PDA

View Full Version : MBMZR Event - January 30th, 2010

hrdrvr
2009.11.27, 10:53 AM
This will be an MBMZR event held at our club track at CFI.

WE NOW HAVE A SPONSERS LIST!
3cGrafx
Beach Auto Body
CFI
FAST LANE RACING
MBMZR
PNRacing
Reflex Racing

The address is:
3046 Emory Rd
Myrtle Beach, SC

For those that attended the race at 843, but haven't been to our place, its very close, and you could use all the same accommodations you did at those events.

The track will be an elevated layout, which you can see some pictures of recent similar layouts in our club picture thread. (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30623&page=4) The layout will be fast, challenging, and interesting. For those who haven't raced on an elevated track, you should really check it out. It really tests your car control and set up skills while dealing with elements that we don't see on conventional layouts. I will set the layout up on Thursday afternoon, so it will be available for practice all day on Friday.

As it stands Id like to pack this into one race day. If we get enough people where it looks like it'll be too long of a day (or people just prefer a two day event), I will stretch it till Sunday. If this is the case racing will start early on Sunday morning, and we will have everything wrapped up by early afternoon, so people can make their ways back home at a decent time. Also, Id like to start around noon on Saturday, so our semi-local Charlotte guys can drive in that morning and save a night hotel, if they choose to give up the Friday practice time. If you guys who will be coming are going to make it on Friday night, we can start racing a little earlier on Saturday and it would be easier to pack it all in :D

Cost will be $10 for 15 and under, and $30 for every one else. You can run as many classes as you like. Some of the entry fee money will be given back in the form of raffle prizes.

I'm going to limit this to four classes to try and keep it a little more simple, and help in the process of getting done quickly.

GT/Touring Stock
Any 1/28th scale chassis (86-106mm)
Any ASC type touring body (Kyosho, TRP, I-Waiver, Minipower, etc..), No LM, no pan shells, no lexan
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 23mm or less)
Rubber tires, no foams, no traction compound
Electronics have no limitations
*Box stock Kyosho motor, or PN70t (HFAY and PN handout are excepted) motor
4xAAA batteries, no lithium
180g post race

Super Stock
Prototype Shells only (LM ASCs, PN Pan Car, and ATM VDS bodies)
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 23mm or less)
Electronics have no limitations
*Box stock Kyosho motor, or PN70t (HFAY and PN handout are excepted) motor

Formula 1:
Kyosho F1 chassis
Kyosho F1 body
Kyosho F1 (or after market) wheels. They have to be stock size and except stock tires
Kyosho F1 (or after market) tires. Any rubber tires, no traction compound
Electronics and motors have no limitations

Mod Class:
Any 1/28th scale body
Prototype bodies as well as lexan are excepted
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Electronics and motors have no limitations

*In GT/Touring stock, and Super Stock the motor must not be opened. It is perfectly legal to remove the brushes for replacement, inspection, or cleaning of the comm. The endbell must not be removed. If a motor is supsected of foul play, and the tabs that hold the endbell on look to be tampered with, that motor is subject to DQ.

Bodies can be trimmed to allow for suspesion travel, tire clearance, the use of different wheel bases, aero adjustments, or to remove parts that may snag onto the RCP rails. Excessive removal for weight reduction is prohibited.

Im pretty liberal when it comes to rules, so if you stay within these guidlines there wont be any questions. However, if you need further clarification please feel free to post publicly, or PM me.

Stay tuned for more information as it comes available! Edits will be posted cyan to be easily distinguishable from previously posted material.

hrdrvr
2009.11.27, 10:54 AM
SCHEDULE:
Wednseday night - Set up track and run some laps to solidify layout.
Thursday - Open Practice during CFIs regular business hours (8-4)
Friday - Open Practice from 8am til ..?
Saturday:
7am - Doors/Track Open
8am - Registration Begins
10am - Registration Closed, Drivers meeting held
11am - We Begin the First Qlaifyier of the first round

The rest of the timing will depend on how many people run each class. We will be running 3 rounds of 5 minute qualifiers which will be picked randomly by the CPU, then reshuffled after the second round. We have an announcer coming who is going to push us along fairly quickly. With the participation we expect, there will be a lot of heats to be run, and she will aid very much so in keeping us on pace, and getting us out of there at a decent time. She is experienced with running large race events, and known for keeping it rollin.

Also, a couple of CFI employees have deided to donate their time as marshalls for the event. This should help ensure every one has plenty of pit time to keep their cars and batteries ready for their next race.

As far as the open practice time on friday night, itll be played by ear. Last time We committed to 7, but I think there were people here until after 9, which could easily happen again.

I cheated and stole most of this from the other event threads Ive done. If you notice anything that seems out of context, sorry :(

HOTEL INFORMATION:
This search shows a list of hotels that are in garden city beach. It is just south of myrtle, and just as close to 843 as any of the myrtle hotels.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=garden+city+SC+hotels&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=InHTSf-NCcaFtgfn053tBg&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

This would be a good place to start if you are going out on your own to search, as this will be a family friendly area.

There are two places that are very close and very convininet to the track (less than 2 minutes without traffic). The first is a little better IMO, and its the Hilton Garden Inn.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MYRAPGI

Its a brand new (less than 2 years) hotel, and even though its small it has all of the five star resort type amenities (pools, spa, resturaunt/bar, interent access, etc.), and is right next to the Coastal Grand Mall. Its location is ideal for this event, as its very close to the track, as well as being very close to a plethera of eateries of all price points, and the mall is right there for significant others.
I checked pricing for here, and as of 12/12/09 you can get rooms on friday and saturday night for $62/night with expedia.com.

The absolute closest place is the Super 8 motel. They sure made it look nice for the interent :D Its not a very clean looking place from the outside (I wouldnt reccomend it for folks bringing their families down), but a few of the guys who came down for the Spring Fling stayed over there, and said it wasnt bad at all. A few more folks stayed at this place for the PN regional, and also said it wasnt bad at all.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=03849

This should be a good start for you guys coming in from out of town. If you guys are using expedia, or hotels. com, you can plug in the address to see how close your options are to the shop. The street is:
3046 Emory Rd
Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577

Hotels should be pretty cheap this time a year. Most hotels will be down around $50-60 a night right on the beach. Im sure you can find some dirt cheap stuff off of the beach. If this information isnt enough for anyone, feel free to contact me driectly through PM, and I will gladly help make arrangements.

SHOPPING and ATTRACTIONS:

This has a lot of the local shopping spots listed.
http://www.myrtlebeachshopping.com/

Broadway is a great place to shop, but there are also hotels, resaraunts, night clubs, and aquarium, and a couple of theaters. Its only a few minutes from our track, so it may be a good spot to stay as well :D
http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

There are also all kinds of shows and nightly attractions that you guys may be interested in for friday night if you are coming down a day early. I doubt we should plan around any thing for saturday night, as pending the crowd, we may have a long day of racing ahead of us :D In searching for a good list of live attractions I came across this MB visitor site that should cover just about everything I didnt. :D
http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/

Its got everything youd want to know about visiting MB, so that should be a good resource for wives/families planning to attend.

Another thing, if youve got kids coming, you may be interested in one of the beaches fun parks. :D Ironically, they arent listed on the previous site, but google has a good run-down of them. They are all within 20-30 minutes of our place.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=myrtle+beach+theme+parks&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

FOOD:
There will be a grill going all day on saturday. The grill man is planning to be set up and rolling around 11. Im not 100% sure of the menu, but Im suire we can bank on hot dogs, and hamburgers. He might surprise us with chicken breasts or brats, or something else interesting :D He plans on being here until dinner time or so, so no one will have to arrange eating out, or gettng food delivered.

Of course there are many fine (and not so fine :D) eateries close to us, including a few who deliver.

Edits highlighted in cyan.

hrdrvr
2009.11.27, 10:55 AM
Drivers List

GT/Touring Stock
Chad
Chris
Eric
Griffin
Hank
James
Josh
Landon
Matt
Mike
Pedro
Tannie
Wade
Zak

Super Stock
Chad
Chris
Collin
Eric
Hank
James
KB
Landon
Lane
Mike
Monty
Pedro
Wade
Zak

Formula 1
Andy
Chad
James
Hank
Landon
Mike
Pedro
Wade

Modified
Chad
Collin?
Eric
Hank
James
Landon
Lane
Matt
Wade

kromie101
2009.11.27, 08:28 PM
touring stock
eric hanna?
griffin hanna

super stock
eric hanna
collin hanna

mod
eric hanna
collin hanna?

chad508
2009.11.27, 09:00 PM
i'll run all 4 if i can do that and help run the event. might be tough, but i cant wait

B-main
2009.11.27, 09:34 PM
touring stock
chris blackwell

super stock
chris blackwell
and ill help out with the event any way you need me to

hrdrvr
2009.11.28, 06:25 AM
Eric, why the question marks? :D

Chad, Run all four. Ill just need some help getting things into the CPU :D

Chris, soounds good. :D

Drivers list updated!

Daddy Rabbit
2009.11.28, 07:16 AM
Son,
Check your PM's.
Can I run LM in the stock class?
I will run some type stock class and F-1.

hrdrvr
2009.11.28, 07:22 AM
^ Nah dad. LM cars will be run with pan cars in super stock. Only GT and touring cars will be allowed in GT/Touring Stock. However, you do not have to run LM wheels and tires just because you are running an LM body. LM wheels and tires are allowed in any class, except F1.

minittrackmann
2009.11.28, 08:35 AM
Hmm maybe I will come down and check this out. Get some NJ/NY guys to come down..

mleemor60
2009.11.28, 09:37 AM
Touring Stock? Mercedes, Audi, Lancer, Scooby Do. What other sedan or touring bodies are there? You do mean Touring and not Grand Touring, right? Cool idea. Run all the chassis the same with Prototype, GT, Touring and F-1.

hrdrvr
2009.11.28, 12:25 PM
Cody, it would be cool if you and a few NY/NJ guys made it down. It wasnt that bad of a ride when we had a few people swapping driving duties.

Mike, I guess I dont know the "real" lingo for the classes. :D Should it be called GT stock? I want it to be anything except the prototype cars.

mleemor60
2009.11.28, 01:26 PM
It can be whatever you want it to be. Generally though if it has 4 doors it's a touring car. It would make for a neat race to use touring cars, GT's and prototypes. Who needs modified's.

kromie101
2009.11.28, 08:07 PM
landon,your name is not under mod:confused:? your not gonna leave me hanging are ya:D.

you know the boys and me will help do some races.

we'll i've got a ? mark by my name in stock because i'm not sure if i can run the mclaren body in stock. and with collin i need to set up a car for him in mod.i don't wanna have to swap motors everytime.i have those bone stock lemans cars he could run but not sure about the gearing. i'll figure something out:D.

i got a number today when we went to the mall to find out about renting a space. are you still interested in trying to put something together?we need to atleast try it and see if we can get more people interested:). cya

hrdrvr
2009.11.29, 12:12 PM
It can be whatever you want it to be. Generally though if it has 4 doors it's a touring car. It would make for a neat race to use touring cars, GT's and prototypes. Who needs modified's.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Maybe at the next event Ill do all spec classes with touring, GT, and prototype cars. For this one though, Im kind of trying to cater to what weve been running at our track, and what you guys have been running (stock pan and LM namely). Weve been running mod on a weekly basis, so we definitely want to run that this time :D The layout will be mod friendly too. On the most recent ones, Ive been out qualifying my stock car, and for this event, it should be the same.

landon,your name is not under mod:confused:? your not gonna leave me hanging are ya:D.

you know the boys and me will help do some races.

we'll i've got a ? mark by my name in stock because i'm not sure if i can run the mclaren body in stock. and with collin i need to set up a car for him in mod.i don't wanna have to swap motors everytime.i have those bone stock lemans cars he could run but not sure about the gearing. i'll figure something out:D.

i got a number today when we went to the mall to find out about renting a space. are you still interested in trying to put something together?we need to atleast try it and see if we can get more people interested:). cya

Leaving me out of mod was a mistake for sure :D Im in there now!

Thanks for the offer on announcing. Ill definitely use y'all.

You could maybe drop a 70t in the LM cars and let them run them in super stock, then drop a mod motor in Collins pan car and call it a day :D You are allowed to run the McLaren in GT/touring stock. I was just a bit confused about what to call it. Ive got it all sorted now, I think.

The mall is for another thread, but just to let you know, Ive been in touch with folks at all the local ones recently :D

minittrackmann
2009.11.29, 03:01 PM
Is anyone sponsoring this race?

hrdrvr
2009.11.29, 08:16 PM
^ Id like to see what kind of turn-out Im going to get outside of our club (dont like asking for every club race :D) before I start asking for any sponsership. If it looks like we will get a good following from out of towners, then Ill hit PN and Reflex up as I did last year for our spring fling. PN sent $300 worth of gift certificates, RR sent $300+ worth of garb, and Davey G threw down a pit board to go along with three others MBMZR purchased and donated. Between the local hobby shop and MBMZR we added about $500 more of random giveaways on top of that, including an F1 RTR.

Ill make sure there are atleast trophies or plaques, and a few givaway items for door prizes.

Here is a shot of the Spring Fling prize table.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/?action=view&current=DSC01256.jpg

If we get 35+ drivers, I dont see why we cant match or beat that at this event :D

kromie101
2009.11.30, 05:19 PM
us racers are sponcering it with our sign up money:D. get those big dogs to give you some goody's:).

hrdrvr
2009.12.01, 09:06 AM
^ The sign up money will be what MBMZR uses to provide some giveaways :D There will be garb to grab ;)

hrdrvr
2009.12.10, 07:19 AM
Reflex Racing has confirmed that they will be sending a donation in the form of gift certificates. That means we will be racing for prizes!

hrdrvr
2009.12.10, 01:06 PM
We got PN!!

I just got an email today from Phillip at PN, and he has confirmed that he is going to send me some product for sponsership of the event! Between that, Reflex's generosity, and what MBMZR is going to put up, we should have some good stuff to race for!!

chad508
2009.12.10, 06:56 PM
this is event is starting to shape up real nice. looks like we should as good if not better race than the spring fling last year. maybe we can get some of the ny, nj, pa guys down for this one. how about it guys

VAzRACER
2009.12.10, 08:05 PM
I will be there. I am going to see the guys from PA soon so I will try to talk them into it. I think maybe 2-3 people from our group may come down too. I will know more after this weekend. Once I decide what classes to run I will let you know.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.12.11, 06:26 AM
That's great Matt, always a pleasure, and see what you can do with Ed and Larry.
How about you NYC guys, come on Alex and Davey G pull um together and come on down. George it would be nice to see you and Mini Berm also.
That would give you guys a chance to get out of that cold northern weather.

hrdrvr
2009.12.13, 09:16 AM
Chad, I think the out of town interest is going to be here. The NC guys are always late in telling us who is coming and what they are running, but for what Mike says they will probably make another strong showing. I see Jay talking it up too (you go Jay! :D), so Im confident they will support us! Itdll be nice to have them at our track again! A little more individual, but I think Wade and Rodney are going to be gunning for me after the enduro! I hope Pedro can mmake it down to join the fun!

Matt, thatll be awesome. There are still a few guys from y'alls gorup Ive been wanting to meet. Hopefully Jeremy can make it again this time. Its always fun to run with him! Be sure and let them know about the cheap hotel rates I found! From expedia you can book the Hilton Garden Inn (I put this in the first post too) for $62/night that weekend. Its a very nice hotel, and its only about 2 miles from our place.

When you think you know what classes you can let me know. I dont mind swapping them if something else peaks your interest later when they start to fill in. Look forward to running with you again! Ill be running with you 'in spirit' on the HFAY event. Im coming after ya in F1 this time :D

Dad, you may have to go post in those Norrthern guys threads. I dont know that they check our stuff out down here ;) We need to let Larry know it wont be too hot, lol :D

First few posts updated with new information.

Talked back and forth with Davey G this morning on email. The event has secured another sponser, and Davey G is devoting some time and effort to make sure weve got some nice trophies/plaques for the event. We are planning to have plaques for 1st-5th in the A-main, as well as 1st-3rd in the B!

There is a new updated sponser list in the first post!

lfisminiz
2009.12.13, 06:56 PM
Yes, Landon, i try to keep up with other regions posts to keep current. Not sure about Ed and.........but i know i wont make it down . Im not crazy about the ENORMUS:eek::p travel time. I already have a 4 HR. trip to Virginia to see Matt and the gang for the big track HFAY race this month. But i have no doubt about the quality of the event you will put on. You guys are top notch.

Like i said...dont know about Ed and whoever. Our club/area is dead around here.

Luckly within 1.5 - 3hrs..theirs numerous highly competitive tracks to visit on occasion. Thats all we really get.

Good Luck to all. By the way...Hello Daddy Rabbit and family.:)

Daddy Rabbit
2009.12.14, 05:40 PM
Sorry you are not going to make it Larry, but we will see you this summer up at some northern races, have a nice holiday.

lfisminiz
2009.12.14, 06:45 PM
Happy Holidays to you all too. And yes we always get together sometime at a race some where.;)

kromie101
2009.12.20, 05:54 PM
daddy rabbit, can me and the boys stay in the camper friday night? will park on the side somewhere.i would like to practice friday night and just stay in the camper so i don't have to drive home late and come back early sat morning.

thanks eric

Daddy Rabbit
2009.12.21, 12:15 PM
Eric, Sure you can, just let us know when we get a little closer, so we can let Stan know what's going on. What do you need for power? I am sure we can fix you up, also we can fix you up with a key to the head, I know the boss.:D

chad508
2009.12.21, 02:05 PM
soundss like eric want to do a secret midnight practice, with no one watching. i got my eyes on this one

kromie101
2009.12.22, 06:21 PM
sounds cool DR.who's the boss?:D. i said something to myssie about it and she asked,what about a hotel room.so we might stay in a nice hotel.i'll get the boys a room and me and the wife our own. huba huba ding ding;).

chad,i don't keep any secrets. i gotta watch you guys. always trying to team up on me:p:).

Daddy Rabbit
2009.12.22, 06:29 PM
Sounds good Eric, just let us know,:)

mleemor60
2009.12.22, 09:03 PM
sounds cool DR.who's the boss?:D. i said something to myssie about it and she asked,what about a hotel room.so we might stay in a nice hotel.i'll get the boys a room and me and the wife our own. huba huba ding ding;).

chad,i don't keep any secrets. i gotta watch you guys. always trying to team up on me:p:).

Eric, the Staybridge Suites next to Hard Rock has 2 bedroom 2 bath suites with full kitchens and the like for something like $75 a night. Decent breakfast thrown in too.

hrdrvr
2009.12.23, 06:56 AM
The Hilton Garden Inn (at the Coastal Grand Mall) right down te street is like $65 a night or something, if you dont want the kids sharing a sweet with you. I forget the exact, but Ive got it on the first page. I found the cheapest price through expedia.

We got another sponser! One of the local shops in town is owned by one of our local MiniZ racers. He is going to be donating some materials for making some TQ trophies, which shuld be very interesting. FAST LANE RACING has been added to the front page!

Scrapper
2009.12.24, 04:51 PM
i wanna go but i am gonna to convince my parents to let me

hrdrvr
2009.12.25, 08:15 PM
It would be cool to have you down Stu! IDK if you remember, but we met at Majs at the PN race. A group of our local guys were sitting next to (and across from) you.

Scrapper
2009.12.26, 11:33 AM
i remember but i already got the response and my dad said thats to long of a drive and its too soon that i read this thread at least, maybe i can make it down for the next enduro

hrdrvr
2010.01.06, 07:21 AM
Cool Stu. Our next big event will probably be the enduro. Itll be on April 10th. There will be a thread soon with the details and rules, so stay tuned, and let your parents know the date :D

As for people who are lurking and planning to attend, I urge you to post what classes youd be running. Itll be easier to plan the timing of the event if we have a better idea about who is coming, and what they are planning to run. Ive heard a lot of people saying they were coming, but not many people committing to classes.

Scrapper
2010.01.08, 06:39 PM
ill try to make it down to the enduro

Daddy Rabbit
2010.01.09, 07:34 AM
Landon, check your PM's.

hrdrvr
2010.01.13, 10:14 AM
First of all, Dave is getting to work on some nice plaques for the event trophies. We may have a teaser soon :D

Second of all, Beach Auto Body (a local body shop owned by a local miniZ racer) has decided to sponser the event in the form of a paint donation. The paint will be combined with white bodies to create a few MBMZR custom bodies to give out as door prizes! I dont if any of you guys have seen Serrano's air brush work, but he will put out something any one would be pretty proud to race!

We promise they wont be green and silver or white and orange! :p

pedrocamp
2010.01.13, 10:37 AM
How about green and orange! I look forward to coming down and mixing it up with you guys. I am tentatively running Stock, LM and F1. My son Zak will run Stock and LM. I would like to run Mod but keeping up with 5 cars may be enough for one day.

hrdrvr
2010.01.13, 10:46 AM
lol, or white and silver.....I wouldnt need the additional sponsership then :D

Ill put you and Zak down :D Take a look in y'alls regular thread for an odd request from me :D Im just trying to get an idea of where the participation is going to be, as well as have a little list for other potential sponsers to check out. The Drivers List is very tenative.....

kromie101
2010.01.17, 07:28 PM
we are gonna be staying at the holiday inn at broadway for free:D.i have enough points saved up on my rewards card from being out of town so much. freebee is awesome:D:D. cya

hrdrvr
2010.01.18, 08:31 AM
Less than 2 weeks away! Im trying to get some last minute things in order. Its looking like this might turn out to be the event of the year in MB :D

VAzRACER
2010.01.18, 02:07 PM
Landon,

Put me down for gt stock and modified.

One question, do you think a 180g weigth is a little high. Maybe make it 175. With the 03s being lighter i would have to add around 10g to each car. Sorry to bother you about it, it just crossed my mind when I was looking over the rules.

Thanks

hrdrvr
2010.01.18, 03:48 PM
This conversation might open up a big can of worms :D This is why I dont even usually mess with weight limits :D I dont like adding weight either! Ive been reading, and debating on what to do with my own events, and this is what I decided should work best.

Here is my reasoning:
With the MR02 I thought 175g was a good limit to use. Some one could achieve this with a smaller body, and not going with too much alloy on the chassis. You were at a disavantage in the stability and durability department to cars who were running big heavy bodies and alloy.

Now with the 03, you could easily achieve 175g with a large body, and have the a stability advantage that cant be achieved with an 02 IMO (not at 175g). I chose 180, as it seems like to me its a happy medium for the two platforms. Believe me, when most of the 02s get cycled out, I will go back to no weight limit, but right now, I just dont want to give such a big disadvantage to those still running them (a majority of our group, and a majority of the folks I know coming from out of town).

Keep in mind, there is a weight limit in GT stock only! There is no weight limit in Super Stock, Mod, or F1.

One more thing to keep in mind. This is my first event since the 03s came out, and my next one may have a different set of weight rules. This is what I think will work best for most people, but I am open to change!

Drivers list updated! :D

Oops, you do mean GT stock right?

VAzRACER
2010.01.18, 03:53 PM
Gt stock is right.

I'm cool with the weight limit, I'll add the weight next weekend to make sure everything will still work fine

Action B
2010.01.18, 05:04 PM
Maya and I would really like to come but I'm not sure that can happen since we live in Northern Virginia now and really don't have a lot of money to travel distances like that. If I can convince Nate to drive then maybe lol.

kromie101
2010.01.18, 05:54 PM
matt,looking forward to bumping fenders with ya:).cya soon,eric

hrdrvr
2010.01.19, 03:42 PM
Brandon, It would be great to see you guys agian. If there is anything I can do to help y'all guys make it down, let me know!

Action B
2010.01.19, 04:13 PM
Brandon, It would be great to see you guys agian. If there is anything I can do to help y'all guys make it down, let me know!

Thanks. I'm really wanting to debut my new custom paintjob and recently greatly weight reduced MA-010. I'd love to race but I'd basically have to find someone to ride with. I could pay partial expenses for everything of course. If anyone is heading down and wants to cut costs let me know. I don't have a lot of money but I'd be able to help some.

hrdrvr
2010.01.20, 09:02 AM
B, Youve got PM!

I decided Id take a pic of the prize table Ive put together so far. I took this pic last week, and there have allready been a few more items that snuck in :D Also, the three white bodies are getting the JLLS customs treatment :D Ill sneak a teaser up here later. Ive got a feeling they are going to be a hot item on the raffle table :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/IMAG0001.jpg

Keep in mind, this are just the prizes donated by MBMZR! Cant wait to see what PN and reflex add to it!!

hrdrvr
2010.01.20, 10:29 AM
Teaser shots of the bodies in progress.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/IMAG0006.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/IMAG0007.jpg

Davey G
2010.01.20, 12:45 PM
Teaser:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/landontrophy.jpg

B-main
2010.01.20, 12:59 PM
Teaser:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/landontrophy.jpg

that's going to look soo good on my wall

chad508
2010.01.20, 02:06 PM
what you going to steal it from me?

Daddy Rabbit
2010.01.20, 02:49 PM
Great job DG.:D

kromie101
2010.01.20, 05:21 PM
looks awesome:).

hrdrvr
2010.01.21, 10:19 AM
Ill make sure I link up the proper chat when the day comes, but for now here is another little teaser :D

MBMZR track room is online live on stickam.com! Here is the link for the current session. Could possibly see some practice laps this afternoon, but it is more or less just a video and sound check for the event :D Check our local forum if you care to watch us on friday night! Ill be streaming for our small club night starting between 4 and 6.

http://stickam.com/largeChatNew.do?uId=179300260&rf=lsChat

EDIT: Proper link to see whats going on in our track room at anytime!
http://stickam.com/mbmzr

hrdrvr
2010.01.26, 09:44 AM
Its getting really close! Im getting excited!

Just as a heads up, Ill have a pic of the track posted tommorrow sometime (thursday at the latest). In case anyone is wondering about gearing, Im going to make this layout quick :D The layout will end up with a 16, a 17, and a 22 tile straight, with sweepers on both ends of each. There is a short 3 wide straight connecting the two longer straights, so there is a LOT of carry speed at play. We did a layout similar to this one before, and the high speed racing was intense :D

Also, the drivers list has been updated again. I just wanted to say to any one sitting on the fence, you may as well come on out :D The drivers list is basically just a glimpse of who is coming. I imagine we will end up with over 30 in attendace :D

hrdrvr
2010.01.27, 10:39 AM
Layout pictures :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Track%20room/IMAG0015.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Track%20room/IMAG0013.jpg

Another pic of the revised prize table :D The white bodies are no longer white :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/IMAG0011.jpg

And a shot with all of the plaques put together :D I may have pics of the TQ, and Cup trophies tihs afternoon.....

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/IMAG0014.jpg

JuniorWKR
2010.01.27, 11:13 AM
awesome... awesome.... awesome...

love the layout... we were going to try and make it to this event but family obligations got in the way... you will most definitly see some MHS shirts there this summer.... keep us posted of upcoming events so that we can plan a weeks vacation with the families...

kwsmith29
2010.01.27, 04:41 PM
Awsome, I think I like it better than the enduro layout.....

pedrocamp
2010.01.28, 04:49 AM
Very cool Landon! Really looking forward to the weekend...

Traveler
2010.01.28, 05:22 AM
WOW! I'm jealous! Hope you all have fun!

hrdrvr
2010.01.28, 06:56 PM
awesome... awesome.... awesome...

love the layout... we were going to try and make it to this event but family obligations got in the way... you will most definitly see some MHS shirts there this summer.... keep us posted of upcoming events so that we can plan a weeks vacation with the families...

Sounds great Junior! April 10th is the next big one weve got on the horizon. Its looking like Ill need a bigger venue for that one, but itll be the same great southern hospitality, along with some of the fastest drivers the south has to offer. Ill be back up at MHS before 2010 is out as well :D

Awsome, I think I like it better than the enduro layout.....

The enduro layout was all about getting some seperation since we were running mod and stock cars at the same time. This layout is more about togetherness and close racing :D

Very cool Landon! Really looking forward to the weekend...

Im looking forward to seeing you guys again too! Ill have an announcer, so hopefully I get more convo time this round than I usually do :D

WOW! I'm jealous! Hope you all have fun!

Dont be jealous, be here! :D

hrdrvr
2010.01.28, 07:02 PM
Oh yea, and as far as our feedback of the layout: We love it :D Ive got a few kinks to work out with the elevations to try and keep everything smoothed out on the transitions. We also had some lap counter trouble (bridge reading cars from lower levels), but thats all worked out now, and the reason I wanted to run a club night on it :D

The main reason I like it, its pretty easy, and VERY fast. We ran (3) 6 man mains last night (Stock A/B, Mod A), and all of them were decided on the very last lap. This layout is screaming for some tight, close, high-speed racing!!! I also turned a whole lap more with my mod car in qualifying, so we should see some seperation in mod and stock, which is something my more technical layouts dont usually offer.

See every one this weekend!!!

Oh yeah, and I hope no one is scared off by the weather. It never snows at the beach, and even with the record lows across the south, we are still slated for 40+ temps :D All pit space will be indoors, and heated :D Only smokers need to be cold :D

B-main
2010.01.28, 07:31 PM
:eek:Only smokers need to be cold:eek: why'd you have to call me out like that L

hrdrvr
2010.01.28, 07:34 PM
Haha, Are you the only one now? I was calling all of y'all out!

Check your PM :D

JuniorWKR
2010.01.29, 09:22 AM
does anyone know how far sunset beach is from you guys?...

chad508
2010.01.29, 09:54 AM
maybe 45 minutes. i do alot of work in that area and with the new roads we have you can make it in 45 are less.

JuniorWKR
2010.01.29, 10:00 AM
awesome... my building suopplier offered me his condo which is on the second fairway of oyster cay golf course for one of your races... i will see if its available this april... is this going to be a weekend event or a one day race... i will plan my weeks vacation around it....

chad508
2010.01.29, 10:04 AM
with it being the enduro it will be a one day race. but im sure practice will go on the day before as the track is open m-f

JuniorWKR
2010.01.29, 10:08 AM
please keep me posted of this aprils race or if you guys already have another one planned for the following months and i will schedule to get there....

hpgod
2010.01.29, 11:39 AM
Sat April 10 is what landon conifrmed for the reflex racing enduro

hrdrvr
2010.01.29, 03:24 PM
Junior its definitely going to be April 10th, and a one day event. qualifying will be a half hour, and the race 4 hours. If you want to get in more racng than that, you could come to our club night the week before or after. The week before is more likely to have a big crowd (people getting ready, as opposed to taking a brake after a 4 hour race).

We are getting people in the room allready! Im opening up the live feed on stockam, so check it out! There are some hot laps going down!!!

stickam.com/mbmzr

hrdrvr
2010.01.30, 01:59 PM
Check us out on stickam!!

We are just about to start the third round of qualifiers!

For the current standings weve got:

Formula1:
Rodney HSG
Landon MBMZR
Wade HSH

GT Stock:
Eric MBMZR
Matt DC GTG
Chad MBMZR

Modified:
Landon MBMZR
Matt DC GTG
Eric MBMZR

Super Stock:
Landon MBMZR
Eric MBMZR
Chad MBMZR

Third round after the reshuffle starting now!

pedrocamp
2010.01.30, 04:01 PM
Can't see you on Stickam!

Wish I could be there...

hrdrvr
2010.01.30, 04:50 PM
Im back up!!

mleemor60
2010.01.30, 05:40 PM
A mains starting right now with F-1 Stay tuned.

pedrocamp
2010.01.30, 06:01 PM
Good run in F1 Rodney! 1 for HS!

B-main
2010.01.30, 09:39 PM
all i can say is wow.the level of competition was out of this world .if you didn't run or watch it on stickam you missed a great race .it was great to finely put a face with the screen names .and to see old friends and meet new ones .o yea and the door prizes were great to .id like to say thank you to all the sponsors and a big one to LANDON .ANDY AND MRS.THOMPSON for giving me such a great place to race and to all my club members for all the help ..cause im a newbie.and missy for calling the race .i hope i can make some new friends at the next event we have .

hrdrvr
2010.01.30, 10:04 PM
Hopefully every one that wanted to see it got to see it on Stickam! My race director ran the event so smooth and so fast, I didnt have any time for extra video :eek:

Im going to give the full run-down on monday when I get back to the track, but for now, I wanted to throw out the results I can remember off the top of my head.

Formula 1:
Rodney TQ
Landon
Chad
Jay
Wade
James

GT Stock:
Matt
Eric TQ

I dont remember the rest of this one. It was rather dismal for me. Hank and I finished pretty far behind the rest of the field in 5th and 6th, but I dont remember how Chad and KB finished in front of us. Competition was strong in this class, and Rodney and I had a great battle in the B, where I took the bump-up.

Mod:
Eric
Matt
KB
Landon TQ
Chad
Hank

Super Stock:
Landon
Eric
Rodney
KB
Chad
Hank

Rodney and KB had a great battle going for third, and Chad was on the same lap with them for most of the race. I know 4 minutes into the race atleast 5 of us were all on the same lap!! 5 or 6 minute in 4 of us were still on the same lap. I was on the straight right behind Rodney, who was chasing KB, who was right on Eric's bumper. For a couple of laps the four of us were sharing the main straight! Im pretty sure it was me that cost KB his podium, as right at the end of the race he got a little squirly, and shoveld him from the back into the wall. Rodney got by and gapped him a little with very little time left.

As for the Carolina Cup Challenge, we are off to an exciting start!

In the team Championship MBMZR took 800 total points, and HSH took 680 or so (dont remember exactly). We claimed the first victory of the cup!!

For the individual cup there was some close competition! The top five played out like this:
Landon 184
Rodney 178
Chad 172
Wade ???
Eric 144

Keep in mind Eric put himself that close to the rest of us only running 3 classes! He had 2 seconds, and a win for some big points!! Give that man an F1!!!

Ill get full results and some pics up on monday! All in all it was an awesome event! Even with the bad weather (there was ice on my truck when I left the track) keeping a few people home, and a few others missing out because of other situations (or just lame excuses :D), we still ended up with 25+ racers and a ton of entries! Also, Wade said it best when he said something to the effect, of "We might not be the fastest guys out there, but we sure have some good races!" He was spot on! Ed Check and I talked about that same thing before. Our group, the HS group, and the travellers who come join us from afar (Matt is a reg down here, as well as Hank and Ed for big events), make up one competitive group! Our guys are all so close in competition, it really makes the events a blast!! You never know who is going to end up on top with this crowd! This event was no different. We had guys that TQed and won A-Mains, have to race in B-Mains in other classes. There were around 10 guys with legitimate shots at A-Mains in each of the 70t classes, and there were numerous lead changes in every main!

The sponsers (some of which are our racers!) hooked us up with some great prizes!!

Monty (Beach Auto Body) donated some paint for Serrano (CFI donated his time ;) ) to paint up some white bodies in which the club purchased and donated. MBMZR also put together a nice stack of Mini-Z garb to go along with the load of shirts PNRacing donated and some of the gift certificates ReflexRacing put up! They provided a substabtial enough amount that I was able to also give out $20 to each of the A-Main winners! Probably the coolest sponserships came from Fast Lane Racecars and 3cGrafx. Davey G hooked it up with some sweet printed designs for us to throw into frames and give out as plaques for the top finishers (1-5 in the A. and 1-3 in the B)! Layne (from Fast Lane) gave me a couple of sweet cam shafts to make into TQ trophies!! I want those again dude!! They were awesome, and I want more of 'em :D SSI and CFI sponsered in the most important ways! They provided us a place to host the race!!

A few more special thanks still have to go out! Stan, the grill man, and his wife Mary Anne, had some good food for every one. We had two great marshalls for the day, who kept it easy on every one to keep up with the blistering pace that Myssie set. She was the jewel of the day for me! Usually Im left to call almost everthing, and run mostly the whole event. Ive had some great help in the past, but this is the first time ever that I havent had to call even one race! She was great on the mic, and kept eveything moving exaclty like it needed to. We got in a ton (3 rounds of 5 minute qualifiers, for 4 classes, in which two had D-Mains!) of races, and there is no way possible even a team effort of racers could have pulled off what she did today for us!! We started just after 11, and I looked at my watch at 8:24 after I had printed all the final tallies, had thanked the sponsers, and was beginning to hand out raffle prizes!

I kind of rushed the ending ceremonies to try and help expidite the every ones trip home! I hope all of y'all are travelling safely. In the effort to get them out of there, I didnt see that the 6 other gift certificates form reflex were still sitting on the table...OOPS! They were supposed to go along with the final 6 big prizes. Ive got it written down at work who was supposed to get them, so Ill contact every one I can remember. If you won a body (painted or ASC) you were supposed to get one. In my current memory, It was Josh, Griffin, Rodney, KB, and James. The last one was supposed to go with the RTR kit, which went to Daddy Rabbit.

Thanks to every one who came out and supported the event in any way! We had a packed house, and it was a warm event on a COLD day!

sww
2010.01.31, 01:58 PM
That was alot of fun Landon. Thanks for organizing a great event and for having such a great club to be a part of ! :D

pinoyboy
2010.01.31, 04:50 PM
It was fun to finally race again, thanks to everyone who made this event a success. Hopefully I can come to the next event:D

kwsmith29
2010.01.31, 06:37 PM
Great event guys. Had a bunch of fun. Already talked to Mike today and plans for the next event are moving. Can't wait.

Rodney, the boys and I stayed the night and made it home fine today.

cosmicsoul
2010.02.01, 08:55 AM
As always another quality event and great time. I am a little miffed that I didn't win any prizes this time:mad: I think there may have been some raffle tampering going on, I will be making an inquiry for an investigation to the powers that be.;)

James made a trade for the custom the 962 El Serrano Porshe, I am working on a trade for that beauty!

Definately good times and good racing!

Landon, will you be posting the results of the B, C and D mains.

I guess it would be difficult to know how many racers will be attending an event to make up enough plaques to recognize every division (C and D mains). Not that I am not truly greatfull for all the hard work and effort that was put forth already. I think it would be beneficial to the sport to recognize all winning drivers in there perspective divisions, not to mention encouraging to the drivers.:)

I know for myself I have never won an A main, but there is certainly no shame in winning or placing in the other mains with the level of competition there is at most of these events.

For me I have traveled to many events knowing I didn't stand a chance, I just keep coming back trying harder the next time year after year. I am a glutton for punishment though.

My long drawn out point is that I think if people thought they had a chance at winning something, more people might invest the time and money to come out to these events. More people=More FUN!:D

The reality is that every one is not going to be an A main driver, but everyone who races Mini-Z's can win a race at some level with a little time and practice. And winning is FUN! :)

Thanks again MBMZR cant wait until the next time!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy Rabbit I am so jeoulous that you scored that GTR body! That thing is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy Rabbit
2010.02.01, 10:16 AM
Basically, Landon has said it all and thanked everyone, so I will keep it brief.
Thanks to all the retail sponsers, PN, Reflex & 3C Grafx, as well as the local sponsers, Monty and Layne (I love those cams).
Thanks to Serrano and Antonio for marshalling; they had to be very tired by the end of the day. I had a lot of thanks and compliments for the marshalls.
Thanks to Stan and MaryAnn for braving the wet and cold to provide us with some good eats.
Missy, you be the bomb; thanks for keeping all us guys moving and in line.
Thanks to all the racers; without you, there would be no event.
Last but not least thank you Landon, my son.

hrdrvr
2010.02.01, 02:53 PM
That was alot of fun Landon. Thanks for organizing a great event and for having such a great club to be a part of ! :D

It must have been a good one if it got you to post :D Thanks for the kind words. It is a lot of work, but its also a lot of fun. My dad and I just provide the place to be, its all of our racers combined that make our club so great!

It was fun to finally race again, thanks to everyone who made this event a success. Hopefully I can come to the next event:D

It was great to see you again Hank. I feel bad you ogt ousted to the conference room alone. I reserved some seats for some folks who didnt who up, so you can take up any beef with Mike and Pedro. They had the choice seats reserved, and didt make use of them :D I hope you had a good enough time to come out and do it again with us! By the end of the day I saw some of the old Hank :D You need to get over to Arts house and get those cars dialed in!

Great event guys. Had a bunch of fun. Already talked to Mike today and plans for the next event are moving. Can't wait.

Rodney, the boys and I stayed the night and made it home fine today.

Glad y'all made it home safe! It was a bunch of fun. You guys are always fun to race with! I feel like I snuck that F1 spot away from you. If you wouldnt have had your race ending problem, I think I would have had a hard time holding you off. You were coming strong!!

Looking forward to the next one. Try and give us as much warning as possible, so we can try and bring a large crew like y'all did!

Landon, will you be posting the results of the B, C and D mains.

My long drawn out point is that I think if people thought they had a chance at winning something, more people might invest the time and money to come out to these events. More people=More FUN!:D

Ill be posting all the results from all of the mains very shortly. Id like to get all of the pics, and info together so I can post it some sort of order. Once I get it all together, Ill do a forma post with everything in it.

Until then, Im going to link up the final rankings in the following post :D

Thanks to all the racers; without you, there would be no event.
Last but not least thank you Landon, my son.

You are spot on Daddy Rabbit! The racers are what made this event what is was!!!!

Also, I hope you know how much I appreciate what you do for all of us Myrtle Beach Mini-Z Racers :D

hrdrvr
2010.02.01, 02:57 PM
Formula 1
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/Results/MBMZRCCC1-30-10001.jpg

GT Stock
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/Results/MBMZRCCC1-30-10002.jpg

In this one there is one descepency. Rodney and I got switched some how. The CPU bumped him up from second, so I raced the A under his name. The times are right, they just have the wrong names beside them.

Modified
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/Results/MBMZRCCC1-30-10003.jpg

Super Stock
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/Results/MBMZRCCC1-30-10004.jpg

pedrocamp
2010.02.01, 04:52 PM
I caught all kinds of hell from James and Jay for not making the trip - especially since I bragged about my 13 years in Chicago, how bad could it get in NC! Well bad enough that my wife was really against me getting on the road. I would have caught even worse hell from her if I stuck it in the ditch. "Man up!" James said, but he didn't know my wife played hockey!
Anyway, I was really dissapointed I couldn't make the race as was Mike who was depending on me for a ride. I watched all the A mains on Stickam, really great racing and some close competition! Thanks for setting up the video Landon. The MBMZR group always puts on competitive and fun events and I will definately be there for the next one, especially the Enduro in April. The HSH/NC group has to take that CC cup!

kromie101
2010.02.01, 07:33 PM
me and the boys had an awesome time. even the wife said it was fun to call the race. good to see everybody again. and for sure there was some good compitition.

matt, it was a blast to get to race against ya. it was yours to win and ya gave it to me:D. i did learn a few speed secrets from you this weekend;). you help me win:p. cya soon.

chad,i had my eye on you all weekend.just watching what the fast guys do:D.

congrats landon on the win. i wanted to battle with ya but i ran out of time. you held it down.

thanks again for a good weekend. o yeah,and my ear phones helped:D.i was'nt making a fashion statement:).

Davey G
2010.02.02, 07:45 AM
Lets see some pics......

I was able to watch the last race of the day on Stickam. Really cool track with the elevation changes and all. Landon, MAJ will be calling you within the next couple of days. We have some "PLANS" to speak with you about. Hope all is well, and congrats on the great event. Talk to you soon!

hrdrvr
2010.02.03, 07:35 AM
congrats landon on the win. i wanted to battle with ya but i ran out of time. you held it down.

I wish I could have been up there with you and Matt racing for the wins in GT and mod! I had some good runs in the Q rounds of mod, and thats all that got me the TQ. Yours, and Matts cars were both WAY faster than mine! I pushed it too hard in the main, and lost my podium on the last lap :(

Lets see some pics......

I was able to watch the last race of the day on Stickam. Really cool track with the elevation changes and all. Landon, MAJ will be calling you within the next couple of days. We have some "PLANS" to speak with you about. Hope all is well, and congrats on the great event. Talk to you soon!

Pics requested :D Ill have a bunch of them in the following posts! I didnt get to get anything recorded for youtube, so Im really glad some folks got to watch on the live feed. I guess if there was only one race you got to see, Im glad you saw the one I won, lol :p Im always happy to inspire "plans" :D Ive got something Id like to throw out to Maj as well, which might make for more 'plans'.....

hrdrvr
2010.02.03, 07:43 AM
A couple of random shots from the viewing area from through out the day. It was standing room only quite a few times in that section! We had quite a few people stop by just to watch!

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04027.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04031.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04032.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04040.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04062.jpg

Some shots from the pits.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04033.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04035.jpg

hrdrvr
2010.02.03, 07:59 AM
Some pics from the mains. Once I get the results sorted by the race I will add them into these posts. The names are in order of how they sat on the grid at the start. Let me know if you see any mistakes from my part.

GT stock D
Conor
Tannie
Chance
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04025.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04024.jpg

Super Stock D
Griffin
Tannie
Chance
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04030.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04029.jpg

GT Stock C
Jay
James
Josh
Chris
Monty
Conor
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04037.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04036.jpg

Super Stock C
Andy
Monty
Lane
Conor
Jay
Griffin
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04042.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04041.jpg

hrdrvr
2010.02.03, 08:07 AM
GT Stock B
Rodney
Steven
Wade
Landon
Andy
James
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04046.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04045.jpg

Mod B
Hank
Chad
Jay
Steven
James
Wade
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04048.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04047.jpg

Super Stock B
Collin
Wade
Hank
Steven
James
Andy
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04050.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04049.jpg

hrdrvr
2010.02.03, 08:26 AM
Formula 1 A
Rodney
Landon
Wade
Chad
James
Jay
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04059.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04055.jpg

GT Stock A
Eric
Chad
Matt
KB
Hank
Landon
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04064.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04063.jpg

Mod A
Landon
Matt
Eric
KB
Rodney
Hank
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04068.jpg

Super Stock A
Landon
Eric
Chad
Rodney
KB
Hank
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04072.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04071.jpg

kromie101
2010.02.03, 06:28 PM
the ear muffs are to much:o. all i can say is they help me tune out everything. as soon as i here my name i fall apart. they might be my new tool in the pit box:D.

B-main
2010.02.03, 07:39 PM
the ear muffs are to much:o. all i can say is they help me tune out everything. as soon as i here my name i fall apart. they might be my new tool in the pit box:D.

im the same way every time they call out thew pace i hit the wall(why didn't someone tell me my hair was messed up)

pick
2010.02.04, 10:59 AM

I, myself, found the ear muffs to not only be intimidating but also quite distracting :confused:. MWG Racing is currently checking into having such items banned from competition in the future ;). We're also hoping to implement Disco music and strobe lights during all races :p. We believe that this would give us a much more level playing field, kind of makes us feel more like we're at home :cool:.

On a serious note, I had a great time. The event was very well run and thought out. The track was awesome (even though I'm not a big fan of multi-levels since I suck on them :p) and the pit space was perfect. There were some amazingly fast cars and super competitive drivers. Anyone that hasn't been to an MBMZR event should really consider the next one......I promise you won't be disappointed. Crap, we weathered a BLIZZARD to get there this time, that should tell you something about the quality of these events. Big thanks to Landon, all the sponsors, and everyone that helped make it happen. We can't wait to do it again. And, by the way, we want that freakin' cup :eek:!!

Daddy Rabbit
2010.02.04, 06:59 PM
James, it was great to have MWG Racing in the house.
I do not normally get to Race in the same Main or Qualifier as the HSH guys and it was great, hope i did not get in anyones way, but I had fun. Will be nice to see you guys at the next cup race in th Queen City.
Thanks to all you guys for coming.

hrdrvr
2010.02.05, 08:08 AM
the ear muffs are to much:o.

The ear muffs are even cooler in pics on the internet than they were in person :D

(why didn't someone tell me my hair was messed up)

Nobody told me mine was messed up either ;)

I, myself, found the ear muffs to not only be intimidating but also quite distracting :confused:.

And, by the way, we want that freakin' cup :eek:!!

We are all wearing ear muffs next time!!!

I cant wait to do this again at y'alls place! Things even out a little (pun intended :D) on the flat track.

If you get down here a few more times you'll enjoy the elevations a little more. You mainly just have to run a little higher ride height, and be on your toes when you are transitioning from one level to the next :D If you get caught sleeping, the track will bite ya! :D

James, it was great to have MWG Racing in the house.

Will be nice to see you guys at the next cup race in th Queen City.

Thanks to all you guys for coming.

3 statements I agree on! :D

hrdrvr
2010.02.14, 04:36 PM
Ive been busy at work and havent had time to get the results up for each individual main. I figured Id go ahead and post the pictures of the B and A trophy winners though.

GT Stock B
Rodney, Wade, and James
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04074.jpg

Mod B
Jay, Steven, Chad
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04075.jpg

Super Stock B
Steven, Wade, Collin
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04076.jpg

Formula 1 A
Landon, Jay, Wade, Chad, Rodney
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04077.jpg

GT Stock
Landon, Matt, Eric, KB, Chad
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04078.jpg

Mod A
Landon, Matt, KB, Rodney, Eric
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04079.jpg

Super Stock A
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04080.jpg

Top Qualifiers
Landon (mod/super stock), Eric (GT Stock), Rodney (Formula 1), and Griffin helping his dad hold up that heavy trophy.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/20100130%20CCC%20R1/DSC04081.jpg

The names are who appear in the picture form left to right. It doesnt reflect the finishing order.

For every one interested in the Carolina Cup Challenge results, check the thread in the MB section shortly. Im getting ready to post all of the official results there.

One surprise to note, and mistake to correct though. I named Eric as scoring the fifth most points in the Cup Challenge, and it should have been James! All the points I posted are correct, but James snuck in between Eric and Wade with 146! That pushed Eric down, but didnt change the final team results. :D

kromie101
2010.02.14, 06:30 PM
i look like the jolly green giant in the pics.OMG kb looks like a little brother:D.

cosmicsoul
2010.02.14, 08:06 PM
Can't wait untill the next time!