PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Atomic MR03 parts

Pages : [1] 2

Atomic-USA
2009.12.02, 09:52 AM
This is from our design team:

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/mr03.jpg

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/mr03-a.jpg

Development and testing are in the works!

ub0211042
2009.12.02, 09:56 AM
atomic Gyro?....and sharks fins...:D

Cherub1m
2009.12.02, 10:14 AM
Looks nice. Will the final version front end have adjustable caster?

JuniorWKR
2009.12.02, 10:29 AM
i think so by the looks of the design... they are showing there own top plate, caster bar and upper arms, i hope they make toe bars also... great design guys, cant wait to see the real thing,

pedrocamp
2009.12.02, 10:42 AM
I spy a QTEQ style diff...

pinoyboy
2009.12.02, 11:28 AM
Some stuff can be better seen here
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/

Atomic-USA
2009.12.02, 11:38 AM
Actual pictures shown:

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/images/stories/news/MotorMount2009.jpg

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/images/stories/news/LightWeight.jpg

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/images/stories/news/TPlateBlue.jpg

Tjay
2009.12.02, 12:25 PM
Finally Atomic has new parts for mini-z! :)

Congrats Sai! We need a better Atomic USA rep! I'm glad it was you. :D

Atomic-USA
2009.12.02, 12:56 PM
Yes, Atomic realizes the damage of mishandling product sales/customer service in the USA for the past 2 years or so. I'm working with Atomic to repair that. All suggestions are welcome.

CristianTabush
2009.12.02, 01:11 PM
For one, and this is my biggest pet peeve with Atomic USA is that they never answer e-mails promptly. E-mails fall through the cracks sometimes, and it happens to me more often that I would like, but not answering any of the e-mails you send in is REALLY disturbing...

The other thing is you guys need to restock quicker. Most of the time, HKS looses about 1/2 of my purchases because the parts I look for are not in stock...

So glad you are on top of it Sai, I know you will see more of Reflex's dollars coming the way of Atomic if you guys are more dynamic and communicate better with your customers.

Now back to the topic... Above was way off. Congrats on the new products. Hopefully we will be able to swing projects that big at Reflex soon...

Atomic-USA
2009.12.02, 02:29 PM
From now on "Atomic-USA" will be handling all Atomic related inquiries. Please note that HKSHobby is not the sole US distributor and does not represent Atomic. HKSHobby is considered as one of Atomic's dealers in the USA.

While Atomic is looking for ways to restructure its US distributor channels, you may contact Atomic HK (menson@egrracing.com) directly to purchase or setup dealer account.

Besides products, Atomic is currently working on better organizing the 2010 US Mini-z championship. Write to me if you have any suggestions.

pfcparts
2009.12.02, 03:15 PM
pb, getting the itch again? :p

Nice to see ATM back in the fold.

Emailed egr and atm a few times. Always got
a response within a week. Assuming it was the
language barrier and the cs department having
to contact the development/manufacturing guys...

Never bothered with HKS.

-----

Always felt the atm diffs were a great deal and if the
new one has a lightened Ti shaft that'd be consistent
with what they have done before on the 02. Offer great
diffs at a great price. Holding nut looks the same... holding
plates look slightly different. Nice to see the diff truly is a new
design and not a recolor/rehash as some of the recent offerings
elsewhere...

Pod looks like a modified LM pod...

Hated the first shock ATM offered. Looks like they
corrected it with making it longer and using the 2
spring set up.

If that is a gyro it's huge...

Bottom front plate is also the color of the atm top in the
design pics. Will you be offering a replacement bottom
as well?

ETA?

parts

color01
2009.12.02, 04:34 PM
The front end of that car looks good, guys -- we definitely need a stiffer aluminum mount for the suspension arms, whether or not the aluminum arms come with it (the flex of the plastic arms can generate more traction if tuned right).

Ball diff also looks nice, I wonder if that's a thinned-down Ti-shaft I'm seeing?

Atomic-USA
2009.12.02, 05:35 PM
I am waiting for technical details about the shaft.

The motor mount is for 96mm and the T-plates are designed with RCP use in mind.

CristianTabush
2009.12.02, 08:02 PM
hehehe!!! They discovered 96mm huh?

Honestly it's a bit of an honor...

ucdinh
2009.12.02, 08:12 PM
Awesome, I can't wait to try out all the new MR03 parts coming out. I have yet to try mine out on the track yet. :)

ruf
2009.12.02, 09:52 PM
I thought it looked too long to be 94mm and too short to be 98mm... ;)

Atomic-USA
2009.12.02, 10:49 PM
Our top driver here in New York is running 96mm MR03 with homemade T-plate. The car is almost unbeatable.

herman
2009.12.03, 02:20 AM
what bodies do you use for the 96? i kinda figure that you dremmel out the wheel wells a bit, which bodies work best?

Tjay
2009.12.03, 03:32 AM
Most of the 94mm race bodies fits perfect with not modification.

ruf
2009.12.03, 03:35 AM
herman - where have you been? :) Almost all our WC-winning cars are 96mm wheelbase. The 430, Aston, and 350Z GT bodies are my personal faves, but different strokes for different folks. Cristian can chime in on what our other drivers like as well.

Traveler
2009.12.15, 02:47 PM
I am waiting for technical details about the shaft.

The motor mount is for 96mm and the T-plates are designed with RCP use in mind.

If I read this post correctly, its not the blue Fiber Glass T-Plates that result in a 96mm wheelbase but its the motor mount that does. Meaning these T-Plates would result in a 94mm or 98mm wheelbase if used with existing motor mounts from PN or ATM. Can you please confirm? Thanks!

CristianTabush
2009.12.15, 03:00 PM
Yes from my understanding the mount is 96mm, the Plates are standard length. You will be able to use our 96mm plates to get 98mm and 102 wheelbases. 94 would not be an achievable configuration if this is the case.

Traveler
2009.12.15, 03:05 PM
Interesting! Thanks!

MikeL
2009.12.15, 03:22 PM
I think these parts need to be tested at a certain NYC track :)

Atomic-USA
2009.12.15, 06:51 PM
Yes, the products are on their way for testing. The mount should be 96mm configuration; not the T-plates. I'll confirm when I receive shipment.

It will be tested here: TRACK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKNIy-Nsr2Y)

briankstan
2009.12.15, 08:18 PM
Yes, the products are on their way for testing. The mount should be 96mm configuration; not the T-plates. I'll confirm when I receive shipment.

It will be tested here: TRACK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKNIy-Nsr2Y)

nice track, that's a lot of cars out there. :D

EMU
2009.12.15, 08:22 PM
Im really looking forward to these parts. Can I help with testing as well?

Felix2010
2009.12.16, 12:20 AM
I wonder if the blue-fiberglass T-plates work as good as they look......:D I for one am glad to see Atomic putting some fresh stuff on the market.

A 96mm-WB motor pod, instead of 96mm T-plates? That is interesting, I wonder how good the new 96 motor pod is, if it can compare to PN's ultra-fantastic 94-98mm V2 LCG motor pod? The ATM prototype in the pics looks mostly the same as Atomic's 94mm-WB Ver.5 Light-Weight pod design. Not that the ATM V.5 isn't good, but I never bought one since the PN V2 LCG 94mm-WB pod is such an amazing performer. That's the only thing - PN has arguably the best 94-98mm motor pod design, I hope Atomic takes their time and puts out a truly excellent 96mm pod. If it can compare to the PN in terms of performance, a 96mm pod would be a sure-seller IMO.

pinoyboy
2009.12.16, 12:36 AM
I dunno about that motor mount. If it really was designed to be 96mm, they could have at least used that extra space to get the motor lower. Watch someone design it right later. Everything else looks pretty nice

Atomic-USA
2009.12.16, 02:27 AM
I dunno about that motor mount. If it really was designed to be 96mm, they could have at least used that extra space to get the motor lower. Watch someone design it right later. Everything else looks pretty nice

Thanks for your suggestion. However, this motor mount does not claim to have the lowest CG. Development will always continues.

Having said that, please do not assume our motor mount is "Probably No Good" or "PNG".

JeremyC
2009.12.16, 07:54 AM
It would be nice to see photos without the DDS on there; I'd like to see how that arm is affixed.

I can't tell conclusively from these photos, but I think the motor can is as low as it can be with the screw holes in a vertical arrangement. This is important because gear mesh is adjusted by pivoting the motor itself on the mount. I prefer this to the sliding sub-mount that the PN LCG mounts use.

But I think your comment is more specifically comparing this ATM mount to the LCG v4 PN 98/102MM mount. Yes, the LCG V4 mount looks really cool with the flat side of the can as low as possible. However, how much does this mount really lower the roll center of the rear pod? I don't have one here to measure but I'd guess that the armature is lowered by about 1.5mm from a conventional LCG mount. That is well and good, but the aluminum portion of the mount is also raised; rather than extending flat along the bottom of the car the legs are raised and then come down to hold the rear axle. IMHO by raising the aluminum by 15mm here you are negating the benefit of lowering the motor itself. Ultimately how much was the roll center lowered?

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2144/200810091247581tt3.jpg

ianc
2009.12.16, 10:26 AM
This is important because gear mesh is adjusted by pivoting the motor itself on the mount. I prefer this to the sliding sub-mount that the PN LCG mounts use.

Excellent point. The sliding sub mount does not work well at all because the magnets in the motor are attracted too strongly to the metal axle shaft, almost negating one's ability to get a fine adjustment. I have always disliked this about PN's mounts and much prefer ATM's pivoting scheme.

ianc

yasuji
2009.12.16, 10:58 AM
Excellent point. The sliding sub mount does not work well at all because the magnets in the motor are attracted too strongly to the metal axle shaft, almost negating one's ability to get a fine adjustment. I have always disliked this about PN's mounts and much prefer ATM's pivoting scheme.

ianc

if u r using a steel axle this will happen regardless of which adjustment type you use....:rolleyes: either way you still need to loosen 2 screws to adjust the gear mesh

ianc
2009.12.16, 11:27 AM
if u r using a steel axle this will happen regardless of which adjustment type you use....

I don't think you understand what we mean, but I don't know how to explain it any better. Maybe someone else can...

ianc

Tjay
2009.12.16, 12:38 PM

ianc

Ok before I jump into this, I just want everyone to know that I personally use both products and that is why I choose to not be a sponsored driver and I am not here pick sides. That being said...

Hi ianc,

I'm not quite sure why you would want the older type style motor pod P or Atomic. These type of pod is not even close to comparable to what is the best pod available in the market. To have a better idea check out all open manuf hosted events and see which pod they're running. This should tell you why they use these type of pods.

You should also try non-magnetic shaft if you feel that the steel is restricting you from running the Lowest CG pod. Atomic has a ti shaft ball diff for $30. That's what I use on one of my practice cars.

About Atomic Pod:
I personally can't wait for this Atomic 96mm pod. Take a closer look at the pods design... ;) then moving it to 96mm config. :) Enough said.

ianc
2009.12.16, 01:01 PM
I'm not quite sure why you would want the older type style motor pod P or Atomic. These type of pod is not even close to comparable to what is the best pod available in the market.

Jeremy and I were not talking about the pod as a whole, but the method of setting the gear mesh. PN uses a sliding submount which is not stable since fore\aft as well as side to side motion is possible. It is necessary to loosen both screws and slide the motor back and forth to set the mesh. Since the motor is strongly attracted to the ferrous axle, setting the mesh with any degree of precision is extremely difficult.

Atomic's mounts have one through hole and one slotted hole. The through hole holds the motor steady while the slotted hole allows the motor to rotate to set the mesh. This solution is much more stable and allows a much higher degree of precision in setting the mesh.

Understood?

ianc

Tjay
2009.12.16, 01:07 PM
and that is why I posted this:

[QUOTE]You should also try non-magnetic shaft if you feel that the steel is restricting you from running the Lowest CG pod. Atomic has a ti shaft ball diff for $30.[QUOTE]

hrdrvr
2009.12.16, 01:08 PM
I think the debate about the PN LCG vs the ATM pods can rage on forever. There are pros and cons to both.

Personally, I dont think that having the aboslute lowest CG possible really results in the absolute fastest lap times possible. I run the ATM V5, as well as the PN LCG mounts in various cars, and I like them both. A couple of guys at our track prefer the rolling adjustment as opposed to the sliding adjustment, but I cant say I prefer one or the other. What I dont like about the sliding design is, its pretty easy for the motor holder to be in there a little less than perfect. If one of the screws is tightened more than the other, the plate will not be perfectly squared within the pod, meaning you cannot get the gears to line up perfectly (let alone get them the right distance apart). I have stripped a few of the PN pods trying to get those screws (the ones that hold the motor mount to the pod) as tight as possible.

Ive been running the ATM mount for like two years, Ive been through many mesh adjustments as well as motor replacements. Ive never had to replace it due to stripped screws.

ianc
2009.12.16, 01:19 PM
You should also try non-magnetic shaft if you feel that the steel is restricting you from running the Lowest CG pod. Atomic has a ti shaft ball diff for $30

My commentary was directed at the relative ease of setting gear mesh between the ATM and PN designs. If you need to buy a $30 diff shaft to set mesh accurately, I would say that is a pretty serious disadvantage to PN's design. When Philip includes one with his motor mounts, we'll talk again...

ianc

yasuji
2009.12.16, 01:41 PM
My commentary was directed at the relative ease of setting gear mesh between the ATM and PN designs. If you need to buy a $30 diff shaft to set mesh accurately, I would say that is a pretty serious disadvantage to PN's design. When Philip includes one with his motor mounts, we'll talk again...

ianc

lol...:rolleyes:who is this guy.....hes cracking me up....lmao..

ianc
2009.12.16, 02:28 PM
lol...who is this guy.....hes cracking me up....lmao..

Hi Grant,

Not sure if you just don't quite understand what I'm saying yet, or if you are just bent because I've made uncomplimentary remarks about PN parts...

Whatever...

ianc

yasuji
2009.12.16, 02:51 PM
Hi Grant,

Not sure if you just don't quite understand what I'm saying yet, or if you are just bent because I've made uncomplimentary remarks about PN parts...

Whatever...

ianc
i apologize for my laughter.....lmao
no..no... not bent....i understand what u r saying....i have no issues with either way of adjustment as i have used both atm and pn mounts in the past...
way back when i ran a kyosho ball diff...(on my first car when i was jus getting in to mini-z long before pn had the sliding mount) i had this same problem in adjusting on a atm 94 mm mount every time i loosened the adjustment scerws the gear mash would tighten up:confused: then i figured out that my fingers were strong enough to control the magnetism of the atomic chili motor:rolleyes:
it has been a long time since i have used a k diff....and all the pn diffs come with a STAINLESS STEEL SHAFT!.... so i have not experienced this problem.....i do however feel that it is much easier to adjust the gear mesh on the 98-102 mm than the 94-98mm
***sai i am sorry for steping on this tread ....feel free to delete my posts as this has gone way off topic!***

pfcparts
2009.12.16, 04:31 PM
Looks like we're all a little edgy into the holidays... must
be the cc bills and other toys that aren't for us lol.

That or we've all become f/s forum mods...

ATM pods come with spacers and spring spacers so they
are pretty hard to strip lol... :rolleyes: Loctite works fine
with the PNs, though you can't help but strip a screw if the
design was faulty in the first place lol 94. :mad:

As for mesh I found the PN sliding easier but it may be to the
different motors/shafts used. On the ATM you'd have to find
the right mesh secure it and go back to the held end and screw
that one in. Even with spacers and whatnot you could slide the
pivoting end out abit or it could really press into the diff when
you tighten the held screw. Sliding mech isn't without fault as
well, as experienced here, but it does have benefits. It boils
down to preference... or if your forced to use the pods lol. ;)

Again, looks like a modified version of the LM pod (which
had a glaring issue with the post/holder). Doesn't look like
this one will have problems as it will use the standard post
they sell... Regardless, it's nice to see ATM come back into
the fold with some new stuff, hopefully soon and at a great
pricepoint.

parts

EMU
2009.12.16, 04:34 PM

ianc
TJ was recommending an entire diff for $30, not just a shaft.

This topic is getting a little off target.

I personally have had better results with the ATM v5 than the PN LCG 94mm mount. The 94mm mount does have lower CG, which I feel works much better at very high grip tracks. On low grip tracks I want a little more CG, since I feel like I get better rotation through the corners.

Being an ATM driver, I do test other manufacturers parts (at my expense), I do like the method that PN has been using the mount the motors. Although, I dont dislike the traditional method. The traditional method has less chance of losing the gear mesh, since it has half the chance of failure (1/2 the amount of screws that hold the motor. I have had many PN mounts lose their gear mesh mid race, you just need to use threadlock when you screw the adapter to the mount. If you dont, you will lose screws and your mesh will go bad.

I think that the ATM 96mm mount will be a good mount, very similar to the ATM v5 but with slightly lower motor placement. This will also allow better articulation, as the mount should have a little more clearance to the chassis (have to see it in person first). I do hope that they use a 98mm damper setting, since it will give more clearance between the mount and the chassis over the 94mm setting (where you have to keep the damper post raised as high as you can, and shim up the damper plate to keep the discs from hitting the PCB cover of the chassis). The biggest plus about the 96mm mount is that you can now use many more t-plates for 96mm. I personally only use Kyosho t-plates, all other t-plates dont give me the feel that I look for. I like more lateral stiffness with less fore/aft stiffness. The PN t-plates that Reflex based the 96mm t-plate on was too stiff fore/aft and not nearly stiff enough laterally for me. Everyone has their different taste in setup. Lets not argue that one is definitely better than the other, or try to put down a product that isnt even out or tested by the team drivers yet.

blt456
2009.12.16, 05:57 PM
I don't know what the deal is w/ the motor pods.. all I know is ATM and PN are both good. I didn't like the ATM due to it being too high.. now I run 90% PN parts on my cars inc. the pod. It is easy to work with.. if you are having trouble with the screws.. isn't it given to use threadlock..? The differential shaft should not make gear mesh harder to set.. I run the 2nd lightest PN shaft and my mesh is always perfect for bushing motors..I'd like to see how the ATM pod compares since it looks to have the motor bolt in design as the old PN.

benmlee
2009.12.16, 07:58 PM
Setting the motor has not been that big of a problem on either the Atomic or the PN mount. The easiest one to set is actually the PN F1 mount. That motor plate on that one is big enough you can grab the motor easily.
But given that motor is easy to set, is better to optimize for performance.

With the motor plate, if you use the stainless steel hex screws for the motor plate, they will never loosen even without locktite.

Atomic-USA
2009.12.16, 08:08 PM
Up to now I haven't received the motor mount for evaluation and testing; it's probably due to the holiday shipping delay. Just keep in mind that having the absolute lowest CG; the punchiest battery; fastest motor; highest gearing; having the most FETs do not guarantee a win or drivable car. It's common to see cars with that ultra slow "Black" motor winning races.

A high CG car (given no traction roll) yields great steering response and transition speed (Think HM vs. F1)

Felix2010
2009.12.16, 08:51 PM
I remember for a while the Atomic 94 MM Ver.3 motor pod was touted as the best. A lot of good points have been mentioned regarding the different motor pod designs from PN and Atomic, and it all boils down to driver preference/driving-style/etc I would have to say in the end.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing more Mini-Z products and hop-ups, no matter who the company of manufacture:D:D:D

It is worth saying again I think - Good to see Atomic back in the mix with new Mini-Z stuff:D:

dvsstrike
2009.12.20, 06:18 PM
when are these parts to be released?

Felix2010
2009.12.24, 02:45 AM
Is there any ballpark release date for the new ATM 96mm motor pod? I know that you said you are waiting to try the new 96mm WB motor mount, and it hasn't been very long since the first news of thee parts were released. I am just wondering if there is any date planned on for the mount in particular.

Thank you for all the help & info Sai:D I will stay tuned to this thread.

Atomic-USA
2009.12.24, 07:32 AM
I still haven't received my package. Holiday shipping is not helping.

chad508
2010.01.06, 09:03 AM
i see toyland on ebay have the mr03 plates for sell. when will we be able to get the state side?

Atomic-USA
2010.01.14, 11:26 AM
T-plates are available now. Check part numbers on www.rcatomic.com

I have the 96mm on hand with me. I'll be testing it at www.majsrc.com today. T-plate and T-plate holders are shown on the photos too.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/96mm_rear.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/96mm_Top.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/96mm_Right.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/96mm_Left.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/96mm_Bottom.JPG

Tjay
2010.01.14, 11:44 AM
Hi Sai,

Is this the lowest the motor will go? From the picture is looks like the pinion (motor shaft)is sitting higher that the diff shaft.

Have you guys test the motor laying flat with a 96mm pod? I know it wont work on a 94 but in 98mm, there's a lot of room. So, I'm guessing 96 will be a tight fit but should work (maybe)... I don't know if you want the motor sitting up like that. Was this pod tested on RCP or Carpet? Carpet you want things higher to get corner speed; well, somewhat higher but RCP, traction is given so you want LCG.

Anyhow, let me know when that pod is available. I really want to test that thing. Thanks for posting up the pics!

Atomic-USA
2010.01.14, 12:50 PM
The diff shaft is sitting lower due to the bearing support plastic bushings. Check the photos carefully.

They tested the 96mm motor mount on Carpet first. Apparently what you said is true. On carpet they prefer the motor to sit slightly higher. I'll see how this works on RCP.

Tjay
2010.01.14, 12:51 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the update!

CristianTabush
2010.01.14, 03:05 PM
Lowest CG is not always the best thing. For example, I prefer the PN 94-98mm mount, even in 98mm configuration, over the 98-102. Having a slightly higher pod generates more body roll, which generates more middle of the corner grip on less than optimum grip conditions. Either way, the pod looks great!

Atomic-USA
2010.01.15, 12:26 AM
Exactly what Christian said. Atomic R&D told me their carpet racers do not always want lowest CG. Since USA is mostly RCP, I'm testing the pod on both a high grip and lower grip RCP track here in NY/NJ. Has anyone tried running a HM pod lately? The turning is incredible since it has very high CG.

Initial impression of the 96mm pod is excellent. However, my MR03 is not lowered in the front I could not fully test the car's potential. Running 96mm with the Enzo on MR03 today felt great. I had some traction roll issues but that was mostly due to the front tires. I was traction rolling today with Atomic LM mount with same tires. Maj's track has so much grip. I'll be heading to the lower grip RCP Saturday for more evaluation. I'll install this on MR02 as well.

Felix2010
2010.01.15, 10:54 AM
Thanks Sai for the pics and updates. I really dig the ATM 96mm Pod's simplicity. Is this still in full test mode? Or is an availability date scheduled ? Just wondering, I am sorry for asking this again.
Good stuff though! Those blue-fiber t-plates are deff unique.

Atomic-USA
2010.01.24, 09:17 PM
Photos will be available soon.

MR3-011-W0 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (α Type W 0*)

MR3-011-W1 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (α Type W-1*)

MR3-011-W5 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (α Type W -0.5*)

MR3-012-N0 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod ( Type N 0*)

MR3-012-N1 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod ( Type N -1*)

MR3-012-N5 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod ( Type N -0.5*)

MR3-013-N0 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (α Type N 0*)

MR3-013-N1 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (α Type N -1*)

MR3-013-N5 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (α Type N -0.5*)

MR3-014-W0 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (Type W 0*)

MR3-014-W1 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (Type W -1*)

MR3-014-W5 >> MR-03 Alumimun Racing Tie Rod (Type W 0.5*)

Atomic-USA
2010.01.24, 09:55 PM
These Blue t-plates are specifically designed for RCP track. Highly recommended.

MR3-005-B Atomic
MR-03 MM Fiber Glass T Plate (4.5mm)

MR3-006-B Atomic
MR-03 MM Fiber Glass T Plate (5.5mm)

MR3-007-B Atomic
MR-03 MM Fiber Glass T Plate (6.5mm)

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MR3-005-8-B_install.jpg

Don't forget to add the T-plate adapter which has a forward alignment flange to better secure the T-plate.

Model: MR3-009

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/large/atomic/MR3-009_l.jpg

MR-03 titanium screw set

Model: TS-131

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/TS-131_m.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.02.11, 07:00 PM
Part numbers:

MR3-017-W
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-017-W_m.jpg

MR3-017-N
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-017-N_m.jpg

MR3-016
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-016_m.jpg

Installed photos on my F355

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_8457.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_8455.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_8454.JPG

Fiberglass T-plates:

MR3-018-M
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-018-M_m.jpg

MR3-018-R
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-018-R_m.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.02.11, 07:03 PM
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/resized/MR3-012-N0.jpg

A-type: same as stock

B-type: with optimized Ackerman

chad508
2010.02.11, 08:54 PM
so where can we buy them at?

Atomic-USA
2010.02.11, 11:00 PM
Try tinyRC / Ask your local dealers or order from www.egrracing.com direct.

CristianTabush
2010.02.12, 02:37 AM
we will have optimized ackerman tomorrow...

pedrocamp
2010.02.12, 05:44 AM
What is "optimized" ackerman? More? Less?

Atomic-USA
2010.02.12, 07:25 AM
I do not have this product in hand so I can only translate what I was told by the designed team. I was told "Optimized Ackerman" should be "More". I am hoping to minimize "lost in translation" as best as I could.

CristianTabush
2010.02.12, 09:40 AM
Basically, it will have more steering throw...

Felix2010
2010.02.14, 06:23 AM
Thank you both Sai and CT for telling us the difference between the "a" and "b" designation on the ATM MR03 tierods.
The only thing is it is kinda confusing which tierods are toe-out and toe-in. I've seen them sold on a few sites and they only list them as "0.5*,1*.etc..". I think I see that the part#tells the actual toe of the tierod, but it just is a little confusing when trying to purchase.:o
Thanks again

Half
2010.02.14, 08:32 AM
Thank you both Sai and CT for telling us the difference between the "a" and "b" designation on the ATM MR03 tierods.
The only thing is it is kinda confusing which tierods are toe-out and toe-in. I've seen them sold on a few sites and they only list them as "0.5*,1*.etc..". I think I see that the part#tells the actual toe of the tierod, but it just is a little confusing when trying to purchase.:o
Thanks again

that might be confusing, although all sites I've seen use W & N to front type and + (toe-in / bar length) & - (toe out).

I've purchased a W+1 bar and it seems it made no difference at all, and the bar seems identical to Kyoshos original W0º length. (it was not a ATM bar).

Atomic-USA
2010.02.14, 06:06 PM
Perhaps this can explain between "a" and "b" type:

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MR3-011-014_install.jpg

I will have to use a digital caliper to measure whether the "-" toe bar is shorter or longer. I don't have the caliper with me right now.

pedrocamp
2010.02.14, 08:49 PM
Probably the same length in straight ahead position to give equal toe as the A but the profile, or angle, of the kidney is different to give more Ackerman. More steering angle to the inside tire, I'd bet.

dvsstrike
2010.02.15, 05:13 PM
what is the mr3 016 for? is it just stronger

Felix2010
2010.02.15, 06:04 PM
what is the mr3 016 for? is it just stronger

The #MR3-016 is a complete bottom plate replacement for the front-end. This enables easier tierod swaps, and also looks to be made of FRP hiogh-end plastic:)

Atomic-USA
2010.02.15, 08:42 PM
When screwing the two center bottom screws for the ti-rod cover, remember to use the kit supplied find thread screws otherwise the screw holes may strip.

Felix2010
2010.03.09, 12:57 PM
Hello Sai,

With the upcoming release (I hope) of the new Atomic 96mm WB motor mount, and with the different ATM T-plates, upper/lower front suspension upgrades, and other Atomic 03 parts now becoming widely available - Do you think you could post your current setups using Atomic 03 parts? I have followed some of your setups that you've posted in the past with good success, and would very much appreciate it if you could give a break-down of your MR03:D

Atomic-USA
2010.03.09, 08:32 PM
The 96mm Motor Pod should be available very soon. My current setup is constantly changing due to the large availability of new parts. I'll post my setup once it's stabilized.

Atomic-USA
2010.03.09, 08:43 PM
AR-264 96mm Motor Pod:
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/AR-264_m.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.03.09, 09:05 PM
MR3-018M Fiber Glass MM T Plate

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-018-M_m.jpg

RM Plate: MR3-018R
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-018-R_m.jpg

EMU
2010.03.09, 10:26 PM
How soon until the motormount is available stateside?

Felix2010
2010.03.10, 02:24 PM
The 96mm Motor Pod should be available very soon. My current setup is constantly changing due to the large availability of new parts. I'll post my setup once it's stabilized.

That is exactly why I am asking for your input on your MR03's setup - Because there are so many choices in hop-up parts from Atomic!:)

I resorted to buying one of the old-style Atomic top shocks, even though I am still interested in the new Oil-damped Atomic top-shock in the MR03 teaser-pic. Any news on this Rear Oil-Shock?

Thanks for the reply, I'll stay posted for new setup info:D

Atomic-USA
2010.03.31, 12:07 AM
The Rear oil shock is being modified at the moment. I'll get one myself for testing soon.

2 degree MR-03 caster bar coming soon:
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/large/atomic/MR3-017-2W_l.jpg

Link (http://www.egrracing.com/shop/mr03-front-upper-suspension-brace-w-2%C3%82%C2%B0-caster-p-3744.html)

Felix2010
2010.04.02, 02:50 AM
The Rear oil shock is being modified at the moment. I'll get one myself for testing soon.

Thank you Sai for you help. I appreciate it:D I'm looking forward to more posts about your Atomic setups or parts reviews - I see that the ATM 96mm pod is now available stateside but there hasn't been much talk going around about it.

Atomic-USA
2010.04.02, 08:35 AM
I don't have one yet myself other than the prototype. My setups vary since I go to different tracks with different grip. I am spending too much time swapping parts back and forth I'm going to build a car for each track instead.

Oil shock is now in stock: AR-263

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-263_m.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-263_inst.jpg

EMU
2010.04.02, 12:31 PM
I have one of those oil shocks on its way... It looks like it has downstop adjustment as well as preload. There are two mounts, what is the longer mount for, if you only want to use the rear screw holes?

Tjay
2010.04.02, 06:05 PM
I like the older version ATM shocks. With the oil filled housing, I think this one is going to work great with my current setup. Quick question though. On the pic below:

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-263_inst.jpg

Won't this shock mount block the ICS ports? It almost seems like it was designed only for MR02 with AD board. Perhaps you have recent pic with ASF MR02/03? Thanks in advance!

chad508
2010.04.02, 08:01 PM
i was thinking the same but from the looks of it the other v shaped mount looks to be the one that has to be used on the cars with 2.4 boards

Felix2010
2010.04.05, 12:32 AM
Anyone know the exact weight of the new Atomic Ultra-Light Ball Diff for MR02/03 part#AR-268-S ??

Also the exact weight of the new Atomic top Oil Shock for MR02/03 part# AR-263?

Thanks!

EMU
2010.04.05, 02:59 AM
Anyone know the exact weight of the new Atomic Ultra-Light Ball Diff for MR02/03 part#AR-268-S ??

Also the exact weight of the new Atomic top Oil Shock for MR02/03 part# AR-263?

Thanks!
I will soon ;)

Felix2010
2010.04.18, 05:25 AM
Hi guys,

Could you show me some pics of your 96mm ATM motor pods installed on your cars and what your chassis rear-end looks like with it installed?

I am wondering which DPS plate you need, because I would like to know if I need the 94mm or the 98mm DPS plate. I looking tom try the ATM Titanium DPS plates, and since it isn't as easy to adjust fitment on the metal Titanium plates vs. the Carbon DPS plates I would like to know which is optimum for use with the Atomic 96mm motor pod (With the carbon DPS plates, I have shaved some of the material inside the post hole to adjust forward/rearward travel issues before).

There seems to be alot of cool new Atomic products, but I have not heard much about the people who own them opinions' on them. I am looking forward to some reviews and what the setups look like with some of the Atomic Team drivers if possible. Thanks guys:D

Atomic-USA
2010.04.18, 09:49 PM
I installed my 96mm motor pod with Diffuser right before a race on Friday night. I didn't have a spare MR03 chassis so I converted my used my MR02 Beetle instead. This is PN 2010 WC layout at Maj's hobby shop in NJ running a point series with 70T motor. I won the race with a F50 body and you can see my lap times. I could comfortably went beyond 70 laps but traffic caught me a couple times. I was using an old 98mm DPS plate since I didn't have another at the time. It fit perfectly. The damper post design of the 96mm is solid.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29666&stc=1&d=1271645052

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29667&stc=1&d=1271645052

Atomic-USA
2010.04.18, 09:50 PM
Oops. Photo too big and I couldn't edit or delete it.

Atomic-USA
2010.04.18, 09:58 PM
A few more:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29668&stc=1&d=1271645854

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29669&stc=1&d=1271645854

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29670&stc=1&d=1271645854

chad508
2010.04.18, 10:03 PM
sai does the Diffuser come with the pod. i saw it is Sold separately and was not sure if it came in the kit.

Atomic-USA
2010.04.18, 10:47 PM
The original intent was that the diffuser sold separately. I'll double check though. Mine came with the diffuser in package.

CristianTabush
2010.04.18, 10:51 PM
Chad, they come packaged with the diffuser now.

I like the pod a lot, the CG is actually not much higher than the PN Mount. It looks like it because the motor is in the opposite position, but since it is 96, there is a bit of extra space.

The mount is also about 1 gram lighter than the PN V3 LCG mount, with the Diffuser installed.

I certainly believe this is a great alternative to the PN mount and it also runs great with 96mm t/h plates to achieve 98mm configuration!

Atomic-USA
2010.04.18, 11:15 PM
Yes, the mount now comes with diffuser in package.

The motor sits low enough for RCP high speed running. I'll try it with 96 RR plate to see how it handles in 98mm configuration.

ianc
2010.04.18, 11:30 PM
What is that diffuser supposed to do exactly?

Apart from add weight that is... ;)

ianc

EMU
2010.04.18, 11:59 PM
What is that diffuser supposed to do exactly?

Apart from add weight that is... ;)

ianc
Provides more rear downforce; should prevent the airflow from hitting the inside of the rear bumper of the body, acting like a parachute and lifting the rear of the body. Which is one reason that some racers cut a lot of the rear of the body out, to allow the air to escape easier.

My 96mm mounts did not include the diffusor :( So I have no first hand knowledge of how it effects the handling. I do like the 96mm mount, even without the diffusor :)

phea
2010.04.19, 01:29 AM
I had the original 96 mount and it did not come with the diffuser. Although I just got the new package and it does come with it now. Im going to try it out tomorrow and ill post some results

chad508
2010.04.19, 07:25 AM
am i correct to assume it has no adjustment up are down on the damper post arm?

Atomic-USA
2010.04.19, 04:49 PM
The damper post is fixed to add more rigidity. You can either shim the damper post or adjust the damper plate height. See photo:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29670&stc=1&d=1271645854

EMU
2010.04.19, 05:48 PM
I actually prefer this to one that moves, as they never seem to stay in place... I would rather shim it out than have to constantly adjust it to stay at the right height.

chad508
2010.04.19, 08:15 PM
I actually prefer this to one that moves, as they never seem to stay in place... I would rather shim it out than have to constantly adjust it to stay at the right height.

i agree, just wanted to verify

Atomic-USA
2010.04.21, 08:37 PM
AR-269S 64P spur gear set for 2WD -- 52T; 53T; 54T:

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-269-S_m.jpg

AR269 complete 64P conversion set for Atomic Differentials:
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-269_inst.jpg

(MR3-020-N0) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0mm) – Narrow

(MR3-020-N2) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0.2mm) –Narrow

(MR3-020-N4) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0.4mm) –Narrow

(MR3-020-N6) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0.6mm) –Narrow

(MR3-020-W0) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0mm) – Wide

(MR3-020-W2) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0mm) – Wide

(MR3-020-W4) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0mm) – Wide

(MR3-020-W0) MR-03 Spring Pre-Load Plate (0mm) – Wide

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29687&stc=1&d=1271900144

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29688&stc=1&d=1271900144

Tjay
2010.04.21, 10:08 PM
hmm... I know eventually Atomic will have their 64 pitch. I actually think it took them a while to produce it but anyhow, what is the difference between this spur vs PN's spur?

Atomic-USA
2010.04.21, 10:47 PM
The difference is you don't have to spend as much.

Tjay
2010.04.21, 11:11 PM
no seriously. Is there any difference between the two? Like; weight, material being used (delrin), machine cut, perhaps ceramic bearings, etc... or it is really just the price?

Felix2010
2010.04.22, 07:05 PM
Awesome stuff Sai Tam, thank you for the pics and info. Also thank you for the details on the new ATM MR03 "F.S." ALm. Knuckle. :D

keke
2010.04.23, 08:41 AM
Hello every body,

Here is a preview of the themes for Rocket Atomic Mr03, stainless steel and with great power sliding.
This axis are identical in size to those of origin.
http://img42.xooimage.com/files/1/b/b/mr3-021_l-1b5c0e0.jpg (http://mini-rc.xooit.fr/image/42/1/b/b/mr3-021_l-1b5c0e0.jpg.htm)http://img42.xooimage.com/files/a/d/0/mr3-021_inst-1b5c0fc.jpg (http://mini-rc.xooit.fr/image/42/a/d/0/mr3-021_inst-1b5c0fc.jpg.htm)

doug01n
2010.04.23, 10:35 AM
Just bought the 64 pitch conversion set, medium grease for dampening and the +2º camber aloy front mount. Let's see the results in a few weeks!

Tjay
2010.04.27, 02:52 AM
I've been running 96mm t-bar by RR on my mod car and I'm really liking this configuration however, I'm stuck with one type of t-bar... Today, I picked up a 96mm ATM pod for my stock car. This way I can use all 94mm t-bar that I already have...

Few concerns..

1. The diff shaft bearing holders are loose. They're still using the old holder that has play. I had to use two strips on double sided tire tape to get rid of the play on both sides!

2. The arm where the damper post go, should've been adjustable (up & down). The bottom spring is stuck in one position while the top can be adjustable. Shimming the damper plate to raise the lower disc, is not really a good idea as the damper plate wont be flat/even with the ATM 2.8mm spacer or even PN DDS spacer.

Everything else I like. It looks heavy on the picture but its not. It's actually lighter than any other 94mm pod config. It looks thick and bulky but very light... Btw, It didn't come with the air dam.

I haven't tried it on the track but i think it'll feel the same as the one I already have. I will let you guys know. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my knuckles.. :)

EMU
2010.04.27, 03:36 AM
TJ,

I havent cleared this with ATM HK, but it is my assumption that your mount was an initial release version, I believe there were two releases, yours and the one with the diffusor. Which is the 2nd release and solved the bearing holder slop according to what I have heard from racers that have the version with the diffusor. From what I understand, all new mounts come with the diffusor, and shouldnt have the slop on the bearing holders.

I have used mine for a week. Mine is first release, and there is a little play on the ride height adjusters. I glue mine in place (tiny bit of glue applied with a toothpick) with a small shim on the bottom. I have made it a habit to always glue the inserts in place (regardless of mount manufacturer), since I dont want them to move and bind against the differential. If the a tiny amount of glue is used, they are pretty easily removable. I may try your double sided tape trick, although I havent used any tire tape for a long time, so I have to get some more on Saturday.

I shimmed under the 2.8mm DPS spacer with a shim the same thickness as the DPS plate (mount for my top shock if I decide to use one). Keeps the DDS spring preload even. An adjustable arm would have been nice, but I do like the fact that this arm will not move at all... On previous mounts, the arm could change the angle of the arm slightly, especially if using a top shock. This I feel is more of a problem than the lack of adjustability of the arm.

I have had excellent results with the mount, despite the small flaw. I want to get one with a diffusor for another car. It is very light, and I prefer the method of motor adjustment to the adapter plate on the ATM LM mount and all new PN mounts. I feel that I can get the mesh more precisely adjusted easier. I felt that this mount gave me more steering than the RR t-plate with PN LCG mount that I was using before.

Im waiting for my knuckles too ;) They look nice.

Tjay
2010.04.27, 09:46 AM
Eugune,

I like the pod, there's less screws and the pod is almost a single unit! The only piece that you have to add on is just the damper arm. That's cool!

I can glue it no problem but after I find the height I want. The slop is just quite big. I would say at least, .02mm per side... Now that ATM HK is aware of it, I hope they'll send us a better one and more precise bearing holder.

Same thickness as the DDS for a spacer... that's quite high but I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

EMU
2010.04.27, 11:52 AM
If you use the ATM DDS, it should come with a small black spacer, which is the same thickness ass the DDS plate. If you use a PN DDS, then it comes with the top shock mount, which is the same thickness. I used an old ATM RM DDS plate that served the same purpose.

I felt the same way, and have sent an email to ATM-USA to see if an optional low position arm can be produced for people that wish to run their plate lower. The advantage of running the plate higher, means that at every angle that the motormount rotates, the discs travel further on the damper, so there is more dampening without having to use thicker grease which makes it more difficult to recenter the pod.

skyler
2010.04.28, 05:30 PM
Got my Atomic extra Light Ball Diff today. Very nice! Very smooth out of the pack. Really precision. Only thing would have made it better is a 64p spur. A+ Atomic!

Atomic-USA
2010.05.11, 12:08 AM
Ultra light ball diff now comes in blue:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29820&stc=1&d=1273554452

MR-03 Knuckles
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29819&d=1273554213

64P gear set
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29821&stc=1&d=1273554491

Atomic-USA
2010.05.11, 12:10 AM
Note: MR3-019 MR-03 knuckles have adjustable wheel offset and steering pin lowering capability. Simply add shims and use a little bit of thread lock.

Felix2010
2010.05.11, 12:43 AM
Anyone have the weight on that Ultra-Light Ball Differential? :)

EMU
2010.05.11, 12:12 PM
I put one on an LM shaft, and the results are good :) It has D-cut rings, so the plates will not slip. I still put a little glue on them anyway, and installed ceramic balls. 64p fits with no modification.

Atomic-USA
2010.05.11, 12:20 PM
Two of my digital scales are missing I'll have to weight the Diff unit next time I go to a hobby shop

skyler
2010.05.11, 03:40 PM
Two of my digital scales are missing I'll have to weight the Diff unit next time I go to a hobby shop

Cristian said the complete diff weighs only 6 grams.

Tjay
2010.05.11, 06:58 PM
Sai,

I don't remember asking ATM HK about the 96mm lower defuser. I don't really care much about it but I received it yesterday anyhow, Thank you! Now that ATM has you as their rep, I can see better future with Atomic company in US market. ;)

I want that knuckle!! hehe.. Is this available in US yet?

Atomic-USA
2010.05.11, 09:03 PM
Yes the knuckles are available in USA. The local track here has a couple of them left.
I'm glad you got the diffuser.

chad508
2010.05.11, 09:24 PM
so you can adjust the axle on the knuckles after all? i know earlier you said no but in todays post you said it does. just want to verify either way

EMU
2010.05.11, 10:04 PM
so you can adjust the axle on the knuckles after all? i know earlier you said no but in todays post you said it does. just want to verify either way

They are threaded, so you should be able to adjust them a little with a shim. But whether you adjust them or not, you should use threadlock on the threads.

Atomic-USA
2010.05.11, 10:13 PM
Yes the axles are 100% adjustable.

CristianTabush
2010.05.11, 10:56 PM
We are stocking all the new atomic stuff as well... We have the new 94mm pods on the way.

Atomic-USA
2010.05.13, 11:39 PM
AR-271 new 94mm motor mount with sturdy damper post mounting design. I can't wait to try it out at Maj's 70T club race tmw. A couple other new parts are installed as shown including Lightweight diff and Atomic's new Oil shock

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29841&stc=1&d=1273811817

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29842&stc=1&d=1273811817

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29843&stc=1&d=1273811817

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29844&stc=1&d=1273811817

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29845&stc=1&d=1273811817

Atomic-USA
2010.05.13, 11:41 PM
Two more photos. Unfortunately I don't have an extra MR-03 chassis yet.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29846&stc=1&d=1273812013

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29847&stc=1&d=1273812013

HaCo
2010.05.14, 01:18 AM
The alternative placement for the DPS looks good IMO. That rear diffuser, it is just the looks of it I guess?

Atomic-USA
2010.05.14, 07:36 AM
I am not an aerodynamic expert, but my Modified car seems easier to drive with the diffuser at high speed. The Diffuser is removable.

More feedback and analysis for the diffuser is welcomed.

Deanhk
2010.05.15, 11:24 AM
Hi Atomic-USA

I've recently seen the new version of front suspension arms to the MR-03 like in the pic in attachment...
But I can't find any info. on Atomic RC yet.It's amazing news, will the info. be released soon?

Atomic-USA
2010.05.16, 09:14 AM
The design of these front arms lower the Ride height by 0.4mm without affecting camber angle. Further information will be provided.

herman
2010.05.16, 10:51 PM
arms look beefier... which is a good thing... :D

dorifto46
2010.05.19, 12:09 PM
Just purchased and installed the 96mm motor pod. The pod came with the diffuser attached to the package. The axle cups that came with the motor mount still had the same slop/play as others been having. In my parts box i had extra cups from a previous atomic mount and thought i give them a try to see the fit. The old cups fit perfectly with no slop or play and no shimming needed!

EMU
2010.05.19, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info... I will try some old bearing adapters when I get a chance.

Atomic-USA
2010.05.26, 12:46 PM
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/MR3-022_inst.jpg

(GRP) Graphite-Reinforced Plastic

Features:

Enhanced lever angle improves shock rebound response under cornering.

Ride height lowered naturally by 0.4mm without affecting camber angle.

dxm2
2010.05.26, 02:09 PM
These look great. Are they available now?

EMU
2010.05.26, 02:16 PM
They are available at EGRracing in HK as of yesterday... http://www.egrracing.com/shop/carbonaceous-front-suspension-arm-for-mr03-p-3830.html

Not available stateside yet... but should be soon.

chad508
2010.05.26, 03:28 PM
i assume they use the stock balls.

Atomic-USA
2010.05.26, 05:17 PM
At slightly more than the cost of a pair of tires; these arms are priced right for today's economic environment.

Atomic-USA
2010.06.03, 07:10 PM
Something is in development..............

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29993&stc=1&d=1275610176

ruf
2010.06.03, 07:19 PM
cute! I like it!

SaiTam
2010.06.15, 07:33 AM
Adjustable T-plate mount for MR-03. Part # MR3-024

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/MR3-024_m.jpg

PadrinoNY
2010.06.15, 08:02 AM
Yes finally a tplate mount by ATOMIC that will let me use one Tplate for all track conditions....... oh so i think lol

Deanhk
2010.06.18, 11:05 PM

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29993&stc=1&d=1275610176
It looks good!! let me guess....90mm?:D

Felix2010
2010.06.20, 04:44 AM

Do the front suspension arms look weird to anyone else?.... I think what I see are the new Atomic long Kingpins that have the nut threads on top so you can screw a nut onto the kingpin instead of using an e-clip, I've seen those before.... And the upper-arms look like they are the "carbonaceous" version, seen that also; But the weird thing is the inner-part of the front upper arms where the arms push down on the front springs. The upper arms look like they have metal ball-joints or screws in them right there. Can't be sure though.:)

The rear pod I can definitely see is prototype, hehe:D 90mm WB, eh?

Keep the new stuff coming Atomic:D

blt456
2010.06.20, 04:49 AM
I saw that king pin on EGR racing like 2 months ago

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/mr03-adjustable-long-king-pin-ball-stainless-p-3831.html

Felix2010
2010.06.29, 01:02 AM
Ya, the kingpin isn't the thing that I'm wondering about. It looks to me like there's a front Sway-bar type deal going on in the middle there between the two carbonaceous upper arms....:)

EMU
2010.06.29, 06:13 AM
I am not certain, but it looks like it is a negative travel limiter to adjust ride height/droop.

color01
2010.06.29, 01:29 PM
I'm with EMU. You'd need a little bit more space than that to produce an anti-roll bar setup.

That 90MM mount doesn't look half bad, wonder what it weighs with that damper arm.

Atomic-USA
2010.07.04, 11:41 PM
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MR3-017-W05_inst4.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MR3-017-W05_inst5.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.07.04, 11:52 PM
19mm(AR-273-F*) front wheels with a low MSRP of $3.30 USD per pair; also available with 20mm rear (AR-273-R*) :

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-273-F_m.jpg

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30158&stc=1&d=1278305487

0; 0.5; 1.0; 1.5 offset available.

byebye
2010.07.05, 08:02 AM
19mm(AR-273-F*) front wheels with a low MSRP of $3.30 USD per pair; also available with 20mm rear (AR-273-R*) :

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30158&stc=1&d=1278305487

Are these alloy r plastic?

Kris

EMU
2010.07.05, 09:00 AM
Are these alloy r plastic?

Kris

I am pretty sure they are plastic.

Atomic-USA
2010.07.05, 10:30 AM
The wheels are made of Plastic. $3.30 MSRP

SAGISI
2010.07.05, 01:08 PM
Will these be avaliable in other colors?

Atomic-USA
2010.09.07, 10:08 PM
ITEM# BAV-001

800MAH Racing Batteries with an affordable price tag. Racers will not be disappointed with this.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/BAV001_inst.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.09.07, 10:20 PM
IHI Body Kits and lightweight windows for various Mini-z bodies:

Sample:
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_imi/BKSTWRX_inst.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/IMI/LWWENZ_m.jpg

LINK (http://www.egrracing.com/shop/imi-m-70.html)

Atomic-USA
2010.09.07, 10:26 PM
90mm Motor Pod for Mini Cooper; Porsche 911GT3, Beetle, etc...
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs309.snc4/40794_430787835853_141121695853_4892159_2283824_n. jpg

Hardened Servo Gear for MR03

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs146.ash2/40650_430976340853_141121695853_4897600_812566_n.j pg

Scrapper
2010.09.07, 10:36 PM
looking awesome now i can try to get an 03 good job atomic

Chicken Little
2010.09.07, 10:46 PM
Will you have a 20mm version of the AR-273 fronts? What about having other finishes like silver or bronze?

pfcparts
2010.09.08, 12:08 AM
2 Qs.

What material is that gear made of?

Did you guys decide on a different anodized
color to offer?

parts

Atomic-USA
2010.09.08, 07:46 AM
Stainless Steel.

Ligther color allows user to see the dust/dirt easier, so we'll probably keep that.

Chicken Little
2010.09.08, 09:03 AM
What about different colors for the AR-273 fronts? Also have a 20mm front version?

Atomic-USA
2010.09.08, 09:31 AM
Currently no but Atomic is looking into that.

Gravyking
2010.09.11, 07:54 PM
Where can i buy the new rims?

Atomic-USA
2010.09.11, 11:23 PM
Where are you located?

TheRinger
2010.09.12, 11:12 AM
Glad 2 see atomic finally coming out with new parts.

Atomic-USA
2010.09.12, 11:20 PM
Summer is usually a low season for Mini-z and the parent company has been focusing more on the 1/10th scale stuffs. Mini-z hop-ups will pick up starting in the Fall.

Gravyking
2010.09.13, 07:08 AM
Where are you located?

I live in Sweden!
But do all my shopping on ebay or egrracing!

Atomic-USA
2010.09.28, 10:35 AM
Part #: MR3-025

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/MR3-025_m.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MR3-025_inst.jpg

Gravyking
2010.10.01, 06:34 AM

When does the 2.0; 2.5; 3.0; offset become available?

I have got one set of each offset so far. :)

JuniorWKR
2010.10.08, 10:49 AM
i recently tried out the new atomic 19mm front rims with matching 20mm rears... i must say at first i really liked them... great price... very good looking... extemely light felt i increase in punch with stock... but the only problem i am having is the rears arent holding true to form... they seem to bend very easily and now on two cars all 4 rear wheels are wobbling... any one else having this problem?...

JuniorWKR
2010.10.08, 10:55 AM
they seem to be bending where the spokes meet the hub.. it seems as thogh the design of the rim makes that the week point... the rim where the tire sits seems to be pretty strong and holds true to its form but it seems to me that over time that where the spokes meet the hub will be the breaking point.

Tjay
2010.10.08, 11:39 AM
I personally like my ATM trued dish 19mm front that I got early on this year.

left 19mm/ Right 20mm
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21048_1284455683681_1598807667_30688293_359444_n.j pg

Front 19mm/ rear 20mm
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs283.ash1/21048_1284455843685_1598807667_30688297_5134862_n. jpg

I used it at the KO race but I couldn't run this at RCX event due to PN Rules, "no modified wheels" although the rest of the clan were running "prototype" 19mm front wheels. :P

JuniorWKR
2010.10.08, 12:15 PM
yeah those look a bit stronger:rolleyes:... i dont think these spoked rears are gonna hold up...

EMU
2010.10.08, 01:03 PM
I think that the spoked rears were designed more for low grip situations (carpet). They have a lot more flex in them than the dish wheels. I have a set on my 70t 2wd, and noticed that they are a little out of true. Nothing that I can really feel on the track, but enough to notice. If I was right at the edge of what the body could take without binding, I would be in trouble... but I leave enough room, to allow a little slop. The lower grip the track is, the better these will handle compared to rigid dish wheels.

color01
2010.10.08, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately the spoked rears did not hold up well for me -- I cracked one (outer rim to spoke) within 10 runs from getting T-boned at high speed. I do like how light they are though, on a slower track (like EMU said, carpet?) where the collisions aren't as strong these would be good wheels to run.

JuniorWKR
2010.10.08, 01:27 PM
nice of them to release a unannounce carpet rim in the US where i dont even know of a carpet track...

JuniorWKR
2010.10.08, 01:29 PM
come to think of it doesnt atomic manufacture most of their parts that are developed on a carpet track?

EMU
2010.10.09, 12:07 PM
In asia, most of the tracks are carpet... They probably dont have much RCP out there due to the cost of shipping, and ease of getting carpet for the track surface.

Alot of the ATM product line works great on both surfaces, but some parts cater more to carpet, and some to RCP. I feel that the Ti damper plates work best for carpet or low grip, while the Carbon work better on RCP. That doesnt mean that the Ti plates wong work well on RCP.

From what I know, ATM has been trying to develop more parts for the RCP market... so they are trying to cater to the US/RCP market. From what I know, in Europe, the ATM tires work much better since there is less grip over there on RCP.

Atomic-USA
2010.10.10, 08:19 AM
About the wheels:

-Atomic does not distinguish between the surface types for wheel design or usage. Therefore there is no Carpet / RCP / Wood / Asphalt kind of rims from Atomic unless it is stated. "For Carpet Use" was an opinion from EMU; Material / Style / Weight / Color / Costs are the bases for our wheel designs. While there maybe no permanent Mini-z carpet track/hobby shop near Bergen County, NJ the sales trend indicate most Mini-z users are recreational and run their cars at home on Commercial carpet / RCP / Garage and gym tiles / hardwood floors, etc......

-The Atomic staff in Asia do their development primarily on Competition Carpet tracks; the US sponsored drivers and myself do the same at different RCP tracks here in USA.

-Almost all 19mm rims on the market are Dish design and are designed and priced for serious competiton use, so we came up with spoked 19mm affordable wheels as our first offering. We realize that the recent pricing for Mini-z 2.4ghz cars and hop-ups are high and most shops do not want to stock and sell high priced Mini-z wheels. However, feedback is taken and we will develop race oriented rims.

-Ever since Kyosho tire tape came out, I stopped gluing tires because the glued tire/rim usually do not spin true with glue no matter how well I did it. I have also been using Japanese Alloy wheels in rear since I primarily do not run 70T class. The rear wheels take a beating and I had destroyed all types of plastic/delrin rims in rear. The high cost high quality Alloy wheels hold up well and are generally more reusuable.

-We warranty our products aside from misuse or collision damage. Replacements are sent from the factory not from myself though. While a purchase receipt maybe impossible to obtain or keep, please try to get one to make things easier for me. If you are local then I can almost always offer replacements on the spot.

arch2b
2010.10.10, 09:54 AM
receipts should be available via order history from the online store you purchased from. if you bought from a hobby shop, good luck with that. i never keep my paper receipts unless the value of the item makes it worth while.

Atomic-USA
2010.10.10, 10:23 AM
I think all manufacturers require receipts just to prevent abuse. There will always be exceptions, however.

Bodom
2010.10.13, 02:20 AM
As you speak for the new S6 wheels...
I cannot see 20mm narrow rims :mad:
Why the narrow rims are only 19mm ?:confused:

color01
2010.10.13, 02:38 AM
If you need 20mm narrow rims, just wrap four layers of Scotch tape around the rim, that should do it. Bonus, you can glue your tires onto the Scotch and removing them will be as easy as peeling off the Scotch tape from the rim.

Tjay
2010.10.13, 03:01 PM
About the wheels:

-Atomic does not distinguish between the surface types for wheel design or usage. Therefore there is no Carpet / RCP / Wood / Asphalt kind of rims from Atomic unless it is stated. "For Carpet Use" was an opinion from EMU; Material / Style / Weight / Color / Costs are the bases for our wheel designs. While there maybe no permanent Mini-z carpet track/hobby shop near Bergen County, NJ the sales trend indicate most Mini-z users are recreational and run their cars at home on Commercial carpet / RCP / Garage and gym tiles / hardwood floors, etc......

-The Atomic staff in Asia do their development primarily on Competition Carpet tracks; the US sponsored drivers and myself do the same at different RCP tracks here in USA.

-Almost all 19mm rims on the market are Dish design and are designed and priced for serious competiton use, so we came up with spoked 19mm affordable wheels as our first offering. We realize that the recent pricing for Mini-z 2.4ghz cars and hop-ups are high and most shops do not want to stock and sell high priced Mini-z wheels. However, feedback is taken and we will develop race oriented rims.

-Ever since Kyosho tire tape came out, I stopped gluing tires because the glued tire/rim usually do not spin true with glue no matter how well I did it. I have also been using Japanese Alloy wheels in rear since I primarily do not run 70T class. The rear wheels take a beating and I had destroyed all types of plastic/delrin rims in rear. The high cost high quality Alloy wheels hold up well and are generally more reusuable.

-We warranty our products aside from misuse or collision damage. Replacements are sent from the factory not from myself though. While a purchase receipt maybe impossible to obtain or keep, please try to get one to make things easier for me. If you are local then I can almost always offer replacements on the spot.

Thanks Sai!!

Atomic-USA
2010.10.15, 08:25 AM
Just released:

19mm wheels in White

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-276_m.jpg

AR-276-F0 (Front) / AR-277 (Rear)

----------------------------------------------------

94mm motor mount replacement for AR-138-B

Part no: AR-266

A lot of clubs and individuals run the box stock or X-speed motor. This mount accommodates aftermarket motor cans also.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-266_m.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-266_inst1.jpg

------------------------------------

AR-278 DPS with selectable DP height:

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-278_m.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-278_inst.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-278_inst1.jpg

EMU
2010.10.15, 12:26 PM
I like the white wheels :)

Nice to see a new 94mm mount that doesnt requre use of the motor screw holes to mount it.

Thanks for the update.

chad508
2010.10.15, 12:36 PM
egr states the new white wheels to be delrin is this correct?

Atomic-USA
2010.10.18, 08:26 AM
Yes /

chad508
2010.10.18, 08:38 AM
thanks sai. are the black ones delrin as well?

Atomic-USA
2010.10.18, 09:32 AM
Black ones are plastic and are about $1 cheaper each pair.

Bodom
2010.10.18, 10:50 AM
@Atomic-USA: Besides the scotch tape fix - are there gonna be 20mm narrow S6 rims in production?

color01
2010.10.18, 12:44 PM
Will there be Delrin 20mm rears soon? IMO the rears are the easier ones to break with their spoke shape, my 19mm plastic fronts have survived even Route 241's wooden rails.

EMU
2010.10.18, 12:47 PM
The white delrin 6 spoke wheels are available in 20mm rear as well... 0-1.5mm offset in .5mm increments.

chad508
2010.10.18, 12:47 PM
egr shows the rear white 20mm to be delrin also

Atomic-USA
2010.10.19, 06:55 AM
@Atomic-USA: Besides the scotch tape fix - are there gonna be 20mm narrow S6 rims in production?

Not at this moment because 20mm wheels tend to rub the body.

Atomic-USA
2010.10.19, 07:02 AM
Atomic Pit Mat / Laptop Mat:

Available in Black(WE-004) / Blue(WE-005) / Orange (WE-003)

60cm X 44cm

Smooth soft Material

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/bmz_cache/2/29277c36346af569f939739d482d2d69.image.100x75.jpg
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/WE003_005_install_2.jpg

Perfect for
1) Mini-z Pitting
2) Laptop and Mouse Pad

Alternative use:
3) Black Mat is perfect for eliminating glare on car's dashboard

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSaleAug10/IMG_0385.jpg

A photo maybe difficult to prove but the annoying dashboard glare and GPS antenna glare are now gone
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSaleAug10/IMG_0386.jpg

arch2b
2010.10.19, 12:58 PM
how do these differ from the existing lineup of pit mats?

CristianTabush
2010.10.19, 01:17 PM
Different Logo and they no longer have the velcro strap. They seem to be a little bit "softer" as well ( not as rubberized)

Atomic-USA
2010.10.20, 08:23 AM
AR-270LB Titanium Ball Diff V-III Blue (For MR-02/03 LM)

*Note this diff is longer than the standard diff shaft; thus it's for LeMans cars or motor mounts.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-270-LB_inst.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-270-LB_m.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.10.20, 09:47 AM
Also available in Silver: AR-270-LS

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-270-LS_inst.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.10.22, 07:49 AM
Mini-z Tire Warmer:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSaleAug10/DSC_2492.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSaleAug10/DSC_2497.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSaleAug10/DSC_2510.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSaleAug10/DSC_2511.jpg

Features:-

Maximize Tire Traction in changing weather/track condition

Variable Temperature adjustment and temperature stabilizing feature

Compact design makes it easy to carry

Single knob control for ease of use

Voltage Input: 12V minimum 3A current

Temperature range: 40 - 80 degrees

Suitable for Mini-z Series (F1; AWD; 2WD) / XMODS and other similar scale RC vehicles

**Product price and availability pending. I am heading over to ALS Charity race in a minute and will answer questions after the weekend.

arch2b
2010.10.22, 08:20 AM
pretty neat.

see you at the charity race!

mleemor60
2010.10.22, 08:30 AM
Bring it along. I would like to do a side by side with the muchmore unit..

doug01n
2010.10.22, 11:29 AM
When will it be available at EGR?

Looks nice! Does it make difference running 10 minutes rounds on carpet? We use the Atomic 10º W-groove tire at our track!

EMU
2010.10.22, 09:07 PM
I am sure that we will hear about it as soon as it will be available...

skyler
2010.10.29, 10:01 PM
I'm interested - but have a few more questions too. I've looked at the instructions on the EGR page too and I may refer to the numbers on that diagram.

1: Whats the weight difference between this and stock?
2: In the promo pics - what lower arm is being used?
3: Is it compatible with the current Atomic lower Alu arms?
4: Is ride height adjusted by changing out the shims at *7* on the instruction sheet?
5: It looks like it installs over an Atomic upper tower bar. Is it compatible with a: all Atomic Tower bars (particularly interested in the +2 degrees caster) b:stock and or other brands upper bars?
6: Are any particular knuckles recommended or should be avoided?
7: Is this compatible with any other existing spring, or will option springs be released in the future?
8: Someone asked this before (OT a little) - where DID you get those delrin(?) battery clips from in the promo pic - upcoming product? They look usefully lightweight...
9: What is expected to be the primary advantage of running this setup vs stock or say Atomics reverse kingpin setup?

SOrry for the barrage of questions!

1. Didn't weigh mine but the complete kit is very light. 2. Looks like stock to me. 3. Yes. If you dont use Atomic's lower bar you will have to add pivot balls to the stock lower arm. 4. You could do it that way but I think it's meant to adjust with the shocks. 5. Atomic's +2 upper bar works awesome. Don't think it's meant to work with any other brand upper bars. 6. I would start with Atomic 1.5 knuckles. 7. Reflex's option side shock spring set fits perfect. I think the springs that come with it are too stiff. 8. Don't know. 9. in my opion the advantages are: It's smoother, you won't lose your springs in a crash, and it's almost a complete performance suspension package for just $21.

Atomic-USA
2010.10.30, 12:47 PM
Just released: 90mm MM motor mount:

AR-265 (BLUE)
AR-265-BK (Black)
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-265-BK_m.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-265_inst1.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-265_inst2.jpg

arch2b
2010.10.30, 01:10 PM
Looks great sai! I'll pick up one to try on my 240z for sure.

Scrapper
2010.10.30, 04:40 PM
I am gonna have to build a 90 car now?
Darn it Atomic! More money gonna be spent! But for a good cause! Lolz jk!
Maybe next atomic race they should run a 90 mm mini class

mugler
2010.10.31, 03:42 PM
Will this 90mm pod fit in the F40 and the porsche bodies without rear window removal or mods?

herman
2010.11.01, 08:34 PM
looks pretty cool... :D
wish they could post pics of the underside... as i'm also wondering if you could use it for a 94mm setting...
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-265_inst.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.11.24, 09:01 AM
Tire warmer: Part # IC-082
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/IC-082_m.jpg

Titanium Gear Diff Drive Shaft (For MR-02 / 03 MM) AR-272-M For LM use AR-272-L
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/AR-272-L_m.jpg
Installed:
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/AR-272-L_inst.jpg

180mah Lipo Battery for Dnano DN-010
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/DN-010_m.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.11.24, 09:04 AM
Camber Knuckles for MR-03
.5D -- MR3-019-05B
1D -- MR3-019-10B
1.5D -- MR3-019-15B
2D -- MR3-019-20B
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/MR3-019-05B_m.jpg

dvsstrike
2010.11.28, 06:48 PM
can't wait for them tire warmers now.

tudor_47
2010.11.29, 08:12 AM
Looks like Atomic has relseaed the new motor now..

with a bit of conflicting data .. it says 44T in the information text but on the moptor itself in the pictures it is stated 48T??

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/17mm-stock-plus-new-generation-motor-for-miniz-series-p-4329.html

tudor_47
2010.11.29, 08:21 AM
Fouind the motor at Atomic home page:
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=38&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1949&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

there it states that it is 48T motor

doug01n
2010.11.29, 11:23 AM
Does it fit in an AWD? The original motor fits so tight in the motor mount... :confused:

EMU
2010.11.29, 11:55 AM
Does it fit in an AWD? The original motor fits so tight in the motor mount... :confused:
It does with new motor adapters:
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1943&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Atomic-USA
2010.11.29, 02:09 PM
Thanks for pointing out the typo. I cannot update the EGR homepage. The info will be updated.

Atomic-USA
2010.11.29, 02:19 PM
Photos:

MO-028 Round Can New Generation Mini-z motor

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/atomic/MO-028_m.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MO-028_inst.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MO-028_inst1.jpg

Z_408
2010.11.29, 04:18 PM
Why do manufacturers always list new products with zero descriptions?

SaiTam
2010.11.29, 04:22 PM
Actually the descriptions are on the EGR homepage. I am pasting it to the forum here:

Basic Requirement: MOSFET 3010 x 2 / (1 layer)
Turns: 48T
Neo Magnet
Dual Ball bearing with High efficiency cooling case
Endbell: Type M1

Performance (on 4.8V platform):-
RPM (Non-Loading): 34000
Current: 0.9 AMP

Recommend Gear Ratio”-
MR-01,015,02:-
5.38:1 to 4.30:1

AWD:-
6.38:1 to 4.97:1

mdowney
2010.11.29, 04:56 PM
Why do manufacturers always list new products with zero descriptions?

Hah! You're so right. I get annoyed every time I find a Mini-Z part on any site that has no description. No photo is even worse. Just seems lazy to me.

Seems to me that if I were in the business of selling parts I would go out of my way to make sure potential customers have as much info as I could give them. Then again, I don't have such a business so I shouldn't judge. :D

Z_408
2010.11.29, 07:07 PM
Actually the descriptions are on the EGR homepage. I am pasting it to the forum here:

Turns: 48T
Neo Magnet
Dual Ball bearing with High efficiency cooling case
Endbell: Type M1

Performance (on 4.8V platform):-
RPM (Non-Loading): 34000
Current: 0.9 AMP

Recommend Gear Ratio”-
MR-01,015,02:-
5.38:1 to 4.30:1

AWD:-
6.38:1 to 4.97:1

These specs really tell us nothing.
What are the advantages?, how is it better?, what motor mount will it fit?

unearthed name
2010.11.29, 09:03 PM
the question is can i use it with current motor mount or not?

herman
2010.11.29, 09:37 PM

hmm... does this mean that it will work on a stock mr03?
and yeah what motor mount will it fit? will it need a different motor mount?
are there any advantages of a round can?

chad508
2010.11.29, 09:45 PM
hmm... does this mean that it will work on a stock mr03?
and yeah what motor mount will it fit? will it need a different motor mount?
are there any advantages of a round can?

the mr03 and all other 2.4 boards has 2 layers of fets a total of 4. so it will work just fine. from what ive heard it will fit all pods with no problem.

Mike Keely
2010.11.29, 10:29 PM
What tires are in that picture? First time that I have seen them.

unearthed name
2010.11.29, 10:51 PM
it's the atomic tire w groove.

Atomic-USA
2010.11.29, 11:01 PM
The tires are AR-257 series. These are more popular elsewhere than in USA.

Regarding the new 17mm motors; I had a write-up in hand and was going to translate them into English before posting here on forum. However, someone beat me to it and started discussion about the motors on this thread earlier. EGR rushed this item on the website because dealers elsewhere in the world want to receive the items ahead of the year end holiday; and many of them do not / cannot read the English descriptions(descriptions also get revised at times.) Regardless, here are the facts about these motors from our engineers:

New armature / brushes / magnets design

More Magnet area resulting in more torque

Saves a tiny beat of space compared to older motor style

Marginally lighter (1g or less)

Better throttle feel

More efficient

*Motor fits all existing Atomic motor mounts except new 90mm series.

Felix2010
2010.12.05, 06:14 PM
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MR3-017-W05_inst4.jpg

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/addition_atomic/MR3-017-W05_inst5.jpg

What is the purpose for this upper brace exactly? What does this upper brace do to the chassis, handling-wise? Is this better for Mod class or Stock class? Forgot to ask about this product a while ago...:)

I am not great at seeing the technical aspects of products and for whom/for what class (Mod or Stock) those products benefit the most. I am wondering, is it better to have true "Zero" static camber at standstill (Like this +0.5 upper brace seems to provide) or is having a little static camber better for most driving situations (but especially for Mod-GT and Pan Mod, When using Super fast Mod motors:D)?

Thanks for the info. I always like checking out this thread for new Atomic hop-ups...:D

Atomic-USA
2010.12.12, 08:44 AM
The product above results in zero static camber. Some racers demanded it so we made it.

Atomic-USA
2010.12.14, 10:20 PM
Here are more close-up photos of the New Generation motors. The mass of the motor feels more centralized compared to old design. I will find out from the club race tomorrow to see how it will perform. I will also have an opportunity to test fit the motor on a variety of motor mounts while I am at the track:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0754.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0752.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0751.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0749.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0748.jpg

Atomic-USA
2010.12.14, 10:22 PM
Different motor mount fitment:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0762.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0761.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0760.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0759.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0757.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0756.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0755.jpg

herman
2010.12.15, 12:19 AM
hmm... it doesn't look as big as suspected... from the pics... it actually looks more compact compared to the old 130 motors... thanks for the pics...

mugler
2010.12.15, 12:58 AM
Does anyone know if this type of motor ever made it to slot car racing? I would assume when it comes to better throttle feel or anything having to do with more power/weight balance those guys would be all over it too...just wondering.

Atomic-USA
2010.12.16, 10:07 AM
I loaned this 17mm motor to an avid racer yesterday and he loved it. The powerband is perfect. Since the motor's dimension and mass are changed you may notice a little difference in handling. I didn't get a chance to go full speed with this motor yet because the two tracks I went to yesterday didn't have a full length straightaway; but I can tell you that this motor is faster than the outgoing Atomic Stock motor with the same number of turns. Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcbEuctUUkE

Chicken Little
2010.12.16, 03:25 PM
How does this compare to the Atomic Standard USA spec? What gearing (64P) do you use?

Atomic-USA
2010.12.16, 05:37 PM
This is noticeably faster than the Atomic Standard. It wasn't my car in the video but I believe the gearing maybe 12/53. I tried 11/52 and it was plenty fast.

Chicken Little
2010.12.16, 06:26 PM
When is this motor coming out? Looks to be a hit.

Atomic-USA
2010.12.16, 08:28 PM
It's available now. Part #MO-028

PadrinoNY
2010.12.16, 09:07 PM
I think the gearing was 52/12.... Awesome just ordered 2.... You had to be there...

Kevin S.
2010.12.17, 11:26 AM
It's available now. Part #MO-028

Sai,
Will this motor fit in the PN Motor Mount? Or do I need to get an Atomic Motor Mount?