PDA

View Full Version : Twilight

arch2b
2009.12.07, 02:55 PM
ok, whom here had to go see these movies due to their significant other?

lets please dispense with the jealous rants about what women seem to find attractive these days (thats all it comes across as when you read male replies to this type of topic).

myself, i like a good vamp flick as much as the next guy. underworld was worth watching, i happened to like Anne Rice series. i was never a big fan of the blade series due to shoddy acting.

i really had a hard time sitting through these twilight movies though. i found them to be so over the top suicidal drama queen to really take it seriously. not that i take any vamp flick seriously but the degree to which these characters lament over each other actually made me laugh out loud in the theater, much to my wife's disgust. she said i was like those old Muppet movie reviews the whole time it was on.

i told her if they cut out the tween drama and focused on the action, it would make a good 20 minute tv show.:p didn't get a smile from that one either.

JeremyC
2009.12.07, 03:05 PM
I managed to avoid getting dragged to see this; mostly because my GF hasn't cracked the first book yet. Although it is sitting on a bookshelf behind me.

BTW, Blade ruled. The first one anyway.

Also I liked I am Legend a lot, until the final scene at his townhouse anyway. Most people think that movie is about zombies, but they are really vampires.

Tjay
2009.12.07, 04:16 PM
I like watching battles between lycans and vampires... I honestly thought that there will be a battle between these two in this movie but they didn't. My wife said that the 3rd one will be the battle, so I'll be watching that movie at 9 am on a Sunday where noone's there and movie ticket is about $5 less... I'll use that $5 for my PN6 rears. :D

Btw, I also like the first blade movie, underworld (all of them) and vampires (vampire hunters). :)

imxlr8ed
2009.12.07, 05:09 PM
Compared to the pain and torture I sat through last night, this little teenie bopper undead soul devil worshipping would probably have been a welcomed event.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON 2012 !!!

Seriously... it's almost like it was written (I'm using the word "written" very loosely here) by a group of 10 year old kids who were playing with their toy cars, trains, planes and boats... and basically re-enacting "ultra-cool" close calls with buildings, towers, short runways and imaginary explosions. I left that film feeling like I had to vomit, and it wasn't from all of the big IMAX experience either (15 ga-jillion watts of brown-note surround sound! :rolleyes: )... more like the kind of vomiting you do after getting gut punched by someone real hard for 3 hours (and then they steal $20 from you).

Sorry, just MO... ;)

Eman
2009.12.07, 06:40 PM
Vampires can't be out in the sunlight. Except Blade. :) Thats my biggest problem with the Twilight series. They sparkle in the sunlight?! So do strippers but they aren't blood suckers....not blood anyway. :D

arch2b
2009.12.07, 07:52 PM
oh yeah, forgot about the glittler in sunlight thing:p priceless...

unfortunately, my wife picked noon saturday to see new moon. i had to listen to all the girls shrieking. next time, i think we will go together and just see separate movies.

Eman
2009.12.08, 10:45 AM
Its a cam, but it still might get you points with your significant other.

I hope this doesn't violate TOS on this forum. If it does I apologize.

Programmers
2009.12.08, 01:57 PM
ok, whom here had to go see these movies due to their significant other?
Me. :( It wasn't too bad. I've sat through worse because of her lol... Coronline and Corpse Bride for example...

arch2b
2009.12.08, 02:12 PM
i can top that one, From Justin to Kelly :eek: way back in the early fan craze of american idol...

marc
2009.12.08, 05:39 PM
Compared to the pain and torture I sat through last night, this little teenie bopper undead soul devil worshipping would probably have been a welcomed event.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON 2012 !!!

Seriously... it's almost like it was written (I'm using the word "written" very loosely here) by a group of 10 year old kids who were playing with their toy cars, trains, planes and boats... and basically re-enacting "ultra-cool" close calls with buildings, towers, short runways and imaginary explosions. I left that film feeling like I had to vomit, and it wasn't from all of the big IMAX experience either (15 ga-jillion watts of brown-note surround sound! :rolleyes: )... more like the kind of vomiting you do after getting gut punched by someone real hard for 3 hours (and then they steal $20 from you).

Sorry, just MO... ;)

OUCH! Thank's for the tip! I've been watching all the hype about 2012 on TV and stuff and the movie look's like Michael Bay movie on drugs. You know, over the top explosions and disasters and what not?

blt456
2009.12.08, 07:23 PM
Don't pay for movies .. :)

arch2b
2009.12.08, 07:36 PM
sorry guys, we can't allow posting links to inappropriate use of copyrighted material;) if you want the link, pm/email them:p just can't be part of pushing that info:)

yes, i've been to the later site.:cool:

imxlr8ed
2009.12.09, 10:28 AM
Law Abiding Citizen though...

Two thumbs up! Pretty good if you are into vengeance movies.

Programmers
2009.12.09, 02:20 PM
Law Abiding Citizen though...

Two thumbs up! Pretty good if you are into vengeance movies.
Yeah, good film. Harry Brown was also pretty good vigilante movie.

Skv012a
2009.12.14, 04:38 PM
I was dragged to see the first one of these and sneaking into Transporter 3 calmed me down that night lol.