PDA

View Full Version : Light shaft for the stock gear diff?

Cherub1m
2009.12.01, 09:26 PM
Does anyone make a lighter shaft for the stock MR015/MR02/MR03 gear diff?

VAzRACER
2009.12.01, 09:43 PM
Yes, Qteq makes one that is titanium.

http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=QT%2D081201

Cherub1m
2009.12.01, 10:11 PM
I was about to ask if they make them for the LM gear diff and I saw reflex is selling them on their site :D.

Do you know how much the qtec gear diff weigh assembled? I know the stock MRO2 (not LM) gear diff is around 5.9grams

And last, do you know if anyone makes delrin spider gears for the stock AWD gear diff

Thanks VAzRACER

EMU
2009.12.01, 10:25 PM
Philip, I have a Qteq ti gear diff shaft somewhere in my parts storage... I havent assembled it yet, but if I find it tonight I will post the weight difference between the shafts and build a Qteq gear diff ;)

Dont know if anyone makes delrin gears for the stock AWD diff though.

Cherub1m
2009.12.02, 08:54 AM
Philip, I have a Qteq ti gear diff shaft somewhere in my parts storage... I havent assembled it yet, but if I find it tonight I will post the weight difference between the shafts and build a Qteq gear diff ;)

Hey Eugene

I really like the feel of the stock gear diff, instant power and very nice to roll around corners. If your running a mild modified motor I really dont think a ball diff is needed specially if your running a 70t stock motor. However, I have seen some amazing ball diffs that spin almost like a gear diff and don't slip much on acceleration.

I heard someone maybe making a delrin 64 pitch gear diff. That would be interesting.

Well, I look forward to what the stock gear diff plus Ti QtecQ shaft weight.

boroEF
2009.12.03, 05:29 PM

perhaps OT, but 3racing manufactures delrin spider gears for the ma010 diff

Cherub1m
2009.12.03, 06:19 PM
perhaps OT, but 3racing manufactures delrin spider gears for the ma010 diff

Wow are you sure? do you have a link to that product? That would be great if they really do. I know they make blue delrin spur, pinion gears for the awd but never seen spider gears for their gear diff.

MINI-D
2009.12.03, 08:48 PM
Hi Philip,
this is a link to: 3raning, Kyosho parts page. I cant find delrin spider gears ? :(
http://www.3racing.hk/optional_parts.php?manufacturers_key=2&manufacturers_name=Kyosho

D

Cherub1m
2009.12.03, 09:17 PM
Hi Philip,
this is a link to: 3raning, Kyosho parts page. I cant find delrin spider gears ? :(
http://www.3racing.hk/optional_parts.php?manufacturers_key=2&manufacturers_name=Kyosho

D

Yep, that's the page I checked also. Nothing there :(.

Skv012a
2009.12.04, 12:58 AM
I know they make blue delrin spur, pinion gears for the awd

And these are GOD awful and remain my worst purchase for my Zs. The rest of 3R stuff is superb, but they really screwed up with these gears.

Cherub1m
2009.12.04, 12:23 PM
And these are GOD awful and remain my worst purchase for my Zs. The rest of 3R stuff is superb, but they really screwed up with these gears.

:D I like most of 3Racing's stuff but I have to agree their AWD spur gears are bad. Also, when using their AWD ball diff you have to be careful because the AWD stock gear/ball diff have 28 teeth 3racing fits their AWD Ball diff with 27 teeth (they have the others in the package). Not a very good thing to mix those in AWD tranny :D. Once you fit the ball diff with the correct gear it works great.

Cherub1m
2009.12.23, 10:23 AM

Hey Eugene

Any luck on finding your QteQ Ti shaft and assembling them for a quick weight?