PDA

View Full Version : Awesome RC racing

TheRinger
2009.11.26, 01:08 PM
Racing is about to begin at awesome rc. But what would be a good day for everyone 2 race? Friday, saturday, or sunday? I'll try 2 set up a poll.

Skv012a
2009.11.26, 02:16 PM
I'd say sat or sun since most of you guys work.

Full Montee
2009.11.26, 05:08 PM
For those of us local we are also thinking about some weeknight racing.

arch2b
2009.11.26, 06:25 PM
count me out for any weekday racing. let me know what we can do on the weekends and when. i posted the hfay schedule for 2010 already.

any pictures of the track construction progress?

Mike Keely
2009.11.26, 09:46 PM
Sat. are best for me but I can do Sun. if that ends up being the race day. Are we running this Sat? I will show up if other guys are coming.

VAzRACER
2009.11.27, 08:16 AM
Sat. are best for me but I can do Sun. if that ends up being the race day. Are we running this Sat? I will show up if other guys are coming.

A couple of us will be there Saturday.

Mike Keely
2009.11.29, 08:00 PM
Had a good time yesterday. Everyone is really getting faster so the practice times helped me get use to driving with other cars so much. Hope to see everyone there next Sat.

arch2b
2009.11.29, 08:06 PM
sorry i couldn't make it this weekend. only had a 1/4 tank of gas to last till monday.

arch2b
2009.11.29, 08:07 PM
so do you guys show up every saturday?

VAzRACER
2009.11.29, 08:12 PM
so do you guys show up every saturday?

Unless there is a race somewhere else we are there. Normally from 11am-9pm. Mostly just practice laps but we set a couple races up too.

arch2b
2009.12.05, 05:58 PM
matt, can you tell me what colors you used on the nissan again?

VAzRACER
2009.12.05, 09:38 PM
matt, can you tell me what colors you used on the nissan again?

Metallic blue with the flat clear coat. It all Tamiya spray paint. I think I got it at hobbyworks. The flat clear is what made the color look that way, the color was completly different before I put it on there.

arch2b
2009.12.13, 06:54 PM
robert, awsome rc has wireless right? i now have an extra usb wireless adapter i can donate to the track computer so that it can access the internet when needed trackside.

it'a a netgear wg121 that i had in use at the in-laws for a long time.

Full Montee
2009.12.14, 11:42 AM
I haven't asked but from what I've seen everything on the property is wired.

arch2b
2009.12.14, 11:54 AM
that shouldn't present a problem either. i have a box of wireless routers as well :) just let me know what you need and i'll be more than happy to supply it whenever possible.

Full Montee
2010.02.18, 08:56 PM
So after some discussion with Bill and Matt we are looking to be more constructive with our time spent and Awesome.

So how about a race series!

Ideas:
Saturdays
3 to 4 races with a drop spread across 2 months.
Low track fee
Prizes or trophys
Sportsman and Pro classes
Stock and Mod classes
Individual or group time trials on same layout seperate of series.
Prizes for fastest lap and/or most laps for time trial in stock and mod.

Tell us what you think.
We'd like to come to consensus this weekend and hopefully begin racing next weekend.

Mike Keely
2010.02.25, 06:57 PM
I will be coming down this weekend and I will race whatever you guys want to do. We should have enough time to try a few time trials and qualifiers and then the mains. Thanks MK

arch2b
2010.02.25, 07:10 PM
brandon turns 10 this weekend, i get a house full of elementary school kids for the weekend.

Mike Keely
2010.02.25, 11:15 PM
You get to have all the fun!

soyverde
2010.02.26, 09:32 AM
Doubt I can make it down regularly enough to make a series of it, but I'll definitely be there this Saturday.

Action B
2010.04.22, 10:41 AM
I want to come but I think you guys use Giro-Z, which is unfortunate since I do not have a transponder.

Full Montee
2010.04.27, 06:07 PM
Right now we typically have both Giro-Z and Core setup.

TheRinger
2010.09.13, 08:43 PM
The outdoor race series is coming 2 an end soon and it'll be time 2 move indoors. I WOULD like 2 actually make some type of race series or races in general this time. Any suggestions?

Mike Keely
2010.09.13, 09:24 PM
I am sure that we can get the Remnants crew down once a month for some sort of points series. I think that you would want to get a few extra transponders for the guys that do not have the Giro-Z ones.

TheRinger
2010.11.01, 08:40 PM
There will be no more racing at awesome rc 4 the rest of the year. Next year is questionable. Dwane decided 2 set up a train and slot car display sunday in what used 2 be the mini z room. All the track and lap counter have been taken out of the hobby shop.

VAzRACER
2010.11.01, 09:50 PM
Its sad to see it go but in the next couple weeks my place will be ready to race in so expect there to be an opening race at some point. We will have more room and a bigger track to race on. I think it will be better overall. I might even try and gret some parts there, not alot but some of the major things just incase.

Skv012a
2010.11.01, 11:07 PM
Its sad to see it go but in the next couple weeks my place will be ready to race in so expect there to be an opening race at some point. We will have more room and a bigger track to race on. I think it will be better overall. I might even try and gret some parts there, not alot but some of the major things just incase.

And where exactly are you in nova? If its any closer to MD than Awesome was and you end up holding some kinda regular sched I'll definitely come as often as possible.

Awesome was just way too far for me.

VAzRACER
2010.11.01, 11:32 PM
Depending on how you come to Awesome it should be 25-30 min closer. Its about 40 min from Hobby Works.

Skv012a
2010.11.02, 01:01 AM
What rough area though? And 40 from HW sounds a tad far, but we'll see. I need to get back into the game.

cocowawa
2010.12.25, 05:43 PM
merry christmas

TheRinger
2011.01.17, 08:31 PM
Looks like mini z racing is coming back 2 awesome rc. Rumor has it dwane will let us race there the last 2 weekends of each month. But we'll see. Will post anymore details as I or Rob get them.

TheRinger
2011.05.09, 07:57 PM
The track is finally set up this past weekend. We R trying 2 set up a race probably on the 21st but not sure. Keep U posted.

imxlr8ed
2011.08.23, 01:41 PM
5.9?... Ringer... are you demolishing or something down there?... Keep the noise down, you're shaking the earth's crust too much! :rolleyes:

If anything... I'm keeping the thread active! :D

arch2b
2011.08.23, 01:48 PM
must be... shook the 8th floor of my building something awful:mad: couldn't help but think, man, thats a long way to fall down. funny thing was, helicopter took off from the white house real quick, i'm 1 block from the head cheese.

try to give us a bit of a warning next time.;)

serious note, hope you guys are all ok down there being closer to the epicenter and all.

imxlr8ed
2011.08.23, 04:50 PM
We all got evacuated out of work... It was a nice half hour out on the lawn. Weird how it hits strong in some areas and not nearly at all in others.

Full Montee
2011.08.29, 12:12 AM
Thought you might like this view from the security cams at Awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PXPAtzjGw

TheRinger
2011.08.29, 08:18 PM
If everything would stop making me angry, I wouldn't have 2 destroy things.:D Check out the footage of the earthquake at the hobby shop that rob posted. Its sweet. And as 4 mini z's at awesome, the roof was having problems so its taking a while 2 get it fixed. But it should be up and running soon.

imxlr8ed
2011.08.30, 09:37 AM
Camera 9 needs to be tightened up... :rolleyes:

Ringer angry!!!... Ringer SMASH!!! :D

TheRinger
2011.09.12, 12:28 PM
Camera 9 needs to be tightened up... :rolleyes:

Ringer angry!!!... Ringer SMASH!!! :D

:mad:LOL:D

Full Montee
2011.09.25, 08:16 PM
Dwane should be installing the drywall and lights this week. Soon we should be ready to race again.

TheRinger
2011.11.26, 11:26 PM
The good news is that the drywall, lights and a ceiling fan are up.
The bad news is that the room is full of slot cars, trains and planes. I think it's safe to say that mini z racing is dead at awesome. I give up. Maybe there might be a chance beginning of next year but I wouldn't hold my breath.

racerxsmr
2012.03.29, 11:45 AM
Hey there...Just wondering if You guys are still racing anytime and is anyone welcome to come?

TheRinger
2012.03.29, 12:25 PM
Hey there...Just wondering if You guys are still racing anytime and is anyone welcome to come?

Not a clue. I recommend going to the Washington DC GTG section. I've been racing with that club for years. We have HFAY races there once a month. I think the next race is April 14th at hobbyworks in fairfax. I don't know the address there but it should be in the washington dc section. Or message me through the forums, sometimes I set up track at my work but not that often. There is another hobbyshop around here that seems interested in mini z's but haven't done anything yet. As for awesome rc he has other interest and they don't involve mini z's as far as I know. I tried to keep it going but nobody else cared so I am done with trying to keep it going. Everyone is all about 8th and 10th scale off road and could care less. There is a club around temple hills called( forgive the spelling) remnant racing. Mimi's or known as the track in Gaithersburg Maryland also occasionally does mini z racing and I think the reflex racing sponsored drivers along with remnant club run the events.
All I can say to anyone who wants to run at awesome rc is to call him and bug him about it. Me being a middle man with dwane for racing there doesn't work. He wants to see and hear from other people who are wanting to race there. Sorry for ranting off there racerxsmr. But their are some places that I would recommend. I forgot they usually set up track at Hobbyworks every Monday for practice and tuning also.

racerxsmr
2012.04.02, 08:12 AM
Not a clue. I recommend going to the Washington DC GTG section. I've been racing with that club for years. We have HFAY races there once a month. I think the next race is April 14th at hobbyworks in fairfax. I don't know the address there but it should be in the washington dc section. Or message me through the forums, sometimes I set up track at my work but not that often. There is another hobbyshop around here that seems interested in mini z's but haven't done anything yet. As for awesome rc he has other interest and they don't involve mini z's as far as I know. I tried to keep it going but nobody else cared so I am done with trying to keep it going. Everyone is all about 8th and 10th scale off road and could care less. There is a club around temple hills called( forgive the spelling) remnant racing. Mimi's or known as the track in Gaithersburg Maryland also occasionally does mini z racing and I think the reflex racing sponsored drivers along with remnant club run the events.
All I can say to anyone who wants to run at awesome rc is to call him and bug him about it. Me being a middle man with dwane for racing there doesn't work. He wants to see and hear from other people who are wanting to race there. Sorry for ranting off there racerxsmr. But their are some places that I would recommend. I forgot they usually set up track at Hobbyworks every Monday for practice and tuning also.

I appreciate the info, I'll check into it... I actually have a mini 96 rcp track, but no room to put it down in My apartment, every once and a while I will put it down for a week, or so but thats about it. I'm definantly trying to get into some racing though, so I'll check the dc section and probably check out hobbyworks in the near future. Hey if You ever have room for an extra track at Your job, give Me a shout I'll bring mine over for a super track lol...

Thanks again for the info!

TheRinger
2012.04.21, 08:30 PM
Mini z racing is officially over at awesome rc.