2t.

ph2t, your WoahNelly Fet-board series is definitely legendary when it comes to MOSFET performance enhancement for the Mini-Z. What an awesome product you invented. The knowledge you gave to advancing Mini-Z Fet performance was huge in my mind. And your Plasmatomic and UberDash motor tuning/building series was excellent also. It inspired me to dabble into motor tuning for sure.

When are you getting back into the game mate!!!:D You are definitely missed my friend. Hope all is well.

-Lawrence McCabe III