PDA

View Full Version : Car not running straight

Breakneck
2009.11.27, 09:11 AM
My awd will start swaying to the side during acceleration on straight...
What can i do to make it run straight?

Thanks in advance.

addicted
2009.11.27, 09:58 AM
it's due to the unequal weight distribution, as the batteries are heavier than the motor, some people have been known to put coins on the side of the motor to equal it out, or you can adjust the trim which is what i have done

Breakneck
2009.11.27, 12:47 PM
I've tried adjusting the trim/centering on the TX but it doesn't help...

Is there any other reason/solution? :confused:

Thanks.

it's due to the unequal weight distribution, as the batteries are heavier than the motor, some people have been known to put coins on the side of the motor to equal it out, or you can adjust the trim which is what i have done

Tjay
2009.11.28, 04:35 AM
-super glue the 8t pinion on the shaft
-make sure the diff is tighten correctly
-make sure there's no binding on all 4 wheels
--> to check for binding, remove the motor pinion and push the car to see if it'll roll freely.

Good Luck!

dvsstrike
2009.11.28, 10:42 PM
as before replace the servo saver

greenepa76
2009.11.30, 02:19 PM
I just got my AWD and it needed chassis tweak adjustment badly just like the 1/10 scale cars. It was pulling on acceleration and darting on braking due to uneven contact patches on the tires. It is all solved now with shims under the knuckles.

phea
2009.12.01, 12:39 AM
Check to make sure the drift-shaft is free and the spur is even. Earlier today on my car, I noticed that the spur was not tight and therefore rubbing against the rear diff cause it wanted to fall off. Basically make sure the drive-train is smooth and doesnt bind anywhere.