PDA

View Full Version : dnano in hfay

oopster
2009.11.27, 12:15 PM
Are there any plans to include the Dnano in the hfay series? I race bigger cars too, and know from experience that lipos are so much easier in use and maintenance.

briankstan
2009.11.27, 02:15 PM
Are there any plans to include the Dnano in the hfay series? I race bigger cars too, and know from experience that lipos are so much easier in use and maintenance.

I hadn't planned on adding anything with The Dnano.

oopster
2009.11.27, 02:27 PM
No Probs, all I was thinking was now that the MR03 is out, a lot of people will be running that, but at the moment under the current rules, they can't, so I was thinking that with what would be an expected rule change to allow the 03's, allowing the nano might be an idea too, which would allow the use of lipos in racer and f1.

mk2kompressor
2009.11.27, 02:53 PM
not everyone likes lipo's,i dont mind hard case ones.
also not everyone has the option to buy a new charger to run them

hilldebrandt
2009.11.27, 03:12 PM
I didn't know that the MR-03 wasn't allowed. I just double checked the rules, and sure enough, they are not listed...

Any plans on allowing the '03 to race the next season ??

Dnano's would be neat to race, but that would have to be in a seperate class IMO.

oopster
2009.11.27, 03:42 PM
The rules we're wrote before the MR03 was released, so strictly speaking, you can't run in it in the hfay till the rules are changed.

I know what you're saying about hard-cased lipos Matt, but we don't really push them in Mini-z as much as we do in bigger scale racing, and I'm sure Kyosho don't want a load of their batteries blowing up on people, as they're main market will be primarily aimed at kids, even if most of the people who race rc cars are big kids.