PDA

View Full Version : modify motor for free

z360
2002.06.29, 10:03 AM
i got my modiflied xspeed today from my friend (motor technician).
he reducing my xspeed from 50t to 30t. woh! the top speed increase at least 30%. can you imagine how powerful the motor if i replace it into the bb can & neo magnet.z members whose don't understand how to modify themself,can contact me email omorimeter@yahoo.com if they want to modify their xspeed or stock motor.

mryung
2002.06.29, 06:25 PM
It's easy, just cut numbers of turns of wires from the rotor. Because the number of turns are reduced, the top speed would be increased. However, If you do not use internal/external turbo, don't try that. It is because the cutting of wire will reduce the overall resistance and increase the current. It may burn your PCB.:D

herman
2002.06.29, 09:51 PM
mryung...
what would be the minimum turns on an x-speed that would be safe for a non turbo mini-z? and what gauge wire?

z360...
how about torque does it have any torque? meaning how's the acceleration from dead stop? i'm thinking it may be a little slow, but once started, it will be really fast... oh yeah what gauge wire did your motor man friend use?

z360
2002.06.29, 10:11 PM
yes, u have to use turbo. to reduce the t only will increase the top speed, if change the wire to 29# increase torque & top speed.
if u change bb can & magnet u will fly.

herman
2002.06.29, 10:17 PM
mryung...
out of curiosity, what motors do most racers in h.k. use? or do most of them modify motors? what motor do you use?

thanks...

herman
2002.06.29, 10:21 PM
z360...

so did your motor man friend use a #29 gauge wire on your motor?

Draconious
2002.06.29, 10:48 PM
with some variation...

double the winds = double the torque = double the amps = half the speed

half the winds = double the speed = half the amps = half the torque

In either case the overall HorsePower (or mouse power) remains the same... ;)

mryung
2002.06.30, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by herman
mryung...
out of curiosity, what motors do most racers in h.k. use? or do most of them modify motors? what motor do you use?

thanks...

X-Speed for most users, advance user s use Shop custom-made motor or even DIY.

z360
2002.06.30, 07:01 AM
my modiflied xspeed still with the original wire, my other z friends they changed it to #29 and some are use a special 99.99% copper wire which it use for audio output transformer. and my motor friend ever have a silver wire use for hi-end audio which can use to modify the motor but he say no point do that.

BJS-TF
2002.07.10, 10:36 AM
Just remove 3~5 turn is ok. Can let original car run safety...