PDA

View Full Version : Best vacuum or device for cleaning large RCP tracks?

Felix2010
2009.11.28, 05:00 PM
Hi guys,

I have been using my regular upright vacuum to clean my RCP track, either using it in the actual upright-position with the rotating brush set for high-pile (high off the RCP tiles so it doesn't wear-down the track any more than it needs to i order to pick up the dust/etc off the track), or by using a brush attachment. The brush attachment method is very tedious and timing consuming though.

I am wondering if anyone at RCP Tracks, or anyone else, has a good idea as to what is the best method for cleaning RCP tracks, just the normal day-to-day dust and rubber tire debris? My track is indoors, and has very light Mini-Z traffic. Is there a simple and easy way to quickly "dust-off" the track? Or maybe a particular vacuum or similar device that makes cleaning RCP easier?

Thanks for the help in advance!:D

MINIz guy11
2009.11.28, 07:28 PM
I've been using the same method too. If there are just little spots that are dirty, I attach the hose and just vacuum that small part.

RCPMini-z
2009.11.28, 09:46 PM
Shop Vac with a 4 ~ 6 inch attachment for flat floor surfaces works best. Also a hard bristle broom will work to sweep loose debris. Just open up one or two rails and push everything out the openings.

I use a shop vac mostly.

yasuji
2009.11.28, 10:12 PM
i use a ridgid 5 hp shop vac from home depot:D

dvsstrike
2009.11.28, 11:36 PM
larry i use a shop vac with a floor attachment that does not have rotating bristle rigid makes it. or... you can get a roomba and set it on a low setting so it is always clean when you want to run on it.. :D

rocketman
2009.12.03, 02:11 PM
I use a battery powered shark, it does a good job and is something we had around the house, I keep it on floor setting so it doesn't wear out the track and if I have some tough spots on the floor I take a loop of painters tape and turn it so the sticky side is sticking out and stick it to the tough spots and it pulls the dirt ground into the track that the shark didn't pick up.

Felix2010
2009.12.03, 02:57 PM
larry i use a shop vac with a floor attachment that does not have rotating bristle rigid makes it. or... you can get a roomba and set it on a low setting so it is always clean when you want to run on it.. :D

Dude, what a good idea! Will the Roomba really work? I might go get one today:D I think I'll try the Roomba, or get a Rigid 5HP like Yasuji/RCPMini-Z said.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate it a lot!

Tjay
2009.12.03, 03:17 PM
I think you should get what Grant (yasuji) mentioned. He laughed when he saw what we where using at the shop. lol... 0.3hp vac. hehe

Felix2010
2009.12.03, 10:10 PM
TJ, I am guilty using an ultra-crappy vacuum on occasion myself.:) I am looking at ridgid shopvacs right now:D

dvsstrike
2009.12.05, 01:59 PM
a roomba will worki did try once neighbor had one and used it its not it will stay clean and will not veere of anywhere due to the bumpers

arch2b
2009.12.05, 03:57 PM
that toolbox shopvac is certainly interesting but the mobility of the 4gallon shopvac would be easier to move around the track.