PDA

View Full Version : Maximum 4562 fets on 2.4ghz board?

Breakneck
2009.11.27, 02:04 PM
What's the maximum number of 4562 fets that can be installed on a awd 2.4ghz board?

I was told the max will be 2x2 (4 fets) is that correct?

Thanks. :)

hrdrvr
2009.11.28, 08:26 AM
The max will be whatever you are capable of stacking up. IMO, you dont get much more out of the motor once you pass 3x2, but there are plenty of 4x2 stacks out there, and a few more even taller stacks from some ridiculous speed freaks :D

color01
2009.11.28, 06:30 PM
I believe you start losing throttle smoothness around a 3x2 stack, according to ph2t's (remember that old guy?) experiences. But theoretically you can go as high as you want.

Felix2010
2009.12.31, 08:48 PM
I believe you start losing throttle smoothness around a 3x2 stack, according to ph2t's (remember that old guy?) experiences. But theoretically you can go as high as you want.

I remember that old guy, ph2t.....:D:D:D

I wish he still was around, I know he is real busy with life and work these days, but his advancement of FET performance was second to none. I still own a few WoahNelly turbos, the only thing is, the MR03 chassis is so bloody narrow, there isn't anywhere to put the Nelly's external PCB...

I realize this has been said already, but just to add from my experience: As for Fet stacks, for both AM and 2.4/ASF boards, I have run plenty of 2x3 stacks with no adverse effects. There have been many 2x4 stacks as well, I would think this is more effective with less-powerful Fets like the 3010's. For the new breed of high-power Fets like the 8858 Fairchild and the Rohm SP8M4, a 2x3 should be ultra-efficient and also more than capable for any motor.